Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
Article source: Mercer Hoteles
The hotel is located in the Casa Palacio Castelar, a beautiful palace dating from 1880, which has preserved its original structure. The architectural restauration of the Casa Palacio Castelar has been commissioned to the prestigious Sevillian architects Cruz y Ortiz.
The Mercer Sevilla is a unique place where guests can find exclusivity and a singular experience.
Image Courtesy © Mercer Hoteles
- Architects: Cruz y Ortiz Arquitectos
- Project: Mercer Hotel Sevilla
- Location: Calle Castelar 26, Sevilla. Spain
- Photography: Francesc Meseguer
- Interior Design: Amanda Molina (Mercer Hoteles)
- Project Year: 2016
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
Article source: Architects of Invention
The building is located to the North-East of Moscow city centre on a street whose heritage dates back to the 17th century. Originally called Pokrovskaya street, which referred to the liberation of Moscow by the Poles, it became Bakuninskaya in 1918 in honour of MA Bakunin (1814-1876). Many historical houses have survived to this day, including the 200-year-old house at number 7- 15. In 1886, architect IG Kondratenko built the first factory building on the street, on the plots of houses No. 74 – 76. In 1885 the architect P. P. Shcheglov built a house (No. 54), distinguished by an unusually ornate facade: the pediment was decorated with the head of a lion. In 1891, the architect I. S. Kuznetsov built a house at number 78 for the manufacturer Denisov and in 1904, completed No. 94 for the clergy of the churches of the Moscow Pokrovskaya Community of Sisters of Mercy.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Tatlin Apartments
- Location: 5 Bakuninskaya Street, Moscow
- Software used: SketchUp, Revit, Autocad
- Client: Vesta Development
- Lead London Team: Dominykas Daunys, Kam Dhiman, Carlos Hurtado de Mendoza, George Nishnianidze, Nikoloz Japaridze, Theo Kirn, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Vano Ksnelashvili, Jose Lozano, Albert Serrano, Davit Tsanava, Fabio Zampeze
- Moscow Executive Team: Ivan Babich, Irina Bratashova, Julia Mogilevtseva, Nikita Tsymbal
- Consultants: KB Konstrucktor (Structure & ME)
- Construction Cost: $42,750 mil ($2,850/m2)
- GIA (Gross Internal Area): 15000 m²
Sunday, May 6th, 2018
Article source: Teresa Sapey Estudio de Arquitectura
The Petit Palace Santa Barbara is located in an old palace in Alonso Martinez plaza, making it its own right in a surprising and captivating space in the heart of Madrid.
Given the characteristics of the building and its large courtyard, Teresa Sapey Studio projected a magical place to accompany the romantic spirit of the building. A wild garden but cozy at the same time, in which anyone would retreat from the city’s chaos. It was thought a complete renovati on to transform an old and dowdy wasted space in a reference point among the terraces of the capital. The first step was to color the walls, which would brought light and spaciousness to the box in which the courtyard is located. Many large plants and trees of different leaf were used to convert this space into a vegetable urban oasis. And finally, three different zones were created to provide various customer services; an outdoor dining area, a cocktail bar and the wider one, a rest area where you relax in front of the large fireplace. The furniture plays a very important role into the decoration, national furniture firms are combined with prestigious Italian brands to achieve the best contemporary design that keeps functionality and comfort in the same way. The touches that recall the design of Teresa Sapey are clearly recognizable in its entirety. From the walls painted in aquamarine green, a hydraulic tile designed ad hoc for the space or a light garland are touches that will make this terrace turn into one of the places to be in Madrid.
Image Courtesy © Asier Rua
Friday, May 4th, 2018
Article source: VUDAFIERI SAVERINO PARTNERS
The Italian architectural studio Vudafieri-Saverino Partners renews its collaboration with the Rosa Alpina Hotel SPA, a well-known symbol of Italian hospitality excellence. Located in the heart of the Dolomites, in the suggestive San Cassiano village in Alta Badia, the structure is one of The Leading Hotels of the World, boasting a three-star Michelin restaurant internally and an ample, recently-refurbished SPA area.
Image Courtesy © Alex Filz
- Architects: VUDAFIERI SAVERINO PARTNERS
- Project: Rosa Alpina Hotel & Spa – Penthouse
- Location: Dolomites, Italy
- Photography: Alex Filz
- Building Companies: Clara Costruzioni, Decor GmbH/S.R.L, Electro Ladinia
- Surface Area: 164 Square Metres
- Year: Project Delivered in December 2017
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
Article source: Aedas
Vanke Tianfu Cloud City, designed by Aedas, is a prime mixed-use development in Chengdu comprising office, exhibition, hotel, residential, retail and market facilities. Situated within the Tianfu new development zone which is designated for hi-tech and sci-tech industries and in close proximity to Xinglong Lake, the project design is inspired by tech cloud.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Vanke Tianfu Cloud City
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Client: Vanke
- Gross Floor Area: 375,200 sqm
- Director: Kevin Wang
- Completion Year: 2019
Sunday, April 29th, 2018
Article source: Superimpose Architecture Design Studio Limited
Superimpose designed an exclusive members club and hidden wine cellar for a wine enthusiast. The project is situated at the top floor of one of Beijing’s newest and most high-end tower developments, the Genesis Community. Genesis Beijing is a mixed-use development combining a hotel, offices, gardens and a museum by Japanese Architect Tadao Ando. The members club will only be accessible to a private and selected group of members.
Image Courtesy © Marc Goodwin
- Architects: Superimpose Architecture Design Studio Limited
- Project: Sky Cellar’ on the top floor of a Beijing, Office Tower
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Marc Goodwin
- Software used: Rhino, Autocad
- Partners Superimpose: Carolyn Leung, Ben de Lange, Ruben Bergambagt, Carolyn Leung, Ben de Lange, Ruben Bergambagt, Huimin Xie, Yujia Deng, Xiaoyu Xu, Casper Kraai.
- GFA: 203 sqm
Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
Article source: v2com
One of Croatia’s most respected contemporary artists has brought the outside inside to enrich the visitor’s experience at a landmark hotel.
SofijaSilvia has produced an extensive body of photography that specifically responds to the unique architectural and landscape heritage of Hotel Eden, which occupies a modernist masterpiece in forest parkland outside the ancient port town of Rovinj, Croatia.
Image Courtesy © SofijaSilvia
- Architects: AD, arhitektura i dizajn d.o.o.
- Project: Forest of Eden
- Location: Hotel Eden, Rovinj, Croatia
- Artist: SofijaSilvia
- Lightboxes Producer: Centar Kovačić d.o.o.
- Investor: Maistra d.d.
Tuesday, April 17th, 2018
Article source: Richter Dahl Rocha & Partner Architects
Designed by the Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés Architects, the Aquatis complex is part of the Biopôle, a science-based science park in the north of Lausanne. The place is strategic, at the crossroads of the motorway bypass of the city with the new M2 line of the Lausanne metro, inaugurated in 2008. The set consists of a parking-relay on which are placed a hotel and the aquarium -vivarium City of fresh water, connected by a central mall that connects with the metro station «Lausanne-Vennes», and with the car park. Each building has its own identity, but contributes to the coherence of the whole.
Image Courtesy © Richter Dahl Rocha & Partner Architects
- Architects: Richter Dahl Rocha & Partner Architects
- Project: Aquatis | Aquarium-Vivarium
- Location: Route de Berne 144-148, 1010, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Ing.Civil/Structure | Aquarium | Parking: Ingeni Sa
- Ing. Civil / Structure | Hotel | Parking: Daniel Willi SA
- Ing.civil / Structure | Aquarium | Parking: ingeni sa
- Ing. Civil / Structure | Hotel | Parking: daniel willi sa
- Engineer Cvse: rational energies sa
- Health Engineer: h. Schumacher sa
- Etf Engineer: etf sa fragnière sa
Monday, April 9th, 2018
Article source: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
Emerging Milan based firm Peter Pichler Architecture won an international invited competition for a mixed use development in Taiping, China. It is the first project in China for the young firm, that was founded in Milan two and a half years ago. The mixed use development consists of a boutique Hotel, residential apartments, offices, retail, parks and parking.
Image Courtesy © PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Architects: PETER PICHLER ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Taiping Mixed Use Development
- Location: Taiping, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Client: Keycity Group
- Team PPA Competition Phase: Peter Pichler, Gianluigi D´Aloisio, Daniele Colombati, Giovanni Paterlini, Simona Alù, Cem Özbaşaran, Silvana Ordinas
- Project Gfa: 100.000m²
- Year: 2018 winning invited international competition, 2018 beginning of Phase 1 construction, 2022 finish construction