Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Article source: Original vision
Conceived as a tropical oasis, the Dream Hotel and Spa on the Island of Phuket in Thailand is a collection of low rise structures, carefully located around the periphery of the site and looking in on the luxurious lagoon pool which is surrounded by a variety of lounging opportunities, punctuated by the main resort restaurant at one end and a swim up bar and covered lounge at the other.
Image Courtesy © Original vision
- Architects: Original vision
- Project: Dream Hotel Phuket
- Location: Phuket, Thailand
Monday, December 4th, 2017
Article source: DIN interiorismo
As you stand in front of the multicolored reception booth, you realize you are on the edge of entering into a dreamlike mist.
A burst of color coming out to the sidewalk in contrast to the daily gray that is discovered by the walker from the neon color-schemes suggesting a fascinating interior atmosphere. In the corridors and the perimeter circulation we observe the originality in the materials, finishes and design that jump in front of our eyes preventing the opportunity of analysis.
Image Courtesy © DIN interiorismo
- Architects: DIN interiorismo
- Project: Hotel MX Roma
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Friday, December 1st, 2017
Article source: PHL Architects
Harris Hotel Pontianak is strategically located in the center of Pontianak’s business and culinary districts which can be seen from three direction of the streets. The design is made compact to adjust to the site as it is not too big but enough to house a lot of programmes inside.
The owner had their businesses in restaurant and specialties store, therefore they would like to have their businesses be included in this new development. This project also contains of parking area, specialties store, restaurant, hotel, ballroom, meeting rooms, swimming pool and rooftop cafe.
Image Courtesy © PHL Architects
- Architects: PHL Architects
- Project: Harris Pontianak
- Location: Pontianak, Indonesia
- Client: PT. Tapaz Nusantara
- Principal Architect: Hendy Lim & Patrick Lim
- Other Architect/Designer: Lidwitianingrum; Almita Nandyawulan Tedja; Jorgie Aprilio
- M&E Engineer/s: PT. Meka Optima Consultant
- C&S Engineer/s: PT. Bentara Karya Mandiri
- Contractor: PT. Tata Mulia Nusantara
- Building Height (metres + storeys): 57 m (15 storeys)
- Gross Floor Area (m2): 13700 sqm
- Site Area (m2): 1577 sqm
- Completion Year: 2015
Thursday, November 23rd, 2017
Article source: Mold Design Studio
The Rosewood Service apartments are designed keeping in mind the concept of a home away from home. The intent was to create a development with 44 all-in-one rooms, with all appropriate facilities including a self-sufficient pantry.
Image Courtesy © Mold Design Studio
Tuesday, November 21st, 2017
Article source: concrete
ROOMERS – DESIGNSTORY
Concrete is proud to open Hotel Roomers in Munich; a hotel designed to cater to curious travellers who enjoy the flair and lightness of contemporary design in a classic setting.
‘Seduction’, ‘surprise’, and ‘the unknown’ are the key words behind the design of the hotel. The warm golden glow of the vast Vegas-like light canopy outside and the neon logo attract attention and make them curious about the life that hides behind the diffuse sheer curtains along the facade.
Image Courtesy © Steve herud
- Architects: concrete
- Project: Roomers hotel
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Photography: Steve herud
- Software used: Vectorworks, sketch up
- Project team: Rob Wagemans, Tobias Koch, Nuria Ripoll, Kasia Heijerman, Marlou Spierts, Johanna Zychski, Maike Daemen, Mark Haenen, Hilka Ackermann, Ulrike Lehner, Sofie Ruytenberg, Zana Josipovic
- Total area: 12500 sqm (excl. BOH)
- Rooms: 281
- Lobby: 360 sqm
- Bar / Restaurant: 325 sqm
- Whiskey room: 92 sqm
- Meeting Rooms & Events: 470 sqm
- Duration Construction: 4 years
- Opening: October 2017
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
These guest rooms were designed as part of an annex to a membership resort hotel in Toba in Ise-Shima, where the 2016 G7 Summit was held. Arranged in an authentic Japanese style, the building is situated in a prime location overlooking the waters of Ise-Shima, with a traditional Japanese-style garden and a large pond that lends an impression of continuity to the sea. The interior was designed in a basic Japanese style that pursues new and modern expressions.
XIV Toba Bettei Guestroom-Type-S-01, Image Courtesy © Nacása & Partners Inc.
- Architects: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
- Project: Private Resort XIV Toba Bettei
- Location: 212-8, Azanie, Arashima, Toba City, Mie, Japan, 517-0021
- Photography: Nacása & Partners Inc.
- Software used: Autocad
- Interior design: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD, Takeshi NAKANO・Nobuko SUZUKI・Masami SAWAMURA
- Client: Resorttrust, Inc.
- Surface: 8,722.41㎡
- Completion date: 27/3/2016
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
Our ambition was to rethink the concept of a boutique hotel and tropical architecture for the 21st century. Embracing the lush climate, but drawing attention inward, the bulbous design comprises a stack of interlocking rings producing a continual, rhythmic cycle of entertainment and relaxation through terraces, roof gardens, and hotel amenities. The experience moves from communal, recreational spaces in the central enclosure to a collection of bespoke guest rooms along the upper reaches of the building.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: Hue Hotel
- Location: Boracay, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, Adobe CS, 3dS Max
Thursday, November 16th, 2017
Article source: Triptyque
The group of architects Triptyque, Duncan Lewis, Oxo and Parc with the Compagnie de Phalsbourg alongside Engie Avenue, Encoders & Company, Hertel Investissement win the “Le Coteau” site in Arcueil (France), as part as the public contest “Inventons la Métropole du Grand Paris”.
A new South gate for the Metropole du Grand Paris
The site “Le Coteau” is an exceptional location at the southern entrance of the metropolis. Overhanging the A6, Paris and its monuments, it benefits from metropolitan accessibility – A6, RER B, and in the near future, lines 14 and 15 of the Grand Paris Express – and is at the heart of important health and digital economy clusters.
Image Courtesy © Triptyque
- Architects: Triptyque (Duncan Lewis Scape Architecture, Parc Architectes, OXO Architectes)
- Project: Ecotone
- Location: Paris, France
- Landscaping: Atelier Georges
- Scientific Committee: the National Museum of Natural History, the CEEBIOS (center of excellence in biomimicry of Senlis), CIBI and Lab Crigen (Engie), Novobiom (clearance), Innoside, SAS Oxipio (start-up logistics), EPEA Paris (eco circ.), Les Bergers Urbaubs (urban agriculture.)
- Engineering / Acoustics: Elan (BET DD), Lamoureux Acoustics (BET Acoustics), Arcadis ESG (BET structure).
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: CRUZ Y ORTIZ ARCHITECTS
Since 1953 the Ambassade Hotel resides in Amsterdam, on the Herengracht and Singel, occupying an ensemble of 17th century canal houses. In the sequence of time the hotel implemented several improvements, always being faithful to the concept of an intimate and comfortable hotel: a place where guests feel at home.
Image Courtesy © Ronald Tilleman-Jose Manuel Alorda
- Architects: CRUZ Y ORTIZ ARCHITECTS
- Project: Hotel Ambassade
- Location: Herengracht 341. 1016 AZ, Amsterdam, Holland
- Photography: Ronald Tilleman-Jose Manuel Alorda
- Client: Ambassade Hotel
- Collaborators: Giordano Baly, Alicia López, Alex Etxeberria
- Contractors: Krämer Bouw, Gielissen Interiors
- Main building: Brasserie: 177,65 m2 – Public areas: 114,00 m2 – Bar: 74,07 m2
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
Being designed jointly by AB Concept, AFSO and CCD(Cheng Chung Design (HK)), GZ Conrad is doomed to be exceptional since the very beginning.
As the designer of the 309 guest rooms, CCD provides a good view of the river which takes in the thousand years’ prosperity of this city and the skyline which witnesses its international development. Moreover, using modern design technique of “merging feeling with scenery”, it “wakes up” the daily Lingnan which is buried deep in history… what the guestroom design of GZ Conrad tells is the humanity landscape of traditional Xiguan residences; it is to show respect to the history of this city.
Image Courtesy © CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Architects: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Project: GZ Conrad Hotel
- Location: No. 222, Xingmin Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China
- Area: Total gross floor area: 52,870.11㎡; indoor area: 38,480㎡
- Design Time: 2013
- Completion Time: 2017