Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: Kjellgren Kaminsky
The new hotel building – a complement to the acknowledged architect Gert Wingårdhs breakthrough project Öijared Country Club – conveys a sense of countryside where the vivid forest and its genuine materials are present trough wood, stone and dim colors. The project relates respectfully to the existing building, as well as to the surrounding nature and the hotel will quietly blend into the forest. The building materials are chosen with care and the façade strips are taken from the surrounding forest. In the hotel, visitors can experience the silence of the forest and its ability to absorb sound, as well as the enchanting effect of fire.
Image Courtesy © Kjellgren Kaminsky
- Architects: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Project: THE HOTEL IN-BETWEEN TREES
- Location: Öijared, Sweden
- Status: Under construction
- Client: Öijared Country Club
- Partners: Moelven
- Sustainable: Self-sufficient, local materials ….
- Programme: Hotel (2300 kvm)
- Site: Öijared
- Team: Fredrik Kjellgren, Joakim Kaminsky, Johan Brandström, Sanna Johnels, Mélia Parizel, Michael Tuuling, Sofia Wendel, Maria Syrén, Paco Pomares, Michael Tuuling, Maëlis Grenouillet, Claire McGinley, Gaby Andersson, Joti Weijers-Coghlan, Kay Chang
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: RSP Architects Planners & Engineers
The new Holiday Inn Express hotel projects a distinct, geometrical facade that is engaging, generating a new buzz in the vibrant Clarke Quay neighbourhood within the city centre. Completed in February 2014, within a site area of 11,555 m2, the design approach for this seven-storey hotel has been largely driven by the urban design requirements and technical conditions for the site. Its striking facade comprising of hotel room windows tilted and inclined at an angle, creates an identity of its own along Clemenceau Avenue.The design is firmly rooted in keeping the rooms shaded as much as possible from the direct and harsh afternoon sun as a large part of the Clemenceau Avenue elevation is west facing. The resultant facade is expressive, providing rooms across this elevation about 95% shade for more than half the year.
Image Courtesy © RSP Architects Planners & Engineers (Pte) Ltd
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: CHYBIK + KRISTOF
Located in the middle of the most crowded tourist center of Nha Trang, Vietnam, the hotel was designed to be a model of tropical city hotel to enjoy the seaside weather and healthy botanical environment of Nha Trang.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects: Trinhvieta-Architects
- Project: Hotel Golden Holiday
- Location: Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects Team: Naoya Sakamaki, Le Hoai Phuong
- MEP Design: Tran Cuong
- Structure Design: Trung Son JSC
- Lighting Conceptual Design: Nguyen Nhi Hoai Anh
- Construction Supervisor: Ta Xuan Loc
- Structure: RC frames with Hollow Bricks
- Site: 8.5m x 22m
- Floor area: 2000 sqm / 12 stories
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: RARE architecture
Porte 12 designers, award wining studio RARE architecture, conceived a precise and textured design interpretation of the sleek and exacting cuisine of chef Vincent Crepel’s new restaurant. Housed in a former sewing and lingerie workshop in Paris’s new culinary district, Porte 12 is a contemporary ode to craftsmanship and the refinement of manual labor through both the design and its young chef’s cuisine. Top ten of the best restaurants in the world, the chef/artist André Chiang of Restaurant ANDRE in Singapore, is the helping force behind the “bistronomique” adventure of his longtime protégé.
Image Courtesy © RARE architecture
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: Karolina Keyzer + Wingårdhs
The house with thousand eyes creates an illusion; like waves from a point in middle of the northern facade. The image appears from a distance. It makes the stiff block soft, even wet. The impression is formed by windows in three different sizes: 1.4, 1.7 and 2 meters in diameter. The variations furnish the standardized rooms with a kind of individuality, especially in corners.
Image Courtesy © Filip Mesko and Tord-Rickard Söderström
- Architects: Karolina Keyzer + Wingårdhs
- Project: Quality Hotel Friends
- Location: Råsta Strandväg 1, Solna, Sweden
- Photography: Filip Mesko and Tord-Rickard Söderström
- Interior: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB trough Gert Wingårdh and Lena Arthur
- Client: Arthur Buchardt
- Gross area: 21 935 m²
- Height: 91,5 m
- No. of storey’s: 26
- Rooms: 400
- Project start: 2011
- Completed: 2013
Saturday, October 4th, 2014
Article source: Lithos Design srl
Lithos Design is among the companies that the architects’ studio MAS has selected for the refurbishment and renovation project for the exteriors of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Bahrain.
The aim of the refurbishment was to extend the food & beverage area with an ensuing greater recreational offering for guests in the outdoor area, spanning 9,000 m2. To achieve the objective set by the customer, MAS architecture worked on the connection between the central part of the hotel and the beach, removing all physical obstacles and using architectural elements whose finishes were able to enhance the value of the atmosphere and the soft and relaxing colours of the new landscape.
Image Courtesy © Lithos Design srl
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Article source: Adam Sokol
The site of the Emperor Hotel, Qianmen was once occupied by a public bath and so the spirit of bathing and mystery will live on in the new hotel. The design is organized not by spaces and circulation but by emotions and dreams; not by materials and details but by illusions and memories.From the l’Occitane Spa below ground to Beijing’s largest hotel roof bar above, the Emperor will offer visitors and residents alike a new public space and a new experience of the historic city.
Image Courtesy © Jonathan Leijonhufvud
- Architects: Adam Sokol
- Project: The Emperor Qianmen Hotel
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Jonathan Leijonhufvud
- Designers: Li Ling, Daymond Robinson, Gregory Serweta, Nicole Halstead, Nicole Lee, Ana Misenas
- Collaborators: Smith + Anderson (lighting design), Dan Euser Waterarchitecture, Inc. (water features)
- Year: 2010-2013
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Remote Controlled Lighting
The Director DR8 MK2, RCL’s next generation remote controlled luminaire, features a compact design that is ideally suited to the ceiling troughs of the Grand Ballroom. Special snoots fitted to the luminaires help to reduce glare and direct the light. Both the DR7 and DR8 spotlights can be focused wireless using a simple handheld remote controller from floor level, bypassing the need for mechanical lifts or long ladders. This reduces set up time and avoids the costs and dangers typically associated with manual adjustment.
Image Courtesy © Remote Controlled Lighting
- Architects: Remote Controlled Lighting
- Project: Shangri-La in Sydney
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales
- Lighting Design: Lighting Planning Associates, AB Concept
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Article source: Orac Decor
IN HOTEL MAJESTIC IN BARCELONA 303 ROOMS HAVE BEEN RENOVATED IN 2012. DURING THE RENOVATION, NOT LESS THAN 36.000 METERS OF ARCHITECTURAL MOULDINGS OF ORAC DECOR® HAVE BEEN USED.
Image Courtesy © Orac Decor
- Architects: Orac Decor
- Project: Hotel Majestic
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: Alessandro Pepe
1930 CITY LODGE is a design hotel in the north of Porto city. It has 3 suite rooms and 2 dormitory rooms.Using the original structure of an old existing house, the hotel was designed by changing the interior walls. Plenty of Portuguese pine wood was applied on floor, stairs and furniture and we especially developed the detail of the stair handrail.
Image Courtesy © Attilio Fiumarella
- Architects: Ren Pepe Arquitetos
- Project: 1930 City Lodge
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Attilio Fiumarella
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Project type: Design hotel
- Collaborator: Yo Irie, Lara Arribas
- Constructor: Paulo Bessa (Paulo Bessa Lda.), Manuel Silva (Manuel Ferreira da Silva, Lda), Pedro Freitas (Serralharia civil de airo de Fernando Fernandes Barbosa Pereira e filhos Lda.)
- Real estate intermediation: Ricardo Gonçalves (Nova Ponte Lda.)