Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Article source: Kichi Architectural Design
This inn is located on Chichi-jima, which is part of the Ogasawara archipelago located in the Pacific Ocean approximately 1000 km south of Tokyo.
Image Courtesy © Ippei Shinzawa
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Article source: Coleman – Davis Pagán Arquitectos
A Hindu family, long – time Ocean Park residents, took on the task of constructing a thirteen (13) room guesthouse, oriented to the family and group traveling market.
Image Courtesy © Carlos Esteva
- Architects: Coleman – Davis Pagán Arquitectos
- Project: Dream Inn
- Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Photography: Carlos Esteva, José F. Vázquez
- Site area: 300 m2
- Building area: 129 m2
- Total floor area: 418 m2 (more…)
Tuesday, July 28th, 2015
Article source: AGC Design Ltd.
Ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel, a catchy, colourful icon strategically located in the bustling Sheung Wan, is only within minutes away from many of the transportation networks as well as Hong Kong Central’s business and shopping hub. The Hotel, housed with 550 modern, boldly simplistic guestrooms, a restaurant and a bar, boasts one of the first Asian flagships to showcase a brand new vibrant style, bringing in comfort, well-being and caring service.
The hotel exterior and outlook is eye-catching which stands out in Sheung Wan area where Hong Kong heritage prevails. The hotel exterior is set to be a new landmark and icon in the Sheung Wan district, an interesting streetscape to blend in both modernity and heritage of Hong Kong whilst enlivening Sheung Wan as an up-and-coming tourist area.
Tracing back the story in the 1920s Sheung Wan, the façade design reflects the historical streetscape of Hong Kong: the rectangular tenement houses in repetitive order, collage of huge advertising signage in multi-colours, forming a uniform but dynamic streetscape, A City of Mosaic.
The hotel exterior is set to be a new landmark and icon in the Sheung Wan district, an interesting streetscape to blend in both modernity and heritage of Hong Kong whilst enlivening Sheung Wan as an up-and-coming tourist area. It fully echoes with the Hotel being featured as one of Asian ibis flagships in terms of its hotel scale and benchmark of the hotel branding.
Image Courtesy © AGC Design Ltd.
- Architects: AGC Design Ltd.
- Project: Sheung Wan IBIS Hotel
- Location: Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
Article source: EMMA DONNERSBERG
Hotel Royal, located in the heart of Paris, next to the neighborhood of Saint Germain, has beed designed by Emma Donnersberg Interiors and Michel Amar.
Image Courtesy © E DONNERSBERG INTERIORS
Sunday, July 19th, 2015
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Element Suzhou Science and Technology Town opened its door to welcome international guests. This first Element hotel in Asia Pacific is well integrated into the green surrounding while maintaining its architectural presence.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Element Suzhou Science and Technology
- Location: Town Suzhou, China
- Project Design Director: Yu-chieh Chiang
- Client: Suzhou Science & Technology Town (SSTT)
- Gross floor area: 27,255 sq m
- Completion year: 2015
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: A+U Design Cosmopolitan
Award winning forest resort style spa residential architecture in China’s Hainan province. It’s sited by the Wan Quan River which residents can view the beautiful scenes of river. Design was centered round a tropical resort style hotel clubhouse. Apartment buildings were leveled from back to front and higher to lower level. Front was shops along street.
Image Courtesy © A+U Design Cosmopolitan
- Architects: A+U Design Cosmopolitan
- Project: Sea & Sky City
- Location: Hainan, China
- Software used: 3ds max and Photoshop
Friday, July 10th, 2015
Article source: BURO II & ARCHI+I
The site is located at the important junction of the A17/E403 motorway and the N36 regional road. The master plan calls for a highly-concentrated built-up site that serves as a clear motorway reference point for the nearby city of Roeselare, a dynamic economic area in the heart of West Flanders. The office zone comes to the fore as a prominent economic landmark for the city.
Image Courtesy © Klaas Verdru
- Architects: BURO II & ARCHI+I
- Project: Accent Business Park – Hotel and office building 
- Location: Kwadestraat [hoek A17-Rijksweg] in Roeselare, Belgium
- Photography: Klaas Verdru
- Client: De Steenoven nv Steenovendreef 1 B-8840 Staden, Accent Offices nv Doorniksewijk 103-105 B-8500 Kortrijk
- Team: Arch. Tom Vandorpe [project director], Arch. Dieter Haemers [design architect], Arch. Jo Baeke [project architect], Int. arch. Katty Ghekiere [interior architect], Int. arch. Ciska Delboo [interior architect]
- Gross floor area:
- Hotel: 4.550 m² with 88 rooms, including 8 long-stay rooms/suites, with 450 m² restaurant/bar/kitchen,with 600 m² conference facilities (conference rooms and auditorium)
- Office: 4.000 m² offices from 150 m²
- Fitness centre: 350 m²
- Basement on two levels: 150 car parking spaces, storage room and technical room (5.435 m²)
Thursday, July 9th, 2015
Article source: Dastin Hillery
Atelier Urbanus has again taken up a challenging assignment of a premium leisure hospitality development in an extreme topographical site condition in Ubud Bali, Indonesia, leading the role as lead architect, masterplanner, and landscape architect for the autograph boutique hotel of Marriott The Stone.
Image Courtesy © Dastin Hillery
- Architects: Dastin Hillery
- Project: The Stone Ubud
- Location: Ubud – Bali – Indonesia
- Client：Mahkota Propertindo
- Size：6.5 Ha
- Completion date : 2018
Wednesday, July 8th, 2015
Article source: Architects Soini&Horto Ltd
Hotel Indigo Boulevard is located in a historical boulevard in central Helsinki where the surrounding buildings have their origins from the the beginning of the 1800–‐1900s. The task was to transform the former office building into a modern hotel that would fit into the historical environment. The building went through an extensive renovation and only the concrete frame, built in the 60s, was preserved. The old pre–‐fabricated concrete façade was replaced with a new light construction wall. The boulevard facing façade was clad with multidimensional zinc plating. The façade with its new insulaton makes the building very energy–‐ saving, consequently the hotel has been LEED–‐ classified. Finnish design and local craftsmanship was used in hotel. The zinc façade was constructed by a 73–‐ year old local whitesmith Esko Kivi, who has been in the business for 50 years.
Image Courtesy © Anders Portman and Martin Sommerschield
- Architects: Architects Soini&Horto Ltd
- Project: Hotel Indigo Helsinki Boulevard
- Location:Helsinki, Finland
- Photography: Anders Portman and Martin Sommerschield
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Architects in charge: Sami Horto, Teemu Asikainen
- Interior designer: Markus Eskola
- Area: 7730 sqm
- Year: 2015
Wednesday, July 1st, 2015
Article source: Giuffrida – Bragadin
A successful partnership, the perfect combination that brings together ALIVAR exclusive furniture and the legendary Hard Rock Hotels and Cafes brand, all with the incredible island of Ibiza as the backdrop. In fact, ALIVAR has supplied part of the furnishings for the Presidential Suites and VIP rooms at the brand new Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the first European Hotel for the renowned Hard Rock hotel chain, in this amazing Spanish place. This is a five-star hotel that is the result of close collaboration between ALIVAR and a high-end Spanish hotel group that manages a large number of hotels around the world.