Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: EC-5
Tobaco Hotel is located in the centre of Łódź, among historic tenement houses and old factory buildings. The hotel is part of the historic factory building complex. Since 1895, Karol Kretschmer had operated a wool textile factory there. In 1932, the National Cigarette Factory opened on the former textile factory premises. Nowadays, the whole building complex has been modernised and adapted to housing and hotel purposes.
Image Courtesy © MichaÅ‚ Mazurowicz
- Architects: EC-5
- Project: Tobaco Hotel
- Location: Lodz, Poland
- Photography: MichaÅ‚ Mazurowicz
- Architecture Project Team: Luiza JodÅ‚owska, Martyna Nowak, Hanna Pietras, Piotr PÅ‚Ã³ciennik, Dorota SzafraÅ„ska
- Year: 2013
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: Rockwell Group
Morgans Hotel Group Co. (NASDAQ: MHGC) (“Morgans”) opens Ames in Boston, the latest addition to the company’s collection of Originals.
We are very pleased to be working with Normandy Real Estate Partners on the reinvention of this iconic building and to offer our guests a destination in Boston like no other. We took great pains to preserve the historic elements of the building while adding a spectacular, modern design creating a tension between the two and resulting in a truly special and original experience,” said Marc Gordon, President of Morgans Hotel Group. “Boston is a dynamic, cultural city, relevant both to our company and our guests.
Image Courtesy © Rockwell Group
- Architects: Rockwell Group
- Project: Ames Hotel
- Location: Boston, U.S.A
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: OMA
De Rotterdam is conceived as a vertical city: three interconnected mixed-use towers accommodating offices, apartments, a hotel, conference facilities, shops, restaurants, and cafes. The project began in 1997. Construction started at the end of 2009, with completion in 2013.
Image Courtesy © Michel van de Kar
- Architects: OMA
- Project: A mixed-use vertical city
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Michel van de Kar, Charlie Koolhaas, Ossip van Duivenbode, Philippe Ruault, OMA
- Status: Commission 1997, groundbreaking December 2009, completion November 2013
- Clients: De Rotterdam CV, The Hague (Joint venture MAB, The Hague, OVG, Rotterdam)
- Site: Former harbor waterfront between KPN tower and Cruise Terminal at Kop van Zuid
- Program: Total 162,000m2: offices 72,000m2; 240 apartments 34,5000m2; hotel (278 rooms), congress, restaurant 19,000m2; retail, F&B 1,000m2; leisure 4,500m2; parking (approx. 650 vehicles) 31,000m2
- Partners in charge: Rem Koolhaas, Reinier de Graaf, Ellen van Loon
- Associate in charge: Kees van Casteren Team 1997–2001 (50% SD): Christina Beaumont, Stefan Bendiks, Frans Blok, Robert Cheoff, Bert Karel Deuten, Sharon Goren, Juan Guardetti, Jens Holm, Alex de Jong, Adam Kurdahl, Carolien Ligtenberg, Anna Little, Nuno Rosado, Saskia Simon, Johan de Wachter, Barbara Wolff.
- Team 2007–08 (50% SD – building permit): Chantal Aquilina, Eva Dietrich, Anita Ernödi, Markus Frank, Jonah Gamblin, Clarisa Garcia-Fresco, Alex de Jong, Michel van de Kar, Christoph Michael, Elida Mosquera, Mauro Parravicini, Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli, Raphael Pulido, Louise Sullivan, Olaf Turck, Manuel Villanueva, with: Chun Chiu, Duncan Flemington, Evangelos Kotsioris, Sören Martinussen, Nobuki Ogasahara, Theo Petrides, Benoit Schelstraete, Ian Schopa, Kyo Stockhaus, Joao Viera Costa, Luca Vigliero, Jussi Vuori, Jean-Paul Willemse.
- Team 2009–13 (construction phase, interiors): Michel van de Kar (associate), Marlies Boterman, Christoph Michael, with: Katrien van Dijk, Nathalie Gozdziak, Sai Shu, Saskia Simon, Tomas Dirrix, Erik de Haan, Jue Qiu, Pal Trodahl.
- Interiors hotel (2013): Saskia Simon, Marina Cogliani, Clive Hennessey, Yasuhito Hirose, Arminas Sadzevicius.
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: Inkiostro Bianco
The Yard – a classy Milanese concept house with an international flavour and just as stone’s throw away from Duomo, Navigli and the Design District – today inaugurates a brand new area completely and skilfully interpreted by Inkiostro Bianco. Inkiostro Bianco specialises in the production of artistic and customizable wallpapers, created using the most advanced and sophisticated digital technologies.
Image Courtesy © sabine schweigert
- Architects: Inkiostro Bianco
- Project: Creative Flair Clothes The Yard Hotel
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: sabine schweigert
Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Article source: Blacksheep
Blacksheep, the award-winning international design agency, has unveiled its most recent project, the Qbic Hotel London City, which officially opened onthe 12th of November 2013.
Image Courtesy © Blacksheep
- Architects: Blacksheep
- Project: Qbic Hotel
- Location: LONDON, England
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Article source: Foster + Partners
Bund Finance Centre (BFC) is a prominent new mixed-use destination in Shanghai designed jointly by Foster + Partners and Heatherwick Studio. The 420,000-square-metre development of eight buildings includes two 180-metre landmark towers, and combines premium ‘grade A’ offices with a boutique hotel, an arts and cultural centre and a wide variety of luxury retail spaces, all arranged around a generous landscaped public plaza.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Article source: Zyman&Zyman
Zyman&Zyman finishes ahead of three US firms and one Mexican firm to win invitational competition to design the Hotel Royalton Riviera Cancun of the Blue Diamond Group.
This hotel will involve an estimated investment of US$190 million, a constructed area of 130,000 m2, and more than 1,250 rooms in ten towers with a maximum of four stories each. Building work will begin at the end of this year, and is expected to take 13 months.
Image Courtesy © Zyman&Zyman
- Architects: Zyman&Zyman
- Project: HOTEL ROYALTON RIVIERA CANCÚN
- Location: Cancun, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Date: 2013_ design
- Plotsize 425,547.56 m2
- Total constructed area: 132,460.82 m2
- Communal areas: 4,445.68 m2
- Outdoor unroofed areas (plazas, roadways, gardens): 43,322.38 m2
- Swimming pools: 8,369.48 m2
- Open area: 382,805.73 m2
- Hotel rooms: 1226 rooms (between 47 m2 and 268 m2)
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Article source: Plan 9 Architecture
Renovation project of an old office building to a boutique hotel in Old City of Istanbul…
Image Courtesy © Plan 9 Architecture
- Architects: Plan 9 Architecture (Murat Ersahin)
- Project: Hotel Akman
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Software used: Autocad, 3ds Max and Photoshop
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Article source: Engelman Architecten
Originally built around 1850, the Arresthuis prison building underwent various renovations and expansions until the end of the 20th century. This monumental former prison complex extends over almost an entire city block in the historic centre of Roermond. When the prison facilities moved away from the historic complex and left the city centre of Roermond, the buildings were left unoccupied.
Image Courtesy © Engelman Architecten
Gross floor surface
- Hotel: 4570 m2
- Apartments: 3696 m2
- Car park: 1226 m2
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
Article source: BWM Architekten und Partner
A hotel is a hotel is a hotel just for tourists. Wrong! The new 25hours Hotel, located near Vienna’s MuseumsQuartier, is by no means just a pretentious structure offering accommodation for a well-heeled foreign clientele. Since opening its doors in early 2013, this centrally located hotel has become a popular spot for all – especially for the locals, who appreciate the pizzeria, the Viennese “Schanigarten” with a special burger grill, and a cool rooftop café with a terrace.
Image Courtesy © Rupert Steiner
- Architects: BWM Architekten und Partner
- Project: 25hours Hotel
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Rupert Steiner, Christoph Panzer
- Client: JP Immobilien
- Construction management: 25hours Hotel Company
- General manager: Fanny Holzer-Luschnig
- Interior design: dreimeta, Augsburg
- Illustrations: Olaf Hajek, Berlin
- Hotel data: 219 rooms, 35 suites with kitchenette, Rooftop bar, Seminar rooms with terrace, Wellness area and spa facilities
- Gross floor area: 12,900 square meters
- Start of construction: January 2009
- Opening: March 2011 (25hours suites & rooftop bar), April 2013 (25hours Hotel, restaurant & seminar rooms)
- Project team: Client: LF 1-3 Betriebs GmbH
- Project controlling: c-performance Baumanagement
- General planning: BWM Architekten
- Statics: Aste Weissteiner ZT GmbH
- Building services: PME Technisches Büro
- Construction physics: Raab-Engeneering GmbH
- Construction supervision: BWM, Bubel Eichhorn, Pawlik Consulting GmbH