Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Article source: Arquitectonica
American International Group and the Seoul Metropolitan Government were partners in the development of this 507,075m2 / 5,458,153sf mixed-use project in which Arquitectonica designed the master plan, the architecture and portions of the interiors. The complex became a new hub for the financial, securities and insurance companies concentrated in Seoul. It features three international A-grade commercial office towers, a five-star hotel, three-level luxury retail mall, megaplex cinema complex, fine dining and drinking establishments and significant new outdoor public spaces. The site is located at the center of Yeouido Island, and will serve as a major pedestrian link between the subway station and Riverside and Yeouido Plaza Park.
Image Courtesy © Arquitectonica
- Architects: Arquitectonica
- Project: International Finance Center
- Location: Seoul, Korea
Thursday, April 16th, 2015
Article source: Goettsch Partners
Goettsch Partners (GP) is pleased to announce that construction has commenced on the 445m tall mixed-use Nanning Resources Center Tower. Located in Nanning, capital of the Guangxi Province, the project is sited along Minzu Avenue at the heart of the burgeoning Fengling District. The 255,000 square meter tower is linked to public transportation through underground connections at the B1 level, and to adjacent buildings via indoor and outdoor pedestrian corridors at the ground and sixth floors respectively. Upon completion, the NRC Tower will be the tallest building in Nanning.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners
- Architects: Goettsch Partners
- Project: Nanning China Resources Center Tower
- Location: Nanning, China
Wednesday, April 8th, 2015
Article source: SPARCH SAKELLARIDOU/PAPANIKOLAOU ARCHITECTS
The goal is to transform the site into a hospitality experience, the feeling of space and program into the art of experience, the actions into a viable and flexible development program.
The border: The listed buildings demarcate the central outdoor space with their shape, they accumulate the cultural activities, touristic infrastructure, hospitality, relaxation and entertainment programs (Interactive Museum, Agri-tourism, Baths, Accommodation). The enhancement of uses with reversible constructions of (container) type in a discreet relationship with the listed buildings reinforces the concept of limit and functions as a transitional element from and to the central area (Central Square), into the diffusion area (Natural Element).
General Νight View, Image Courtesy © sparch Sakellaridou/ Papanikolaou Architects & Ch. Marathovouniotis
- Architects: SPARCH SAKELLARIDOU/PAPANIKOLAOU ARCHITECTS
- Project: Germanina Agriculture Farm
- Location: Cyprus
- Architectural design: Rena Sakellaridou, Morpho Papanikolaou (Sparch Architechts) and Christos Marathovouniotis
- Collaborators: N. Apergis, I. Kloni, E. Papaevangelou, V. Arvanitis, V. Yiannakis, M. Chatziioannidou (Phase A), Papaevangelou, G. Papanikolaou (Phase B)
- Students of architecture: G. Kontominas, I. Tatli, S. Stylidis (Phase B)
- Consultans: P. Kinato s, I. Pagonis, K. Polychronopoulos (Civil Engineers), I. Papagrigorakis (Mechanical Engineer), A. Tabathani (Electrical Engineer), A. Agisilaos (Surveyor Engineer), S. Barbarian (Landscape Architect)
- 2nd PRIZE, International Architectural Competition in two Phases, 2011 & 2013
Tuesday, April 7th, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
The Deir Al Kalaa Country Club is located in historic BeitMeri, an area in the mountains of Lebanon long associated with leisure from the time of Romans. Situated on the mountainside leading up to BeitMeri, the site is a sloping terrain with stupendous views of the valley below and at some points the city of Beirut. The country club approached us to request an expansion of the existing building to accommodate a hotel, dedicated spa, and additional pool.
Image Courtesy © SOMA
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: Deir Al Kalaa Hotel
- Location: BeitMeri, Lebanon
Tuesday, March 31st, 2015
Article source: Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
Cuisine: The cuisine will represent a wholly American palate with its roots firmly planted in upstate New York – multicultural , flavorful, simple, elegant, at times impromptu, seasonal, local, international. Inspiration will be drawn from all facets of the culinary team’s broad spectrum of experiences and tastes, with an emphasis on open fire roasting/cooking utilizing the two custom handcrafted wood burning fireplaces, one located in the main dining room and the other in the bar/lounge area.
Image Courtesy © NickWoodPhoto/Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Architects: Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Project: Fish & Game
- Location: 13 South 3rd Street. Hudson, NY 12534, USA
- Photography: NickWoodPhoto/Michael Davis Architects + Interiors
- Project Architect: Ronald J. Nemec
- Chefs/Owners: Zakary Pelaccio
- Partner: Patrick Milling Smith, producer & founding partner of Smuggler, a Film, TV, Commercial and Music Video production company representing a roster of award winning directors
- Distinctions: Nominated for Outstanding Restaurant Design Award, 2015
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: Hi-Tech CADD Services
The structural drawings was missing in the file. We made a structure model on the basis of assumption from the architectural drawings provided by the client. Later the client provided us with a hand sketch which was 90% accurate to what we had assumed. The quality of engineers in Hi-Tech are beyond any challenge.
Image Courtesy © Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Architects: Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Project: BIM Modeling for Carnel Valley Inn Hotel
- Location: California, USA
- Software Used: Revit, Navisworks
Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Article source: Zürcher Architects
During our walks through the site we encountered several archeological pre-Columbian pieces made out of lava, rock and clay. We realized that the local humble flora and fauna of the region inspired our ancestors. They were not about jaguars and eagles, for the contrary, they were inspired by the little cocoons, thorns and seeds. From there, we explored similar sources of inspiration to create the arts and crafts. With that in mind, we created the architectural concept for the project.
Image Courtesy © Andrés García Lachner
- Architects: Zürcher Architects
- Project: Andaz Hotel
- Location: Papagayo Penninsula, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- Photography: Andrés García Lachner
- Architect In Charge: Hazel Chang, Ronald Zürcher
- Project Team: Zürcher Architects, Das Design, Circuito S.A, Termoaire, Integra, Edificar, Sinergo
- Area: 22,000 m2
- Year: 2013
Saturday, March 14th, 2015
Article source: STUDIO MARCO PIVA
Sober elegance, natural materials and inviting spaces set the tone at the new four star Move Hotel at Mogliano Veneto.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO MARCO PIVA
- Architects: STUDIO MARCO PIVA
- Project: MOVE HOTEL
- Location: MOGLIANO VENETO, TREVISO, ITALY
- Architectural Project: DHK ARCHITECTS
- Interior Design Project: STUDIO MARCO PIVA
- Restaurant & Bar: BAM design
- Interior Design Restaurant and Bar: Studio Bam Design
- End of construction: 2011
Saturday, March 14th, 2015
Article source: Muro Rojo Arquitectura
The B¨O Hotel suggests a new and fresh perspective of San Cristobal de las Casas. It is a proposal with an identity of its own, a revision of what hospitality should be, in which the design shapes the whole space integrating in a same gesture the concept of a house and a hotel within one single experience. B¨O is a place which inscribes the premises that have guided the work of Muro Rojo Arquitectura: How our own life gives meaning to a place and how design transforms our perception of the world?
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: Muro Rojo Arquitectura
- Project: Hotel B¨O
- Location: Av. 5 de Mayo 38, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, México
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- Software used: Autocad and Rhino
- Project Managers: Arq. Elizabeth Gómez Coello, Arq. Jorge Medina Robles,Arq. Germán Velasco Espinosa
- Project Collaborators: Arq. Mario Alberto Baez, A.I. Angelique Bidet, A.I. Alberto Burgaleta, A.I. Fernanda Esquivel
- Client: Carlos Gutiérrez Hernández, Fernando Gutiérrez Hernández
- Contractor: Facto Arquitectura
- Year: 2010-2012
Saturday, March 14th, 2015
Article source: Studio Puisto Architects Ltd.
Dream hotel is designed as an upscale extension to the popular Dream Hostel. The hostel opened its doors in 2010 and is located in an old industrial building in the center of the city and in close proximity of the Tampere concert hall. To serve the needs of customers looking for an aordable double or twin room, Dream Hostel decided to extend the premises with an extra floor.
Image Courtesy © Marc Goodwin
- Architects: Studio Puisto Architects Ltd.
- Project: Dream Hotel
- Location: Tampere, Finland
- Photography: Marc Goodwin, Patrik Rastenberger
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Interior design: Studio Puisto Architects
- Program: 20-room boutique hotel to an old industrial brick building in the center of Tampere.
- Construction: Cajamäki Oy
- Year: Design 2013-2014, construction 04/2014 – 08/2014