Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Monday, April 7th, 2014
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
Efforts to align water and land underpin all aspects of the design of Constance, Germany’s Hotel Riva, from its logo to its architecture. SEFAR® Architecture’s TENARA® Fabric ensures that the hotel remains consistent in its theme — all the way up to its shading canopies.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: TENARA® Fabric Canopy
- Location: Germany
Friday, April 4th, 2014
Article source: Rottet Studio
The James Royal Palm is the brand’s first hotel in Florida. The James brand is synonymous with the seamless blend of modern, residentially styled spaces and guest-centric service. Located on Collins Avenue in South Beach, just steps away from Ocean Boulevard and the crystal blue ocean, the hotel provides guests with a location immersed in luxury retail, endless entertainment and tropical serenity.
Image Courtesy © Rottet Studio
- Architects: Rottet Studio
- Project: The James Royal Palm
- Location: Florida, U.S.A
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Melco Crown Entertainment, a developer and owner of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Asia, has unveiled the project details and design of the fifth hotel tower at City of Dreams, the company’s flagship property in Cotai, Macau.
North Elevation, Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: City of Dreams Hotel Tower
- Location: Cotai, Macau
- Project Directors: Viviana Muscettola, Michele Pasca di, Magliano
- Facade Director: Paolo Matteuzzi
- Status: Under Construction
- Project Architects: Maria Loreto Flores, Clara Martins, Michele Salvi
- Project Team: Pierandrea Angius, Luis Miguel Samanez, Massimo Napoleoni, Bianca Cheung, Miron Mutyaba, Milind Khade, Stefano Lacopini Davide, Del Giudice Luciano, Letteriello Cyril Manyara, Alvin Triestanto, Muhammed Shameel, Goswin Rothenthal, Santiago Fernandez-Achury
- Concept Team: Viviana Muscettola, Tiago Correia, Clara Martins, Loreto Flores, Victor Orive, Danilo Arsic, Ines Fontoura Fabiano Costinanza, Rafael Gonzalez, Muhammed Shameel
- Local Architect: CAA, Macau
- Structural Engineering: Buro Happold, London/Hong Kong
- Facade Engineering: Buro Happold, Hong Kong
- Interior Designer: Remedios Studio, Long Beach CA
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: LAB Architecture Studio
This competition winning design proposal for a new city government office complex in Xitaihu New Town incorporates a 5 star hotel with full conference and meeting capability together with a range of restaurant and support facilities. The dynamic shape provides a unique, sculptural form as one approaches the building. Located on a corner site, the faceted planes of the building shift their formal relationships when seen from different vantage points. The “rock crystal” is purposely asymmetrical in its formal massing, with faceted planes bevelled to differing orientations.
Image Courtesy © John Gollings
- Architects: LAB Architecture Studio with SIADR
- Project: West Taihu International Business Plaza
- Location: Jiangsu Province, China
- Photography: John Gollings, Ryuji Miya, Borong Chen
- Client: Council of Jiangsu Wujin District Economic Development Zone
- Site area: 12,249m2
- Gross floor area: 27,295m2
- Type: government office building + hotel
- Project Leader: Donald Bates, Andy Wang
- Design Architect: Peter Davidson
- Design Team: Dean Boothroyd, Farshad Mehdizad, Oliver Hunt, Sam Kashuk, Eugyeene Teh, Tim, Fowler, Chris Chan, Kourosh Akbarza, Wynne Lim, Irene Yang, Hiker Gong, Shayne Lacy, Nick Cao, Lai Chin, Ada Ou, Ken Huang, Hummer Zheng, Nicolas Pratt, Liu Enfang (SIADR), Xiahan Kangkai (SIADR)
- Documentation: SIADR
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
In 1967, a small hotel, Hotel Castell dels Hams, was established on the island of Majorca amid the Mediterranean vegetation. Over time, and through subtle improvements and extensions, it has become one of the most distinctive hotels on the eastern part of the island.
Image Courtesy © Laura Torres Roa and Antonio Benito Amengual
- Architects: A2arquitectos (Cristian Santandreu And Juan Manzanares)
- Project: Pool and spa area for an Hotel
- Location: Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: Laura Torres Roa and Antonio Benito Amengual
- Client/investor: Hotel Castell dels Hams. (www.hotelcastelldelshams.com)
- Date of completion: 2011.
- Building size: 690 square meters.
- Builder: Promotora los Rosalitos S.L.
- Structure: Melchor Mascaró.
- Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning: Totelsa climatización y maquinaria de hostelería.
- Materials provider: Santandreu Sureda Materiales de construcción.
- Collaborators: Rut Prieto Martínez.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: DesignAgency
The newest destination in Generator’s expanding portfolio, Generator Venice aims to change Venice’s staid hotel and nightlife scene. The hostel occupies an 1855 Palazzo originally built as a granary warehouse, converted in the 1950s into Venice’s only hostel. On the waterfront of the quiet, residential island of Giudecca, Generator is a one-stop vaporetto (water bus) ride from Venice’s main hub of San Marco’s Square. Each of the modern rooms – from the private suites to the dormitories – have panoramic views of neighbouring gardens, across to the Lido, the Grand Canal, or to San Marco and the Doges Palace.
The hostel occupies an 1855 Palazzo originally built as a granary warehouse, converted in the 1950’s into Venice’s only hostel. The Fine Arts Committee and Venetian planning laws meant no changes to the frontage, Image Courtesy © Jamie Smith
- Architects: DesignAgency
- Project: GENERATOR VENICE
- Location: Fondamenta Zitelle, 86, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
- Photography: Jamie Smith and Nikolas Koenig
- Size: 26,000 sq feet and 241 beds
- Completion: September, 2013
- Owner: Generator / Patron Capital
- Local Project Architect: Progetto CMR, Milan, Italy
- Project Management: EC Harris, Milan, Italy
- Room Rates: Starting at €23 for a dorm bed
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Article source: Lazzarini Pickering Architetti
This project for a hotel in Sofia revolves around the contemporary reconstruction of a historical building. The hotel is situated in Tsar Osvoboditel Boulevard, one of the city’s most prestigious streets. As with all of Lazzarini Pickering’s work, the project creates an attentive dialogue with the site, despite its innovative form.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Piazza
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: Andersson-Wise Architects
Austin’s W Hotel and Residences complex is a new centerpiece for the city, occupying a prime location in the skyline framing Austin City Hall and Lady Bird Lake. Andersson-Wise Architects, of Austin, designed the building to make the most of the city’s natural environment, capturing prevailing breezes and controlling the intense sunlight to create a protectedyet open experience.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Pogue
- Architects: Andersson-Wise Architects
- Project: W AUSTIN HOTEL + RESIDENCES with AUSTIN CITY LIMITS LIVE AT THE MOODY THEATER
- Location: Austin, Texas, U.S.A
- Photography: Andrew Pogue, Art Gray, Jonathan Jackson, Tom McConnell
- Software used: Vectorworks.
- Design Team: Arthur Andersson, Chris Wise, Catherine Craig, Leland Ulmer, Christopher Sanders, Laura McQuary, Robin Bagley Logan
- Architect of record: BOKA Powell – Dallas, TX Emily Hoffman
- General contractor: Austin Building Company – Austin, TX, Kasey Delz
- Other key contractors: Custom Sheet Metal: A. Zahner & Co., Curtain Wall + Glazing: Wincon Millwork: AMI
- Structural Engineer: Thornton Tomasetti
- Mep engineer: JJA, Inc.
- Landscape architect: Talley Associates – Dallas, TX
- Lighting consultant: Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design
- Sustainable design: Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems
- Theater consultant: Theatre Consultants Collaborative
- Venue interiors: Rios Clementi Hale Studios
- Square footage: 1 million square feet
- Site acreage: 1.8 acres
- Building materials: cement composite panels (Swiss Pearl), aluminum + glass curtain wall system, metal plate wall panels
- LEED rating: SILVER
- Sustainable features: urban site, orientation to sun and prevailing breezes, utilizes City of, Austin chilled water system, high recycled content materials, low VOC, materials, high-performance glazing.
- Floors: 37 story tower, 10 floors hotel, 21 floors residences, 3 floors podium 4 floors mechanical
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: JSa Arquitectura
The complex has 102 apartments, of about 2,700-2,960 sq ft (duplex and simplex), in four towers, with different distribution layouts with a total area of 305,360 sq ft.
Inside the complex there are two swim clubs with three pools each, one pool for free swim, one for training, and one for kids. Each of these clubs has a multi-use room, with both, covered and open-air areas covering about 52,300 sq ft.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: JSa Arquitectura
- Project: PUNTA IXTAPA
- Location: Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo, JSa Arquitectura
- Project Date: 2013
- Type of projects: Resort
- Design Team: JSª / Javier Sanchez, Francisco Martinez, Jorge Bracho,, Othon Reynoso, David Herrera, Sofia Villareal, Savlan Hauser.
- Interior Design: Larissa Kadner, Raúl martínez
- Number of units: 102 apartments
- Average surface area: 94 units between 265 m2 and 270 m2, and 8 units of 460 m2
- Área total construida, Total surface area: 538,195 sq ft
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: Keir Townsend
Interior Design Studio, Keir Townsend provides a full scope of services from concept design and branding through to design implementation.
Though relatively new as an interior design partnership, Irina Townsend and Alastair Keir have already amassed a prestigious portfolio of residential and commercial work including the highly-acclaimed Novikov Restaurant and Bar in London’s Mayfair.
Image Courtesy © Keir Townsend
- Architects: Keir Townsend
- Project: Bramham Gardens
- Location: Kensington, London