Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Saturday, October 4th, 2014
Article source: Lithos Design srl
Lithos Design is among the companies that the architects’ studio MAS has selected for the refurbishment and renovation project for the exteriors of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Bahrain.
The aim of the refurbishment was to extend the food & beverage area with an ensuing greater recreational offering for guests in the outdoor area, spanning 9,000 m2. To achieve the objective set by the customer, MAS architecture worked on the connection between the central part of the hotel and the beach, removing all physical obstacles and using architectural elements whose finishes were able to enhance the value of the atmosphere and the soft and relaxing colours of the new landscape.
Image Courtesy © Lithos Design srl
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Article source: Adam Sokol
The site of the Emperor Hotel, Qianmen was once occupied by a public bath and so the spirit of bathing and mystery will live on in the new hotel. The design is organized not by spaces and circulation but by emotions and dreams; not by materials and details but by illusions and memories.From the l’Occitane Spa below ground to Beijing’s largest hotel roof bar above, the Emperor will offer visitors and residents alike a new public space and a new experience of the historic city.
Image Courtesy © Jonathan Leijonhufvud
- Architects: Adam Sokol
- Project: The Emperor Qianmen Hotel
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Jonathan Leijonhufvud
- Designers: Li Ling, Daymond Robinson, Gregory Serweta, Nicole Halstead, Nicole Lee, Ana Misenas
- Collaborators: Smith + Anderson (lighting design), Dan Euser Waterarchitecture, Inc. (water features)
- Year: 2010-2013
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Remote Controlled Lighting
The Director DR8 MK2, RCL’s next generation remote controlled luminaire, features a compact design that is ideally suited to the ceiling troughs of the Grand Ballroom. Special snoots fitted to the luminaires help to reduce glare and direct the light. Both the DR7 and DR8 spotlights can be focused wireless using a simple handheld remote controller from floor level, bypassing the need for mechanical lifts or long ladders. This reduces set up time and avoids the costs and dangers typically associated with manual adjustment.
Image Courtesy © Remote Controlled Lighting
- Architects: Remote Controlled Lighting
- Project: Shangri-La in Sydney
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales
- Lighting Design: Lighting Planning Associates, AB Concept
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Article source: Orac Decor
IN HOTEL MAJESTIC IN BARCELONA 303 ROOMS HAVE BEEN RENOVATED IN 2012. DURING THE RENOVATION, NOT LESS THAN 36.000 METERS OF ARCHITECTURAL MOULDINGS OF ORAC DECOR® HAVE BEEN USED.
Image Courtesy © Orac Decor
- Architects: Orac Decor
- Project: Hotel Majestic
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: Alessandro Pepe
1930 CITY LODGE is a design hotel in the north of Porto city. It has 3 suite rooms and 2 dormitory rooms.Using the original structure of an old existing house, the hotel was designed by changing the interior walls. Plenty of Portuguese pine wood was applied on floor, stairs and furniture and we especially developed the detail of the stair handrail.
Image Courtesy © Attilio Fiumarella
- Architects: Ren Pepe Arquitetos
- Project: 1930 City Lodge
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Attilio Fiumarella
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Project type: Design hotel
- Collaborator: Yo Irie, Lara Arribas
- Constructor: Paulo Bessa (Paulo Bessa Lda.), Manuel Silva (Manuel Ferreira da Silva, Lda), Pedro Freitas (Serralharia civil de airo de Fernando Fernandes Barbosa Pereira e filhos Lda.)
- Real estate intermediation: Ricardo Gonçalves (Nova Ponte Lda.)
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Article source: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
In their design for Le Meridien hotel, Shanghai-based firm Neri&Hu envisions a new landmark for Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan province. Henan, once the ancient political, economic and cultural center of China and home to many Emperors, today welcomes the international traveler. To showcase Henan’s history through its Arts (of Literature, Nature, Food, Theater, and Pattern) the architects conceived of the building as an “archive” of new and old artifacts that becomes a point of discovery for residents and travelers alike.
Image Courtesy © Pegenaute
- Architects: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
- Project: Le Meridien Zhengzhou
- Location: Zhengzhou, China
- Photography: Pegenaute
- Project Type: Hospitality – Hotel Tower
- Completion Date: November 2013
- Design Period: September 2009 – November 2013
- Gross square footage: 43,000sqm
- Exterior Program: 25 storey tower structure and cladding
- Owner / Developer / Investor (Please provide all if not one company): Central China
Contractors / Consultants:
- Curtain wall contractor: Beijing Jianghe Curtain Wall Co Ltd
- Local Design Institute: South Architectural Design Institute
- Curtain wall consultant: Axis Facades, Kaiteng Curtain Wall Design Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Landscape contractor: Guangzhou Landscape Contruction Co.
- Lighting consultant: LEOX Lighting Co.
- Design Team: Lyndon Neri & Rossana Hu (principals-in-charge), Alex Mok (associate), Lina Hsieh Lee (senior architectural designer), Louise Ma (interior designer), Christina Luk (senior project manager) Dirk Weiblen, Wang Xiang, Windy Zhang, Victor Ung.
Saturday, August 9th, 2014
Article source: Anagram Architects
About: Located on a strictly linear plot, facing the scenic hills of West Bengal, the project was intended as a sustainable development, albeit retaining a sense of modernity in its overall form work.
Evolving from a basic rectangular massing segregated as public, semipublic and private spaces, the East- West orientation helped maximise daylight intake from the North Side, and an overall louvered, bamboo-based skin lends a vernacular feel to the consolidated mass.
Image Courtesy © Anagram Architects
- Architects: Anagram Architects
- Project: Hotel at Siliguri
- Location: Siliguri, India
- Client: Mr. Manu Khurana
- Typology: Hospitality
- Scope: Architecture, Interiors, Landscape
- Status: Concept
- Size: 13990 sq.ft.
- Design Team: Madhav Raman, Vaibhav Dimri, Somya Chaturvedi, Khyati Kohli, Khushboo.
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Article source: IŞIL GÜNAK TASARIM
This boutique hotel is around one of the best seaside places in Bodrum, Turkey.
Image Courtesy © Volkan Çalışır & Volga Yildiz
- Architects: IŞIL GÜNAK TASARIM
- Project: flamm HOTEL
- Location: Bodrum, Turkey
- Photography: Volga Yildiz & Volkan Çalışır
Thursday, July 10th, 2014
Article source: schmidt hammer lassen architects
The luxurious Comwell Kellers Park Hotel & Spa is located in the surroundings of Kellers Park with wooded slopes and a view of Vejle Fjord. The existing turn-of-the-century hospital building is renovated and extended with two spatious glass-clad wings floating into the beautiful landscape.
Image Courtesy © schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Architects: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Project: The luxurious Comwell Kellers Park Hotel & Spa
- Client: Kellers Park Hotelbyg P/S
- Area: 3,200 m² new build, 10,500 m² refurbishment
- Construction sum: € 27 million excl. VAT
- On commission: 2005
- Status: Construction period 2006 – 2007
- Engineer: COWI A/S
- Contractor: NCC Construction Danmark A/S
- Landscape Architect: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Interior design: shldesign
- Other architects: To B Design
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: Provencher_Roy
Provencher_Roy Architectes has signed its name to the restoration and expansion of the Ritz-Carlton Montreal, one of the architectural heritage gems in Quebec’s largest city.
“The project involved a major contemporary updating of a heritage building,” noted Claude Provencher, senior partner in Provencher_Roy. “It was quite a challenge to provide the hundred-year-old hotel with a new face without altering its personality. And today, we are proud that we were able to help return the ‘Great Lady’ to its former glory and ensure that it will be with us for many years to come.”
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Groleau
- Architects: Provencher_Roy
- Project: Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Groleau, Alexandre Parent
- HEAD OF THE PROJET: Claude Provencher, Architect, Senior partner and co-founder, Martin Vincent,Architect, Project manager
- DESIGN TEAM: ClaudeProvencher Architect, Senior partner and co-founder, EugenioCarelli, Architect, Partner, Jean-Luc Rémy, Architect, Marius Bouchard, Architect, Martin Vincent, Architect
- Project Management: Coprim
- Contractor: Pomerleau
- Inrerior Design / Hotel and rooms: Buz Design
- Inrerior Design / Residences: Pati Xenos Design(PXDI)
- PROJECT SURFACE AREA: 43 000 m2, included 12 500 m2 ofexpansion
- PROJECT FINALISATION DATE: 2013