Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten has been named the winner of the invited competition for Volt Berlin, a new concept for a location for shopping and urban experience near Berlin’s Alexanderplatz. The experience cluster is a fusion concept combining a multi-brand store, various experiential offerings, events, and a hotel, and is directed towards adventurous visitors with a focus on a smart urban lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner, Architekten
- Project: VOLT Berlin
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino, Maya.
- Competition Team: Christoph Emenlauer, Simon Kassner, Bart van den Hoven, Mehrdad Mashaie, Mael Kang, Paul Angelier, Julien Sarale
- Client: TKN Real Estate Solutions AG in cooperationwith Jochen Schweizer Projects AG
- Fire Security Consultant: KLW Ingenieure GmbH
- Structural Engineer: Knippers Helbig GmbH
- Building Service Engineer: Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH
- CostPlanning: Jablonka Sieber Partner Architekten
- Engineering Consultant, Escalatorsand Elevators: Lüsebrink Ingenieure VBI
- Total Floor Area: approx. 29.500 m2
- Retail Space: approx. 13.000 m2
- Gastronomy: approx. 2.000 m2
- Hotel: approx. 7.500 m2
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Alonso y Balaguer
The building of Heribert Salas’ (1926 – 2011) house in Via Laietana 49, Barcelona in 1926 could never be considered a finished project and the clash of what was then considered a modern building within the weave of Ciutat Vella left wounds that have taken over 80
years to heal.
Image Courtesy © Josep Mª Molinos / Marco Pastori
- Architects: Alonso y Balaguer
- Project: HOTEL OHLA *****
- Location: Via Laietana nº49, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Josep Mª Molinos / Marco Pastori
- Project Manager: Daniel Isern
- Developer: Cent Claus, S.L.
- Work involved: Basic project, executive project and site management
- Completion time: 2008-2011
- Surface area: 6,400 m2
- Constructor: Lluis Pares, S.L.
- Quantity Surveyors: Tecnics G3, S.L. (Manoli Vila, Javier Chávez, Victor Forteza)
- Structural Engineering: NOLAC
- Installation Engineering: PGI
- Sculptural work on façade: Frederic Amat
- Illumination: Artec3 Lighting Design
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014
Article source: enigmaglas ltd
You can realize your most extreme dreams in space creation with implementing uniquely designed glass surfaces made with enigmaglas technology.
The airy, rustic, illuminating, even 3D glass walls and wall covers reevaluate the feel of existing buildings and interiors. The wide spectrum of glass surfaces used in interior design is manufactured by enigmaglas Ltd.
Image Courtesy © enigmaglas ltd
- Architects: enigmaglas ltd (szandra szentgyörgyi)
- Project: Buddha bar hotel
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Article source: Tekla
This model was done as a course project at Aalto University School of Engineering. The students were taught how to use a building information model, and the model was used for demonstration.
The hotel is six storeys high with an impressive, almost 20 meter long ledge. The foundation and frame structure were modeled with Tekla Structures.
- Designer and Student: Jesse Pulli
- Project: Hotel Katajanokka
- Location: Aalto University, Finland
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Article source: Techne Architects
The Prahran Hotel is a substantial two storey corner pub with a striking streamlined art deco facade. The rear of the venue had a poorly proportioned, internalised single storey extension and the clients brief for the project called to demolish and replace it with a dramatic double height space with a central courtyard.
Image Courtesy © Peter Clarke Photography
- Architects: Techne Architects
- Project: Prahran Hotel
- Location: 82 High Street, Windsor VIC 3181
- Photography: Peter Clarke Photography
- Project completion date: May 2013
- Project type: Hospitality (Pub)
- Project address: 82 High Street, Windsor VIC 3181
- Owner’s/Client name: Sand Hill Road
- Project Team: Justin Northrop (Project/Design Director), Steve McKeag (Project Architect), Alex Lake (Architect), Melita Kei (Draftsperson), Francois Claassens (Draftsperson), Bianca Baldi (Interior Designer)
- Project Size: 550m²
- Project Cost: Undisclosed
- Builder: Visual Builders
- Structural Engineer: Parkhill Freeman
Monday, April 7th, 2014
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
Efforts to align water and land underpin all aspects of the design of Constance, Germany’s Hotel Riva, from its logo to its architecture. SEFAR® Architecture’s TENARA® Fabric ensures that the hotel remains consistent in its theme — all the way up to its shading canopies.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: TENARA® Fabric Canopy
- Location: Germany
Friday, April 4th, 2014
Article source: Rottet Studio
The James Royal Palm is the brand’s first hotel in Florida. The James brand is synonymous with the seamless blend of modern, residentially styled spaces and guest-centric service. Located on Collins Avenue in South Beach, just steps away from Ocean Boulevard and the crystal blue ocean, the hotel provides guests with a location immersed in luxury retail, endless entertainment and tropical serenity.
Image Courtesy © Rottet Studio
- Architects: Rottet Studio
- Project: The James Royal Palm
- Location: Florida, U.S.A
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Melco Crown Entertainment, a developer and owner of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Asia, has unveiled the project details and design of the fifth hotel tower at City of Dreams, the company’s flagship property in Cotai, Macau.
North Elevation, Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: City of Dreams Hotel Tower
- Location: Cotai, Macau
- Project Directors: Viviana Muscettola, Michele Pasca di, Magliano
- Facade Director: Paolo Matteuzzi
- Status: Under Construction
- Project Architects: Maria Loreto Flores, Clara Martins, Michele Salvi
- Project Team: Pierandrea Angius, Luis Miguel Samanez, Massimo Napoleoni, Bianca Cheung, Miron Mutyaba, Milind Khade, Stefano Lacopini Davide, Del Giudice Luciano, Letteriello Cyril Manyara, Alvin Triestanto, Muhammed Shameel, Goswin Rothenthal, Santiago Fernandez-Achury
- Concept Team: Viviana Muscettola, Tiago Correia, Clara Martins, Loreto Flores, Victor Orive, Danilo Arsic, Ines Fontoura Fabiano Costinanza, Rafael Gonzalez, Muhammed Shameel
- Local Architect: CAA, Macau
- Structural Engineering: Buro Happold, London/Hong Kong
- Facade Engineering: Buro Happold, Hong Kong
- Interior Designer: Remedios Studio, Long Beach CA
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: LAB Architecture Studio
This competition winning design proposal for a new city government office complex in Xitaihu New Town incorporates a 5 star hotel with full conference and meeting capability together with a range of restaurant and support facilities. The dynamic shape provides a unique, sculptural form as one approaches the building. Located on a corner site, the faceted planes of the building shift their formal relationships when seen from different vantage points. The “rock crystal” is purposely asymmetrical in its formal massing, with faceted planes bevelled to differing orientations.
Image Courtesy © John Gollings
- Architects: LAB Architecture Studio with SIADR
- Project: West Taihu International Business Plaza
- Location: Jiangsu Province, China
- Photography: John Gollings, Ryuji Miya, Borong Chen
- Client: Council of Jiangsu Wujin District Economic Development Zone
- Site area: 12,249m2
- Gross floor area: 27,295m2
- Type: government office building + hotel
- Project Leader: Donald Bates, Andy Wang
- Design Architect: Peter Davidson
- Design Team: Dean Boothroyd, Farshad Mehdizad, Oliver Hunt, Sam Kashuk, Eugyeene Teh, Tim, Fowler, Chris Chan, Kourosh Akbarza, Wynne Lim, Irene Yang, Hiker Gong, Shayne Lacy, Nick Cao, Lai Chin, Ada Ou, Ken Huang, Hummer Zheng, Nicolas Pratt, Liu Enfang (SIADR), Xiahan Kangkai (SIADR)
- Documentation: SIADR
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
In 1967, a small hotel, Hotel Castell dels Hams, was established on the island of Majorca amid the Mediterranean vegetation. Over time, and through subtle improvements and extensions, it has become one of the most distinctive hotels on the eastern part of the island.
Image Courtesy © Laura Torres Roa and Antonio Benito Amengual
- Architects: A2arquitectos (Cristian Santandreu And Juan Manzanares)
- Project: Pool and spa area for an Hotel
- Location: Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: Laura Torres Roa and Antonio Benito Amengual
- Client/investor: Hotel Castell dels Hams. (www.hotelcastelldelshams.com)
- Date of completion: 2011.
- Building size: 690 square meters.
- Builder: Promotora los Rosalitos S.L.
- Structure: Melchor Mascaró.
- Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning: Totelsa climatización y maquinaria de hostelería.
- Materials provider: Santandreu Sureda Materiales de construcción.
- Collaborators: Rut Prieto Martínez.