Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Tuesday, January 29th, 2013
Article source: RA Architectural & Design Studio
The new Eco-resort of Parque de Pedras Salgadas, Portugal, consists of a set of seven small houses in perfect harmony with the surrounding outstanding nature.
Designed in a modular prefabrication system but flexible to adapt to the specific places within the park, these houses result in several different combinations of the same three modules (entrance/bathing – living – sleeping) creating different morphologies and different dialogues with the surrounding nature, wisely occupying the empty spaces between the trunksof large trees and, at the same time, allowing each home to be unique, special and worth visiting.
Image Courtesy FG + SG
- Architects: RA Architectural & Design Studio
- Project: Pedras Salgadas Eco-Resort
- Location: Pedras Salgadas, Portugal
- Architects: Luís Rebelo de Andrade & Diogo Aguiar
- Collaborators: Madalena Rebelo de Andrade, Raquel Jorge, João Jesus
- Project Area: 1 EcoHouse — 52,92 m2 \ 12 EcoHouse2 — 635,04 m2
- Client: UNICER
- Constructor: Modular System
- Photographs: FG + SG
- Software used: ArchiCAD & Rhino
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: ABSCIS Architecten
The location of Heverlee Delek creates an oasis in which the traveller/commuter can relax within a contemporary environment to refuel, shop and eat before continuing their journey. Starting from the E40; a strong infrastructure vein, fast traffic is refined and reduced until finally distilled into quieter parking spaces and picnic areas. These areas visually meander and flow into the surrounding landscape and beyond. Central to the idea of the plan is a pedestrian axis. This directs traffic to specific areas, solely dedicated for the purpose of rest and relaxation. This ‘walking-axis’ offers the possibility for users to experience the surroundings and to pleasantly reach the service station in safety.
Image Courtesy ABSCIS Architecten
- Architects: ABSCIS Architecten
- Project: Service Station With Hotel
- Location: E40 exit Heverlee, Belgium
- Project: 1 Hotel And 2 Service Stations With a Shop, Restaurant And Cafeteria
- Client: Delek Belgium nv
- Design team: Vereniging van Studiebureaus ‘ABSCIS – PROVOOST – EDV’
- Study: 2008
- Phase: In progress
- Bruto area: 6194 m²
- Cost: € 17 894 806 excluding VAT and fees
Tuesday, January 15th, 2013
Article source: Accent Design Group
Due to the small size of the land and the lack of landscape, the main concept in this project is to introduce a fifth façade that would act as a green area. From the existing grid structure and the basic volume that result from it, vertical and horizontal shiftings are operated in order to create a roof terracing. The terraces are landscaped to provide green areas, both private for the suites and public for the common spaces of the hotel. Cantilevers and openings are created toward the surrounding views.
VIEW FROM STREET
- Architects: Accent Design Group
- Project: Aqaba Hotel
- Location: Aqaba, Jordan
- Lead Architect: Elie Abs
- Project Team: Mira Alassaad, Aline Fadous, Charbel Karam, Luana Mahfouz, Petia Ratzov
- Project Area: 17 135 Sqm
- Type: Hotel (79 Rooms)
- Materials: Stone, Wood
Sunday, January 13th, 2013
Article source: Bakers Architecten
ASR Property Development has come to an agreement with the Spanish hotel chain Room Mate Hotels regarding a 25-year tenancy agreement for the hotel at IJDock in Amsterdam. The contract was signed on Thursday April 19, 2012. The hotel with its 285 rooms is situated at the peninsula IJDock, where the Palace of Justice is also located.
View lawcourts hotel : Image Courtesy Bakers Architecten
- Architects: Bakers Architecten
- Project: Hotel IJDock
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autodesk Autocad for the design and engineering and Graphisoft Archicad for the interior
Wednesday, January 9th, 2013
Article source: MVA
The addition to an existing congress/wellness hotel is located in the thermal complex “Terme Tuhelj”, Croatia, next to the protected historical park and baroque Curia “Mihanović”. The starting point of the project was the idea of connecting all the existing and new facilities and integrating them into a new and meaningful ensemble.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Dorotić
- Architects: MVA
- Project: Hotel Well
- Location: Terme Tuhelj, Tuheljske Toplice, Croatia
- Photography: Ivan Dorotić
- Architects: MVA / Marin Mikelić, Tomislav Vreš
- Project year: 2010. – 2011.
- Construction: 2011. – 2012.
- Project Area: 12.250 m²
- Client: Terme Tuhelj d.o.o.
- Collaborators: Dubravka Perica, Ivana Krneta, Ivana Drviš, Silvija Pranjić, Sara Pavlov, Stjepan Birač (Architecture), Amalija Denich (Landscape Architecture), Tatjana Petric (Signage, Design), Iva Baković (Interior Consulting), Mateo Biluš (Building Physics), Mario Todorić, Toding (Structural Engineering), Srećko Zubak, Shema ZS (Electrical Engineering), Miroslav Janićijević, Bramini (HVAC), Nenad Šutevski, Vodotehnika (Plumbing Engineering), Željko Mužević, Flamit (Fire Protection)
Tuesday, December 11th, 2012
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
The Tianjin Hotel project is located close to the center of the city of Tianjin, a city with a population of ten million, situated approximately 120 kilometers south of Beijing in Northern China.
The building program incorporates the traditional hotel amenities such as conference rooms, restaurants, and fitness areas with a vibrant gallery for art and changing exhibitions showcasing local and international artists.
Image Courtesy HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: The Tianjin Hotel
- Location: Tianjin, China.
- Program: 250 Hotel Rooms, Restaurant, Conference Areas, Lobby, Fitness Center, Nightclub & Art Gallery.
- Type: Invited Concept Proposal.
- Size: 34,000 M2.
- Client: Confidential.
Sunday, December 9th, 2012
Article source: ZA Architects
The main idea of the project is to create a flexible and multi-purpose solution for small and medium-sized hotel business. Here we suggest a modular structrure which can be easily implemeted throughout Ukraine. If some changes in the insulation parameteres of certain details and in the layout of the hall should be made, this design can be realized in other climates as well. In terms of structure, the hotel represents a construction kit on the basis of pre-fabricated units, such as “Containex”, which have the dimensions and technical specifications of maritime shipping containers.
Image Courtesy ZA Architects
- Architects: ZA Architects
- Project: Container Hotel
- Location: Crimea, Ukraine
- Customer: “Barrel”
- Function: Hotel
- Program: Variable
- Architect: Dmitry Zhuikov
- 3D visualization: Dmitry Zhuikov
- Year: 2010
- Software used: 3D max, V-ray, Archicad, Autocad, Adobe Photosop, Adobe After Effect
Friday, December 7th, 2012
Article source: ZA Architects
In order to achieve main task of the competition we’ve developed a few new principles of hotel organization.
-Instead of separating visitors from the environment we are intending to embed their lives in local city life. For this reason there is no hotel building itself, instead it we propose hotel rooms placed in existing buildings (offices, residential) connected with web of hung pathways.
Image Courtesy ZA Architects
- Architects: ZA Architects
- Project: Heart of the District
- Location: New York, 23 street,100-130
- Architects: Arina Agieieva, Dmitry Zhuikov
- Client: tablet hotels
- Status: 2-end place in international contest
- Function: hotel
- Year: 2012
Tuesday, December 4th, 2012
Article source: Platform Architectures
The development that completes the urban composition programme of the town of Hérouville-Saint-Clair is an enterprise centre to the west of the Place de l’Europe. The requirements of the programme – the local employment centre, a business incubator and a restaurant – imposed constraints on the layout of the centre that were overcome by the three primary volumes being assembled in an apparent imbalance.
Image Courtesy © Jérome Ricolleau
- Architects: Platform Architectures
- Project: Hérouville-Saint-Clair Hotel
- Location: Basse-Normandie, France
- Photography: Jérome Ricolleau
- Complete: May 2012
- Client: Shema
- Project Management: Platform Architectures, Bruno Douliery, François Ehouarn, Olivier Leroy
- Project Leader: Julie Clément
- Cost: 3.9m Euros + tax
- Surface Area: 2,321 sq m HSA / 2,900 sq m NSA
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012
Article source: Giaquinto Architetti Associati
The first and second phase of this project consist in the renovation of the ground floor of an historic hotel in the centre of Milan, we re-organized all the interior spaces giving them a new fruibility. Different materials lead the client through the spaces: stone, tatami, leather and coloured glass are used to create a stylish and intimate ambient.
Image Courtesy Giaquinto Architetti Associati