Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: A2arquitectos
In 1967, a small hotel, Hotel Castell dels Hams, was established on the island of Majorca amid the Mediterranean vegetation. Over time, and through subtle improvements and extensions, it has become one of the most distinctive hotels on the eastern part of the island.
Image Courtesy © Laura Torres Roa and Antonio Benito Amengual
- Architects: A2arquitectos (Cristian Santandreu And Juan Manzanares)
- Project: Pool and spa area for an Hotel
- Location: Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: Laura Torres Roa and Antonio Benito Amengual
- Client/investor: Hotel Castell dels Hams. (www.hotelcastelldelshams.com)
- Date of completion: 2011.
- Building size: 690 square meters.
- Builder: Promotora los Rosalitos S.L.
- Structure: Melchor Mascaró.
- Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning: Totelsa climatización y maquinaria de hostelería.
- Materials provider: Santandreu Sureda Materiales de construcción.
- Collaborators: Rut Prieto Martínez.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: DesignAgency
The newest destination in Generator’s expanding portfolio, Generator Venice aims to change Venice’s staid hotel and nightlife scene. The hostel occupies an 1855 Palazzo originally built as a granary warehouse, converted in the 1950s into Venice’s only hostel. On the waterfront of the quiet, residential island of Giudecca, Generator is a one-stop vaporetto (water bus) ride from Venice’s main hub of San Marco’s Square. Each of the modern rooms – from the private suites to the dormitories – have panoramic views of neighbouring gardens, across to the Lido, the Grand Canal, or to San Marco and the Doges Palace.
The hostel occupies an 1855 Palazzo originally built as a granary warehouse, converted in the 1950’s into Venice’s only hostel. The Fine Arts Committee and Venetian planning laws meant no changes to the frontage, Image Courtesy © Jamie Smith
- Architects: DesignAgency
- Project: GENERATOR VENICE
- Location: Fondamenta Zitelle, 86, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
- Photography: Jamie Smith and Nikolas Koenig
- Size: 26,000 sq feet and 241 beds
- Completion: September, 2013
- Owner: Generator / Patron Capital
- Local Project Architect: Progetto CMR, Milan, Italy
- Project Management: EC Harris, Milan, Italy
- Room Rates: Starting at €23 for a dorm bed
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Article source: Lazzarini Pickering Architetti
This project for a hotel in Sofia revolves around the contemporary reconstruction of a historical building. The hotel is situated in Tsar Osvoboditel Boulevard, one of the city’s most prestigious streets. As with all of Lazzarini Pickering’s work, the project creates an attentive dialogue with the site, despite its innovative form.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Piazza
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: Andersson-Wise Architects
Austin’s W Hotel and Residences complex is a new centerpiece for the city, occupying a prime location in the skyline framing Austin City Hall and Lady Bird Lake. Andersson-Wise Architects, of Austin, designed the building to make the most of the city’s natural environment, capturing prevailing breezes and controlling the intense sunlight to create a protectedyet open experience.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Pogue
- Architects: Andersson-Wise Architects
- Project: W AUSTIN HOTEL + RESIDENCES with AUSTIN CITY LIMITS LIVE AT THE MOODY THEATER
- Location: Austin, Texas, U.S.A
- Photography: Andrew Pogue, Art Gray, Jonathan Jackson, Tom McConnell
- Software used: Vectorworks.
- Design Team: Arthur Andersson, Chris Wise, Catherine Craig, Leland Ulmer, Christopher Sanders, Laura McQuary, Robin Bagley Logan
- Architect of record: BOKA Powell – Dallas, TX Emily Hoffman
- General contractor: Austin Building Company – Austin, TX, Kasey Delz
- Other key contractors: Custom Sheet Metal: A. Zahner & Co., Curtain Wall + Glazing: Wincon Millwork: AMI
- Structural Engineer: Thornton Tomasetti
- Mep engineer: JJA, Inc.
- Landscape architect: Talley Associates – Dallas, TX
- Lighting consultant: Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design
- Sustainable design: Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems
- Theater consultant: Theatre Consultants Collaborative
- Venue interiors: Rios Clementi Hale Studios
- Square footage: 1 million square feet
- Site acreage: 1.8 acres
- Building materials: cement composite panels (Swiss Pearl), aluminum + glass curtain wall system, metal plate wall panels
- LEED rating: SILVER
- Sustainable features: urban site, orientation to sun and prevailing breezes, utilizes City of, Austin chilled water system, high recycled content materials, low VOC, materials, high-performance glazing.
- Floors: 37 story tower, 10 floors hotel, 21 floors residences, 3 floors podium 4 floors mechanical
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: JSa Arquitectura
The complex has 102 apartments, of about 2,700-2,960 sq ft (duplex and simplex), in four towers, with different distribution layouts with a total area of 305,360 sq ft.
Inside the complex there are two swim clubs with three pools each, one pool for free swim, one for training, and one for kids. Each of these clubs has a multi-use room, with both, covered and open-air areas covering about 52,300 sq ft.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: JSa Arquitectura
- Project: PUNTA IXTAPA
- Location: Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo, JSa Arquitectura
- Project Date: 2013
- Type of projects: Resort
- Design Team: JSª / Javier Sanchez, Francisco Martinez, Jorge Bracho,, Othon Reynoso, David Herrera, Sofia Villareal, Savlan Hauser.
- Interior Design: Larissa Kadner, Raúl martínez
- Number of units: 102 apartments
- Average surface area: 94 units between 265 m2 and 270 m2, and 8 units of 460 m2
- Área total construida, Total surface area: 538,195 sq ft
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: Keir Townsend
Interior Design Studio, Keir Townsend provides a full scope of services from concept design and branding through to design implementation.
Though relatively new as an interior design partnership, Irina Townsend and Alastair Keir have already amassed a prestigious portfolio of residential and commercial work including the highly-acclaimed Novikov Restaurant and Bar in London’s Mayfair.
Image Courtesy © Keir Townsend
- Architects: Keir Townsend
- Project: Bramham Gardens
- Location: Kensington, London
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: blp architects
Invisibility is essentially a question of transparency.
In 1963 Colin Rowe in his article Transparency: Literal and Phenomenal set the framework: \”At the beginning of any inquiry into transparency, a basic distinction must perhaps be established. Transparency may be an inherent quality of substance- as in a wire mesh or glass curtain wall, or it may be an inherent quality of organization\”. As an organization quality \”transparency means a simultaneous perception of different spatial locations\”.
Image Courtesy © blp architects
- Architects: blp architects (Iro Bertaki Christina Loukopoulou Costis Paniyiris)
- Project: Invisible Hotel/ Transparent City
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Invited competition entry: January 2005
- Exhibition: DESTE Foundation for Contemporary Art, Athens: April 2005
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: Michael Jantzen
The North Slope Ski Hotel is a conceptual design proposal (in search of a client) for an eco-friendly ninety five room luxury hotel, which is powered primarily by the wind and by the sun. Eight large vertical axis wind turbines are mounted on the top of the hotel, and a very large array of flexible photovoltaic cells cover the lower south facing curved portion of the structure. These wind turbines and solar cells are used to supply most of the hotels electrical needs.
Image Courtesy © Michael Jantzen
- Architects: Michael Jantzen
- Project: The North Slope Ski Hotel
- Status: Unbuilt
Thursday, February 27th, 2014
Article source: KWK Promes
On the picturesque site located near the Czorsztyn lake, the investor wanted to built his dream hotel. There are traditional houses standing on the nearest hill, that were moved from the village that was later flooded by the water of Czorsztyn lake. They have become the inspiration for the project.
Image Courtesy © KWK Promes
- Architects: KWK Promes
- Project: Hotel in Pieniny mountain
- Author: Robert Konieczny
- Co-author: Michał Lisiński, Katarzyna Furgalińska
- Collaboration: Jakub Pstraś, Piotr Tokarski, Marcin Harnasz
- Client: private
- Structural engineering: Kornel Szyndler
- Instalations: cegroup
- Site area: 8360 m2
- Usable floor area: 5368 m2
- Volume: 10892 m3
- Design: 2009
Thursday, February 27th, 2014
Article source: EDSA
The 1 Hotel and Residences is located on the northern border of South Beach and “Mid-Beach”, Florida and sits on 600 feet of pristine beachfront. The property was originally built in the 1970’s and its interior and exterior spaces are being redesigned in an effort to reach LEED certification.
Image Courtesy © EDSA
- Architects: EDSA
- Project: 1 Hotel & Homes South Beac
- Location: Florida, U.S.A