Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: AVCI ARCHITECTS
The new Kintele Congress Centre and Resort Hotel (KCC) is in a newly developing area of Brazzaville, to the north of the new Olympic Centre. The site has panaromic views of the Congo River to the south and a forested unbuilt landscape to the north. The topography of the site is a valley carved out by the great Congo River which creates an island M’Bamaou in the foreground and the buildings sit parallel to the contours of this valley falling towards the river.
Image Courtesy © Emre Dorter
- Architects: AVCI ARCHITECTS
- Project: Congo Kintele Congress Centre
- Location: Congo, Kinshasa
- Photography: Emre Dorter
- Interior Design: AVCI ARCHITECTS
- Landscape:Sahara Peyzaj
- Construction Date: Autumn 2016
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Article source: Isern Associats
An anodyne office building from the 1970s with not enough free height between the floor structures but at the same time higher than the current law allows, constructed above railway arches which subjected it to an insufferably high level of vibration.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Isern Associats
- Project: Hotel Ohla Eixample
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Collaborators: Yaiza Diaz, Aleix Naudó, Nuria Widmann, Laura Muñoz
- Technical Architect: Albert Bordera
- Acoustic Engineer: AV Enginyers
- Structural Engineer: Nolac
- Installations Engineer: JG
- Project Lighting: Artec
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has signed a management contract for a new signature hotel and branded residences to be developed in Melbourne, Australia. The project is expected to open in 2023, and is the Group’s first announced property in Australia.
The hotel and residences will be located on Collins Street, in the mixed-use 185-metre tower designed by Zaha Hadid, and will play a part in the ongoing regeneration of the city’s Central Business District. Located in the heart of Melbourne’s financial and legal district, the project is close to the Docklands and the Southbank tourist and entertainment precinct.
Image Courtesy © Visualarch
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Mandarin Oriental hotel and residences
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Visualarch
- ZHA Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Director: Gianluca Racana
- ZHA Project Directors: Michele Pasca di Magliano and Viviana Muscettola
- ZHA Project Associates: Andres Madrid and Michele Salvi
- ZHA Project Team: Johannes Elias, Pauline Gidoin, Millie Anderson, Michael Sims, Gaganjit Singh, Natasha Gill, Yooyeon Noh, Vincent Yeung, Hee Seung Lee, Nhan Vo, Sam Mcheileh, Luca Ruggeri, Michael Rogers Juan Camilo Mogollon, Effie Kuan, Julia Hyoun Hee Na, Maria Tsironi, Ashwanth Govindaraji, Cyril Manyara, Cristina Capanna, Massimo Napoleoni, Kostantinos Psomas, Megan Burke, Veronica Erspamer, Ahmed Hassan, Marius Cernica
- Local Architect: PLUS Architecture
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7）
Hangzhou International Expo Center is situated on the bank of Qiantang River. Its form is grand and exquisite, and rich in the implication “of Jiangnan”. To this date, it is the biggest, most advanced mega urban complex in China.
Image Courtesy © Lu Xu
- Architects: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7)
- Project: International Expo Center
- Location: Jingben Avenue, Qianjiang Shijicheng, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Photography: Lu Xu
- Principle architect: Liu Mingjun
- Client: Hangzhou Olympic and International Expo Center, Xiaoshan Construction and Investment Company Limited
- Structural Engineer: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- MEP Consultant: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- Quantity surveyor: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Economics Division
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Duende PR
Ora Ito is responsible for the architectural and interior design of the new Yooma * hotel concept with the complicity of Daniel Buren. Located on the Front de Seine with the Eiffel Tower very close by, the building, designed by Ora Ito and permeated by Daniel Buren, summarises the unique setting provided by this Parisian district with its twenty or so towers, typical of the seventies, extending over a paved area.
Image Courtesy © duende PR
- Architects: Duende PR
- Project: Yooma Hotel
- Location: Paris, France
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: Architects VDARQ
This project proposes the development of a Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building.
The volumetry of the set is formed by 3 bodies, a square structure with a central atrium for the hotel. The central body corresponds to the convention center, whose deck is the recreational areas of the hotel, swimming pool and restaurant; And the third building is the tallest building, designed for offices spaces.
Image Courtesy © Architects VDARQ
- Architects: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Project: Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building
- Location: Maracay, Venezuela
- Design Team: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Client: Grupo ALCO
- Design Director: Arq. Vivian Dembo
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
Zhengzhou Grand Theater, being the east part of city axis, is located in Zhengzhou Culture District as the best palace of performing arts in the Central Plains, will highlight the art of movement, and manifest the axis status of Zhengzhou in the Chinese culture with an architectural image unique to the Central Plains.
The architectural design concept of this project is: Yellow River Raving, A Dragon Wakes Up in Central China.
Image Courtesy © The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Architects: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Project: Zhengzhou Grand Theater
- Location: Zhengzhou Culture District, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
- Principle architect: Hongyuan Mei
- Scale: Around124, 000m²
- Total land area: 36219m²
- Total construction area: 96,941m²
- Volume rate: 1.48
- Design period: June 2015 to February 2017
- Completion: End of 2019
- Project status: Under construction
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: BLVD
Located amid the historic city of Luoyang, this new construction hotel features 250 guest rooms and suites. The design overlay the contemporary hotel with a sleek, sophisticated atmosphere that references the city’s rich context and history.
The design celebrates the places where the functional spaces and the radiance of light on the 6th sky lobby floor converge. Staying true to the core values of the Hyatt Place brand, the clean, relaxed and youthful nature was revived and highlighted. Stones and tiles, dark copper, textured glass, and warm wood create an earthy architectural foundation into which subtle textures and sculptural forms are layered. Screen elements maintain the transparency and connection between spaces while provoking curiosity within the guests.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen and Sun Xiangyu
- Architects: BLVD
- Project: Hyatt Place Hotel Luoyang
- Location: Luoyang, Henan Province, China
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen and Sun Xiangyu
- Client: Luoyang Buynow Electronics Information Co., Ltd.
- Chief Designer: LIU Hong-lei, HE Hai-jun
- Participating Designer: HUANG Jian, XING Yi-sheng, LiANG Xiao-mei
- Design Area: 20,695 sqm
- Design Time: 2014
- Completion Time: 2016
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Powerhouse Company
Powerhouse Company, in collaboration with landscape architect ZUS and developer Amvest, won the invited competition for a 70,000 m2 mixed use building right next to the central station of Eindhoven. In Powerhouse Company’s winning design, three slender towers fan out to generous plinths. The complex combines a varied residential program with an array of (semi-)public amenities ranging from hotel to work/meeting spaces, a student study centre, shops, restaurants and exhibition spaces.
Image Courtesy © Powerhouse Company
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Article source: Architectural & Urban Planning Design & Research Institute of Huazhon University of Science & Technology
Enshi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture is located at the southwestern part of Hubei Province. According to the legend, the Tujia people are descendants of the ancient Ba people, who were Chu people during the Warring States period. As Qin destroyed Chu, part of the Chu people fled into the deep mountains to avoid Qin, which resulted in Wuling people and hundreds of square kilometers of peach blossom recorded in the “Peach-Blossom Source”.
Image Courtesy © Feng Wei