Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, August 19th, 2016
Article source: PLASMA Studio
Located on a steep hillside in the Italian Dolomites, this newly-built hotel was developed as a free-flowing topography–indexed and organized by a series of timber strips–and the serial sequence of apartment units perpendicular to it.
Image Courtesy © PLASMA Studio
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: CM Mimarlik
A winery that takes place in Çanakkale’s Eceabat district in Gelibolu… The architectural project belongs to Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership, which is one of the well established architectural offices in Turkey.We commenced our interior architectural project following the start of the construction phase of the building. We had the advantage of working within a relatively good timing, in presence of Dilgün Saklar and Mehmet Emin Çakırkaya from Tekeli-Sisa Office.
Image Courtesy © Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership
- Architectural Design: Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership
- Project: Vinero Winery and Hotel
- Location: Çanakkale, Turkey
- Interior design: CM Mimarlik
- Designer: Cem Sorguç
- Design Team: Cem Sorguç, Elvan Çakıt, Özlem Yılmaz, Gizem Candemir, Deniz Gezgin, Amina Rezoug
- Project Area: 16.000 sqm
- Project Date: 2012 – 2015
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: Kengo Kuma & Associates
Ginzan Onsen is known in the other there is no example in the unique landscape. Kanei hot springs out springing a year, 14 different inn was opened in tandem. But then meet to flood damage in 1913, revived in no time, three-storey with a unique design of the Taisho era, lined up in a unique wooden architecture is a deep valley at the bottom of the four-storey. So too the valley there was no deep land, inn there is no so increase more than 14 different, also the third floor in spite of the wooden, did not get a choice but to pile up to the fourth floor and above. Difficult conditions that are even people who are referred to as “high-rise of the tree” is, to generate an unprecedented unique landscape.
Image Courtesy © Daici Ano
- Architects: Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Project: Ginzan Onsen Fujiya
- Location: Obanazawa, Yamagata, Japan
- Photography: Daici Ano
- Structural engineers: K. Natata & Associates
- Mechanical engineers: P.T. Morimura & Associates, LTD.
- General contractors: Aiwa Construction Co., Ltd.
- Site area: 558.13 m2
- Building area: 366.09 m2
- Total floor area: 927.99 m2
- Construction Period: 2005 April – 2006 July
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: FCC Arquitectura
The project aimed to adapt the space that Quinta da Lixa uses to produce wine through the construction of a Rural Hotel devoted to wine tourism.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: FCC Arquitectura + Paulo Lobo
- Project: Monverde
- Location: Telões, Amarante, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG + SG
- Software used: Autocad
- General contractor: MC Meireles
- Frames: Jofebar
- Woods: José Nuno Carpintaria
- Electricity: Costa Alves Electricidade
- Avac: Pritérmica
- Construction area: 5200 m²
- Site: 30 Hectares
- Project starts: May 2008
- Starts of works: July 2012
- End of the works: Jun 2015
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: Tomas Ghisellini Architetti
The new (rediscovered) wings of the Hôtel de Galliffet
Mirror reflection: strategy of lightness
The new architectural wings of the Hôtel de Galliffet will be enigmatic and surprising appearances.
Logics of composition, materials and formal repertoire push the architectural bodies towards an expressive vocabulary for which the terms of lightness and permeability prevail.
The strategy of inclusion aims to give the new buildings a kind of perceptive dematerialization; this way proceeding the partial clogging of the courts will assume a character of agreement and co-operation rather than imposition.
View of the east wing, Image Courtesy © Tomas Ghisellini
- Architects: Tomas Ghisellini Architetti
- Project: MÉNAGE À TROIS
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Tomas Ghisellini
- Client: Italian Institute of Culture in Paris
- Collaborators: Lucrezia Alemanno, Daniele Francesco Petralia, Salvatore Scandurra
- Building construction cost estimated: 9.000.000,00 €
- Building Construction Forecast: 2018 – 2021
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: noa* network of architecture
It is all about the apple in the ‘Apfelhotel Torgglerhof’ in Saltaus in the Passiria Valley in Northern Italy. The agricultural farm and the hotel extend on 3 buildings and form the farm ensemble – surrounded by numerous apple trees and nature. For noa* network of architecture the starting point and key element of the design was the circle of the apple throughout the year: bloom, harvest, refinement and repose period.
Image Courtesy © noa* network of architecture
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
Article source: Alts Design Office
This is our first project for producing guest house in Uji-city.
This city is one of oldest cities in Kyoto and today it remains as part of Japan’s idyllic landscape. There are many houses which have tiled roof, japanese cedar and doma (a space that you can stay without shoes off) in this city.
Image Courtesy © Fuji-Shokai/ Masahiko Nishida
- Architects: Alts Design Office
- Project: Uji Japanese Hotel
- Location: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Fuji-Shokai/ Masahiko Nishida
- The lot area: 72.26 m2
- Floor space: 45.53 m2
- 1floor area: 44.99 m2
- 2floor area: 45.26 m2
- The total floor area: 90.25 m2
- Year: 2016/03
Friday, July 22nd, 2016
Article source: Architects For Urbanity
The site is located at Daebang-dong, where U.S. army base ‘Camp Grey’ had been located for 55 years until the retrocession in 2007. Located adjacent to this site was Seoul Women Shelter which accommodated prostitutes, runaway dementia elders, and vagrants from 1962 to 1998. The shelter was converted to Seoul Women Plaza. This is a symbolic place where tragic division of the Korean peninsula, poverty and hardships of woman in the era is accumulated and conveys the agony of Korean modern history. The purpose of this project to turn this gloomy and ‘deathlike’ space into a place of resurrection, a site of nurturing space that will foster welfare of women and families.
Image Courtesy © Architects For Urbanity
- Architects: Architects For Urbanity
- Project: Seoul Urban Womb
- Location: Daebang-dong Neighbourhood in Seoul, South Korea
- Client: Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Team: Irgen Salianji, Marina Kounavi, Karolina Szóstkiewicz, Stavria Psomiadi, Antony Laurijsen
- Parking Spots: 120
- Total Area: 20.500 m2
- Status: Competition Proposal
Saturday, July 16th, 2016
Article source: Makoto Yamaguchi Design
In converting this Ryokan (traditional Japanese Inn), in the mountainous holiday retreat area of Yugawara, outside Tokyo, we were inspired by the beautiful surrounding landscape of forest and rivers, and the esteemed traditions of Japanese crafts. We sought to combine richly textured natural materials with traditional Japanese crafts and patterning, to create a fusion and layering of these two elements, and form a beautiful contrast.
Entrance, Image Courtesy © Koichi Torimura
- Architects: Makoto Yamaguchi Design
- Project: Hakuunsou
- Location: Yugawara, Kanagawa prefecture, Japan
- Photography: Koichi Torimura
- Design team: Makoto Yamaguchi, Peter Hamori, Ayumi Mitoma, Scott Beer
- Site area: 356.80 sqm
- Completion: 2015
Friday, July 15th, 2016
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
In the heart of Surrey, England, the 185-room Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel exudes luxury, and with its newest addition — a covered rooftop terrace — the hotel is set to impress guests in all types of weather. The retractable cover to the hotel’s rooftop terrace provides form and function with the help of TENARA Fabric from SEFAR Architecture.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Architects: SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel
- Location: Surrey, England