Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Article source: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Goettsch Partners (GP), along with China Resources Land Limited, celebrated the grand opening of the Grand Hyatt Dalian. This GP-designed 44 story, 370-key hotel is located in China’s northeastern coastal city of Dalian, sited fronting the Yellow Sea and adjacent to the large public park of Xinghai Square.
Image Courtesy © Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Saturday, November 15th, 2014
Article source: noa* network of architecture
The newly renovated and extended Bio Resort Ulrichshof is located in Rimbach in the middle of the idyllic Bavarian forest.
The family hotel was upgraded and extended with a three-storey open hotel hall which includes a new reception, lobby and lounges; moreover a “Waldpassage”, Spa, Outdoor Pools and 41 new rooms and suites were realized. The volumes extends on the whole area and connects to the existing hotel and the barn.
Image Courtesy © noa* network of architecture
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Article source: Campos Costa Arquitectos
Rehabilitation is a medical term that refers to the dynamic global process oriented to physical and psychological regeneration of the human being. In architecture is associated with the critical process to find the essential elements which are to remain, those that must be removed and new ones, prostheses, which may be added. This intervention follows two options: the archaeological recovery by mimesis with the past and the contemporary statement by comparison with present realities. The goal was to search for a balance between existing and contemporary. The building was designed in the 70s and has features that I was interested in keeping and which influenced the design of the new elements. I perceive the buildings not as static elements but as living structures that interact over us and that are part of the experience both at the program level or its aesthetic expression.
Here there isn’t a dreamlike inspiration. The process is little linear and the final design is the result of several moments of the project with several intersections with the client.
Image Courtesy © José Campos
- Architects: Campos Costa Arquitectos
- Project: Ozadi Tavira Hotel
- Location: Tavira, Portugal
- Photography: José Campos
- Software used: Autocad
- Coordenation: Pedro Campos Costa
- Team: Pedro Campos Costa, Verónica de Mello, Silvia Bechi, Giulia Castelarin, Werner Peruzzo, Nuno Pereira , Ana Isabel Fernandes, Gonçalo Pacheco, Katarzyna Augustyniak e Daniela Figueiredo
- Interior Design: Lara Matos e Verónica de Mello
- Structural engineers: Miguel Lourenço JSJ estruturas
- Lighting design: Paula Rainha
- Client: Gracer, SA
Tuesday, November 4th, 2014
Article source: Powerhouse Company
For its latest completed project, Powerhouse Company has renovated an iconic Rotterdam office building. The architect started by turning the entrance into a crossover between a hotel lobby, restaurant and coffee bar.
Image Courtesy © Kim Zwarts
- Architects: Powerhouse Company
- Project: The office as a hotel
- Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Photography: Kim Zwarts
- Timescales: 2012 – 2020
- Client: a.s.r. vastgoed vermogensbeheer
- Area: 3.560 m² (main lobby), 2.890 m² (elevator lobbies)
- Budget: € 8.700.000
- Partner in charge: Nanne de Ru
- Project leader: Sander Apperlo
- Team: Nanne de Ru, Sander Apperlo, Donna van Milligen Bielke, Paul Valeanu, Stefan Prins
- Structural Engineering: Royal Haskoning DHV
- Installation Engineering: Herman de Groot Ingenieurs
- Contractor: J.P. van Eesteren B.V.
Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Article source: TBI Architecture & Engineering
The Hotel Vincci Gala is a four-star hotel with 78 rooms, bar, restaurant, meeting rooms, and various terraces, situated in a period building in Barcelona´s Eixample district. The design of the new Hotel Vincci Gala is marked by two requirements. Firstly, the obligation of the Monument Protection Department of Barcelona to conserve both the facade and a large white marble staircase in the inside of the building and secondly, the name of the Hotel: “Gala” referring to the wife and muse of the surrealist painter Salvador Dalí.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia Blach
- Architects: TBI Architecture & Engineering
- Project: Hotel Vincci Gala
- Location: Ronda Sant Pere 32, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia Blach
- Software used: REVIT
- Area: 4600 m2
- Date: 2012 – 2014
- Customer: Activ-Group
- Operator: Vincci Hoteles
- Interior design, Graphic design, Construction management: TBI Architecture & Engineering
- Responsible Architects: Miguel Jordá (Director TBI), Stefan Richter (Architecture), Gregor Mertens (Design and Interior design), Carlos Mir (Technical Architect) Collaborator: Grupo IPI S.A. and EMG (consulting engineers), Jorge Campreciós, Architect (License planning)
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: Kjellgren Kaminsky
The new hotel building – a complement to the acknowledged architect Gert Wingårdhs breakthrough project Öijared Country Club – conveys a sense of countryside where the vivid forest and its genuine materials are present trough wood, stone and dim colors. The project relates respectfully to the existing building, as well as to the surrounding nature and the hotel will quietly blend into the forest. The building materials are chosen with care and the façade strips are taken from the surrounding forest. In the hotel, visitors can experience the silence of the forest and its ability to absorb sound, as well as the enchanting effect of fire.
Image Courtesy © Kjellgren Kaminsky
- Architects: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Project: THE HOTEL IN-BETWEEN TREES
- Location: Öijared, Sweden
- Status: Under construction
- Client: Öijared Country Club
- Partners: Moelven
- Sustainable: Self-sufficient, local materials ….
- Programme: Hotel (2300 kvm)
- Site: Öijared
- Team: Fredrik Kjellgren, Joakim Kaminsky, Johan Brandström, Sanna Johnels, Mélia Parizel, Michael Tuuling, Sofia Wendel, Maria Syrén, Paco Pomares, Michael Tuuling, Maëlis Grenouillet, Claire McGinley, Gaby Andersson, Joti Weijers-Coghlan, Kay Chang
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: RSP Architects Planners & Engineers
The new Holiday Inn Express hotel projects a distinct, geometrical facade that is engaging, generating a new buzz in the vibrant Clarke Quay neighbourhood within the city centre. Completed in February 2014, within a site area of 11,555 m2, the design approach for this seven-storey hotel has been largely driven by the urban design requirements and technical conditions for the site. Its striking facade comprising of hotel room windows tilted and inclined at an angle, creates an identity of its own along Clemenceau Avenue.The design is firmly rooted in keeping the rooms shaded as much as possible from the direct and harsh afternoon sun as a large part of the Clemenceau Avenue elevation is west facing. The resultant facade is expressive, providing rooms across this elevation about 95% shade for more than half the year.
Image Courtesy © RSP Architects Planners & Engineers (Pte) Ltd
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: CHYBIK + KRISTOF
Located in the middle of the most crowded tourist center of Nha Trang, Vietnam, the hotel was designed to be a model of tropical city hotel to enjoy the seaside weather and healthy botanical environment of Nha Trang.
Image Courtesy © Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects: Trinhvieta-Architects
- Project: Hotel Golden Holiday
- Location: Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Photography: Hiroyuki Oki
- Architects Team: Naoya Sakamaki, Le Hoai Phuong
- MEP Design: Tran Cuong
- Structure Design: Trung Son JSC
- Lighting Conceptual Design: Nguyen Nhi Hoai Anh
- Construction Supervisor: Ta Xuan Loc
- Structure: RC frames with Hollow Bricks
- Site: 8.5m x 22m
- Floor area: 2000 sqm / 12 stories
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: RARE architecture
Porte 12 designers, award wining studio RARE architecture, conceived a precise and textured design interpretation of the sleek and exacting cuisine of chef Vincent Crepel’s new restaurant. Housed in a former sewing and lingerie workshop in Paris’s new culinary district, Porte 12 is a contemporary ode to craftsmanship and the refinement of manual labor through both the design and its young chef’s cuisine. Top ten of the best restaurants in the world, the chef/artist André Chiang of Restaurant ANDRE in Singapore, is the helping force behind the “bistronomique” adventure of his longtime protégé.
Image Courtesy © RARE architecture
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: Karolina Keyzer + Wingårdhs
The house with thousand eyes creates an illusion; like waves from a point in middle of the northern facade. The image appears from a distance. It makes the stiff block soft, even wet. The impression is formed by windows in three different sizes: 1.4, 1.7 and 2 meters in diameter. The variations furnish the standardized rooms with a kind of individuality, especially in corners.
Image Courtesy © Filip Mesko and Tord-Rickard Söderström
- Architects: Karolina Keyzer + Wingårdhs
- Project: Quality Hotel Friends
- Location: Råsta Strandväg 1, Solna, Sweden
- Photography: Filip Mesko and Tord-Rickard Söderström
- Interior: Wingårdh Arkitektkontor AB trough Gert Wingårdh and Lena Arthur
- Client: Arthur Buchardt
- Gross area: 21 935 m²
- Height: 91,5 m
- No. of storey’s: 26
- Rooms: 400
- Project start: 2011
- Completed: 2013