Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: RTA-Office
The 200.000 square meters complex aims to create a new and contemporary urban space. We have distributed the volumes on the parcel in order to get at the same time both an open public space and an intimate one. The many passages through the project offer walk paths for resident and visitors. The mixed-use project occupies an entire block of the city of Qingdao.
Image Courtesy RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office
- Project: Nanjing Road Mixed Use Area
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Plot area: 26.810 m2
- Total construction area: 210.700 m2
- Project: 2012
- Completion Date: in progress
- Landscape Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Architecture Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Interior Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Client: Zhong Lian
Sunday, February 3rd, 2013
Article source: Landa Arquitectos
O Dos Vasconcelos is a mixed-use complex organized around a central, open-air public space with a circular plan. The parking area, the apartments and commercial spaces, and the hotel volume are all visible from the entrance level. The relation between the underground and the aboveground spaces, and the concentration of different functions in carefully crafted pieces, lends the complex a mechanical character –appropriate for a predominantly industrial city– which reminiscent of the early work of James Stirling.
Image Courtesy Javier Orozco
- Architects: Landa Arquitectos
- Project: O Dos Vasconcelos – Hotel Habita
- Location: San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- Formal Name Of Building: O Dos Vasconcelos / Hotel Habita Monterrey
- Architect Design: Arq. Agustin landa vertiz
- Completion Date (Month And Year): October 2008
- Project Team: Roberto Garcia, Rolando Martinez, Cecilia Dominguez, Edna Garza, Enrique Yañez, Claudia Carreno, Jorge Corcuera
- Photographers: Javier Orozco, Rodrigo Ramos, Undine Pröhl
- Square Meters: 40,000 m2 of Mixed-Use Complex. The part of the hotel corresponds 1,800m2
- Client: Grupo Habita
- Software used: AutoCAD
Saturday, February 2nd, 2013
Article source: GCP Arquitetos
The Nau Royal building design was based upon very cleary assumptions: functional programing, simple and clear lines tipology, but with a strong formal expression, connection with its spetacular surroundings and sustainability. The party consideres the existing natural landscape and views as a key element to the project, therefore, adopting modern brazilian architecture principles, such as the use of large openings protected by “brise-soleil balconies”, framing from one side of the building, the mountains covered by rain forest and from the opposite side, the Cambury beach and the Atlantic ocean.
Image Courtesy Nelson Kon and Faustulo Machado
- Architects: GCP Arquitetos
- Project: Nau Royal Hotel
- Location: São Sebastião, Brazil
- Project: 2009
- Construction: 2011
- Type: Boutique Hotel by the Cambury beach
- Sector: Hospitality
- Construction Value: US$ 9,3 Million
- Site Area: 1.500 sqm
- Construction Area: 950 sqm
- Landscape: Marcelo Belloto Paisagismo
- Lighting: Acenda Projeto de Iluminação
- MEP: Projetar Projetos de Sistemas
- Photographer: Nelson Kon and Faustulo Machado (more…)
Tuesday, January 29th, 2013
Article source: RA Architectural & Design Studio
The new Eco-resort of Parque de Pedras Salgadas, Portugal, consists of a set of seven small houses in perfect harmony with the surrounding outstanding nature.
Designed in a modular prefabrication system but flexible to adapt to the specific places within the park, these houses result in several different combinations of the same three modules (entrance/bathing – living – sleeping) creating different morphologies and different dialogues with the surrounding nature, wisely occupying the empty spaces between the trunksof large trees and, at the same time, allowing each home to be unique, special and worth visiting.
Image Courtesy FG + SG
- Architects: RA Architectural & Design Studio
- Project: Pedras Salgadas Eco-Resort
- Location: Pedras Salgadas, Portugal
- Architects: Luís Rebelo de Andrade & Diogo Aguiar
- Collaborators: Madalena Rebelo de Andrade, Raquel Jorge, João Jesus
- Project Area: 1 EcoHouse — 52,92 m2 \ 12 EcoHouse2 — 635,04 m2
- Client: UNICER
- Constructor: Modular System
- Photographs: FG + SG
- Software used: ArchiCAD & Rhino
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
Article source: ABSCIS Architecten
The location of Heverlee Delek creates an oasis in which the traveller/commuter can relax within a contemporary environment to refuel, shop and eat before continuing their journey. Starting from the E40; a strong infrastructure vein, fast traffic is refined and reduced until finally distilled into quieter parking spaces and picnic areas. These areas visually meander and flow into the surrounding landscape and beyond. Central to the idea of the plan is a pedestrian axis. This directs traffic to specific areas, solely dedicated for the purpose of rest and relaxation. This ‘walking-axis’ offers the possibility for users to experience the surroundings and to pleasantly reach the service station in safety.
Image Courtesy ABSCIS Architecten
- Architects: ABSCIS Architecten
- Project: Service Station With Hotel
- Location: E40 exit Heverlee, Belgium
- Project: 1 Hotel And 2 Service Stations With a Shop, Restaurant And Cafeteria
- Client: Delek Belgium nv
- Design team: Vereniging van Studiebureaus ‘ABSCIS – PROVOOST – EDV’
- Study: 2008
- Phase: In progress
- Bruto area: 6194 m²
- Cost: € 17 894 806 excluding VAT and fees
Tuesday, January 15th, 2013
Article source: Accent Design Group
Due to the small size of the land and the lack of landscape, the main concept in this project is to introduce a fifth façade that would act as a green area. From the existing grid structure and the basic volume that result from it, vertical and horizontal shiftings are operated in order to create a roof terracing. The terraces are landscaped to provide green areas, both private for the suites and public for the common spaces of the hotel. Cantilevers and openings are created toward the surrounding views.
VIEW FROM STREET
- Architects: Accent Design Group
- Project: Aqaba Hotel
- Location: Aqaba, Jordan
- Lead Architect: Elie Abs
- Project Team: Mira Alassaad, Aline Fadous, Charbel Karam, Luana Mahfouz, Petia Ratzov
- Project Area: 17 135 Sqm
- Type: Hotel (79 Rooms)
- Materials: Stone, Wood
Sunday, January 13th, 2013
Article source: Bakers Architecten
ASR Property Development has come to an agreement with the Spanish hotel chain Room Mate Hotels regarding a 25-year tenancy agreement for the hotel at IJDock in Amsterdam. The contract was signed on Thursday April 19, 2012. The hotel with its 285 rooms is situated at the peninsula IJDock, where the Palace of Justice is also located.
View lawcourts hotel : Image Courtesy Bakers Architecten
- Architects: Bakers Architecten
- Project: Hotel IJDock
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autodesk Autocad for the design and engineering and Graphisoft Archicad for the interior
Wednesday, January 9th, 2013
Article source: MVA
The addition to an existing congress/wellness hotel is located in the thermal complex “Terme Tuhelj”, Croatia, next to the protected historical park and baroque Curia “Mihanović”. The starting point of the project was the idea of connecting all the existing and new facilities and integrating them into a new and meaningful ensemble.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Dorotić
- Architects: MVA
- Project: Hotel Well
- Location: Terme Tuhelj, Tuheljske Toplice, Croatia
- Photography: Ivan Dorotić
- Architects: MVA / Marin Mikelić, Tomislav Vreš
- Project year: 2010. – 2011.
- Construction: 2011. – 2012.
- Project Area: 12.250 m²
- Client: Terme Tuhelj d.o.o.
- Collaborators: Dubravka Perica, Ivana Krneta, Ivana Drviš, Silvija Pranjić, Sara Pavlov, Stjepan Birač (Architecture), Amalija Denich (Landscape Architecture), Tatjana Petric (Signage, Design), Iva Baković (Interior Consulting), Mateo Biluš (Building Physics), Mario Todorić, Toding (Structural Engineering), Srećko Zubak, Shema ZS (Electrical Engineering), Miroslav Janićijević, Bramini (HVAC), Nenad Šutevski, Vodotehnika (Plumbing Engineering), Željko Mužević, Flamit (Fire Protection)
Tuesday, December 11th, 2012
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
The Tianjin Hotel project is located close to the center of the city of Tianjin, a city with a population of ten million, situated approximately 120 kilometers south of Beijing in Northern China.
The building program incorporates the traditional hotel amenities such as conference rooms, restaurants, and fitness areas with a vibrant gallery for art and changing exhibitions showcasing local and international artists.
Image Courtesy HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: The Tianjin Hotel
- Location: Tianjin, China.
- Program: 250 Hotel Rooms, Restaurant, Conference Areas, Lobby, Fitness Center, Nightclub & Art Gallery.
- Type: Invited Concept Proposal.
- Size: 34,000 M2.
- Client: Confidential.
Sunday, December 9th, 2012
Article source: ZA Architects
The main idea of the project is to create a flexible and multi-purpose solution for small and medium-sized hotel business. Here we suggest a modular structrure which can be easily implemeted throughout Ukraine. If some changes in the insulation parameteres of certain details and in the layout of the hall should be made, this design can be realized in other climates as well. In terms of structure, the hotel represents a construction kit on the basis of pre-fabricated units, such as “Containex”, which have the dimensions and technical specifications of maritime shipping containers.
Image Courtesy ZA Architects
- Architects: ZA Architects
- Project: Container Hotel
- Location: Crimea, Ukraine
- Customer: “Barrel”
- Function: Hotel
- Program: Variable
- Architect: Dmitry Zhuikov
- 3D visualization: Dmitry Zhuikov
- Year: 2010
- Software used: 3D max, V-ray, Archicad, Autocad, Adobe Photosop, Adobe After Effect