Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, September 10th, 2014
Article source: Orac Decor
IN HOTEL MAJESTIC IN BARCELONA 303 ROOMS HAVE BEEN RENOVATED IN 2012. DURING THE RENOVATION, NOT LESS THAN 36.000 METERS OF ARCHITECTURAL MOULDINGS OF ORAC DECOR® HAVE BEEN USED.
Image Courtesy © Orac Decor
- Architects: Orac Decor
- Project: Hotel Majestic
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: Alessandro Pepe
1930 CITY LODGE is a design hotel in the north of Porto city. It has 3 suite rooms and 2 dormitory rooms.Using the original structure of an old existing house, the hotel was designed by changing the interior walls. Plenty of Portuguese pine wood was applied on floor, stairs and furniture and we especially developed the detail of the stair handrail.
Image Courtesy © Attilio Fiumarella
- Architects: Ren Pepe Arquitetos
- Project: 1930 City Lodge
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Attilio Fiumarella
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Project type: Design hotel
- Collaborator: Yo Irie, Lara Arribas
- Constructor: Paulo Bessa (Paulo Bessa Lda.), Manuel Silva (Manuel Ferreira da Silva, Lda), Pedro Freitas (Serralharia civil de airo de Fernando Fernandes Barbosa Pereira e filhos Lda.)
- Real estate intermediation: Ricardo Gonçalves (Nova Ponte Lda.)
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Article source: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
In their design for Le Meridien hotel, Shanghai-based firm Neri&Hu envisions a new landmark for Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan province. Henan, once the ancient political, economic and cultural center of China and home to many Emperors, today welcomes the international traveler. To showcase Henan’s history through its Arts (of Literature, Nature, Food, Theater, and Pattern) the architects conceived of the building as an “archive” of new and old artifacts that becomes a point of discovery for residents and travelers alike.
Image Courtesy © Pegenaute
- Architects: Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
- Project: Le Meridien Zhengzhou
- Location: Zhengzhou, China
- Photography: Pegenaute
- Project Type: Hospitality – Hotel Tower
- Completion Date: November 2013
- Design Period: September 2009 – November 2013
- Gross square footage: 43,000sqm
- Exterior Program: 25 storey tower structure and cladding
- Owner / Developer / Investor (Please provide all if not one company): Central China
Contractors / Consultants:
- Curtain wall contractor: Beijing Jianghe Curtain Wall Co Ltd
- Local Design Institute: South Architectural Design Institute
- Curtain wall consultant: Axis Facades, Kaiteng Curtain Wall Design Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Landscape contractor: Guangzhou Landscape Contruction Co.
- Lighting consultant: LEOX Lighting Co.
- Design Team: Lyndon Neri & Rossana Hu (principals-in-charge), Alex Mok (associate), Lina Hsieh Lee (senior architectural designer), Louise Ma (interior designer), Christina Luk (senior project manager) Dirk Weiblen, Wang Xiang, Windy Zhang, Victor Ung.
Saturday, August 9th, 2014
Article source: Anagram Architects
About: Located on a strictly linear plot, facing the scenic hills of West Bengal, the project was intended as a sustainable development, albeit retaining a sense of modernity in its overall form work.
Evolving from a basic rectangular massing segregated as public, semipublic and private spaces, the East- West orientation helped maximise daylight intake from the North Side, and an overall louvered, bamboo-based skin lends a vernacular feel to the consolidated mass.
Image Courtesy © Anagram Architects
- Architects: Anagram Architects
- Project: Hotel at Siliguri
- Location: Siliguri, India
- Client: Mr. Manu Khurana
- Typology: Hospitality
- Scope: Architecture, Interiors, Landscape
- Status: Concept
- Size: 13990 sq.ft.
- Design Team: Madhav Raman, Vaibhav Dimri, Somya Chaturvedi, Khyati Kohli, Khushboo.
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Article source: IŞIL GÜNAK TASARIM
This boutique hotel is around one of the best seaside places in Bodrum, Turkey.
Image Courtesy © Volkan Çalışır & Volga Yildiz
- Architects: IŞIL GÜNAK TASARIM
- Project: flamm HOTEL
- Location: Bodrum, Turkey
- Photography: Volga Yildiz & Volkan Çalışır
Thursday, July 10th, 2014
Article source: schmidt hammer lassen architects
The luxurious Comwell Kellers Park Hotel & Spa is located in the surroundings of Kellers Park with wooded slopes and a view of Vejle Fjord. The existing turn-of-the-century hospital building is renovated and extended with two spatious glass-clad wings floating into the beautiful landscape.
Image Courtesy © schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Architects: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Project: The luxurious Comwell Kellers Park Hotel & Spa
- Client: Kellers Park Hotelbyg P/S
- Area: 3,200 m² new build, 10,500 m² refurbishment
- Construction sum: € 27 million excl. VAT
- On commission: 2005
- Status: Construction period 2006 – 2007
- Engineer: COWI A/S
- Contractor: NCC Construction Danmark A/S
- Landscape Architect: schmidt hammer lassen architects
- Interior design: shldesign
- Other architects: To B Design
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: Provencher_Roy
Provencher_Roy Architectes has signed its name to the restoration and expansion of the Ritz-Carlton Montreal, one of the architectural heritage gems in Quebec’s largest city.
“The project involved a major contemporary updating of a heritage building,” noted Claude Provencher, senior partner in Provencher_Roy. “It was quite a challenge to provide the hundred-year-old hotel with a new face without altering its personality. And today, we are proud that we were able to help return the ‘Great Lady’ to its former glory and ensure that it will be with us for many years to come.”
Image Courtesy © Stéphane Groleau
- Architects: Provencher_Roy
- Project: Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- Location: Montreal, Canada
- Photography: Stéphane Groleau, Alexandre Parent
- HEAD OF THE PROJET: Claude Provencher, Architect, Senior partner and co-founder, Martin Vincent,Architect, Project manager
- DESIGN TEAM: ClaudeProvencher Architect, Senior partner and co-founder, EugenioCarelli, Architect, Partner, Jean-Luc Rémy, Architect, Marius Bouchard, Architect, Martin Vincent, Architect
- Project Management: Coprim
- Contractor: Pomerleau
- Inrerior Design / Hotel and rooms: Buz Design
- Inrerior Design / Residences: Pati Xenos Design(PXDI)
- PROJECT SURFACE AREA: 43 000 m2, included 12 500 m2 ofexpansion
- PROJECT FINALISATION DATE: 2013
Sunday, July 6th, 2014
Article source: OSPA | ARQUITETURA E URBANISMO
Project of an executive hotel, located near the Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport (Galeão), into Infraero concession zone. The undertaking arises from World Cup and Olympic Games lodging demand in Rio de Janeiro before, during and after these events.
Image Courtesy © Marcelo Donadussi
- Architects: OSPA | ARQUITETURA E URBANISMO
- Project: Linx Hotel International Airport Galeão
- Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
- Photography: Marcelo Donadussi
- LOT AREA: 4.800sqm
- FLOOR AREA: 7.528,44sqm
- PROJECT: 2011
- CONSTRUCTION: 2013
- Hotel Operation: Gjp Hotéis e Resorts
- ARCHITECTS IN CHARGE: Carolina Souza Pinto, Lucas Obinoand Cristiano SelbachCarneiro
- Project Architects: Carolina Souza Pinto, Lucas Obino, Cristiano Selbach Carneiro
- Project Team: André Fauri, Carlota Vázquez, Erika Hartmann, Franco Miotto, Gelson Saldanha, Louise Serraglio, Luísa Dornelles, Roberto Flores, Stefânia Pilz
- CONSTRUCTION: KlaconEngenharia
- STRUCTURAL PROJECT: Simon Engenharia
- BUILDING FOUNDATION: CassolPréFabricados
- AIR CONDITIONING: IntegrarClimatização
- ACOUSTIC: Nabinger Projetos Acústicos
- ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS: AQ Projetos
- HYDRAULIC INSTALLATIONS: AQ Projetos
- BUILDING AUTOMATION SYSTEM: Home Systems
- FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM: Sprink
- LIGHTING: Vialight
- SWIMMING POOL: Aqualar
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
Article source: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
Downtown La Paz is a new touristic and commercial development designed and built by ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea. It is located in the Mexican city with the same name, which is also the capital of Baja California Sur, right in the southern part of the Baja California peninsula with more than 250 thousand inhabitants.
Image Courtesy © ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Architects: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Project: DOWNTOWN LA PAZ
- Location: Baja California Sur, México
- Architects in change: Arq. José Lew Kirsch, Arq. Bernardo Lew Kirsch
- Area: 5000 sq m
- Construction: 10 000 sq m
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
Article source: Banker Wire
Apropoe’s, the new restaurant at Baltimore’s Marriott Waterfront, gives hotel guests and Baltimore residents a place to work and relax. Its contemporary design combines dining, lounge, meeting and bar areas in one great room-style space, divided into semi-private sections by Banker Wire mesh.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Manufacturer: Banker Wire
- Project:Marriott Waterfront Reinvents Restaurant and Lounge with Banker Wire Mesh