Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, March 30th, 2012
Article source: Mecanoo
The new Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel is situated in a prominent location alongside the access roads to the international airport terminal. Because the hotel is twisted from the plinth by 45 degrees, one of the facades faces the Ceintuurbaan. This gives the hotel not only momentum, but also a visual connection with the office strip. The building is the final chord of the staccato rhythm of the WTC towers and a welcoming icon to both the Schiphol boulevard and the Ceintuurbaan. The hotel, which features a cubic design and round edges, will differ subtly from its surroundings in both shape and facade. All surrounding buildings at the airport, mainly office buildings, have orthogonal organized facades.
Facade - evening view
- Architects: Mecanoo
- Project: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012
Article source: ILMIODESIGN
Hotel PORTAGO URBAN is the second Global Suites chain. As the name says its connotation is urban. The space is inspired by the figure of a typical English gentleman, blending style with relaxed and colorful atmosphere that permeates this central district of Granada. A series of messages stamped on the headboard and the entry invite us to relax and enjoy your stay. You always have someone next to that will give you a good night!
Interior View (Images Courtesy Alfonso Acedo)
- Architect: ILMIODESIGN
- Name of Project: Hotel Portago Urban
- Location: Granada, Spain
- Area: 1000 m2
- Year: 2012
- Photo: Alfonso Acedo
Saturday, March 24th, 2012
Article source: Rafael viNoly architects
The CityCenter Condo-Hotel, a $510 million, 1,543- room condominium-hotel, is a key component of MGM/Mirage’s new flagship development. The 1.6 million-square-foot residential hotel includes three dining facilities, pool and spa areas, and additional retail and office space. The hotel tower will be 54 stories tall, rising up to 550 feet above street level. Located at a strategic junction between the new CityCenter hotel and casino and the existing Bellagio Hotel & Casino, the project will serve as the gateway between both buildings, connecting two of MGM/Mirage’s largest and most prominent properties in Las Vegas. The project is scheduled to be completed by winter 2009.
Vdara Hotel & Spa at CityCenter
- Architects: Rafael Vinoly Architects
- Project: Vdara Hotel & Spa at CityCenter, Las Vegas
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Budget: $ 527,000,000
- Size: 1,610,000 gross square feet
- Project status: Completed
- Type: Hotel, Residential, Retail, Pool, Spa, Conference Center
- Software used: Didn’t really use anything special. Just Autocad. Did a lot of modeling in Rhino and did some sun exposure studies and renderings in 3d Studio Max as well.
Friday, March 23rd, 2012
Article source: NLA ArquItectos
The hotel building is an architectural structure designed as a whole, and possessing a unique identity and expression. this is the result of a relationship between the two main buildings: one that defines the hotel’s setting and a second one, a tower, which is mainly made up of the different residential levels. besides the fact that the connecting of the two forms has to do with the function of the hotel itself, it is above all related to a desire to be complementary on the level of the form and the architectural language, as well as a concern to be adequately integrated within the urban landscape made up of the buildings around it.
Epic Sana Luanda Hotel
- Architects: NLA Architect
- Project: Epic Sana Luanda Hotel
- Location: Luanda, Angola
- Date: 2005
- Architecture: nla – nuno leÓnIdas arquItectos, lda. – nuno leónidas, Vasco leónidas, alexandre silva fernandes
- General coordination: nla – nuno leÓnIdas arquItectos, lda. – nuno leónidas
- Interior design: nl decoração, lda.
- Client: azItrust – comércio Internacional e Investimento, lda.
- Structure: estIplano – estudos e projectos, lda.
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012
Article source: SMV Architects
The General Plan of Yerevan was created by academician Alexander Tamanian at the beginning of the 20th century was planned to be reconstructed as a city-park. But this plan was distorted and further construction was carried out by careless destruction of green area and distortion of natural landscape.
International Business Center
- Architects: SMV Architects
- Project: International Business Center with an Intercontinental Hotel
- Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Project Team: SMVH architects /Sargis Sardaryan, Ruzanna Mamyan, Anahit Hayrapetyan, Ani Veranyan
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Monday, March 19th, 2012
Article source: Söhne & Partner Architects
Seedörfl is a small collection of houses, the surrounding landscape is flat. To the northeast the federal highway B16 cuts through the fields. The two-storey folded volume of the building with its projecting snout, bedrooms on the first floor and striking perforated bands along the façade looks like a built logo. The large asphalted approach, turning and parking area and the self check-in facility in the open foyer give the building something of the flair of a motel. Rooms – from a size of only ten square meters – are reduced on a minimum which doesn’t feel small. The materials are reduced to a minimum too. The bathroom is screened by glass panes with a sliding door. As a result the red three-dimensional bathroom strip becomes an integral part of the room. Guests receive their key when they want – on the early morning or late night.
Image Courtesy Severin Wurnig
- Architects: Söhne & Partner Architects
- Project: Hotel Caldor
- Location: Seedörfl, Vienna, Austria
- Client: Martin Reichard
- Design team: Thomas Bärtl, Michael Prodinger , Guido Trampitsch
- Photography: Severin Wurnig
- Structural Engineers: Die Acht, Nasserzare
- Contractors: Electrician: Fa. RTZ, Plumber: Fa. Krobath, Joiner: Fa. Mayerhofer, Painter: Fa. Purpurrot, Drywaller: Fa. Akron, Locksmith: Fa. Zeilinger
- Built up area: 800 m2
- Construction time: 7 month
- Year of completion: 2009
Sunday, March 18th, 2012
Article source: Johannes K. Wortmann
To be confronted with a building site in the shadow of the “Sagrada Familia“ a key work of the Catalan master Antoni Gaudí, is an unique opportunity in the life of an architect.
We were perfectly aware that the particular modernist style – to be read as a Catalan version of Art Nouveau – influenced by surrealism, the colorful ornaments reflecting organic elements taken out of nature, as well as the daring structure of the cathedral, represents for the city of Barcelona the same overwhelming attraction as the Frank Gehry`s Guggenheim Museum for Bilbao.
Image Courtesy Stefan Müller
- Architects: Johannes K. Wortmann
- Project: Hotel Ayre Rosellón. 4* and 105 rooms
- Location: Rosellón, 390, Barcelona, Spain
- Promoter: ALCOTAS S.L (Operated by: Ayre Hoteles)
- Project year: 2009
- Co-authors: Guillermo Bañares, Carlos Narváez
- Consultants: Juan Almendro Ferrer (HVAC), BOMA (Structure), TRAM (executive site management), José Luís Vázquez (client project management), Michela Mezzavila (lighting), Lucho Marcial + AVA Studio (Interior Design)
- Collaborators: Serenella di Dio, Ava Costa, Laia Capellades
- Construction company: COPCISA
- Surface: 5.208 m2 (above ground level)
- Photographs: Stefan Müller
- Software used: AutoCAD
Friday, March 9th, 2012
Article source: MDW Architecture and Ateliers Jean Nouvel
HOTEL DE POLICE & EXTENSION OF CHARLEROI/DANSES WINS FOR THE MIPIM AWARDS 2012 ‘BEST FUTURA PROJECT’
The new Police headquarters and the extension of Charleroi/Danses has just won the MIPIM Awards 2012 in the ‘Best Futura Project’ category. The winner – chosen by a jury and by public vote – has been announced tonight in Cannes during the MIPIM Award Ceremony. The City of Charleroi has commissioned the CFE group to design, build, finance and maintain this ambitious project conceived by the Ateliers Jean Nouvel and MDW ARCHITECTURE.
Thursday, March 1st, 2012
Article source: EcoHouse Construction
What began as a development for Enron Corp executives, a townhouse project was redesigned and re-imaged even before completion into a boutique modern hotel. It was named one of 16 hippest hotels by Dwell Magazine soon after it opened its doors.
Night - Photography by Paul Hester - http://www.photogypsies.com/
- Architects: EcoHouse Construction
- Project: Modern B&B
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Architect Design: Rodney Collins
- Photographs: Paul Hester
- Software used: The design software was pivotal to the design. It was ArchiCad by Graphisoft.
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Article source: Urbanplunger
…let me see you stripped…
The project by the young architectural studio Urban plunger has been recently awarded the third prize in the Night Club Hotel in Hong Kong international competition. The main idea is to create a suspended building structure to comply with the extremely compact planning in Hong Kong. The whole structure is elevated above the ground by leaning on the nearby buildings.
- Architect: Urbanplunger
- Project name: Night Club Hotel in Hong Kong
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Area: 20,000 square meters
- Competition date: 2011
- Competition scale: International competition
- Place in the competition: 3rd prize
- Design team: Eugene Liashuk, Tatiana Keskevich, Alexsandr Kuzmianchuk.