Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Article source: Grow Arquitectos
This mixed-use project has as integration axis the following areas: commercial, residential, health services and a hotel. We decided to make the 3 levels out of plumb and complement it with an important area of public space, an outdoor park surrounded by terraces and restaurants with different specialties.
Image Courtesy © Grow Arquitectos
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: 3XN
Copenhagen’s Rigshospitalet, Denmark’ s leading hospital, recently inaugurated its new Patient Hotel and Administrative Building, designed by 3XN Architects. 3XN designed the 7,400m2 building as an open, supportive and comfortable environment for patients, as well as an efficient work environment for the hospital’s administrative staff. The Patient Hotel offers 74 rooms on the three lower floors, while administrative offices comprise floors three to six.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mork
- Architects: 3XN
- Project: PATIENT HOTEL
- Location: Juliane Maries Vej 18, DK-2100 Copenhagen
- Photography: Adam Mork
- Client: Rigshospitalet, Region H
- Total Advisor: Aarhus Architects
- Engineer: Grontmij
- Landscape Architects: Kirstine Jensen
- Interior: Rigshospitalet, Region H
- Facade: Facade appears as a horizontal relief clad in the bright natural stone, Jura Gelb.
- Floors: 6 (plus basement)
- Size: 8.000m2 (Basement approximately 1,100 m2)
- Construction Start: January 2014
- Completed: August 2015
- Official opening: August 21, 2015
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: PROD architecture & design
Paço de Vitorino is a manor house located in the north of Portugal that has been in the same family since the mid-16th century. It’s history is marked several relevant events. The most outstanding dates from the mid-18th century when a major intervention occurred according to baroque canons. The resulting structure is characterized by a three stories main house on the east side, two lateral wings on the north and south side and a small chapel along the entrance wall on the west. These elements delineate a central large yard defined by adorned facades.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: PROD architecture & design
- Project: Paço de Vitorino Hotel
- Location: Vitorino das Donas, Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects in charge: Paulo and Susana Lago de Carvalho
- Collaborators: Fernando Paiva, Paulo Borlido, Carlos João and Pedro Paiva
- Academic work: Miguel Araújo, Paulo Carvalho, Pedro Ribeiro and Susana Correia
- Engineering: SprenPlan Engenharia, Vaproj and Pcgem
- Landscape Architecture: Marta Malheiro (Piso Térreo Arquitectura Paisagista)
- Decoration: Margarida Lobo Nazareth
- Site total area: 44.000 sqm.
- Total construction area: 1.852 sqm.
- General Contractor: Salvador Fernandes & Filhos Lda.
- Project: June 2010 – May 2014
- Construction: July 2014 – October 2015
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
Italian architecture practice Studio Fuksas has completed the largest building in Rome in over 50 years. Opening to the public in October 2016, the New Rome /EUR Convention Centre and Hotel ‘the Cloud’ is a €239 million earthquake proof complex that has taken 18 years of planning and construction. It will host auditoriums, exhibition spaces and a hotel – amassing 55,000 square metres in new public space. Through both trade and tourism, the convention centre is expected to bring in between 300 – 400 million euros annually to the city of Rome.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: New Rome /EUR Convention Centre and Hotel ‘the Cloud’
- Location: Rome-Eur, Italy
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti and Moreno Maggi
- Model and Sketches: Francesco Colarossi and Archivio Fuksas
- Client: Eur SpA
- Interior design: Fuksas Design
- General contractor: Società Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua SpA
- Engineering: Plans: A. I. Engineering, Torino
- Structures: Studio Majowiecki; Studio Sarti
- Safety: Studio Sarti
- Acoustics: XU – Acoustique, Parigi, A.I. Engineering, Torino
- Lighting consulting: Speirs& Major Associates, Edinburgh, London
- Initial Cost Estimate: € 276.000.000 (year: 2007)
- Final Cost: € 239.000.000 (October 2016)
- Built surface: 55,000 sq. m.
- Period: 1998-2016
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Article source: Emilio Tuñón Architects
The new Atrio Relais-Châteaux, located at San Mateo Square in Caceres, tries to think the city departing from the principles that made it possible in the first place. It tries to imagine how such thing can be carried out in our time, enabling contemporary architecture to stand side by side the historic core, with respect and dignity.
Image Courtesy © Luis Asín
- Architects: Emilio Tuñón Architects
- Project: Atrio Relais Châteaux Hotel and Restaurant
- Location: Cáceres, Spain
- Photography: Luis Asín
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: Snøhetta
Snøhetta has won the invited design competition for a new hotel on the Hakaniemi waterfront in Helsinki, Finland. Snøhetta’s design proposal, Hilbert’s Hotel, was announced as the winning entry during a press conference in Helsinki on February 1, following a competition arranged last year by AB invest A/S, the City of Helsinki, and the Finnish Association of Architect.
Image Courtesy © Snøhetta
- Architects: Snøhetta
- Project: Hilbert’s Hotel
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: Enviro Tec
Sweeping 250 metres along a bustling beachside street, the Sahid Kuta Lifestyle Resort offers a new lifestyle hub typology. The project covers 3.2 hectares and contains two zones: the ‘Beachwalk’ retail lifestyle hub, and the five-star Sheraton Hotel Kuta Bali resort. The design concept was inspired by the terraced paddy fields that dot the Balinese landscape.
Image Courtesy © Enviro Tec
- Architects: Enviro Tec
- Project: Sahid Kuta Lifestyle Resort
- Location: Bali, Indonesia
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: Mei architects and planners
The new headquarters of regional radio and television station RTV Rijnmond is phase 4a in the redevelopment of the Schiecentrale on Lloydstraat in Rotterdam. The building, which houses not only RTV Rijnmond but also other firms, forms the heart of the audio-visual sector in Rotterdam along with Schiecentrale, the 25kV building, STROOM hotel and restaurant, and the new building of phase 4b.
Image Courtesy © Mei architects and planners
- Architects: Mei architects and planners
- Project: Kraton 230
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Client: Rotterdam City Development Corporation Rotterdam
- Construction cost: € 10,000,000
- Programme: 10,000 m2
- Completion: 2007
Thursday, February 9th, 2017
Article source: Guiraud-Manenc Architectural SARL
Located on the Landes de Juzan campus in Anglet, the Activity Generator proposed by the Côte-Basque-Adour Agglomeration is a place where innovative young companies can be found, encouraging interdisciplinary cross-fertilization between academic research and industrial knowledge.
This business hotel is set in an urban wasteland, open on a wood and a protected estey in the heart of the Basque coast Adour. The building is a reflection of the dialogue between this landscaped site and the program.
Image Courtesy © Guiraud-Manenc Architectural SARL
- Architects: Guiraud-Manenc Architectural SARL
- Project: Innovative Companies Hotel
- Location: Anglet 64, France
- Client: Agglomératon Côte-Basque-Adour
- Constructon economist: BETIKO
- Landscaping: Trouillot & Hermel
- Ergonome: Anteis
- Structural and envelope consultants: TERRELL
- HQE design ofce: AI environnement
- HVAC fuids, electricity: Atlantc Map
- VRD ofce: IMS
- OPC : Rodolphe Guérin
- Budget: building 2,820,000 € excluding taxes, special foundatons: 230,0000 € excl. Tax, VRD with
- Area: 1,799 m2 SDP + 500 m2 of semi-buried parking (SHON RT: 1,238 m2)
- Phase: competton winner in 2013, Delivery July 2016 opening of site April 2015
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Puro is an iconic 22 room boutique hotel located in the heart of La Lonja, in the historical center of Palma.
Adapting itself to the different existing buildings, the hotel has an irregular configuration. The refurbishment project by OHLAB takes advantage of that complexity as a potential tool to generate unexpected and unique spaces where each room is different from each other. The project solves every room with individualized and unique layouts and solutions. The selection of natural and local materials emphasizing the Mediterranean essence has been very important. Another important focus has been the conception of the bathrooms as spaces for pleasure, spacious and integrated with the bedrooms, with generous, sculptural and freestanding bathtubs placed in the bedrooms just as another piece of furniture.
Room, Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: OHLAB (Paloma Hernaiz and Jaime Oliver)
- Project: Puro Hotel
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Interior Design: OHLAB
- OHLAB team: Paloma Hernaiz and Jaime Oliver with Rebeca Lavín, José Allona, Amaia Barazar, Rosa Fuentes, Silvia Morais, Manuela Sánchez
- Project Management: Paloma Hernaiz, Jaime Oliver (architects), Jorge Ramón (quantity surveyor)
- Art work: Pedro Oliver