Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Friday, June 9th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architects, along with the developer, Rachel Julien, officially kicked off the start of construction of Phase 1 of the Laurent & Clark residential condo project.
Image Courtesy © Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architectes
- Architects: Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architectes
- Project: Laurent & Clark Breaks
- Location: Montréal, Canada
- Le Clark:
- Floor Areas: 330 à 2560 square feet
- 21 Floors
- Total of 159 condos
- Le Laurent
- Floor Areas: 291 à 2580 square feet
- 25 Floors
- Total of 170 condos
Friday, June 9th, 2017
Article source: Himematsu Architecture
We renovate EPURONTEI, which is Hotel in Uchiumi Miyazaki-City Miyazaki Japan.
The site exists on mountain slope facing pacific ocean. It takes half-hour to reach the site from Miyazaki city center by car.
The building is composed of Hotel & restaurant surrounded by natural environment.
Image Courtesy © Himematsu Architecture
- Architects: Himematsu Architecture
- Project: Epurontei
- Location: 7493 Uchiumi Miyazaki-city, Miyazaki, Japan
- Client: Epurontei
- Principal: Shinichiro Himematsu
- Construction: K2. co
- Lighting: KOIZUMI
- Renovation Floor Area: 132 sqm
- Site Area: 2409 sqm
- Completion: September 2016
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: LMN Architects
SEATTLE—LMN Architects, a multidisciplinary design firm with a reputation for distinctive, community-focused projects, announces the topping out of the building podium for the new Hyatt Regency in downtown Seattle.
Positioned at the nexus of Seattle’s downtown commercial, convention, and high-rise residential neighborhoods, the 1,400,000-square-foot Hyatt Regency Seattle synthesizes a diverse mix of urban influences into a skyline-scaled, mixed-use building. The tower’s monolithic composition will provide a bold, yet quiet, counterpoint to the highly articulated neighboring towers; its ethereal exterior conceived to dissolve and merge into the silvery sky as it rises above surrounding buildings.
Image Courtesy © LMN Architects
- Architects: LMN Architects
- Project: Hyatt Regency
- Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
- Developer: R. C. Hedreen Co.
- Hotel room, tower lobby interior design: Zena Design Group
- Contractor: Sellen Construction
- Hotel brand: Hyatt Regency
Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
This mixed-use project for offices and a hotel is located in the heart of the city of Guadalajara. Its formal, emphatic, and unified volumetrics express its iconic nature.
The formal concept arises from the mixed-use character it will acquire, consisting of four stacked geometric volumes. Two of these are slightly offset, and exactly aligned on the rear face. These gestures of displacement are designed to interrupt the robustness of the building and express an elegant sense of movement. The lowest volume houses the hotel, and the three volumes above it are allocated to office use by three different corporations, each occupying one volume in its entirety.
Image Courtesy © Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos, photo by Rafael Gamo
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: Américas 1500
- Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Boris Pena
- Project Manager: Andrés Harfuch
- Production Manager: Cándido Hernández
- Design Team: Juan Marin de la Plaza, Miguel Baranda, Abraham Gracía, Luis A. Cabello
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
Article source: noa* – network of architecture
The Hotel Hubertus is located in Valdaora, at the foot of the famous ski and hiking area Kronplatz in the Puster Valley at an altitude of about 1350 m. The family establishment was generously enhanced and enlarged with 16 new suites, a new kitchen with restaurants and “Stuben”, an entrance area with lobby, reception and wine cellar and a fitness and a relaxation room with panoramic terraces. The new 25 m long pool, functioning as a connector between old and new, underlines the essence of this comprehensive renovation and renewal project.
Image Courtesy © noa* – network of architecture
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
Article source: DREIMETA GmbH & Co. KG
With its dual concept between a hostel and a hotel the Superbude I in Hamburg attracts a broad-range target group. Its location in the centre of the hip district „Schanze“ enables a surprisingly unconventional design.
Our task was to further develop and design the successful concept „Superbude“. This included designing the „Buden“, a colloquial word used for the rooms in this hotel, as well as the public areas such as the lobby, bar and shop etc. The hotel / hostel is in a listed building, once a Deutsche Post switching centre at the turn of the century. For this reason the staircases were restored true to the original.
Image Courtesy © Steve Herud
- Architects: DREIMETA GmbH & Co. KG
- Project: Superbude 2
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Photography: Steve Herud
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Involved: Judy Hänel, Andrea Kraft, Britta Kleweken
- No of rooms: 88 + Suite
- Designed: 2010-12
- Opening: February 2012
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Zooco Estudio
The Azul Hotel is located in the seaside village of Suances (Cantabria) next to the Playa de la Cocha and close to Playa de Los Locos.
The project to remodel the Hotel Blue Suances (Cantabria) emerged from the proposal to transform the old gastronomic space dedicated to weddings in a multipurpose room place, where they had different spaces: the café, restaurant and even the halldel hotel.
Image Courtesy © Orlando Gutierrez
- Architects: Zooco Estudio
- Project: Hotel Azul
- Location: Suances, Cantabria
- Photography: Orlando Gutierrez
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Dominique Perrault Architecture
The design of the two high-rise towers for the Donau-City in Vienna represents the concluding phase of a development extending over several decades: on what was originally a municipal rubbish tip the UNO-City was erected (1973–1979), tentative plans to hold the 1995 Vienna-Budapest EXPO here were soon abandoned, as a result architects Krischanitz and Neumann (commissioned by WED AG) produced an urban design masterplan for the area in 1992. The outcome is an entirely new urban district with a diverse range of functions.
Image Courtesy © VIENNE DCTOWER
- Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Project: DC Towers I + II
- Location: Donau-City, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Michael Nagl and VIENNE DCTOWER
- Client: WED (Wiener Entwicklungsgesellschaft für den Donauraum AG)
- Associated architect: Hoffmann & Janz Architectes
- Engineering: Perrault Projets (architectural engineering ), Bollinger & Grohmann, Gmeiner Haferl Zivilingenieure ZT GmbH (structure), Werner Sobek Ingenieure (façades), ZFG – Projekt (fluids), Dr Pfeiler GmbH (Bauphysik), TB Eipeldauer & Partner GmbH (electricity), AXIS Ingenieursleistungen ZT GmbH (VRD), Wacker Ingenieure (wind study)
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
CAZA’s inaugural project in Colombia, La 100 is comprised of a cluster of high-end offices, hotels, and residential buildings in one of the city’s most densely populated areas. Each building is a unique color, playing off the long-held tradition of building with vibrantly pigmented bricks in Colombia. The backside of each building has a series of terraces that look out towards the Cerros mountain range. Throughout this expansive complex of mixed-use towers are a series of parks and public areas that unify the people and activities that occupy this fast-changing Bogota neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © CAZA
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: La 100
- Location: Bogota, Colombia
- Project Team: Carlos Arnaiz, Laura Del Pino
- Status: Concept Design (more…)
Friday, May 5th, 2017
Article source: SEFAR® Architecture
On the northern coast of Columbia lies the port city Cartagena, site of Hotel Charleston. Located within walls designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Hotel Charleston courtyard is now completely covered with a retractable fabric canopy courtesy of SEFAR® Architecture and Uni-Systems, LLC.
Image Courtesy © SEFAR® Architecture
- Architects: SEFAR® Architecture
- Project: TENARA® Fabric Transforms Courtyard at Hotel Charleston
- Location: South Carolina, USA