Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Article source: Emilio Tuñón Architects
The new Atrio Relais-Châteaux, located at San Mateo Square in Caceres, tries to think the city departing from the principles that made it possible in the first place. It tries to imagine how such thing can be carried out in our time, enabling contemporary architecture to stand side by side the historic core, with respect and dignity.
Image Courtesy © Luis Asín
- Architects: Emilio Tuñón Architects
- Project: Atrio Relais Châteaux Hotel and Restaurant
- Location: Cáceres, Spain
- Photography: Luis Asín
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: Snøhetta
Snøhetta has won the invited design competition for a new hotel on the Hakaniemi waterfront in Helsinki, Finland. Snøhetta’s design proposal, Hilbert’s Hotel, was announced as the winning entry during a press conference in Helsinki on February 1, following a competition arranged last year by AB invest A/S, the City of Helsinki, and the Finnish Association of Architect.
Image Courtesy © Snøhetta
- Architects: Snøhetta
- Project: Hilbert’s Hotel
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: Enviro Tec
Sweeping 250 metres along a bustling beachside street, the Sahid Kuta Lifestyle Resort offers a new lifestyle hub typology. The project covers 3.2 hectares and contains two zones: the ‘Beachwalk’ retail lifestyle hub, and the five-star Sheraton Hotel Kuta Bali resort. The design concept was inspired by the terraced paddy fields that dot the Balinese landscape.
Image Courtesy © Enviro Tec
- Architects: Enviro Tec
- Project: Sahid Kuta Lifestyle Resort
- Location: Bali, Indonesia
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: Mei architects and planners
The new headquarters of regional radio and television station RTV Rijnmond is phase 4a in the redevelopment of the Schiecentrale on Lloydstraat in Rotterdam. The building, which houses not only RTV Rijnmond but also other firms, forms the heart of the audio-visual sector in Rotterdam along with Schiecentrale, the 25kV building, STROOM hotel and restaurant, and the new building of phase 4b.
Image Courtesy © Mei architects and planners
- Architects: Mei architects and planners
- Project: Kraton 230
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Client: Rotterdam City Development Corporation Rotterdam
- Construction cost: € 10,000,000
- Programme: 10,000 m2
- Completion: 2007
Thursday, February 9th, 2017
Article source: Guiraud-Manenc Architectural SARL
Located on the Landes de Juzan campus in Anglet, the Activity Generator proposed by the Côte-Basque-Adour Agglomeration is a place where innovative young companies can be found, encouraging interdisciplinary cross-fertilization between academic research and industrial knowledge.
This business hotel is set in an urban wasteland, open on a wood and a protected estey in the heart of the Basque coast Adour. The building is a reflection of the dialogue between this landscaped site and the program.
Image Courtesy © Guiraud-Manenc Architectural SARL
- Architects: Guiraud-Manenc Architectural SARL
- Project: Innovative Companies Hotel
- Location: Anglet 64, France
- Client: Agglomératon Côte-Basque-Adour
- Constructon economist: BETIKO
- Landscaping: Trouillot & Hermel
- Ergonome: Anteis
- Structural and envelope consultants: TERRELL
- HQE design ofce: AI environnement
- HVAC fuids, electricity: Atlantc Map
- VRD ofce: IMS
- OPC : Rodolphe Guérin
- Budget: building 2,820,000 € excluding taxes, special foundatons: 230,0000 € excl. Tax, VRD with
- Area: 1,799 m2 SDP + 500 m2 of semi-buried parking (SHON RT: 1,238 m2)
- Phase: competton winner in 2013, Delivery July 2016 opening of site April 2015
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Puro is an iconic 22 room boutique hotel located in the heart of La Lonja, in the historical center of Palma.
Adapting itself to the different existing buildings, the hotel has an irregular configuration. The refurbishment project by OHLAB takes advantage of that complexity as a potential tool to generate unexpected and unique spaces where each room is different from each other. The project solves every room with individualized and unique layouts and solutions. The selection of natural and local materials emphasizing the Mediterranean essence has been very important. Another important focus has been the conception of the bathrooms as spaces for pleasure, spacious and integrated with the bedrooms, with generous, sculptural and freestanding bathtubs placed in the bedrooms just as another piece of furniture.
Room, Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: OHLAB (Paloma Hernaiz and Jaime Oliver)
- Project: Puro Hotel
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Interior Design: OHLAB
- OHLAB team: Paloma Hernaiz and Jaime Oliver with Rebeca Lavín, José Allona, Amaia Barazar, Rosa Fuentes, Silvia Morais, Manuela Sánchez
- Project Management: Paloma Hernaiz, Jaime Oliver (architects), Jorge Ramón (quantity surveyor)
- Art work: Pedro Oliver
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: OMA
Located on a majestic stretch of beach in the heart of Miami Beach, Faena District encompasses both sides of Collins Avenue from 32nd to 35th Streets, with direct waterfront views of the Atlantic Ocean and Indian Creek. Faena District will provide the city of Miami Beach with a neighborhood integrating dynamic cultural, residential, hotel, retail, culinary and public environments with a dynamic combination of art, culture, and design as their foundation. OMA has designed three buildings for Faena District—Faena Forum, Faena Bazaar and Park. These distinct structures are linked by a sequence of public areas including an entry plaza on Collins Avenue and an open courtyard within the Faena Bazaar.
Faena District, Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Faena Forum, Faena Bazaar and Park
- Location: Miami Beach, Florida, USA
- Photography: Bruce Damonte, Iwan Baan and Philippe Ruault
- Renderings: DBox
- Partners: Shohei Shigematsu, Jason Long
- Associate-in-Charge: Jake Forster
- Project Architect: Clarisa Garcia Fresco, Paxton Sheldhal
- Team: Clarisa Garcia Fresco, Lawrence Siu, Francesca Portesine, Ravi Kamisetti, Ted Lin, Jesung Park, Anupama Garla, Andy Westner, Daniel Queseda Lombo, Andrew Mack, Caroline Corbett, Denis Bondar, Ahmadreza Schricker, Darien Williams, Gabrielle Marcoux, Marcela Ferreira, Jenni Ni Zhan, Lisa Hollywood, Paul Tse, Sarah Carpenter, Carla Hani, Sean Billy Kizy, Simona Solarzano, Ivan Sergejev, Tamara Levy, Matthew Austin, Ben Halpern
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Steven Christensen Architecture of Santa Monica, California has been named a winner in the first annual AAP American Architecture Prize, which recognizes the most outstanding architecture worldwide.
The design for Liepāja Thermal Bath and Hotel originates from a keen interest in the formal associations of the dome throughout architectural history, and more precisely, its role within the typology of the public bath.
South Elevation, Image Courtesy © Steven Christensen Architecture
- Architects: Steven Christensen Architecture
- Project: Liepāja Thermal Bath
- Location: Liepāja, Latvia
- Software used: Rhino, Vray, and Photoshop
- Team: Steven Christensen (Principal), Devon Montminy, Cori Gunderson, Ingrid Lao
- Status: Competition Entry
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: Sunshine PR
Beijing Tongying Center InterContinental Hotel lies in the heart of Sanlitun, Beijing – a prime location for fashion and culture. During the day, it is crowded with people, its night is as bright as the daytime and bustling sounds and gorgeous colors fill the city with din and luxury.
Focusing on fashion, technology and future development, InterContinental strives to create a fashion lifestyle flagship store in a new yuppie style.
Hotel Facade Entrance, Image Courtesy © Zhang Da-Qi
- Lighting Design Company: GD-Lighting Design
- Project: Beijing Tongying Center InterContinental Hotel
- Location: Sanlitun, Beijing, China
- Photography: Zhi Xia
- Investor: Beijing Topwin Real Estate Co., Ltd
- Hotel Management: IHG
- Chief Designer: Yenchin Wang
- Design Team: Tim Cheng, Hui Ren, Xin Qi
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Article source: Sunshine PR
Xiangzhou, located in the center of Guangxi, is known for the local hot spring which has centuries of history, and is being referred to as “the Best Hot Spring in South Central China”. Silkgarden Resort and Spa, is situated at this pastoral scene, which is described with the verse “Fairy water falls on earth, and beautiful scenery is looming in the mist. Out of the client’s trust, the designer is invited to take full control of the whole project from overall planning, to architecture design, landscape design and interior design.
Entrance, Image Courtesy © Jing Xu-Feng
- Architects: Rongor Design & Consultant
- Project: Guangxi Silkgarden Resort and Spa
- Location: Xiangzhou, Guangxi, China
- Photography: Jing Xu-Feng
- Designer: QIN Yue-Ming
- Cooperative Company: Shenzhen Urbanspace Architecture & Landscape Designing Consultants Co., Ltd, Newspace Design, D+D Associates
- Developer: Guangxi Silkgarden Resort and Spa Development Co., Ltd
- Area: 25000 m2