Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
Our ambition was to rethink the concept of a boutique hotel and tropical architecture for the 21st century. Embracing the lush climate, but drawing attention inward, the bulbous design comprises a stack of interlocking rings producing a continual, rhythmic cycle of entertainment and relaxation through terraces, roof gardens, and hotel amenities. The experience moves from communal, recreational spaces in the central enclosure to a collection of bespoke guest rooms along the upper reaches of the building.
Image Courtesy © Frank Callaghan
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: Hue Hotel
- Location: Boracay, Philippines
- Photography: Frank Callaghan
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, Adobe CS, 3dS Max
Thursday, November 16th, 2017
Article source: Triptyque
The group of architects Triptyque, Duncan Lewis, Oxo and Parc with the Compagnie de Phalsbourg alongside Engie Avenue, Encoders & Company, Hertel Investissement win the “Le Coteau” site in Arcueil (France), as part as the public contest “Inventons la Métropole du Grand Paris”.
A new South gate for the Metropole du Grand Paris
The site “Le Coteau” is an exceptional location at the southern entrance of the metropolis. Overhanging the A6, Paris and its monuments, it benefits from metropolitan accessibility – A6, RER B, and in the near future, lines 14 and 15 of the Grand Paris Express – and is at the heart of important health and digital economy clusters.
Image Courtesy © Triptyque
- Architects: Triptyque (Duncan Lewis Scape Architecture, Parc Architectes, OXO Architectes)
- Project: Ecotone
- Location: Paris, France
- Landscaping: Atelier Georges
- Scientific Committee: the National Museum of Natural History, the CEEBIOS (center of excellence in biomimicry of Senlis), CIBI and Lab Crigen (Engie), Novobiom (clearance), Innoside, SAS Oxipio (start-up logistics), EPEA Paris (eco circ.), Les Bergers Urbaubs (urban agriculture.)
- Engineering / Acoustics: Elan (BET DD), Lamoureux Acoustics (BET Acoustics), Arcadis ESG (BET structure).
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: CRUZ Y ORTIZ ARCHITECTS
Since 1953 the Ambassade Hotel resides in Amsterdam, on the Herengracht and Singel, occupying an ensemble of 17th century canal houses. In the sequence of time the hotel implemented several improvements, always being faithful to the concept of an intimate and comfortable hotel: a place where guests feel at home.
Image Courtesy © Ronald Tilleman-Jose Manuel Alorda
- Architects: CRUZ Y ORTIZ ARCHITECTS
- Project: Hotel Ambassade
- Location: Herengracht 341. 1016 AZ, Amsterdam, Holland
- Photography: Ronald Tilleman-Jose Manuel Alorda
- Client: Ambassade Hotel
- Collaborators: Giordano Baly, Alicia López, Alex Etxeberria
- Contractors: Krämer Bouw, Gielissen Interiors
- Main building: Brasserie: 177,65 m2 – Public areas: 114,00 m2 – Bar: 74,07 m2
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
Being designed jointly by AB Concept, AFSO and CCD(Cheng Chung Design (HK)), GZ Conrad is doomed to be exceptional since the very beginning.
As the designer of the 309 guest rooms, CCD provides a good view of the river which takes in the thousand years’ prosperity of this city and the skyline which witnesses its international development. Moreover, using modern design technique of “merging feeling with scenery”, it “wakes up” the daily Lingnan which is buried deep in history… what the guestroom design of GZ Conrad tells is the humanity landscape of traditional Xiguan residences; it is to show respect to the history of this city.
Image Courtesy © CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Architects: CCD/ Cheng Chung Design (HK)
- Project: GZ Conrad Hotel
- Location: No. 222, Xingmin Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China
- Area: Total gross floor area: 52,870.11㎡; indoor area: 38,480㎡
- Design Time: 2013
- Completion Time: 2017
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: Ministry of Design
The VUE Hotel brand exemplifies the new wave of locally-rooted boutique hospitality experiences, a global cultural phenomenon now finding roots in China. “VUE” in French means “view” or “a way to see” and VUE hotels aspire to present a fresh way of “seeing” hospitality design and experiences. VUE’s DNA upends conventional Chinese notions of hospitality and is defined by 4 core pillars: 1. Encourages Socialising; 2. Transcendence of culture; 3. Delightful & Whimsical; 4. Relaxed & Inviting.
Image Courtesy © Ministry of Design
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: InterContinental Hotels Group
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, proudly announces the opening of the InterContinental® Los Angeles Downtown hotel. As the tallest building west of Chicago, the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown hotel forever elevates the Los Angeles skyline at 1,100 feet and 73 stories.
Image Courtesy © InterContinental Hotels Group
- Architects: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Project: The InterContinental(R) Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Elevates Luxury To New Heights
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The Bund Finance Centre – a major new mixed-use development jointly designed by Foster + Partners and Heatherwick Studio – is set to revitalise Shanghai’s waterfront. Occupying a prominent site on the Bund, the buildings define the ‘end point’ to Shanghai’s most famous street. The 420,000-square metre masterplan is highly permeable for pedestrians, with the design conceived as a point of connection between the old town and the new financial district.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: The Bund Finance Centre Shanghai
- Location: Shanghai, China
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Article source: O2 Studio
Albergo Villa Marta, a hotel near Lucca in Tuscany, has on its land a Neo Gothic church from the XVIII century. This incredible church was used as storage space until O2 Studio was asked to transform it into a hotel suite.
Image Courtesy © Albergo Villa Marta
- Architects: O2 Studio
- Project: Chapel Suite Albergo Villa Marta
- Location: Albergo Villa Marta, Lucca, Italy
- Photography: Albergo Villa Marta
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, InDesign
- Project team: Lucía Giménez Puerta, Tjerk van de Wetering, Mariska Palsgraaf
- Project Year: 2017
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Article source: concrete
The first Zoku is now open for business in the heart of Amsterdam. The new workmeetsplay hotel concept has been created for the global nomad. Zoku creates a new category – a homeoffice hybrid, also suitable for long stays, with the services of a hotel and the social buzz of a thriving neighbourhood.
Image Courtesy © ewout huibers
- Architects: concrete
- Project: Zoku Amsterdam
- Location: weesperstraat 105, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Photography: ewout huibers
- Project team: rob wagemans, maarten de geus, ulrike lehner, ayca dogan, bart de beer, murk wymenga, sofie ruytenberg, femke zumbrink, jolijn vonk, cathelijne vreugdenhil, matthijs hombergen, jeroen vester, paula gäbel, joyce kelder, erik van dillen
- Concept development: Zoku in collaboration with concrete
- Total area: 5,800 m2
- Duration construction: 18 months
- Opening: may 2016
Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Article source: m12 AD
Dhermi, a quaint village in the south of Albania, halfway between the two nodal points of the national tourist flows, Valona and Saranda, will see in 2019 the birth of a new 5-star hotel, the Empire Resort Hotel, a modern structure that will add value to the hamlet, already famous for its green terraces and crystal clear waters.
Image Courtesy © m12 AD
- Architects: m12 AD
- Project: Empire Resort Hotel
- Location: Dhermi, Albania
- Software used: ArchiCAD