Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Thursday, September 8th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Aedas designs for Chinese publishing giant Xinhua Bookstore on Chinese proverb ‘Knowledge brings wealth’
Designed by Aedas, Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group Jiefangbei Book City Mixed-use Project is a dynamic complex that encompasses a sky cultural plaza, retails, apartments, offices and a boutique hotel in the Jiefangbei Central Business District, the heart of downtown Chongqing. Aedas draws design inspiration from an ancient Chinese prose ‘Knowledge brings wealth’ to integrate book with the cultural elements of Chongqing, creating an interactive commercial complex with Xinhua Bookstore sitting at the core of the podium.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group Jiefangbei Book City Mixed-use Project
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Client: Chongqing Xinhua Bookstore Group, Chongqing Xinhua Media Ltd., Chongqing North Green Industry Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross floor area: 153,980 square metres
- Completion year: 2020
Friday, September 2nd, 2016
Article source: Architectures David Tajchman
The Gran Mediterraneo is an innovative concept of High-Rise that integrates a public automated car-park, operates as the first induction charging station for public and shared electric driverless vehicles in the city (future ‘sherut’), and mixes programs of vertical living: residential apartments and hotel, bars and restaurants, farming and public gardens, swimming pools and dead sea spas, co-working spaces for offices and start-ups, educational and events spaces. Innovative also with its topological geometry giving a spiral effect to the high-rise, the Gran Mediterraneo breaks with the global and usual stacking of horizontal slabs wrapped with mirrored glass, aiming to renew Tel Aviv skyline with a ‘Unesco proclaimed white city’ specific vertical architecture. To be built with white concrete, using the latest construction and digital technologies, the curvy high-rise is filled with mediterranean and dead sea natures.
Image Courtesy © Architectures David Tajchman
- Architects: Architectures David Tajchman
- Project: Gran Mediterraneo
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
- Design team: Luc izri, David tajchman
- Year: March 2016
- Status: Ongoing
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
Article source: OOIIO Architecture
We propose to create a frame-building ,despite containing a large amount of built volume, thanks to its peculiar shape, serves to add value to the landscape seen through it, and not interrupt the view.
Image Courtesy © OOIIO Architecture
Friday, August 19th, 2016
Article source: PLASMA Studio
Located on a steep hillside in the Italian Dolomites, this newly-built hotel was developed as a free-flowing topography–indexed and organized by a series of timber strips–and the serial sequence of apartment units perpendicular to it.
Image Courtesy © PLASMA Studio
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: CM Mimarlik
A winery that takes place in Çanakkale’s Eceabat district in Gelibolu… The architectural project belongs to Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership, which is one of the well established architectural offices in Turkey.We commenced our interior architectural project following the start of the construction phase of the building. We had the advantage of working within a relatively good timing, in presence of Dilgün Saklar and Mehmet Emin Çakırkaya from Tekeli-Sisa Office.
Image Courtesy © Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership
- Architectural Design: Tekeli-Sisa Architectural Partnership
- Project: Vinero Winery and Hotel
- Location: Çanakkale, Turkey
- Interior design: CM Mimarlik
- Designer: Cem Sorguç
- Design Team: Cem Sorguç, Elvan Çakıt, Özlem Yılmaz, Gizem Candemir, Deniz Gezgin, Amina Rezoug
- Project Area: 16.000 sqm
- Project Date: 2012 – 2015
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: Kengo Kuma & Associates
Ginzan Onsen is known in the other there is no example in the unique landscape. Kanei hot springs out springing a year, 14 different inn was opened in tandem. But then meet to flood damage in 1913, revived in no time, three-storey with a unique design of the Taisho era, lined up in a unique wooden architecture is a deep valley at the bottom of the four-storey. So too the valley there was no deep land, inn there is no so increase more than 14 different, also the third floor in spite of the wooden, did not get a choice but to pile up to the fourth floor and above. Difficult conditions that are even people who are referred to as “high-rise of the tree” is, to generate an unprecedented unique landscape.
Image Courtesy © Daici Ano
- Architects: Kengo Kuma & Associates
- Project: Ginzan Onsen Fujiya
- Location: Obanazawa, Yamagata, Japan
- Photography: Daici Ano
- Structural engineers: K. Natata & Associates
- Mechanical engineers: P.T. Morimura & Associates, LTD.
- General contractors: Aiwa Construction Co., Ltd.
- Site area: 558.13 m2
- Building area: 366.09 m2
- Total floor area: 927.99 m2
- Construction Period: 2005 April – 2006 July
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: FCC Arquitectura
The project aimed to adapt the space that Quinta da Lixa uses to produce wine through the construction of a Rural Hotel devoted to wine tourism.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra | FG+SG
- Architects: FCC Arquitectura + Paulo Lobo
- Project: Monverde
- Location: Telões, Amarante, Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra | FG + SG
- Software used: Autocad
- General contractor: MC Meireles
- Frames: Jofebar
- Woods: José Nuno Carpintaria
- Electricity: Costa Alves Electricidade
- Avac: Pritérmica
- Construction area: 5200 m²
- Site: 30 Hectares
- Project starts: May 2008
- Starts of works: July 2012
- End of the works: Jun 2015
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: Tomas Ghisellini Architetti
The new (rediscovered) wings of the Hôtel de Galliffet
Mirror reflection: strategy of lightness
The new architectural wings of the Hôtel de Galliffet will be enigmatic and surprising appearances.
Logics of composition, materials and formal repertoire push the architectural bodies towards an expressive vocabulary for which the terms of lightness and permeability prevail.
The strategy of inclusion aims to give the new buildings a kind of perceptive dematerialization; this way proceeding the partial clogging of the courts will assume a character of agreement and co-operation rather than imposition.
View of the east wing, Image Courtesy © Tomas Ghisellini
- Architects: Tomas Ghisellini Architetti
- Project: MÉNAGE À TROIS
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Tomas Ghisellini
- Client: Italian Institute of Culture in Paris
- Collaborators: Lucrezia Alemanno, Daniele Francesco Petralia, Salvatore Scandurra
- Building construction cost estimated: 9.000.000,00 €
- Building Construction Forecast: 2018 – 2021
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: noa* network of architecture
It is all about the apple in the ‘Apfelhotel Torgglerhof’ in Saltaus in the Passiria Valley in Northern Italy. The agricultural farm and the hotel extend on 3 buildings and form the farm ensemble – surrounded by numerous apple trees and nature. For noa* network of architecture the starting point and key element of the design was the circle of the apple throughout the year: bloom, harvest, refinement and repose period.
Image Courtesy © noa* network of architecture
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
Article source: Alts Design Office
This is our first project for producing guest house in Uji-city.
This city is one of oldest cities in Kyoto and today it remains as part of Japan’s idyllic landscape. There are many houses which have tiled roof, japanese cedar and doma (a space that you can stay without shoes off) in this city.
Image Courtesy © Fuji-Shokai/ Masahiko Nishida
- Architects: Alts Design Office
- Project: Uji Japanese Hotel
- Location: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Photography: Fuji-Shokai/ Masahiko Nishida
- The lot area: 72.26 m2
- Floor space: 45.53 m2
- 1floor area: 44.99 m2
- 2floor area: 45.26 m2
- The total floor area: 90.25 m2
- Year: 2016/03