Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: sop – slapa oberholz pszczulny I architekten
The new head offices for the world’s largest hotel search engine trivago is starting to take shape in Dusseldorf’s Media Harbour. In order to create a headquarters that could easily cater to an international team of over 60 nationalities, sop architekten designed a global campus to provide the best experience possible for some 2,000 employees.
Comprising two new structures and a large open space, the site lies exposed at the foot of Hafenbecken A (Dock A) on Kesselstrasse. The organically shaped buildings open invitingly to the water and perform a playful, yet balancing role at the intersection of numerous urban lines and edges.
Image Courtesy © formtool
- Architects: sop – slapa oberholz pszczulny I architekten
- Project: Trivago Global Campus
- Location: Kesselstrasse, Dusseldorf Media Harbour, Germany
- Photography: formtool
- Developer: IMMOFINANZ
- Team: Zbigniew Pszczulny, Wolfgang Marcour, Jascha Klusen, Eva Stach, Jana Beermann, Christian Litz, Ismail Tanriverdi, Frank Ostrowski u.a.
- GFA: ca. 30,000 m² above ground
- Work phase: 1-8
- Completion: 2018
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: Caro Communications
Knight Dragon unveils a new £1billion landmark, designed by international architect and engineer Santiago Calatrava, at the heart of its transformation of Greenwich Peninsula.
This major new landmark is set to transform Greenwich Peninsula, London’s emerging cultural district. Residents and visitors to the Peninsula will arrive from the tube into an 80ft high winter garden and glass galleria. The scheme will total 1.4 million sq ft including a new tube and bus station, theatre, cinema and performance venue, bars, shops and a wellbeing hub. Above this will rise three towers of workspaces, apartments and hotels, all connected to the Thames by a stunning new land bridge.
Day, Image Courtesy © Uniform
- Architects: Santiago Calatrava Architect and Engineer
- Project: Peninsula Place
- Location: London, UK
- Executive Architect: Adamson Associates
- Architect PP2: Allies and Morrison
- Structural Engineer of record: Meinhardt
- MEP Engineer: AECOM
- Quantity Surveyor: Alinea
- Hotel Architect: Reardon Smith
- Hotel Advisors: Hamiltons
Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Article source: Grow Arquitectos
This mixed-use project has as integration axis the following areas: commercial, residential, health services and a hotel. We decided to make the 3 levels out of plumb and complement it with an important area of public space, an outdoor park surrounded by terraces and restaurants with different specialties.
Image Courtesy © Grow Arquitectos
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: 3XN
Copenhagen’s Rigshospitalet, Denmark’ s leading hospital, recently inaugurated its new Patient Hotel and Administrative Building, designed by 3XN Architects. 3XN designed the 7,400m2 building as an open, supportive and comfortable environment for patients, as well as an efficient work environment for the hospital’s administrative staff. The Patient Hotel offers 74 rooms on the three lower floors, while administrative offices comprise floors three to six.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mork
- Architects: 3XN
- Project: PATIENT HOTEL
- Location: Juliane Maries Vej 18, DK-2100 Copenhagen
- Photography: Adam Mork
- Client: Rigshospitalet, Region H
- Total Advisor: Aarhus Architects
- Engineer: Grontmij
- Landscape Architects: Kirstine Jensen
- Interior: Rigshospitalet, Region H
- Facade: Facade appears as a horizontal relief clad in the bright natural stone, Jura Gelb.
- Floors: 6 (plus basement)
- Size: 8.000m2 (Basement approximately 1,100 m2)
- Construction Start: January 2014
- Completed: August 2015
- Official opening: August 21, 2015
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
Article source: PROD architecture & design
Paço de Vitorino is a manor house located in the north of Portugal that has been in the same family since the mid-16th century. It’s history is marked several relevant events. The most outstanding dates from the mid-18th century when a major intervention occurred according to baroque canons. The resulting structure is characterized by a three stories main house on the east side, two lateral wings on the north and south side and a small chapel along the entrance wall on the west. These elements delineate a central large yard defined by adorned facades.
Image Courtesy © João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects: PROD architecture & design
- Project: Paço de Vitorino Hotel
- Location: Vitorino das Donas, Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Photography: João Morgado Fotografia de Arquitectura
- Architects in charge: Paulo and Susana Lago de Carvalho
- Collaborators: Fernando Paiva, Paulo Borlido, Carlos João and Pedro Paiva
- Academic work: Miguel Araújo, Paulo Carvalho, Pedro Ribeiro and Susana Correia
- Engineering: SprenPlan Engenharia, Vaproj and Pcgem
- Landscape Architecture: Marta Malheiro (Piso Térreo Arquitectura Paisagista)
- Decoration: Margarida Lobo Nazareth
- Site total area: 44.000 sqm.
- Total construction area: 1.852 sqm.
- General Contractor: Salvador Fernandes & Filhos Lda.
- Project: June 2010 – May 2014
- Construction: July 2014 – October 2015
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
Italian architecture practice Studio Fuksas has completed the largest building in Rome in over 50 years. Opening to the public in October 2016, the New Rome /EUR Convention Centre and Hotel ‘the Cloud’ is a €239 million earthquake proof complex that has taken 18 years of planning and construction. It will host auditoriums, exhibition spaces and a hotel – amassing 55,000 square metres in new public space. Through both trade and tourism, the convention centre is expected to bring in between 300 – 400 million euros annually to the city of Rome.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: New Rome /EUR Convention Centre and Hotel ‘the Cloud’
- Location: Rome-Eur, Italy
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti and Moreno Maggi
- Model and Sketches: Francesco Colarossi and Archivio Fuksas
- Client: Eur SpA
- Interior design: Fuksas Design
- General contractor: Società Italiana per Condotte d’Acqua SpA
- Engineering: Plans: A. I. Engineering, Torino
- Structures: Studio Majowiecki; Studio Sarti
- Safety: Studio Sarti
- Acoustics: XU – Acoustique, Parigi, A.I. Engineering, Torino
- Lighting consulting: Speirs& Major Associates, Edinburgh, London
- Initial Cost Estimate: € 276.000.000 (year: 2007)
- Final Cost: € 239.000.000 (October 2016)
- Built surface: 55,000 sq. m.
- Period: 1998-2016
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Article source: Emilio Tuñón Architects
The new Atrio Relais-Châteaux, located at San Mateo Square in Caceres, tries to think the city departing from the principles that made it possible in the first place. It tries to imagine how such thing can be carried out in our time, enabling contemporary architecture to stand side by side the historic core, with respect and dignity.
Image Courtesy © Luis Asín
- Architects: Emilio Tuñón Architects
- Project: Atrio Relais Châteaux Hotel and Restaurant
- Location: Cáceres, Spain
- Photography: Luis Asín
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: Snøhetta
Snøhetta has won the invited design competition for a new hotel on the Hakaniemi waterfront in Helsinki, Finland. Snøhetta’s design proposal, Hilbert’s Hotel, was announced as the winning entry during a press conference in Helsinki on February 1, following a competition arranged last year by AB invest A/S, the City of Helsinki, and the Finnish Association of Architect.
Image Courtesy © Snøhetta
- Architects: Snøhetta
- Project: Hilbert’s Hotel
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: Enviro Tec
Sweeping 250 metres along a bustling beachside street, the Sahid Kuta Lifestyle Resort offers a new lifestyle hub typology. The project covers 3.2 hectares and contains two zones: the ‘Beachwalk’ retail lifestyle hub, and the five-star Sheraton Hotel Kuta Bali resort. The design concept was inspired by the terraced paddy fields that dot the Balinese landscape.
Image Courtesy © Enviro Tec
- Architects: Enviro Tec
- Project: Sahid Kuta Lifestyle Resort
- Location: Bali, Indonesia
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: Mei architects and planners
The new headquarters of regional radio and television station RTV Rijnmond is phase 4a in the redevelopment of the Schiecentrale on Lloydstraat in Rotterdam. The building, which houses not only RTV Rijnmond but also other firms, forms the heart of the audio-visual sector in Rotterdam along with Schiecentrale, the 25kV building, STROOM hotel and restaurant, and the new building of phase 4b.
Image Courtesy © Mei architects and planners
- Architects: Mei architects and planners
- Project: Kraton 230
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Client: Rotterdam City Development Corporation Rotterdam
- Construction cost: € 10,000,000
- Programme: 10,000 m2
- Completion: 2007