Archive for the ‘Hotel’ Category
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017
Article source: DIN Interiorismo
The interior design project for Hotel Oriente located in the Eastern side of Mexico City included a new name and branding. This hotel was very well known in the area, so it was important that changes were not radical and the playful result of switching the name initials set the guidelines maintaining the original name by adding the use of and expression related to emotions such as: happiness, joy and surprise: Oh to which an exclamation sign was added to emphasize the attitude.
Image Courtesy © DIN Interiorismo
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017
Article source: NA NO WO Architects
We would like to present you one of the most interesting projects of the NA NO WO design group We have had the pleasure to participate in all aspects of the investment – from concept through construction and executive project, cost optimization and supervisions. Today, the building have passed the construction works acceptance and has been placed in service.
Image Courtesy © Maciej Lulko
- Architects: NA NO WO Architects
- Project: Elderly Healthcare And Residential Building With Hotel And Restaurant
- Location: Leszno, Poland
- Photography: Maciej Lulko
- Client: Kombinat 2000 sp. z o.o.
- Associate Interior designer: VINCI DESIGN
- Structural engineer: CADIN Grzegorz Dmochowski, Jakub Lekki
- Project Year: 2014 – 2015
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
Article source: PROMONTORIO
The project is the outcome of an invitation in 2005 of a family-based wine-making and agro-business company to master plan an innovative resort concept that would combine the rural experience of wine and olive oil production, with the amenities of leisure destination. With 66 hectares, the site is in the vicinity of the whitewashed town of Montemor-o-novo, in the Alentejo, near the UNESCO-listed city of Évora. Located on a gentle valley facing South and overlooking the skyline of the town’s medieval castle, the master plan was devised in a system of clustered villas and terraced row-houses reminiscent of the former agricultural compounds of the Alentejo, known as “monte”, which literally means “mount” or “hill” in English; an etymological reference to its topographic condition. In addition, a small lake cools the air and is used for leisure activities besides serving as a sustainable water-retaining basin for agriculture.
Image Courtesy © PROMONTORIO
- Architects: PROMONTORIO
- Project: L’And Hotel
- Location: L’And Vineyards resort, Montemor-o-novo (Alentejo), Portugal
- Software used: ArchiCad
- Interior Design: Studio MK27 w/ PROMONTORIO
- Landscape Architecture: PROAP
- Gross Built Area: 2,064 sq.m (main building) and 900 sq.m (townhouse suites)
- Project Status: 2005 (master planning) – 2011 (built and opened to public)
Tuesday, September 19th, 2017
Article source: hcreates interiors
Hooked is a casual fish and chip seafood restaurant and bar in the newly renovated Found 158 complex in Shanghai. The interior is relaxed and playful with fresh white furniture and white washed timber plank finishes. Tropical wallpaper and aqua blue add fun pops of colour throughout the space. The space is accented with some marine themed elements- boat cleats and rope – with a boathouse row feature wall. The bar references the inside of a boat shed with exposed framing and a weatherboard clad bar front. Hooked is fast becoming the go to place in Shanghai for a light and fresh free flow brunch or a relaxing evening cocktail. The playfulness of the space entices a young and crisp crowd.
Image Courtesy © Seth Powers Photography
Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Article source: Studio Vertebra
Golden Tulip Hotel Sakarya, designed by Studio Vertebra, qualified for the final in the “Interior Design / Future” category at Leaf Awards 2017, where a large number of architectural and interior architecture projects have participated from many countries of the world. At the contest, where 78 projects were announced as finalists in 17 categories, Golden Tulip Hotel Sakarya has succeeded in becoming one of the two projects that have been qualified for the final world-wide in the “Interior Design / Future” category with its time independent, clean and clear architectural line.
Image Courtesy © Studio Vertebra
- Architects: Studio Vertebra
- Project: Golden Tulip Hotel Sakarya
- Location: Sakarya, Turkey
- Architectural and Interior Design: Studio Vertebra
- Employer: Golden Tulip
- Total Area: 10000 sqm.
- Project Year: 2016
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
Fuzhou, a historical and cultural city along the southeast coast of China, is also known as “Hometown of Overseas Chinese”, owning the reputation of pivotal gateway on “the silk road via the sea”. The old generations travel overseas to fight for their lives. YANG captured the suitcase elements representing journey and leveraged the image on the reception design. Together with the hanging backdrop Fuzhou Painting, they both secretly reveal the homesickness sentiment of that time. Designers drew inspiration from the influential Fuzhou Shipyard Culture during Qing Dynasty. With “Sails” being the design concept, they created a magnificent wall-hung structure “Sailing” using 366 pieces of hand carved cards. The structure, which is 8.5m in height and 8.2 in width, powerfully represent Fuzhou people’s unity, determination and courage. The card design took the shape of the Fuzhou traditional building tiles, and blends well with the local culture and inherits the local historic feature to keep the memories fresh.
Clubhouse, Image Courtesy © YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
- Architects: YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
- Project: Fuzhou Kempinski Hotel
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Chief Designer Team: Yang Bangsheng, Huang Shengguang, Wu Shangrong
- Design Feature: Modern Chinese Style, Oriental Quality, Low-Key Luxury
- Project Design Company: YANG & Associates Group
- Project Site: Taihe Square Dong Er Huan Fuzhou City
- Project Floor Area: 32,652sqm
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
Article source: mvrdv
Rotterdam’s harbour basins and quays form an important historical reference for the port city’s heritage, with Wilheminapier firmly established as one of its most popular and spectacular areas. Since 2015, development partners BPD Bouwfonds Property Development, Ontwikkeling B.V. and SYNCHROON Ontwikkelaars in consultation with the municipality of Rotterdam, have been working on the development of residential buildings Philadelphia & Havana.
The Sax is a 51 floor mixed-use tower set to be the latest addition to Rotterdam’s renowned Wilhelminapier port development., Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: The Sax
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Design Team: Jacob van Rijs, Frans de Witte with Fedor Bron, Mick van Gemert, Mark van den Ouden, Luca Moscelli, Fouad Addou, Daniele Zonta, Giuseppe Campo Antico, Ronald Kam, Clementine Bory and Yassin Matni.
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Davide Calabro, Massimiliano Marzoli, Costanza Cuccato, Kirill Emelianov and Pavlos Ventouris
- Size and Programme: 82,200 m2 with 450 apartments (sale and rental), a hotel with 150 rooms, parking and commercial units
- Year: 2017+
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: L’eau Design
Camouflage is a word which describes the action of particular creatures that disguise their color or form according to their circumstances for survival.
Some years ago, New York fell into love with vintage style hotels which are created by converting an old factory in an abandoned industrial district thus vividly represent the history of the 20th century industrial era. Those hotels are providing not only beautiful interior spaces demonstrating the passage of time but also new energy and vigor for local communities through innovative intervention on the desolate industrial area.
Image Courtesy © Shin and Kyungsub
- Architects: L’eau Design
- Project: Sangdo Camouflage
- Location: 120, Sangdo-ro, Dongjak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Photography: Shin and Kyungsub
- Site area: 714.00§³
- Building area: 321.49§³
- Total Floor area: 2,975.58§³
- Floors: B2, 10F
- Construction: RC
- Construction Year : 2017
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
Article source: Continuation Studio
This is a project that started from engaging with the site. The site is located up on a mountain ridge, next to a reservoir’s dam. There was previously a two-story “San-Ho-Yuan” style dormitory block built back in the 1980s, with a courtyard surrounded by the concave form of the block. There stands an ancient pine in the centre serves as the heart of the courtyard, with its dense canopy covering half of the courtyard and part of the building. Meanwhile, the historical context of the site, to the north of the Jing-Shan Mountain that once gestated the Zen tea ceremony, has prepared it with a deep historical and cultural ambiance. As a result, to preserve the courtyard structure as well as the ancient pine, in order to generate its potential spatial spirit, has been established as our design proposition.
The two-storey floating white box in the north side of the inner yard, Image Courtesy © SHIROMIO Studio
- Architects: Continuation Studio (Jiu-jiang Fan, Wen-ting Zhai, Shuang-erLyu, Qi Gao, Luan-duo Huang)
- Project: Jingshan Boutique Hotel
- Location: Jingshan, Hangzhou, China
- Photography: SHIROMIO Studio
- Design Scope: Site Planning/Architecture/ Interior / Landscape
- Client: Hangzhou Urban Express Newspaper Group
- Consultants: Jian-kang Sheng, Yong-gang Hua, Dan Zhu, Jian-bao Huang
- Area: Approx. 1100㎡
- Design Time: 2014.11-2015.08
- Completed Year: 2016.07
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Ramón Esteve Estudio
Located in the Dam square of Amsterdam, with views of the Royal Palace, the Krasnapolsky Grand hotel is located between the most emblematic buildings of the city. Its origin dates back to 1865, already then being the central enclave of the high society of that time.
Image Courtesy © Ramón Esteve Estudio
- Architects: Ramón Esteve Estudio
- Project: NH GRAND HOTEL KRASNAPOLSKY
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Design: Ramon Esteve
- Project Management: D/Dock
- Collaborators: Silvia Martínez, Isabel Meyer, Tudi Soriano, Estefanía Pérez, María Martí, Víctor Ruiz, Anna Boscà, Laura Álvarez
- Client: NH Hoteles
- Studied Surface: 9922 m2
- Project: 2013
- Completion Date: 2015