Archive for the ‘ArchiCAD’ Category
Friday, February 14th, 2014
Article source: Gerber Architekten
The King Fahad National Library, one of the most important cultural buildings in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, was completed and went into use for its intended purpose in November 2013. This project sees Professor Eckhard Gerber and his Gerber Architekten team accomplishing one of the most important urban development and cultural projects in the capital, Riyadh. The design functions as the central driving force behind a piece of urban development and rearrangement, and combines the challenge of designing within the existing building stock with respect for Arabian culture.
Image Courtesy © Christian Richters
- Architects: Gerber Architekten
- Project: King Fahad National Library
- Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Photography: Gerber Architekten, Christian Richters
- Software used:Archicad and Graphisoft.
- Client: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Interior Designer: Gerber Architekten
- Landscape Architecture: Gerber Architekten in Cooperation with Kienle Planungsgesellschaft.
- Lightning Design: Gerber Architekten
- HVACR: DS – Plan (Drees & Sommer Group)
- Structural Framework: Bollinger & Grohmann Ingenieure
- In cooperation with: Saudi Consulting Services
- Main contractor: Saudi Bin Laden Group
- Competition: 1999 – 2002
- Design: 2004 – 2006
- Construction: 2008 – 2013
- Completion: November 2013
Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
Article source: Béres Architects
Focusing on sculptural cliffs and friendly hillside woods, Hideg-ház is an unusual object in the landscape of the outskirts of Kőszeg, a charming historical town in Hungary.
Image Courtesy © Tamás Bujnovszky
- Architects: Béres Architects
- Project: HIDEG-HOUSE
- Location: Kőszeg, Hungary
- Photography: Tamás Bujnovszky
- Software Used: ArchiCAD
Thursday, February 6th, 2014
Article source: Estúdio Urbano A.A. Ldª
The house is located inside the Belas Clube de Campo, a private condominium, where topography allowed to maximize exterior areas and offer privacy to the users.
The project extends throughout three floors; the first floor comprehends garage, maid room, laundry room and technical area; the second floor comprehends the office, living room, kitchen and bedrooms; the third floor is entirely occupied with the master bedroom.
Image Courtesy © Joao Morgado – Architectural Photography
- Architects: Estúdio Urbano A.A. Ldª (Alain Gameiro e Ana Duarte)
- Project: Belas House
- Location: Sintra, Portugal
- Photography: Joao Morgado – Architectural Photography
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Time frame: 2009, 2012
- Engineering team: Pórtico Vertical Ldª – Pedro Fernandes
- Landscape architecture team: Gonçalo Anastácio
- Program: Habitation
- Plot area: 2133m2
- Construction area: 587m2
- Typology: T4+1
- State: Built
Sunday, February 2nd, 2014
Article source: Inês Lobo Arquitectos Lda
This project involves the building of a block of 18 premises for habitation purposes next to the Óbidos Lake in the future site of the Golf and Country Club – Quinta do Bom Sucesso.
These will be located in one of the far sides of the Quinta with a valley to the east, one of the access roads to the west, a thicket to the south and a group of dwellings to the north. Our proposal is to build on this site, the central theme being that each premise should have an interactive relationship with the surrounding area, under the following conditions
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Finotti
- Architects: Inês Lobo Arquitectos Lda
- Project: Row-Houses
- Location: Óbidos, Portugal
- Photography: Leonardo Finotti
- Software used: ArchiCad
- Client: ACORDO – Empreendimentos Imobiliários, SA
- Started: 2007
- Completed: 2010
- Area m2: 3 000
- Structures and Installations: A400 Projectistas e consultores de engenharia
- Construction Company: Policon, Construções SA
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: TOTEMENT | PAPER
The main task of this project, to our opinion, is creation of a new city contexture resolving a visual conflict between the image of modern European city (with the “Izmailovo” hotel complex constituting a part of it) a new growth (rather interesting to the public and a brand identity of the area) that does not blend in the city situation where original historical and cultural monuments are less sizable and more chamber, rather than the grandiose historical stylization.
Image Courtesy © TOTEMENT | PAPER
- Architects: TOTEMENT | PAPER
- Project: Art-Palace
- Software used: ArchiCad
- Design: 2013
- Total area: 5000 sq.m
- Group of authors: Levon Airapetov, Valeria Preobrazhenskaya, Egor Legkov, Adelina Rivkina, Diana Grekova, Yulia Presnyakova, Ekaterina Savenkova.
Tuesday, January 28th, 2014
Article source: ARCHI7
Well placed on the sunny side of the rhône valley, the place offers large views . The inclined lot is open to south west. The project play with topography allowing the best relation with landscape. The natural inclination of the ground is preserved allowing tricky landscaping with an outside terrasse.
Image Courtesy © thomas jantscher
- Architects: ARCHI7 (nuno ferreira)
- Project: MFG
- Location: Grimisuat, Switzerland
- Photography: thomas jantscher
- Software used: Archicad
- CLIENT: privé
- YEAR: 2012-2013
Friday, January 24th, 2014
Article source: Collingridge And Smith Architects
The site for Fantails is located in a prominent position at the centre of a new subdivision of Auckland.
The client wanted the building to be a bold architectural statement, clearly standing out from the typical houses and commercial buildings around.
Image Courtesy © Collingridge And Smith Architects
- Architects: Collingridge And Smith Architects
- Project: Fantails childcare
- Location: Silverdale, Auckland, New Zealand
- Software used: ArchiCAD (16)
- Structural Engineers: McNaughton Consulting Engineers
- Project Architect: Phil Smith, CASA
- Design Team: Phil Smith, Graham Collingridge, Grayson Wanda,
- Client: Fantails
- Funding: Private
- Start on site date: January 2013
- Contract duration: 8 months
- Gross external area: 550m²
- Form of contract and/or procurement: NZS3910
- Total cost: NZ $1.71 million including external works
- M&E consultant: Eco Designs Ltd.
Thursday, January 16th, 2014
Article source: Boczkó Architects
Our customer wanted to build a one-storey family house with attic on a currently built-up corner lot in Dunakeszi, a suburban residential area situated on the bank of the Danube.
At the time of design, the lot was already built-up with a high pitched roof brick building and a wooden frame outbuilding on it. These buildings were demolished.
Image Courtesy © Ákos Boczkó
- Architects: Boczkó Architects
- Project: Family house
- Location: Dunakeszi, Hungary
- Photography: Ákos Boczkó
- Structural Engineering: Kerek és Pintér Kft, Budapest
- Building Services: Mopemedia Kft, Vác
- Project area: 117 sqm
- Project year: 2012-2013
- Software used: Archicad
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014
Article source: santamaria . arquitectes
The3.773 m²plot, is depressed in relation to the streets that configure it. The remaining part of the block is occupied by the Auditorium-Theatre and School of Music, located in a two storey building built in 2003.
The Cultural Center extension is concentrated in a 3 storey compact volume and it contains a public library on the ground floor, entities hotel in first and second floors, and theatre spaces extension on the second floor.
Image Courtesy © Francesc Rubí
- Architects: santamaria . arquitectes
- Project: LIBRARY AND ENTITIES HOTEL
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Francesc Rubí
- Partners: Mireia Palomas, Pilar Toll, Gemma Torras
- Consultants: JSS Enginyeria i arquitectura (instalaciones), Manuel Arguijo y Asociados (cálculo esctructura)
- Client: Diputació de Barcelona, Navarcles Town Council
- Area: 2.072’54 m2
- Budget: 2.919.482 €
- Software used:Archicad14
Tuesday, January 7th, 2014
Article source: AR+C
This is a 140 m2 single-family residential Project located in Guayllabamba, Ecuador. The house was conceptualized as a continuation of nature which is why it is embedded in the mountain. This green platform allowed the preservation of a pre-construction view point an dispart of the house features. A perimeterretention wall surrounds the primary structure. Anairchambergivesthermalcomfortinsideandprotectsthehousefromhumidity.
Image Courtesy © Lorena Darquea
- Architects: AR+C
- Project: Gazebo House
- Location: Guayllabamba, Quito Canton
- Photography: Lorena Darquea
- Architect In Charge: Francisco Almeida, Tatiana Bohorquez
- Area: 160 sqm
- Year: 2013
- Software used: Autocad, Archicad and Maxwel Studio Renders.