Archive for the ‘House’ Category
Friday, July 20th, 2012
Article source: Henrique Barros-Gomes
With a contemporary and minimalist approach, this exposed concrete weekend house is to be located in a rural area in upstate Reguengos de Monsaraz, Alentejo, Portugal.
The site is a clearing with dense wooded surroundings. The house has large glazed surfaces, increasing the interior exterior relation. Wooden sliding louvres, recessed in the walls, provide shade from the sun and protection from intruders. Roof slabs extend to the exterior, shading the glazed panels.
Private house at Reguengos
- Architects: Henrique Barros-Gomes
- Project: Private house at Reguengos
- Location: Alentejo, Portugal
- Software used: Autocad (for 2D), modeled and rendered with 3DSmax/mentalray and post-produced with Photoshop
Thursday, July 19th, 2012
Article source: Mr.Bodin Sritrakul
The villa set on a high sloping land overlooking Kamalaya resort to the sea with The Panoramic view and can see many of the surrounding islands.
The Thai contemporary design contains four bedrooms, a living room in the center of the design and a twelve-meter swimming pool. The design is structured with concrete and all the finishing is a natural material, with wooden floor in the bedrooms, polished cement in the main living, and a sand-wash flooring for the decking and walkway.
Holiday Home Villa
- Architects: Thai Architect Mr.Bodin Sritrakul
- Project: Holiday Home Villa
- Location: Baan Lamn Set Koh Samui Thailand
- Construction : Neo Concept Design & Construction.
- Project owner : Mr.Jean-Luc
- Construction Cost : 450,000 USD.
Wednesday, July 18th, 2012
Article source: Takato Tamagami Architectural Design
This is a two-generation family housing situated on high ground in Tokyo metropolitan area. The housing is composed of two interlocked volumes of A-House and B-House. We intend to provide completely different spatial sequences in both houses.
The site is 15m(width) x 30m(length), long in south-north direction. Church, which is mainly used as facility for wedding parties, is located on the west side. We created a U-shaped volume and a courtyard in the middle, in order to get enough sunlight from all directions. Exterior finish is white cement plaster exposed aggregate finish with coral sand. The white volume sits on the basement, where separate entries to both houses and car parking are located.
Image Courtesy Masaya Yoshimura
- Architects: Takato Tamagami Architectural Design
- Project: N-House
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Construction: SATOHIDE corporation
- Photographer: Masaya Yoshimura
- Scope of work: new construction
- Structure: reinforced concrete structure
- Principal use: Residence
- Total floor area: 586.87m2
- Construction Period: 2010.10.18～2012. 2.17
- Software used: Vectorworks to draw 2D and FormZ to draw for 3D
Wednesday, July 18th, 2012
Article source: Roberto Riofrio Navarro
The housing unit is a temporary summer home developed in the coastal desert of Lima, 95Km from the city. The stretch of land stands on a moderate slope in a privileged location with a frontal view to a golf course and a lateral view to the sea.
As a starting point, stands a large, comfortable terrace ending in a longitudinal swimming pool, which represents the main living space. On both sides of the plot, green areas may be found, which allow for natural illumination on the lower levels. These green areas define a lighter upper volume, which when separated from the base, takes the stage as the central element of the composition. This volume was given a starring role by working it in a closed way and by giving it a light, clearly defined aesthetic.
Image Courtesy Elsa Ramirez
- Architects: Roberto Riofrio Navarro, Micaela Rodrigo Graña
- Project: House Playa El Golf H4
- Location: Playa El Golf Panamericana Sur Km 95 Distrito Asia, Cañete. Lima-Peru
- Architectural design company: RRMR Arquitectos
- Work Team: Edith Zamalloa, Anny Gutierrez, Jose Antonio Chavez, Jaime Alca, Roberto Pain
- Photography: Elsa Ramirez
Tuesday, July 17th, 2012
Article source: Raimondo Guidacci Architetto
The project for this small detached house at Orsara di Puglia, is the outcome of a close collaboration between client and architect (lengthy discussion between brothers, to be precise). It is a very simple volume: a white cube measuring 10 meters on each side, excavated, squared, geometrical, apparently abstract, but actually similar to many buildings in the countryside of Foggia. A simple elementary volume, in contrast to the complex and highly articulated surrounding houses.
Image Courtesy Beppe Giardino
- Architects: Raimondo Guidacci Architetto
- Project: Raymond Guidacci White House
- Location: Orsara di Puglia, Foggia – Italy
- Client: Alfredo Guidacci
- Constructors: Curcio Domenico, Orsara di Puglia (building construction), Di Leo Marmi, Trani (stone covering), Arrediltortora, San Severo (shutters and wood carving)
- Lot Area: 4000 sq.m
- Building Surface: 100 sq.m
- Volume: 1000 cu.m
- Calendar: 2005-2006project, 2006-2010realization
- Photo: Beppe Giardino
Tuesday, July 17th, 2012
Article source: Shaun Lockyer Architects
The Park House is a dramatic alteration and addition to what was originally a speculative ‘cookie cutter’ style house in a larger development (but in a fantastic park-side location in inner city Brisbane).
The house explores the reprogramming of two key areas, primarily associated with living and lifestyle. The first and foremost altered area is the kitchen / living / dining which has been redesigned to optimise the indoor / outdoor living experience.
Image Courtesy Scott Burrows
- Architects: Shaun Lockyer Architects
- Project: Park House
- Location: New Farm, Brisbane, Australia
- Project Team: Shaun Lockyer – Design Principal; Shane Marsh – Project Architect; Richard Pain – Architectural Technician; Corinne Bolton – Interiors
- Structural Engineer: Westera Partners
- General Contractor: Noble Quality Homes
- Project Year: 2012
- Floor Area: 350m² (all inclusive of indoor, outdoor and garage areas)
- Photographs: Scott Burrows
- Key Suppliers: Cronks Design (cabinetry); Allkind Joinery (windows and doors); VSH Timbers (timber); Gaggenau (appliances); LAD Group (lighting); Neva Wethereld Designs (lighting); Arbour Essence (landscaping).
Saturday, July 14th, 2012
Article source: AEH SL (Arquitectura Espai Home)
House situated on a plot of the second coastline of Majorca. Much of the sun was hidden without sea view, by the interposition of an old and broken down apartment block, except for a small portion facing the sea torrent desenbocaba forming a small beach. They pose a patio attached to a wall that cuts across almost all of its own, leaving hidden the apartment block and opening the rest of the house to the stream and beach.
Friday, July 13th, 2012
Article source: Pastor Arquitectes
Roof substitution from brick walls every 60 cm to wooden beams supported just at the lower ends so taking advantage of the free space for using it as part of the house and for maintaining the new solar panel system implemented to reduce hitting consumes.
- Architects: Pastor Arquitectes
- Project: Galvàn-Darilek House
- Location: Corbera de Llobregat, Spain
Thursday, July 12th, 2012
Article source: Edgley Design
Our clients had owned and worked on the site for over a decade and wanted to modernise the buildings. However, they wanted to retain the principles of the existing buildings, to create a new and sustainable small community.The proposal was to knock down the existing studio, and rebuild an artist’s studio with better facilities, as well as a separate two bedroom house all within the same footprint.
Image Courtesy Edgley Design
- Architects: Edgley Design
- Project: Amhurst Road
- Location: London, England
Thursday, July 12th, 2012
Article source: Jeeva & Channa Horombuwa Architects
Set on a sloping land overlooking the Historic Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, across the Kandy Lake, the owner, Jayampathi Aluvihare and his family enjoy the luxury of a unique house on a prestigious location in Kandy. The panoramic view has become the main influence on the design while the topography of the land and the height restrictions, imposed by the local authority has provided enough constraints for the design process.
Jayampathi Aluvihare House
- Architects: Jeeva & Channa Horombuwa Architects
- Project: Jayampathi Aluvihare House
- Location: Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Software used: AUTOCAD software but without any 3D generation/ model making; purely based on visualization