Archive for the ‘ArchiCAD’ Category
Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
Article source: Marc Koehler Architects
Five small artificial islands mark the border between the suburban expansion of Almere Stad -the new neighborhood ‘Noorderplassen West’- and the nature area ‘Noorderplassen’. House with 11 views is located on one of these islands. Although the distinction between culture and nature is palpable, both are part of the same polder landscape. A landscape that had its origin on the design table and was created out of nothing.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: Marc Koehler Architects
- Project: House with 11 views
- Location: Almere, The Netherlands
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Gross Floor Surface: 240m2
- Project Team: Marc Koehler, Thomas Wellink, Carlos Moreira, Maarten Verhelst, Robbert Verheij
- Contractor: Reytec Innovations
Thursday, March 29th, 2018
Article source: RESET ARCHITECTURE
Reset Architecture transforms a barn at a historical estate into a museum.
This project addresses a current theme of the changing countryside that is no longer mainly used for agriculture. Within this context of change the intention of this project originated from preservation; sharing the past of a beautiful location. The architecture of this adaptive reuse project does not react to history in a nostalgic or thematic way, it uses a more context sensitive approach. The interior has changed to a level in which the old and new merge but still are, without hierarchy, visually present. As a result the new setting evokes a self-evident presence that relates to the characteristics of the natural scenery.
Frontal view of the east facade. New three meter ten high steel doors are placed behind the existing barn doors, Image Courtesy © Stijn Poelstra
- Architects: RESET ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Museum Romeins Halder
- Location: Haanwijk 5B, 5271 VG Sint-Michielsgestel, The Netherlands
- Photography: Stijn Poelstra
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: Brabantslandschap
- Contractor: De Visser / Bouwgroep Moonen
- Completion: 2017
- Built Area: 126m2
- Design: 2015-2016
Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
Article source: Studio 3LHD
A few years after the opening of Hotel Lone, Restaurant L – one of three restaurants in the hotel, was rebranded as ResoLution Signature Restaurant. 3LHD was involved in the transformation of a part of the restaurant space into a show cooking kitchen that will be used for presenting new techniques to chefs, for cooking schools, teambuilding activities etc. The design and the atmosphere are based on the recognizable Hotel Lone design with a somewhat modified material repertoire. Smoked oak wood and American walnut discreetly supplement the dominant terazzo floor and lattice ceiling, pointing out that the function of the space, and its character, has changed.
Image Courtesy © Jure Živković
- Architects: Studio 3LHD
- Project: ResoLution Signature Restaurant
- Location: Luje Adamovića 31 (Hotel Lone), Rovinj, Croatia
- Photography: Jure Živković
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Client: Maistra d.d.
- Geolocation: 45°4’21” N, 13°38′ 23” E
- Electrical Engineering: Adolf Klarin (Ipro-Inženjering)
- Main Contractor: SDMS
- Footprint (m2): 91,7m2 (interior), 100m2 (terrace + garden)
- Level (m): 13,50
- Project Start Date: 10.2016.
- Project End Date: 02.2017.
- Construction Start Date: 02.2017.
- Construction End Date: 03.04.2017.
Sunday, March 11th, 2018
Article source: Gepek Studio (Damir Dautbegović & Belma Jusufović)
The space was of residential character, rather ruined, however at the request of the client it was turned into a commercial space. Adaptation did not make any significant changes in the layout, except for some improvements, such as the expansion of existing door openings, which allowed the space to be more transparent.
Image Courtesy © Damir Dautbegović
- Architects: Gepek Studio (Damir Dautbegović & Belma Jusufović)
- Project: H&L Office
- Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Photography: Damir Dautbegović
- Software used: Autocad, ArchiCAD, Cinema 4D
- Area: 98 m2
- Year: 2017
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Article source: Gerber Architekten GmbH
Gerber Architekten have been awarded 1st prize for their design of the Hainan BoAo Bio-Medical Regeneration and Research Centre. This new 90,000 m² health resort with a medical centre and associated stem cell research facilities is to be constructed on Hainan Island in the South China Sea. It will be a unique combination of world-class medical departments and facilities for rest and recuperation, equipped to provide the highest standards of comfort.
Image Courtesy © Gerber Architekten GmbH
- Architects: Gerber Architekten GmbH
- Project: Hainan BoAo Bio-Medical Regeneration Clinic (Research) Center
- Location: Hainan, China
- Software used: Rhino, Grasshopper, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
Article source: destilat ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN
The “Apartment E&E is not just your usual rehabilitation of a classic Viennese apartment in an old building but also a statement for sustainability in interior design.
The central theme was to unite the client’s quite strong stance on anti-consumerism with high aesthetic demands for a sound overall concept.
Image Courtesy © Monika Nguyen
- Architects: destilat ARCHITECTURE+DESIGN
- Project: Apartment E&E
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Monika Nguyen
- Software used: ArchiCAD
- Team: Harald Hatschenberger
Monday, February 19th, 2018
Article source: CORE architecture + design
Influenced by modest 1940s Americana, Junction Bakery & Bistro brings freshly baked goods and all-day casual dining to the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia. CORE worked with restaurateur Noe Landini and chef/baker Nathan Hatfield to create an inviting space that uncovers the building’s 1940s character as a grocery store, while connecting to Del Ray’s railroad history. Junction blends the warmth of dining at home and the energy of a working bakery.
Image Courtesy © Greg Powers
- Architects: CORE architecture + design
- Project: Junction Bakery & Bistro
- Location: 1508 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22301, USA
- Photography: Greg Powers
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Rhino
- Lead Architect: Allison Cooke
- General Contractor: Potomac Construction Services
- MEP Engineer: Design Tech
- Structural Engineer: Rathgeber/Goss Associates
- Food Service Consultant: Feustel Foodservice Design
- Branding and Graphic Design: Seth Design Group
- Exterior Signage: Seth Design Group, Cherry Blossom Creative
- Gross Built Area: 5,000 SF
- Completion Year: 2016
Friday, February 16th, 2018
Article source: Tuttiarchitetti
From 1 room of 48 sqm to 4 rooms of 16 sqm: increase of surfaces, multiplication of space. Two overturned and turned 90 ° turnstiles – in birch plywood panels – operate this magic, also providing the “disappearance” of the metal loft, heavy burden of the previous real estate RE-structuring, and returning “air” to the compartment. The space is so circular: from the living room, to the kitchen, to the study, to the upper bedroom: that from the living room, on the study, connected to the kitchen by a yellow monochrome staircase “dug out” in the birch portals; as well as the front desk counter.
Image Courtesy © Tuttiarchitetti
- Architects: Tuttiarchitetti
- Project: FGV house
- Location: Catania, Italy
- Software used: Autocad, ArchiCAD, Graphisoft, Cine Render, MAXON
Sunday, February 11th, 2018
Article source: Tecto Arhitectura
Tecto Arhitectura was appointed to design the new office building in Reci, Covasna, as the first large scale project with CLT structure in south-east Europe. The goals of the client extended from making a statement about its high standards and interest in high performance use of wood to the point of having a comfortable and proper office as part of a larger work site.
Image Courtesy © Cosmin Dragomir
- Architects: Tecto Arhitectura
- Project: First CLT Multi comfort office building
- Location: Reci, Covasna county, Romania
- Photography: Cosmin Dragomir
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Robot, MagiCad, DIALux
- Architect practice: S.C. TECTO ARHITECTURA S.R.L. arch. Sergiu C. Petrea, arch. Cristina Petrea, arch. Sabrina Ene, arch. Sebastian Apostol, arch. Tania Bancila
- Structure: Arh Cons Proiect, Eng. Nicu Curcudel
- MEP and HVAC: Hard Instal Consulting Eng. George Popescu, Eng. Vali Scutaru Global Instal, Eng. Andrei Toma, Eng. Roman Chistol Econtech Theiss, Eng. Kurt Theiss
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Article source: KAZA INTERIOR DESIGN
The Kielce apartment was designed for two women: a mother and a daughter. It was to slip out of rigid stylistic etiquette and not necessarily blindly follow popular trends. Thanks to the imagination and skills of the designers, the interior exuding elegance, femininity and subtle beauty was created.
Image Courtesy © Anna Orłowska & Mateusz Lipiński
- Architects: KAZA INTERIOR DESIGN
- Project: Oasis of Femininity Apartment
- Location: Kielce, Poland
- Photography: Anna Orłowska & Mateusz Lipiński
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Artlantis, Photoshop, Canon EOS 5D mark II
- Square metrage: 90m²