Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
Article source: JDS/Julien De Smedt Architects
This project provides an enormous opportunity for Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city, to redevelop in a socially sustainable way by renovating its old, out-of-use container terminal. The area is meant to become a living city quarter and achieve a proper level of urban density, comprised of a multitude of cultural and social activities, generous amounts of workplaces, and of course, a highly mixed and diverse array of housing types.
Image Courtesy © Julien Lanoo
- Architects: JDS/Julien De Smedt Architects
- Project: Iceberg
- Location: Aarhus, Denmark
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Client: Pension Danmark
- Collaborators: Cebra, SeArch, Louis Paillard
- Budget: 243 000 000 DKK (32 600 000 EUR)
- Size: 21 600 M2
- Status: 1st prize, completed May 2013
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Article source: roedig . schop architekten
The building is located on the former border strip of the Berlin Wall, between Schoenholzer and Bernauer Strasse, occupying two lots dating back to the Wilhelmine era. The former „Postenweg“, which was part of the GDR border security system and is now open to the public, lies directly to the north of the plot.
street facade frontal, Image Courtesy © Stefan Mueller
- Architects: roedig . schop architekten
- Project: Schoenholzer 15/16
- Location: Schönholzer Straße 15/16, 10115 Berlin, Germany
- Photography: Stefan Mueller
- Software used: CAD-programm
- Construction: Ingenieurbüro Rüdiger Jockwer, Berlin
- Landscape Planning: Mettler Landschaftsarchitektur Berlin
- Building Costs Incl Vat: 5123500 EUR
- Gross Volume: 9857 m³
- Gross Floor Space: 2522 m²
- Floor Space: 1674 m²
- Project Start: 01/2007
- Start Of Construction: 06/2012
- Date Of Completion: 01/2015
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017
Article source: Souza Oliveira – Arquitectura e Urbanismo Lda.
Lisbon and its “new avenues” (built in the beginning of the past century) are always a challenge for an architect.
Lisbon’s Stone Block is located in the corner of two major streets and that position is somehow special in the relation that the building it-self creates with the “urban net”.
The idea/concept of the building is based in a “mutant facade”: a skin in stone, almost metamorphoses and movable.
Image Courtesy © Nelson Garrido
- Architects: Souza Oliveira – Arquitectura e Urbanismo Lda. (Alberto de Souza Oliveira)
- Project: LISBON STONE BLOCK
- Location: Defensores de Chaves Avenue, Lisboa, Portugal
- Photography: Nelson Garrido
- Collaborators: Inês Cordovil, Sílvia Fernandes, Sérgio Godinho, Ana Cravinho, Sofia Pinto Basto
- Engineer: BETAR estudos e projectos de estabilidade lda.
- Construtor: Ramos Catarino, S.A.
- Materials/products: concret, stone, wood, glass
- Built Area: 5672 sqm
- Date of construction: 2008/2011
Sunday, February 19th, 2017
Article source: Otto Medem Arquitectura S.L.
As the architect, from the begining of the project, I set out the following main goals:
Make the most of the characteristics of the terrain and enhance them by choosing the perfect orientation.
Design a set of housing complex that escapes from the everyday conventionalism of collective housing, and that is able to transmit and generate feelings. I want people to be overcome with emotion as soon as they enter the complex and feel the beauty and harmony that each home provides, without sacrificing functionality.
Image Courtesy © Daniel Font
- Architects: Otto Medem Arquitectura S.L.
- Project: “Los Álamos de Fuentecisneros” Block of 59 houses
- Location: Avenida Alcalde Mostoles. Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Daniel Font
- Architect Partner: Carlos Bernardez Agrafojo, Pedro Cortes Nieves, Augustine Utrilla Sanchez
- Surveyor: Andrew Garea Noguerol
- Constructor: OPROLER Works and Projects
- Project Year: 2011
- End of Work: 2016
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: MESURA
Housing Competition in Badalona, 2016.
In July 2016, two young architecture practises based in Barcelona, Mesura and TOI T, teamed up to participate in an invited competition for a housing development in Badalona. Organised by Emesa, a private real estate investor, the competition had two key objectives: design a 21st century housing project and promote emerging spanish architects.
Image Courtesy © MESURA + TOI T
- Architects: MESURA + TOI T
- Project: Badalona Housing
- Location: Badalona, Spain
- Client: EMESA
- External Collaboration: TOI T, PLAY-TIME
- Project date/ construction date: 2016
- Awards: Badalona Housing EMESA Competition Finalist
Friday, February 17th, 2017
Article source: Camillo Botticini Architects
The planning process identifies an architecture that interprets the urban condition in which it appears, taking as generative condition, the new relationship with the southern part of the park Tarello here that the south end towards the street Lamarmora to continue north to street Sostegno. In a context of macro-isolated objects, many with clear vertical characterization, there is the recent intervention by the Forum and Banca Lombarda, which together with the park Tarello, while building a partial urban identity. To strengthen this condition, it is proposed that a fundamental principle the idea of continuity space, where the measure proposed architecture, space and structure compliant reference. The building does not look like an object suspended within a batch but an element that builds the site, integrating coherently open spaces, built spaces and relationships spaces. The extensive scale of the intervention allows, despite its bias, to identify a mode of urban construction that exceeds the factionalism of the atopic background. The architecture is contextualizes alone, in the sense thatarchitecture builds the site, opposing dispersion and peripheralization, extent and identity, without falling into a historicist interpretation of regressive.
Image Courtesy © Alessandra Bello E Gianni Botticini
- Architects: Camillo Botticini Architects [arch. Camillo botticini con abdarchitetti botticini – de appolonia e associati with Paolo pasquini (Europa risorse) (Coordination: arch. Camillo botticini, arch. Giulia de appolonia)]
- Project: Residential Building Ex Berardi Area
- Location: Area Ex Berardi, Brescia, Italy
- Photography: Alessandra Bello E Gianni Botticini
- Client: Europa Risorse Srl
- Collaborators: arch. Eleonora zucchelli, arch. Francesca bignardi, arch. Michela cibaldi, arch. Marzia mainardi, arch. Federica mometto, arch. Cristina sipolo, geom. Ignazio marchetti, arch. Alessandro alberti, arch. Alessandro galperti
- Structural Engineering: Tecne Srl
- Mep Engineering: Tesis s.r.l. – ing. Marco Pinchetti, ing. Angelo Zanotti, ing Giampiero Perrotta
- Landscape Design: Abdarchitetti Botticini – De Appolonia E Associati
- Construction Company: Carsana
- Cost: 18.500.000,00 euro
- Area: Outdoor Spaces 20.143 M2, Building 13.250 M2, Underground Area 12.000 M2
- Date: 2007
- Construction: 2009-2010
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: MDH Arkitekter
Student housing often drown in mediocrity, with simple units stacked on top of each other in the cheapest way possible and left to themselves without support programs. The Moholt 50|50 project is a reaction to this. By inserting new housing collectives and a wide range of support services and public programs into an existing student village built in the sixties, a new active central area is created, erasing the psychological border between the student village and the surrounding area.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Brodey
- Architects: MDH Arkitekter (Helge Lunder)
- Project: Moholt 50|50 – Timber Towers
- Location: Trondheim, Norway
- Photography: Ivan Brodey, Tomas Bekkavik
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: Barre Levie Architects&Urban Planners
The New BBC Business Complex in Bnei Brak
Bar Kokhba Tower is located in the southern part of the new BBC business complex in Bnei Brak, close to Jabotinsky Street. The complex, designed by the Barre-Levie Architects firm (BB/566), is rapidly developing and establishing itself on the business map within the Tel Aviv Metropolitan Area. Today, the BBC complex is already a significant center for urban employment, thanks to its attractive conditions, innovative office tower design, and proximity to major highways as well as the future light rail lines. Six towers have already been constructed and occupied by tenants, with another 30 currently in the planning stages.
Image Courtesy © Barre Levie Architects&Urban Planners
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
Article source: mei architects and planners
In the summer of 2013 Mei architects and planners won the architect selection procedure for the design of the new volume and the redevelopment of the Fenix I warehouse..
The Fenix warehouses, located opposite Hotel New York and the Rijnhaven Bridge, were built in 1922 in Katendrecht, Rotterdam. Previously called the San Francisco warehouse, the structure has two levels with floor heights of six metres, and was originally 360 metres in length.
Image Courtesy © Mei & WAX
- Architects: mei architects and planners
- Project: Fenix I – Loft apartments on top of a warehouse
- Location: Veerlaan / Rijnhaven Rotterdam NL
- Photography: Mei & WAX
- Client: Heijmans Vastgoed
- Team Mei architects and planners: Robert Winkel, Menno van der Woude, Michiel van Loon, Robert Platje, Roy Wijte, Riemer Postma, Ruben Aalbersberg, Kasia Domachowska, Adriaan Smidt, Rutger Kuipers, Rob reintjes, Danijel Gavranovic, King Chaichana, Johan van Es
- Area: 8.500 m2 commercial, cultural & culinary / ca. 9.000 m2 parking / ca. 23.000 m2 loft apartments
Sunday, February 12th, 2017
Article source: TONY OWEN PARTNERS
Mooloolaba is a resort town on the southern coast of Queensland. It has expansive beaches and a laid back feel. The Breeze Apartments are located on the main beachfront promenade. The Breeze contains 33 apartments all with Oceanfront views. It contains a pool, gym and gardens. The building was designed to maximise views to the ocean, with wide living areas and sweeping balconies. The units have a light and open feel consistent with the area.
Image Courtesy © TONY OWEN PARTNERS
- Architects: TONY OWEN PARTNERS
- Project: Breeze Moolooolaba
- Location: Moolooolaba, Queensland, Australia