Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
To compose the setting of Milan’s prestigious CityLife, one of Europe’s biggest urban re-qualification projects, is Penthouse One-11, completely planned and created by Milano Contract District, within the famous residences designed by Zaha Hadid. The elegant two-story penthouse of over 300 m2, featuring a fabulous view over the city and the adjacent park, is the result of the excellent, quality services provided by the new and innovative Design District dedicated to Real Estate. Only a few months after opening, it has already conquered the Lombard capital’s real estate scene thanks to the numerous projects initiated with the most important Real Estate companies in Milan, and that’s not all.
Image Courtesy © Zaha Hadid Architects
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
Article source: HGR Arquitectos
MR 299 is a Housing Project with 15 units located in Matias Romero # 299, on a central neighborhood of Mexico City.
The Project is located on a regular site of 364.00 sqm. with two street fronts. The building has 6 floors: The ground floor is destined for parking and lobby, and the last 5 floors are destined for housing, having 15 apartments in total.
Image Courtesy © Diana Arnau
- Architects: HGR Arquitectos (Marcos Hagerman)
- Project: MR 299
- Location: Matías Romero # 299, Colonia Vertiz Narvarte, Delegación Benito Juárez, México d.f. C.p. 03630
- Photography: Diana Arnau
- Lettice Design: Ariel Rojo
- Graphic Design: Leolab
- Development: Ciudad Vertical
- Structural Design: Mata Y Triana Ingenieros Consultores
- Installation: zMP INSTALACIONES
- Lattice Production: VYPSA
- Area: 1,835.4 sqm
- Year: 2014
Saturday, March 25th, 2017
Article source: D’HOUNDT+BAJART architectes&associés
Sponsored by a property developer, the Filigrane is the renovation of a building in the Grand Place of Tourcoing as a bank and eight housing units. The bank occupies the ground floor and the first floor façade, with the eight dwellings on the second floor façade and at the back of the plot. The key challenge of the project is to provide a contemporary architectural response that takes into account the complex built environment accumulated over the course of history.
Image Courtesy © D’HOUNDT+BAJART architectes&associés
- Architects: D’HOUNDT+BAJART architectes&associés
- Project: The Filigrane
- Location: Tourcoing, Nord, France
- Contracting Authority: CFA+SEM Ville Renouvelée (dwellings) / Crédit du Nord (bank)
- Building Contractor: RABOT DUTILLEUL – Croix (59)
- Façade Panels: BETSINOR – Courrières (62)
- Area: 1352 m2
- Cost: 1480 000 € HT
Thursday, March 23rd, 2017
Article source: studio RIPOLLTIZON
The project is located in ‘Pere Garau’ neighbourhood. The area was formerly characterized by blocks of single family houses with inner courtyards that followed a typical grid plan. Once the district became central in the city, amendments to the urban planning increased the building volumes significantly and changed the typology to collective housing. The project takes part of this transformation by redefining a corner plot, resulting from the addition of two former houses, into a new public housing building.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: studio RIPOLLTIZON (Pep Ripoll – Juan Miguel Tizón)
- Project: Social housing
- Location: Capità Vila St. – Can Curt St. Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Collaborators: Pablo García (architect), Luis Sánchez (architect)
- Quantity Surveyor: Toni Arqué
- Structural Engineer: Jorge Martín
- Building Services: David Mulet
- Client: Institut Balear de l’Habitatge – IBAVI (Balearic Public Housing Institute)
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: Somdoon Architects
The design of Hasu Haus was aimed at reinterpreting the old way of living along with waterways, in context of modern life style and more density. The site is outside the city center of Bangkok, where the new developments are coming. Three of the sides are abutted by a house and future developments. The other side faces Prakanhong canal and an old Buddhist temple across.
Image Courtesy © Somdoon Architects
Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Article source: Epistle communication
Affordable housing is the buzzword today. With the urban population growth at the current rate; almost 60% of India would be living in urban agglomerations in the next two decades. However, affordable remains an oft-used, yet still not understood concept for most.
Image Courtesy © Design Forum International
- Architects: Design Forum International
- Project: Summer Palm
- Location: Sector 86, Faridabad, Haryana, India
- Name of Client: Umang Realtech Pvt. Ltd
- Principal Architect: Mr. Anand Sharma
- Design Team: Girish C. Joshi, Shamim Khan, Dilvir Singh, Aarti, Rakesh Sharma
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 53782.72 sqm. 578917.22sqft.
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 110920.45 sqm. 1193947.73 sqft.
- Start Date: July-2008
- Completion Date: May-2013
Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Article source: NL Architects
Kleiburg is one of the biggest apartment buildings in the Netherlands: a bend slab with 500 apartments, 400 meter long, 10 + 1 stories high.
Kleiburg is located in the Bijlmermeer, a CIAM inspired residential expansion of Amsterdam designed in the sixties by Siegfried Nassuth of the city planning department. De Bijlmer was intended as a green, light and spacious alternative for the -at that time- disintegrating inner city.
Image Courtesy © Stijn Poelstra
- Architects: NL Architects and XVW architectuur
- Project: Kleiburg De Flat
- Location: Kleiburg, The Netherlands
- Photography: Marcel van der Burg and Stijn Poelstra
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Consortium De Flat: KondorWessels Vastgoed, Hendriks CPO, Vireo Vastgoed, Hollands Licht / Martijn Blom
- Team NL Architects: Pieter Bannnenberg, Walter van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse and Guus Peters with Iwan Hameleers, Giulia Pastore and Fouad Addou, Matthew Davis, Paul Ducom, Soo Kyung Chun, Adrian Mans, Paulo Dos Sousa, Carmen Valtierra de Luis
- Structure: Van Rossum Raadgevende Ingenieurs Amsterdam bv
- Building Physics: Schreuder Groep
- Installations: HOMIJ Technische installaties bv, Amsterdam
- Contractor: KondorWessels Amsterdam bv
- Size: Gross floor area 65.600m², net floor area 59.400m²
Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Article source: L’EAU design Co.,Ltd.
Nonhyun Matryoshka is located in a residential area of four to five-story buildings, situated deep within Gangnam’s main street. Existing housing developments usually require closed boundaries to prevent an invasion of privacy. However, new neighbourhood living facilities desire demarcation in order to populate each domain with its own distinctive feaqtures, as these spaces are made up of many diverse programmes. As such, it has been planned to mark this duality.
Image Courtesy © L’EAU design Co.,Ltd.
Saturday, March 18th, 2017
Article source: UNStudio
Comprising four high-rise towers with a multi-storey plinth and housing mixed-use programmes, large public spaces and incorporated subsidised housing, UNStudio’s design for the former Deutsche Bank site will create a ‘City for All’ in the heart of Frankfurt.
Following having been selected as the winner for the urban strategy of the former Deutsche Bank site in Frankfurt last year, UNStudio has now also been unanimously selected as the winner of the architectural competition for the redevelopment of the site. The eight-member jury consisted of representatives from the city, architects and urban development experts and Groß & Partner Grundstücksentwicklungsgesellschaft mbH. Two third prizes were awarded to the teams Dudler / Jahn and MSW / Snohetta, while an honorable mention was given to Christoph Mäckler / CoopHimmelblau.
Image Courtesy © UNStudio
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: City for All
- Location: Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Client: Groß & Partner Grundstücksentwicklungsgesellschaft mbH
- Building surface: 219.000m2 above ground
- Building site: 16100m2
- Building volume: four high-rise towers and a multi-storey plinth
Friday, March 17th, 2017
Article source: Stockwool
Clock House Gardens has transformed a derelict hotel site into an intimate community of 50 new homes on a key gateway site into Welwyn. The design responds to the 0.8ha site’s unique combination of urban and rural surroundings, with the A1(M) motorway to one side and dense woodland to the other.
Image Courtesy © Stockwool
- Architects: Stockwool
- Project: Clock House Gardens
- Location: Welwyn, England, UK
- Photography: Morley von Sternberg