Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Saturday, August 9th, 2014
Article source: AUS Pasini Ranieri
The Town Houses along the Ronco River are part of a larger mixed-use development establishing an urban spine. The site is a vacant area in the outskirts of the town on the bank of the Ronco River, elongated from the Via Emilia and a secondary road providing motorized access. A series of irregular sheds stand in disarray along the sides.
Image Courtesy © Roberto Pasini, Jean-Paul Maltoni Fotobahn
- Architects: AUS Pasini Ranieri
- Project: Town Houses along the Ronco River
- Location: Forlì, Italy
- Photography: Roberto Pasini, Jean-Paul Maltoni Fotobahn
- Client: private
- Implementation: 2007-11
- Final design, construction documents and supervision: Roberto Pasini, Andrea Ranieri / master-plan and preliminary design: Roberto Pasini (head), Davide Canali, Andrea Ranieri / graphics: AUS Pasini Ranieri, Pamela Casali, Martina D’Alessandro
- Land area: 1,100 sqm
- Floor area: 1,200 sqm
Sunday, August 3rd, 2014
Article source: HUB
The ‘Sanba and Stad’ project comprises a dyad at an exclusive location in the bend of the river Scheldt in Antwerp. It includes the renovation of an historic warehouse and the new construction of a lavish and elegant residential building.
Sanba is model type of warehouse which runs throughout the block and has 2 identical facades on the Rijnkaai and in Braziliëstraat. The deep floors with robust, concrete structure are reflected around the central courtyard with the authentic stars and passageway which give access to the building.
Image Courtesy © Ilse Liekens
- Architects: HUB
- Project: Sanba and stad
- Location: Antwerp, Belgium
- Photography: Ilse Liekens
- Status: buildings are completed
- Program: 3.800 m² mixed program, 1.250 m² parking
- Site: Rijnkaai 22-24, B-2000 Antwerp
- Budget: € 4.200.000
Friday, July 18th, 2014
Article source: Proctor and Matthews Architects
Winner – RIBA National Award 2014, Winner – ‘Richard Fielden Award’ Housing Design Awards, Winner – Best Housing Project, Brick Awards 2013, Winner Galvanizing Awards, ‘Architecture in Detail’
Hargood Close is a supported housing scheme in Colchester, (for vulnerable people in need of emergency temporary accommodation) providing a mix of apartments including studios, one and two bedroom dwellings, as well as family houses. The brief called for a mix of dwelling types that would provide more flexible options to help staff respond to the differing living requirements of changing tenants. In addition the brief specified improved space for both onsite and visiting staff, communal space, meeting rooms and a secure children’s play area.
Image Courtesy © Proctor and Matthews Architects
- Architects: Proctor and Matthews Architects
- Project: Hargood Close
- Location: Essex, UK
- Client: Family Mosaic
- Contract value: £3.4 Million
- Project status: Completed April 2014
Wednesday, July 16th, 2014
Article source: Martin Duplantier Architectes
The burning issue in Metropolitan Bordeaux is a project of 50,000 housing units. Envisioned and designed to be a real estate opportunity, the overly dense development has created quite a controversy. The Viravent project proposes another paradigm. Built before the beginning of the 50,000 yet still comparable, given the shared design model (sited in the heart of town, but in a diffuse section without access to the ZAC), the Viravent project integrates into an existing urban fabric more than imposing upon it.
Image Courtesy © Yohan Zerdoun
- Architects: Martin Duplantier Architectes
- Project: Viravent, 112 flats
- Location: Cenon, France
- Photography: Yohan Zerdoun
- Client: Immobilière Sud Atlantique
- Project architect: Jean-Baptiste Monthiers
- Engineers: P.Roncon BE Thermique, Guenolé BE VRD
- Landscape architect: Anouk Debarre Paysagiste
- Partnerships: Sogeda (structural), RollingStores (blinds), DavidDavitec (plaster), CapVert (green spaces)
- Areas: secondary space : 7 280 sqm, habitable
- Space: 6 776 sqm
- Budget: 8,5 M€HT
- Date of delivery: 2013
Saturday, July 5th, 2014
Article source: Sarl Lanoire & Courrian
We wished to create a cluster of houses that is both a privacy area and a smoothed porous space, either from the outside or from the inside of the block.
A service road irrigates the hearth of the cluster. It is marked out on both sides by vegetated areas.
The project is a hybrid space, between a square and a garden.
Image Courtesy © S.Chalmeau
- Architects: Sarl Lanoire & Courrian
- Project: 32 houses in Poitiers
- Location: France
- Photography: S.Chalmeau
- Project ownership: LOGIPARC OPH – Poitiers
- Schedule: Architecture competition 2007, delivery 2012
- Building cost: 3.44 MEuro exVAT
- Procedure: Project management market with restricted competition.
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
Article source: Tectoniques
Block 32 occupies a strategic position in the vast programme to renovate the Duchère neighbourhood, in Lyon. The OPAC du Rhône housing association has produced a building which incorporates 33 social rental housing units, 1,500m2 of office space dedicated to health-related activities, and has retail space throughout the ground floor. Its central location, at the crossroads between the new Abbé Pierre square and the east / west boulevard, means it is highly visible and its proximity to the athletics hall imposes the need for a resoundingly urban attitude.
Image Courtesy © Tectoniques
- Architects: Tectoniques
- Project: Block 32, La Duchère, Lyon
- Location: France
- Total floor area: 5 241 m2
- Cost: 6,960 M € H.T.
- Overall floor area: 2 628 m2
- Habitable area: 2 224 m2
- Overall floor area: 1 642 m2
Saturday, June 28th, 2014
Article source: ARCHETONIC
This building is located on Calle Comercio in Mexico City’s Escandón neighborhood.
This architectural project is essentially an intervention on a 1950s building that was previously used as a storage location. It has now become the raw material for a new, 18-apartment housing program supported by the pre-existing structure. The concept for the entire development was based on the use of simple, strong and low-cost materials suitable for the commission. The end result is not only a work of architecture but also a successful business.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: ARCHETONIC (Jacobo Micha Mizrahi)
- Project: COMERCIO 117
- Location: Escandón, Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- Designer: Archetonic – Jacobo Micha Mizrahi
- Collaborators: Ernesto Rossell Zanotelli, Alfredo Muñoz Jimenez, Désirée Gómez Córdoba, Aldo Moreno Gamboa, Rodolfo Rubio Avila
- Year: 2012
- Area:1,883 sqm
Saturday, June 28th, 2014
Article source: JAN RÖSLER ARCHITEKTEN
UPDGRADE is an housing project in Berlin Germany. We planed the two story Penthouse on a side wing of a tenement that was destroyed during world war 2.
The first floor is used as a kitchen, dining room and living room(double hight) plus a huge terrace. the top floor contains the bedroom, the master bathroom and an office/guestroom.
Image Courtesy © JAN RÖSLER ARCHITEKTEN
Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
Article source: RAVN Arkitektur
Juulsbjergparken is a housing complex in the scenic countryside of Bredballe near Vejle, Denmark. The dwellings consist of a combination of two-storey townhouses and flats, placed as terraces in the landscape. All dwellings have south facing terraces or patios on terrain with views of the forest below.
Image Courtesy © Adam Mørk
- Architects: RAVN Arkitektur
- Project: JUULSBJERGPARKEN
- Location: Vejle, Denmark
- Photography: Adam Mørk
- Credits: ØsterBO
- Year: 2010-2013
- Collaborations: COWI, Hansson & Knudsen
Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
Article source: Benjamin Fleury ArchitectUrbaniste
Located just outside Paris to the North, the project is part of an urban renewal program which aims the development of public spaces, demolition of 20 buildings with unsanitary conditions and the construction or rehabilitation of more than 400 housing.
Duality Exterior City & Interior Garden:
The project includes a façade facing the street and one facing the inside of thr block, with two very different atmospheres:
Image Courtesy © Benjamin Fleury ArchitectUrbaniste
- Architects: Benjamin Fleury ArchitectUrbaniste
- Project: 8 social collective Housing
- Location: Pantin, France
- Client: Fonçière Logement + Promotion Mdh
- Design: Architect Fleury
- Date: 2010
- Status: Ongoing study
- Floor area: 576 sqm
- Cost: 1 200 000 Euros