Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: WE architecture
WE Architecture, together with JWH Arkitekter and By Munch, have won a competition to design a new allergy-friendly row-house complex in Skødstrup, north of Aarhus.
The project proposes a sustainable and innovative usage of water, soil and air, being the first to follow the new quality guide for new social housing, published by the Aarhus municipality. The idea is to have a green suburban plantation where the landscape and overviews are emphasized by low rise housing units of (mainly) 2 storeys.
Image Courtesy © WE architecture and JWH arkitekter
- Architects: WE architecture and JWH arkitekter
- Project: Lauritshøj, Skødstrup
- Location: Skødstrup, North of Aarhus, Denmark
- Client: Al2bolig
- Landscape architect: By munch
- Size: 4950m2, 55 housing
- Year: 2017
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
Geysir is a new and modern residential tower in Kista, north of Stockholm, which, with its central location, simultaneous will serve as the City’s new meeting place.
Geysir will, in terms of both expression and content, become a significant building that will unify residents of Kista and the surrounding urban districts.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: GEYSIR – KV HEKLA
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Client: Aros Bostad and Vasakronan
- Size: 15000 m² (13.000 housing and 2.000 m² retail)
- Year: 2017
Friday, June 30th, 2017
Article source: Form4 Architecture
The asymmetrical balance between nature and architecture is the supporting idea for Form4 Architecture’s design of VMware Campus, set in Palo Alto, CA, housing the cloud infrastructure and business mobility company’s headquarters. Encompassing 11 buildings and three parking structures for a total of more than 1.8 million square feet, the campus was designed to reject the confines of traditional office buildings, and capitalize on the serene setting in which it was built as a reflection of the company’s values. The architecture and design scheme take on its forms by revisiting the basic principles of urban design with a 21st-century twist. The project’s architecture of presence is discreet, but not timid. It sets a mechanism that allows for the flexibility of future growth, yet is fully realized in its architectural aspiration.
Image Courtesy © John Sutton
- Architects: Form4 Architecture
- Project: VMware Campus
- Location: Palo Alto, California, USA
- Photography: John Sutton
- Design Principal: John Marx, AIA
- Principal-in-Charge: Robert Giannini
- Principal/Project Manager: James Tefend, AIA
- Developer: Hines
- Contractor: Swinerton Builders
- Landscape Architect: PWP Landscape Architecture; Studio 5
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Article source: Alexandre Lucas
UNIQUE RESIDENCE has units that fall on this line of credit, in addition to already have the system all the assessment and property framework that streamlines the hiring and credit guarantee!
Ministry of Cities will relocate R $ 2.5 billion (for housing this value is quickly consumed) to the line which finances the home; credit had been suspended for lack of funds.
Image Courtesy © Alexandre Lucas
- Architects: Alexandre Lucas
- Project: Unique Residence
- Location: Lajeado, Brazil
Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Article source: LEVS architecten
In the village of Bussum, three sculptural apartment-villas stand amid the semi-public area between the Brinklaan and the district office building Gewestkantoor, another LEVS project from 2011. The villas form part of the Spoorzone Zuid, an urban plan by LEVS architecten, that stretches along both sides of one of the busiest railways in the Netherlands. In scale and measure, the villas fit in well with the surrounding environment, which dates back to the late 19th century.
Image Courtesy © LEVS architecten
- Architects: LEVS architecten
- Project: Apartment-villas Het Gewest
- Location: Bussum, The Netherlands
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: CM Mimarlik
Ermish Housing, designed by Istanbul based architectural practice CM Mimarlik is a residential project that focuses on providing optimum daylight by separating building blocks due to area’s elevation difference, and creates a whole living area out of 3 different building blocks.
Image Courtesy © Cemal Emden, Cem Sorguc
- Architects: CM Mimarlik
- Project: Ermish Housing
- Location: Gokturk Eyup, Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Cemal Emden, Cem Sorguc
- Client: Ermis Mobilya Dekorasyon
- Main Contractor: Ermis Mobilya Dekorasyon
- Total Area: 6275 sqm
- Project Starting Date: 2013
- Project Completion Date: 2014
- Construction Starting Date: 2014
- Construction Completion Date: 2016
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: ODA New York
Tucked between Spring and Canal in New York City’s recently rezoned Hudson Square, Renwick Street is a rare blip on the vast urban grid: a small, single-block residential enclave, whose self-generated hush recalls the era of a much more intimate Manhattan.
Image Courtesy © Frank Oudeman
- Architects: ODA New York
- Project: 15 Renwick
- Location: 15 Renwick Street, New York City, NY 10013, USA
- Photography: Erieta Attali and Frank Oudeman
- Developer: IGI US
- Outdoor square footage: 8,300
- Units: 31 (100% condo)
- Stories: 11
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: Martin Duplantier Architectes
Refind and renew
Located on the edge of the Saclay Plateau and the Bièvre Valley, the HEC campus has a privileged location. The 138-hectare park features prestigious sports facilities, a vast forest area and a plateau inhabited by buildings from 1962 and designed by the architect René Coulon.
Martin Duplantier first delivered the MBA building with David Chipperfield in 2012, on the edge of the forest, opposite the farm fields on the Saclay plateau.
Image Courtesy © Clément GUILLAUME
- Architects: Martin Duplantier Architectes
- Project: HEC student housing
- Location: Campus HEC Paris, Jouy-en-Josas (78), France
- Photography: Clément GUILLAUME and Yoahn ZERDOUN
- Client: ADIM Concept
- Design Team: Martin Duplantier Architectes, EVP (structure), Artelia
- Budget: 9,4 M€
- Surface: 2 042 sqm, (192 new student housing, common areas, offices, places of life)
- Dates: Delivery of the first phase on 03-201. Phase 2 in progress
Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
Article source: Eike Becker_Architekten
Directly in the middle of Berlin the Residential District “The Garden” with owner-occupied as well as rented flats was completed in August 2016. Right across from the new headquarter of the German Secret Service a complex of buildings with 5 to 7 above-ground levels was built. 161 exquisite rented flats, 115 owner-occupied flats, 7 commercial units and 88 underground parking spaces find a place there now.
Image Courtesy © Jens Willebrand
- Architects: Eike Becker_Architekten
- Project: The Garden
- Location: Chausseestrasse 57-60, 10115 Berlin, Germany
- Photography: Jens Willebrand
- Budget: 54 Mio. Euro
- Built Area: 37200 sqm
- Residential Units: 281 (Rented Flats: 161, Owner-occupied flats: 120)
- Commercial Units: 6 (45 – 790 m2)
- Completion Year: 2016
Sunday, June 11th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Eray Carbajo announces Urban Rural, a new dwelling typology for a sustainable transformation strategy that will become exemplar for Istanbul’s future redevelopment, with construction completion in 2019.
Urban Rural proposes a hybrid unit of habitation where one can be close to the city center and simultaneously enjoy the lifestyle of rural living, while having strong interaction with the community and neighborhood.
Urban Rural West View, Image Courtesy © Eray Carbajo
- Architects: Eray Carbajo
- Project: Unveiling Urban Rural
- Location: Beyoğlu, Turkey
- Client: Esta Construction
- Design: Inanc Eray, Gonzalo Carbajo
- Design Team: Emana Ljajic, Marco Mattia Cristofori, Ugur Imamoglu
- Project Team: Ugur Imamoglu, Marco Mattia Cristofori, Ahlam Hamed, Egemen Onur Kaya, Anil Sakaryali