Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Article source: Kirsh+Dereka Architects
The project is located in the outskirts of Stockholm at the suburb of Rinkeby. Interestedly and uniquely the 12 multi-storey housing buildings are planned to be build over the E18 highway a main artery in the road system of Sweden’s capital.
Image Courtesy © Kirsh+Dereka Architects
- Architects: Kirsh+Dereka Architects
- Project: Housing project in Järvaterrassen
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Software used: Archicad and Artlantis
- Developers of the project: re ALM Equity and ByggVesta
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
A new residential neighborhood of 340 apartments is currently being developed on a 30,000 square-meter site on Munich’s Ludlstrasse. The design proposal submitted by AllesWirdGut in collaboration with el:ch Landscape Design came out winning in the architectural competition. Construction of the 90-million project is scheduled to begin in 2017.
Image Courtesy © AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Architects: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Project: 359_LUD
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Collaborators: Lukas Morong, Jan Schröder, Felix Reiner, Adam Gajdoš, Kay Sommer, Raquele Albini
- Landscaping: el:ch Landscape Design
- Energy planning: Transsolar
- Client: GEWOFAG Holding
- Type of Competition, Prize: Geladener Wettbewerb / 1.Preis
- Date of Competition: 01.03.2015
- Start of Construction: 2017
- Completion: 2019
- GBA: 35.790 m2
- Costs: 61,5 Mio Nettobaukosten
- Model: Mattweiss
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: SUPERBLOCK
Our cities are growing, and their limits are increasingly expanding. The project “GrüneWelle” (“Green Wave”) of architects SUPERBLOCK and housing developer WBV GÖD is now completed, featuring an exemplary residential complex on the periphery of Vienna – between the city and the countryside – in which it could gain the first prize in the developer competition 2010. The urban “village-green” arrangement and functional density of this subsidised housing development strengthens neighborly ties, whereas its typological diversity promotes cross-generational and social mixing between residents.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: SUPERBLOCK
- Project: Grüne Welle
- Location: 1210 Vienna, Gerasdorferstrasse 149
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
- Start of construction april 2012
- Completion febuary 2014
- Developer: WBV GÖD Wohnbauvereinigung der Gewerkschaft Öffentlicher Dienst Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft
Tuesday, March 10th, 2015
Article source: BIAGIONI/PECORARI Arquitectos
Between the houses and shops of services and catering that founded the Candioti neighborhood, multi housing buildings, bars, restaurants and clothing stores are multiplying, in a transformation of vitality and diversity.
Image Courtesy © Ramiro Sosa
- Architects: BIAGIONI/PECORARI Arquitectos
- Project: Edificio en calle Candioti
- Location: Santa Fe, Argentina
- Photography: Ramiro Sosa
- Type: Collective housing.
- Project and Construction Management: Architect Gabriel Biagioni, Sergio Pecorari Arq..
- Contributors: Arq Ma Virginia Aranda, architect Claudio Tomatis….
- Structural Calculation: Ing. Rudy Grether, Ing Fernanda Carrasco.
- Indoor Area: 972 m2
Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Article source: LAN Architecture
Bordered by rue des Orteaux, rue de Fontarabie, and the Passage Fréquel, the Fréquel-Fontarabie block is the last stage of the development of the mixed development zone of the la Réunion neighborhood. This effort has sought to reduce the visible level of in-habitability, build new housing, value existing resources, and design nearby public facilities in an effort to create quality public spaces. The project to build thirty housing units has pursued a dual goal: to reconstruct the older urban fabric through small interventions within an overall framework of sustainable development.
Image Courtesy © Julien Lanoo
- Architects: LAN Architecture
- Project: 30 public housing units
- Location: 16 and 22 rue de Fontarabie, 15 passage Fréquel, 35b rue des Orteaux. Paris, 20th arrondissement
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Software used: AutoCAD
- BUDGET: EUR 5.9M before taxes
- NET USABLE AREA: 2,242.5 m²
- COMPETITION: 2006
- DELIVERY: 2014
- TEAM: LAN Architecture (Commissioned Architects), LGX Ingénierie (Project Manager), Agence Franck Boutté (HEQ Consultant)
- CONTRACTING AUTHORITY: Paris Habitat OPH
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
Article source: CHARLES ALEXÍOU INTERIOR DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE
Located on one of the grand boulevards of central Athens, this multi residential development with commercial spaces has views of the city skyline and the Acropolis.
Designed with an environmentally friendly and socially responsible ethos. The clever use of an exposed concrete structure with an external thermal insulated façade system provides a structurally robust and energy efficient structure.
On the ground floor are commercial spaces. A two (2) bedroom apartment on the first floor. A two (2) story two bedrooms plus study over the second and third floors. And another two (2) bedroom apartment on the forth floor.
Image Courtesy © Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
- Architects: CHARLES ALEXÍOU INTERIOR DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE (Lambadarios Pappas)
- Project: ECO-FRIENDLY BOUTIQUE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Vouliagmeni, Greece
- Internal Area: 439sqm
- Total Area: 439sqm
- Associate Architect: Maria Kostaki
- Design Consultant: Charles Alexiou
- Construction: LABADARIOS ARCHITECTS
- Budget: €700,000
- Cost: € 650,000
- Completed: 2011
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
Article source: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
29 PRIVATE AND 12 SOCIAL DWELLINGS IN THE CENTRE OF HOEILAART | OPEN COMPETITION FOR PPP, ORGANISED BY THE MUNICIPALITY, 1ST PLACE
Image Courtesy © Frederik Vercruysse
- Architects: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
- Project: Den Travoo
- Location: Borreweg 2-8 & Tuinendaal 5A, 1560 Hoeilaart, Belgium
- Photography: Frederik Vercruysse, Artur Eranosian
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Rhino, Photoshop
- Team: T. Boogaerts, H. Bosteels, L. Bown, M. Lefeber, M. Pocuch, T. Rigby, M. Steel, PPP – Gemeente Hoeilaart | and Van Roey Vastgoed
- Structural engineer: STABO
- Contractor:Groep Van Roey
- Surface: 6.133 m² gross
- Budget: 6.500.000,00 euro excl. vat and fees
- Timing: Competition design 2010, Completion 2014
- Status: Completed
Tuesday, February 24th, 2015
Article source: ROSSIPRODI ASSOCIATI SRL
The principles of the eco-village and the smart-city are all contained within this experimental project: green roofs, community manager, walk ability, integration of different urban functions, features and centrality of green space, environmentally friendly materials; indeed, it has been used the cross-laminated timber panels building system, making it the highest building in Europe built with this technology, enough efficient to let a reduction of 50% of the construction time at the same cost of traditional residential buildings. The Cenni district’s buildings are designed in the energy class A (the greatest energy class). The excellent performances, which allow to estimate a reduction of the consumption of the 70-80%, are the result of the construction characteristics of the buildings, of the ecological devices adopted and of the plant and equipment used (heat pumps fed by groundwater ) that allowed combine great economy, an high comfort and above all an elevated social identity of the persons who live there. Inhabitants are happy and proud to live in this district.
Image Courtesy © ROSSIPRODI ASSOCIATI SRL
Architects: ROSSIPRODI ASSOCIATI SRL
Project: SOCIAL HOUSING VIA CENNI
Location: MILAN, Italy (more…)
Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Article source: Patrick T I G H E Architecture
The La Brea mixed-use affordable housing project for people living with disabilities is a 50,000 sq ft building for the City of West Hollywood. The building maximizes density while allowing for ample outdoor space. 32 apartments are arranged around a shared exterior courtyard. Parking is provided at grade and commercial space is present along La Brea Avenue. The Southwest corner is expressed as a beacon of activity and houses the circulation and other shared amenities for the residents.
Image Courtesy © Bran Arifin
- Architects: Patrick T I G H E Architecture
- Project: La Brea Affordable Housing
- Location: West Hollywood, California, US
- Photography: Art Gray Photography, Bran Arifin, Kervin Lau
Thursday, January 22nd, 2015
Article source: 3RW Arkitekter
The student houses at Grønneviksøren are an attempt to answer a big challenge in growing cities today. How do we create sustainable architecture for a great number of people – in this case the students – who need homes for a low budget in the city?
Grønneviksøren, as a transformation area, is located just outside of Bergen city center, by a 20 minute walk. It consists of 16 different building groups with varying height up to 8 floors.
Image Courtesy © Cecilie Bannow
- Architects: 3RW Arkitekter
- Project: Grønneviksøren Student Apartments
- Location: Bergen, Norway
- Photography: Cecilie Bannow
- Month and year work completed: September 2013
- Living area: 21 750m2
- No. of housing units: 727
- Buildingowner: SIB (Studentsamskipnaden i Bergen)
- Landscape architect: Smedsvig landskapsarkitekter AS
- Main engineering firm: Multiconsult AS
- Main contractors: FaktorIndustrier AS, Norskbetontindustri AS