Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Wednesday, April 8th, 2015
Article source: OMA/Ole Scheeren
The Interlace in Singapore, a large-scale residential development by CapitaLand Singapore, has been chosen by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) in Chicago as the winner of the inaugural worldwide Urban Habitat Award 2014 in recognition of its groundbreaking contributions to the urban realm and social sustainability.
Ole Scheeren’s design generates an extensive network of private and shared spaces in a radical reinterpretation of contemporary life in a community. Instead of following the default typology of housing in dense urban environments – clusters of isolated towers – the design turns vertical isolation into horizontal connectivity and reinstates the notion of community as a central issue in today’s society.
Image Courtesy © Iwan Baan
- Architects: OMA/Ole Scheeren
- Project: The Interlace
- Location: Alexandra Road / Depot Road, Singapore
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Gross Floor Area: 170,000 m2 (1,829,864 square feet)
- Client: CapitaLand Singapore Pte Ltd
- Developer: Joint development by CapitaLand Singapore and Hotel Properties Limited
- Architect of Record: RSP Architects, Planners & Engineers Pte Ltd.
Thursday, April 2nd, 2015
Article source: 9 Optiune
The Artist Colony in Baia Mare started from the initial summer colonizations which took place every year from 1896 till 1901. In 1898 these temporary settlements were joined by the individual permanent colonization of many artists who have spent in Baia Mare shorter or longer periods of their artistic biography, thus being decisive in the establishment of a genuine permanent institutional structure known as “Colonia pictorilor”. Nowadays Colonia is represented by multiple exhibition spaces and workshops, a generous space offered to the artists, members of the Association of Plastic Artists Union.
Image Courtesy © Laura Teodora Ghinea & Mihai Dan Mustea
- Architects: 9 Optiune
- Project: Colonia pictorilor
- Location: Baia, Romania
- Photography: Laura Teodora Ghinea & Mihai Dan Mustea
Saturday, March 28th, 2015
Article source: Kirsh+Dereka Architects
The project is located in the outskirts of Stockholm at the suburb of Rinkeby. Interestedly and uniquely the 12 multi-storey housing buildings are planned to be build over the E18 highway a main artery in the road system of Sweden’s capital.
Image Courtesy © Kirsh+Dereka Architects
- Architects: Kirsh+Dereka Architects
- Project: Housing project in Järvaterrassen
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Software used: Archicad and Artlantis
- Developers of the project: re ALM Equity and ByggVesta
Friday, March 20th, 2015
Article source: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
A new residential neighborhood of 340 apartments is currently being developed on a 30,000 square-meter site on Munich’s Ludlstrasse. The design proposal submitted by AllesWirdGut in collaboration with el:ch Landscape Design came out winning in the architectural competition. Construction of the 90-million project is scheduled to begin in 2017.
Image Courtesy © AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Architects: AllesWirdGut Architektur ZT GmbH
- Project: 359_LUD
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Collaborators: Lukas Morong, Jan Schröder, Felix Reiner, Adam Gajdoš, Kay Sommer, Raquele Albini
- Landscaping: el:ch Landscape Design
- Energy planning: Transsolar
- Client: GEWOFAG Holding
- Type of Competition, Prize: Geladener Wettbewerb / 1.Preis
- Date of Competition: 01.03.2015
- Start of Construction: 2017
- Completion: 2019
- GBA: 35.790 m2
- Costs: 61,5 Mio Nettobaukosten
- Model: Mattweiss
Friday, March 13th, 2015
Article source: SUPERBLOCK
Our cities are growing, and their limits are increasingly expanding. The project “GrüneWelle” (“Green Wave”) of architects SUPERBLOCK and housing developer WBV GÖD is now completed, featuring an exemplary residential complex on the periphery of Vienna – between the city and the countryside – in which it could gain the first prize in the developer competition 2010. The urban “village-green” arrangement and functional density of this subsidised housing development strengthens neighborly ties, whereas its typological diversity promotes cross-generational and social mixing between residents.
Image Courtesy © Hertha Hurnaus
- Architects: SUPERBLOCK
- Project: Grüne Welle
- Location: 1210 Vienna, Gerasdorferstrasse 149
- Photography: Hertha Hurnaus
- Start of construction april 2012
- Completion febuary 2014
- Developer: WBV GÖD Wohnbauvereinigung der Gewerkschaft Öffentlicher Dienst Gemeinnützige Gesellschaft
Tuesday, March 10th, 2015
Article source: BIAGIONI/PECORARI Arquitectos
Between the houses and shops of services and catering that founded the Candioti neighborhood, multi housing buildings, bars, restaurants and clothing stores are multiplying, in a transformation of vitality and diversity.
Image Courtesy © Ramiro Sosa
- Architects: BIAGIONI/PECORARI Arquitectos
- Project: Edificio en calle Candioti
- Location: Santa Fe, Argentina
- Photography: Ramiro Sosa
- Type: Collective housing.
- Project and Construction Management: Architect Gabriel Biagioni, Sergio Pecorari Arq..
- Contributors: Arq Ma Virginia Aranda, architect Claudio Tomatis….
- Structural Calculation: Ing. Rudy Grether, Ing Fernanda Carrasco.
- Indoor Area: 972 m2
Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Article source: LAN Architecture
Bordered by rue des Orteaux, rue de Fontarabie, and the Passage Fréquel, the Fréquel-Fontarabie block is the last stage of the development of the mixed development zone of the la Réunion neighborhood. This effort has sought to reduce the visible level of in-habitability, build new housing, value existing resources, and design nearby public facilities in an effort to create quality public spaces. The project to build thirty housing units has pursued a dual goal: to reconstruct the older urban fabric through small interventions within an overall framework of sustainable development.
Image Courtesy © Julien Lanoo
- Architects: LAN Architecture
- Project: 30 public housing units
- Location: 16 and 22 rue de Fontarabie, 15 passage Fréquel, 35b rue des Orteaux. Paris, 20th arrondissement
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Software used: AutoCAD
- BUDGET: EUR 5.9M before taxes
- NET USABLE AREA: 2,242.5 m²
- COMPETITION: 2006
- DELIVERY: 2014
- TEAM: LAN Architecture (Commissioned Architects), LGX Ingénierie (Project Manager), Agence Franck Boutté (HEQ Consultant)
- CONTRACTING AUTHORITY: Paris Habitat OPH
Thursday, March 5th, 2015
Article source: CHARLES ALEXÍOU INTERIOR DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE
Located on one of the grand boulevards of central Athens, this multi residential development with commercial spaces has views of the city skyline and the Acropolis.
Designed with an environmentally friendly and socially responsible ethos. The clever use of an exposed concrete structure with an external thermal insulated façade system provides a structurally robust and energy efficient structure.
On the ground floor are commercial spaces. A two (2) bedroom apartment on the first floor. A two (2) story two bedrooms plus study over the second and third floors. And another two (2) bedroom apartment on the forth floor.
Image Courtesy © Charles Alexiou Interior Design & Architecture
- Architects: CHARLES ALEXÍOU INTERIOR DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE (Lambadarios Pappas)
- Project: ECO-FRIENDLY BOUTIQUE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Vouliagmeni, Greece
- Internal Area: 439sqm
- Total Area: 439sqm
- Associate Architect: Maria Kostaki
- Design Consultant: Charles Alexiou
- Construction: LABADARIOS ARCHITECTS
- Budget: €700,000
- Cost: € 650,000
- Completed: 2011
Wednesday, March 4th, 2015
Article source: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
29 PRIVATE AND 12 SOCIAL DWELLINGS IN THE CENTRE OF HOEILAART | OPEN COMPETITION FOR PPP, ORGANISED BY THE MUNICIPALITY, 1ST PLACE
Image Courtesy © Frederik Vercruysse
- Architects: BOGDAN & VAN BROECK
- Project: Den Travoo
- Location: Borreweg 2-8 & Tuinendaal 5A, 1560 Hoeilaart, Belgium
- Photography: Frederik Vercruysse, Artur Eranosian
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Rhino, Photoshop
- Team: T. Boogaerts, H. Bosteels, L. Bown, M. Lefeber, M. Pocuch, T. Rigby, M. Steel, PPP – Gemeente Hoeilaart | and Van Roey Vastgoed
- Structural engineer: STABO
- Contractor:Groep Van Roey
- Surface: 6.133 m² gross
- Budget: 6.500.000,00 euro excl. vat and fees
- Timing: Competition design 2010, Completion 2014
- Status: Completed
Tuesday, February 24th, 2015
Article source: ROSSIPRODI ASSOCIATI SRL
The principles of the eco-village and the smart-city are all contained within this experimental project: green roofs, community manager, walk ability, integration of different urban functions, features and centrality of green space, environmentally friendly materials; indeed, it has been used the cross-laminated timber panels building system, making it the highest building in Europe built with this technology, enough efficient to let a reduction of 50% of the construction time at the same cost of traditional residential buildings. The Cenni district’s buildings are designed in the energy class A (the greatest energy class). The excellent performances, which allow to estimate a reduction of the consumption of the 70-80%, are the result of the construction characteristics of the buildings, of the ecological devices adopted and of the plant and equipment used (heat pumps fed by groundwater ) that allowed combine great economy, an high comfort and above all an elevated social identity of the persons who live there. Inhabitants are happy and proud to live in this district.
Image Courtesy © ROSSIPRODI ASSOCIATI SRL
Architects: ROSSIPRODI ASSOCIATI SRL
Project: SOCIAL HOUSING VIA CENNI
Location: MILAN, Italy (more…)