Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Wednesday, September 12th, 2012
Article source: b10+n architects
The building of 42 social housing is situated on a triangular-shaped plot in the new district of Barajas, plot that results from the intersection between the diagonal street at south-western edge of the new urban extension and the orthogonal grid characteristic of this urban planning. This intersection generates half-surfaced plots that are located in edge position.
Image Courtesy Miguel De Guzmán
- Architect: b10+n architects
- Project: 42 Social Housing in the New District of Barajas
- Location: Playa de Barlovento st. Corner with Zarautz st., 25 Plan parcial uzp 1.01. Ensanche de Barajas, Madrid
- Architects: Marta Barrera Matilla, Alfredo Diez Torre, Fernando Nieto Fernández
- Promoter: Empresa Municipal De la Vivienda y Suelo De Madrid Emvs
- Collaborators: Alberto Aragoneses Calvo, José Luis Carriedo Tardáguila, Valladares Ingeniería S.L.
- Quantity Surveyor: Antonio Carazo Molina
- Competition Date: 2007
- Completion Date: 2011
- Photographer Credits: Miguel De Guzmán
Thursday, August 30th, 2012
Article source: kit architects in collaboration with schibliholenstein architekten
The new residential development on the outskirts of the town Nuerensdorf consists of six buildings, which occupy the land equally. The loose alternating arrangement allows multiple connections to the open countryside in the north and to the garden framed single and multifamily dwellings in the immediate neighborhood. With their windmill-like floor plan the buildings fit the scale of the existing context. A seven and a four unit house are the two basic types, both combining duplexes with detached character, ground floor apartments and penthouses. All dwellings are dual aspects with private outdoor spaces along the recessed corners – on ground floor level as perches followed by private gardens, on first floor level as loggias and on the attic floor as spacious terraces. The individual units are organized by an entrance zone with compactly arranged adjoining rooms, a bedroom zone and an open-plan living-dining area with interesting cross and external references.
kit architects in collaboration with schibliholenstein architekten
- Architect: kit architects in collaboration with schibliholenstein architekten
- Project: Housing development Nuerensdorf
- Location: Nuerensdorf Zurich, Switzerland
- Landscape Design: planetage
- Structural Engineering: WGG Schnetzer Puskas Ingenieure AG
- Environmental Engineering: 3-Plan
- Status: invited competition 2012 | 1st place
- Type: housing development
- Size: 8’000 m2
Friday, August 17th, 2012
Article source: Matte Devaux Rousseau architecture
THE PROJECT WITHIN THE URBAN ENVIRONMENT
The project is located in the western outer rim of the town, next to the A7 freeway in the Petite Garrigue neighborhood.
The environment on the Eastern front all along the Paul Guigou boulevard is scarcely populated with a few isolated apartment buildings.
Image Courtesy Stéphane Chalmeau
- Architects : Matte Devaux Rousseau architecture
- Project: Housing Vitrolles
- Location: Vitrolles, Bouches du Rhone, France
- Client : 13 Habitat
- Project Year: 2008-2012
- Cost: 6,900,000 € HT
- Project Area: 5,315 sqm
- Photographs: Stéphane Chalmeau
- Software used: Autocad and 3ds Max
Image Courtesy Stéphane Chalmeau
Tuesday, July 31st, 2012
Article source: EKKY Studio
A property development company issued a request for submission of a proposal for the design and construction of an affordable student housing complex close to the university of Cyprus, in Aglantzia area of Nicosia -Cyprus.
Through our research, a new building typology was explored. EKKY studio proposal for the CYC Students residence can house 70-76 students and it can potentially create public facilities for the students of the neighbouring properties, aiming at creating a contemporary student housing hub.
Image Courtesy Sergio Godoy
- Architects: EKKY Studio
- Project: CYC student Residence
- Location: NicoSlas, Aglantzia, Cyprus
- Client : K&P Christou Developers & Melma Properties
- Project Year: 2012
- Project Area: 2400 sqm
- Status: Private Competition – First Prize
- Stage: In progress
- Rendering: Sergio Godoy
Saturday, July 28th, 2012
Article source: Philippe GAZEAU Architecte
The BH2 programme is located at the north-east end of the ZAC mixed development zone, in the “Bois Habité” area. It is bounded by the Rue Claude Bernard to the east, and by the Boulevard de Cleunay to the north.
The immediate vicinity:
To the south of the programme there is a recent housing estate made up of small collective housing units of between R+1 and R+3. There is a difference of about one metre between the levels of the existing housing estate and the land.
To the west of the land, the existing sports ground is being kept, and included in the public parkland bordering the operation, and linked to it by footpaths.
Image Courtesy Stephane Chalmeau
- Architects: Philippe GAZEAU Architecte
- Project: 76 Housings in la Courrouze, Rennes
- Location: La Courrouze, Rennes, France
- Engineer: COTEC
- Economist: CDLP Rennes
- Bureau de contrôle : DEKRA
- Coordonnateur SPS : Qualiconsult sécurité
- Software used: AutoCAD
Friday, July 13th, 2012
Article source: Roberto Ercilla Arquitectura
The proposed solution deals with the urban character of the closed block with a common open space for the community –the inner patio-.
To provide an adequate scale to the project, the following is proposed:
Unitary treatment of the outer façade by means of translucent glass cladding that “dematerializes” the strong presence of the closed block.
Housing Units in Salburua
- Architects: Roberto Ercilla Arquitectura
- Project: 190 Housing Units
- Location: Parcela PA 1 Sector 10 Izarra, Salburua. Vitoria, Spain
- Project Architect: Roberto Ercilla, Miguel Angel Campo
- Developer: Larcovi S.A.L.
- Technical Architects: Amaia Vasallo, Jose Antonio Oyarbide
- Construction Company: EBA- Grupo San José
- Surface: 27.715 m²
- Works Budget: 13.905.000 €
Friday, July 13th, 2012
Article source: François Noël
Conceived for Paris Habitat – OPH, the 45-apartment housing project on rue Riquet in the 19th arrondissement in Paris is a follow-up to an award obtained in 2007. The 8-story street-side building is located on a parcel in the midst of a densely populated neighborhood, very close to avenue de Flandre.
Image Courtesy Martin Argyroglo
- Architects: François Noël
- Project: Social Housing F Noel
- Location: Paris, France
- Completion date : Dec 2011
Thursday, July 12th, 2012
Article source: NL Architects
De Kameleon is a supersized housing block including a new shopping center and plenty of parking in the area formerly known as Bijlmermeer.
The Bijlmer is the one area in the Netherlands that sometimes is considered a ghetto. At the moment the area is going through a radical renovation process: an attempt is being made to turn it into a regular Dutch suburb. Standard low-rise housing is introduced that replaces the 10 storey apartment buildings but also the green spaces in-between them. In spite of the new format, the Bijlmer remains exotic: it is the place to be for a sensational Roti or sundried Bats.
Image Courtesy Luuk Kramer
- Architects: NL Architects
- Project: Kameleon
- Location: Bijlmer, The Netherlands
Thursday, June 28th, 2012
Article source: Juana Canet Arquitectos
The site is located in a housing development area in Calvia coast, close to a pine forest overlooking the sea. The client wanted to have a house with views among the trees.
The building is fitted in the plot towards the buildable boundary enclosing itself in a half moon shape and focusing all the rooms towards the sea. In order to preserve the existing trees the shape of the building is adapted to their position, so the constructed area is understood as independent pavillions on the one side connected on the other through a common and ample area that allows people to move along.
- Architects: Juana Canet Arquitectos
- Project: Casa poligonal
- Location: Housing development in Bendinat, Mallorca
- Type: Single house with swimmingpool and garage
- Team: Juana Canet arquitectos
- Client: Private
- Contractor: Eix 114 s.l.
- Surface: 267,27 m2
- Contract value: 257.824,19 €
- Data: Under construction 30%
- Software used: Autocad,3d max, Photoshop, Rhino
Wednesday, June 20th, 2012
Article source: Leonit Gecaj
The dormitories are applying a minimalist architecture based on the essential forms of rationalism and functionalism. Also, the module is inspired by Le Corbusier.
The reason why focusing on these styles is that to achieve the optimal performance of the student so by removing all the ornaments and unnecessary and dysfunctional loads (Adolph Loos, Ornament and Crime).
So the aforementioned building is not the Palace of Versailles or flashy baroque and rococo salon that will confuse students and at the same time will also rise the costs of construction and maintenance, but a functional object where conformism reaches the highest standards of living and welfare of the student in XXI century.
Student Housing Kosovo
- Architects: Leonit Gecaj
- Project: Student Housing Kosovo
- Location: Gjakova, western