Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Article source: amann cánovas maruri
Located in a recently redeveloped area in the industrial town of Coslada, close to Madrid, the project is born of the arrangement between different uses and different height levels: underground parking, offices and commercial uses from the public ground floor to the public raised space on the third floor platform, and from this level residential spaces: it is a hybrid building in the periphery.
Image Courtesy © David Frutos
- Architects: amann cánovas maruri
- Project: 118 Subsidized dwellings, offices, retail spaces and garage
- Location: Coslada, Spain
- Photography: David Frutos
- Software used: Autocad and 3dsmax.
- Design: Basic design: 2005-2006
- Enginering: Start of construction: 2010
- Begining of the construction: Weekend work: 2012
- Design team: Beatriz Amann, Mauro Bravo, Javier Gutiérrez,Patricia Lucas, Ana López, Pablo Sigüenza, Rafael Marcos, Carlos Ríos
- Promoter: EMVICOSA, Municipal Housing Coslada
- Contractor: ETOSA. SA
- Client: EMVICOSA, Municipal Housing Coslada
- Field architects: Andrés Canovas y Nicolás Maruri.
- Cost: 8,723,254 €
- Structures: Mecanismo / Florentino Regalado
- Enginering: S. L. Internal Conditions
- Interior Designer: Atxu Amann, Andrés Cánovas, Nicolás Maruri
- Models: Beatrice Amann, Mauro Bravo, Patricia Lucas, Carlos Rios
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Article source: Roberto Ercilla Architecture
A U-shaped volumetry is planned for the initial layout.
Three excavations are to be done on corners. As they will break down the initial volume, they will allow more sunlight and comfort for the patio.
The south-facing garden area presides as the community centre.
Image Courtesy © Roberto Ercilla Architecture
- Architects: Roberto Ercilla Architecture
- Project: 111 HOMES
- Location: Larrein Salburua, Spain
- Awards: 1st Prize Competition Extension 21
- Customer: EBA Construcciones S. L.
- Technical Architect: Amaia Vasallo
- Collaborators: Iñaki Ciganda, Raquel Ochoa, Marina Anda, Vanesa Otaduy, Mamen Orbañanos, Eduardo Martín, Amaiba Ineniería
- Construction Company: Construcciones San José Group EBA
- Surfaces: 16,411 m²
- Budget: € 8,743,478
Sunday, April 13th, 2014
Article source: Francisco Mangado
The proposal aims at rationalizing as much as possible the urban occupation as well as the resulting schemes. This project elevates the principle of efficiency to architectural category, a principle that is considered essential when it comes to dealing with subsidized and social housing projects, because it affects not only those decisions regarding layout or typology, but also the architectural projection and design.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Pegenaute
- Architects: Francisco Mangado
- Project: 219 Social Housing
- Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Photography: Pedro Pegenaute
- Budget: 18.850.535 €
- Competition: 2005 First prize competition.
- Project: 2006
- Construction: 2010
- Client: Jaureguizar Promoción y Gestión Inmobiliaria S.L.
- Design Team: José Gastaldo. Idoia Alonso. Carlos Urzainqui
- Structural engineering: Forjanor
- Installations engineering: CEISL Ingeniería. Ángel Martínez
- Quantity surveyor: José Mª Bilbao Elguezabal
- Contractor: Jaureguizar Promoción y Gestión Inmobiliaria S.L.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
Article source: marjan hessamfar & joe vérons associés architectes
« Rives de Gravette » is a 36 apartment and business premises development situated on a hillside in the lower part of Floirac. Its construction marks the beginning of urban renewal in the area.
In this housing estate, clean-lined and modernised iconic shapes of a house and of a block of apartments are simply interconnected.
South facing view on the « avenue de la Libération », Image Courtesy © Arthur Pequin photography
- Architects: marjan hessamfar & joe vérons associés architectes
- Project: Aquitanis community housing- 36 apartments
- Location: Floirac, France
- Photography: Arthur Pequin photography
- Completion: September 2013
- Strategy: French THPE (very high energy efficiency)
- Client: Aquitanis
- Structural engineers: OTCE
- Landscape architect: SIGNE
- Construction costs: €4 390 000 excl VAT
- Area 3753 m² GEA
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: CUBE design + research
The adaptive reuse of Henry Hobson Richardson’s 1875 Hayden Building was two-fold: convert a dilapidated commercial building into housing for a not-for-profit developer and preserve the ideas and storied past that shaped this National Landmark building.
Image Courtesy © CUBE design + research
- Architects: CUBE design + research
- Project: The Hayden Building
- Location: Boston, U.S.A
- Software used: Sketchup
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Pietri Architectes
Located on the banks of the river Seine, facing Ile Saint-Germain, the project meets the requirements of highly demanding sustainable development specifications.
With their simple volumetry, the specificity of the housing units lies in the handling of the external spaces which extend beyond the facades to create zinc “boxes” positioned to take advantage of the views and sunlight.
Corner of the Quai Stalingrad and mail Hirondelles. Facade pre-smooth white walls and aluminum cowling. Facade pre-stamped white walls and glazing VEC. Image Courtesy © Thierry Favatier
- Architects: Pietri Architectes
- Project: CARRE SEINE
- Location: Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
- Photography: Thierry Favatier, Vincent Fillon
- Programme: construction of 69 housing units (low energy consumption, French NF housing standards, HEQ) and a 175 bedroom residential hotel (low energy consumption, French NF housing standards, HEQ 7.0)
- Client: Eiffage, Coffim
- Project management: Jean Baptiste Pietri, Anthony Fournier-Baïxas, Emilie Ballu, Jérémy Louette; sustainable development engineers: Franck Boutte Consultant; utilities engineers: Anthiope; Acoustics: Avel; Landscape design: Atelier Jours
- Surface: 15,000 m²
- Cost: 21M€
- Competition: winner, July 2009
- Programme: contractor bid phase
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: Atelier Kempe Thill
In the next decade the new city quarter “Antwerp Nieuw-Zuid” will be realized along the river Schelde in the Southwest of Antwerp as a high-quality extension of the historic city centre. Recently as one of the first implementations the building process started on the “bigger and cheaper” housing project by Atelier Kempe Thill.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Kempe Thill
- Architects: Atelier Kempe Thill
- Project: ECO-HOUSING
- Location: Antwerp Nieuw-Zuid, Belgium
- Client: Triple Living Antwerp, Belgium
- Program: 32 apartments and commercial spaces
- Co-architect: Polo architecten Antwerp
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
The apartment building, located in Barajas in the group of blocks under the management of the new extension of Barajas, was generated mainly at first to catch the light, wind and outdoor life.
Based on the urban zoning for this block, the building is conceived as a game where the apartments act as blocks on top of five floor slabs creating interspersed terraces and open spaces.
Image Courtesy © ROLAND HALBE
- Architects: Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
- Project: Barajas Social Building Block
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Roland Halbe
- Client: Empresa Municipal de Vivienda y Suelo de Madrid S.A EMVS
- Basic Project Director: Elena Rocchi, Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
- Execution Project Director: Salvador Gilaber, Elena Rocchi, Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
- Construction Project Director: Salvador Gilaber, Miralles Tagliabue EMBT
- Colaborators: Alex Ruiz, Susana Oses, Cesar Trujillo, Marta Ruiz Nieto, Jordi, Gorbe Neira, Valentina Antinucci, Laura Weiss, Jack O’Kelly, Cristián Ferrera,Vaiva Simoliunaite, Jesús Baranda, Carls Ernesto, Lince, Carolina Carvalho, Ramón Gómez, Pedro Rodríguez, Gómez Limón, Marco Coletti.
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: Metropolis Communication
Log architectes’ housing, office and commercial program deals with a specific corner condition by joining the street-side facade to the gable wall, turning it into a facade in its own right.
A clear and simple volumetry, the rhythmic composition of the facade and the contextually relevant materiality of the building allow it to precisely fit into the surrounding urban fabric.
Image Courtesy © LOG Architectes
- Architects: LOG Architectes
- Project: Quanim
- Owners: Private and public
- Project management : LOG architects and Jean-Pierre Bouanha (former associate) for the SD et DD phases
- Program: Construction of a mixed building, housing + offices + shop
- Area: 1,319 sq. m. net floor area
- Cost: € 3,200,000 excl. VAT
- Schedule: construction’s length: 14 months – Delivery: October 2014
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: Mangor & Nagel ARKITEKTFIRMA
ØSS 5 is located in Ørestad, the newly developed part of Copenhagen, and is situated on a corner, shaped like an angle where the facades follow the movements of the streets. The main body of the building, which has 108 housing units distributed on nine floors, is elevated on the heavy base which is developed for commercial use.
Image Courtesy © Tom Jersøe
- Architects: Mangor & Nagel ARKITEKTFIRMA
- Project: ØSS 5 – Ørestad Housing
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Tom Jersøe
- Building project: Housing and commercial space in Ørestad City, Denmark
- Area: 10.000 sqm
- Year: 2013
- Client: CERACO
- Building contractor: Dahl Entreprise
- Engineering: OBH Gruppen