Archive for the ‘Housing Development’ Category
Wednesday, July 26th, 2017
Article source: COBE
As the centrepiece of Copenhagen’s redeveloped Nordhavn (North Harbour), Danish architects COBE and clients Klaus Kastbjerg and NRE Denmark unveil the completed transformation of The Silo. The former industrial silo was originally used as a storage container for grain. Fifty years later, the 17-storey silo has been converted for new use as a residential apartment building with 38 unique units, ranging from 106 m2 to 401 m2 in size, and with public functions such as event and dining facilities on the upper and lower levels.
Image Courtesy © Rasmus Hjortshøj – COAST
- Architects: COBE
- Project: The Silo
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Photography: Rasmus Hjortshøj – COAST
- Clients: Klaus Kastbjerg and NRE Denmark
- Landscape architect: COBE
- Engineers: Balslev and Wessberg
- Contractor: NRE Denmark
- Size: 10,000 m2
- Status: Commissioned in 2013, completed in 2017
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: Luis Aldrete estudio de arquitectura
Rinconada Margaritas is a vertical housing complex, set up with three buildings in a 10,126 sqm. site. A fundamental part of the project lies on the site conditions, preserving a ravine with an important density of trees and plants. The strategic emplacement of the buildings, leaves 80% of the site´s area for green areas and open spaces, this represents a privilege due its urban condition.
Image Courtesy © Onnis Luque
- Architects: Luis Aldrete estudio de arquitectura
- Project: Rinconada Margaritas
- Location: Efraín González Luna 2164 CP44150 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Photography: Onnis Luque
- Architect: Luis Aldrete
- Project coordination: Cynthia Mojica, Diego García C.
- First stage collaborators: Denisse Sandoval, Miguel Valverde, Fausto Lazcano, Raúl Miranda, Jorge Muñoz
- Second stage collaborators: Christian Coss, Catalina Joya, Adriana Villegas
- Art: Octavio Abúndez, Alejandro Almanza, Jerónimo Jagerman, Los Jaichakers, Pedro Reyes, Eduardo Sarabia
- Developer: Grupo Cube
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: CYS.ASDO
The site is located at the Beitou Qiyan ecology redevelopment district. Therefore, to integrate with the natural scenes of sky and mountains has become a major focus for the project.
Extension after compression
In response to the planning concept of the area, it is required to provide a large amount of open space including the entrance square, street square, dotted square and linear open space for public use. The interior space on the ground floor is reduced, but through the extended floor/ ceiling inside out and by adopting the natural building materials, we add the texture of integrating with the environment and the visual extension. A large number of windows and grills create the openness and layers of the space, which makes even broader visual effect on the ground floor.
Image Courtesy © K. M. Lee
- Architects: CYS.ASDO
- Project: Qiyan Cloud
- Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Photography: K. M. Lee
- Architect in charge: Chung-Yei Sheng
- Design Team: Jill Yang, Orange Kang, Peggy Chiang
- Area: 11762 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Article source: Stefano Boeri Architetti
The first Chinese Forest City by Stefano Boeri Architetti is turning into reality. A city where offices, houses, hotels, hospitals and schools are entirely covered by plants and trees.
Once completed, the new city will host 30,000 people, absorb almost 10,000 tons of CO2 and 57 tons of pollutants per year and produce approximately 900 tons of oxygen.
Image Courtesy © Stefano Boeri Architetti
- Architects: Stefano Boeri Architetti
- Project: Liuzhou Forest City
- Location: Liuzhou, China
- Client: Liuzhou Municipality Urban Planning Bureau
- Partners: Stefano Boeri, Yibo Xu
- Project Leader: Pietro Chiodi
- Team Architects: Julia Gocalek, Yinxin Bao, Shilong Tan with Giulia Chiatante
- Cooperative Design Institute in China: Shanghai Tongyan Architectural and Planning Design Co. Ltd.
- Area: 138.5 ha
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: AllesWirdGut
In Kirchberg / Luxembourg AllesWirdGut build an ensemble of two large and two smaller buildings accommodating a total of 110 apartments.
The stretched-out buildings in the Quartier du Parc in Kirchberg, Luxembourg, are situated on the northeastern edge of a development area. The northwestern side is bounded by Konrad Adenauer Boulevard. On the south side, the ensemble opens to Parc Reimerwee. Due to their orientation and different rental systems, the two volumes are seen as “fraternal twins”. Together, they make a strong duo that have certain things in common on the outside, while their interiors are different.
Image Courtesy © Michael Sohm
- Architects: AllesWirdGut
- Project: Quartier du Parc, Reimerwee
- Location: Kirchberg, Luxembourg
- Visualization: Michael Sohm
- Client: Sociéte Nationale des Habitations à Bon Marché (SNHBM), Luxembourg + Fonds Kirchberg
- Team Competition: Felix Reiner, Karel Bartos, Laurenz Batka, Ria Roberg
- Team Execution: Baptiste Quételart, Felix Reiner, Florian Gottler, Jessica Wannhoff, Luca Melchiori
- GFA: 12.384 m²
- Competition: 10/2015
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: WE architecture
WE Architecture, together with JWH Arkitekter and By Munch, have won a competition to design a new allergy-friendly row-house complex in Skødstrup, north of Aarhus.
The project proposes a sustainable and innovative usage of water, soil and air, being the first to follow the new quality guide for new social housing, published by the Aarhus municipality. The idea is to have a green suburban plantation where the landscape and overviews are emphasized by low rise housing units of (mainly) 2 storeys.
Image Courtesy © WE architecture and JWH arkitekter
- Architects: WE architecture and JWH arkitekter
- Project: Lauritshøj, Skødstrup
- Location: Skødstrup, North of Aarhus, Denmark
- Client: Al2bolig
- Landscape architect: By munch
- Size: 4950m2, 55 housing
- Year: 2017
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: C.F. Møller Architects
Geysir is a new and modern residential tower in Kista, north of Stockholm, which, with its central location, simultaneous will serve as the City’s new meeting place.
Geysir will, in terms of both expression and content, become a significant building that will unify residents of Kista and the surrounding urban districts.
Image Courtesy © C.F. Møller Architects
- Architects: C.F. Møller Architects
- Project: GEYSIR – KV HEKLA
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Client: Aros Bostad and Vasakronan
- Size: 15000 m² (13.000 housing and 2.000 m² retail)
- Year: 2017
Friday, June 30th, 2017
Article source: Form4 Architecture
The asymmetrical balance between nature and architecture is the supporting idea for Form4 Architecture’s design of VMware Campus, set in Palo Alto, CA, housing the cloud infrastructure and business mobility company’s headquarters. Encompassing 11 buildings and three parking structures for a total of more than 1.8 million square feet, the campus was designed to reject the confines of traditional office buildings, and capitalize on the serene setting in which it was built as a reflection of the company’s values. The architecture and design scheme take on its forms by revisiting the basic principles of urban design with a 21st-century twist. The project’s architecture of presence is discreet, but not timid. It sets a mechanism that allows for the flexibility of future growth, yet is fully realized in its architectural aspiration.
Image Courtesy © John Sutton
- Architects: Form4 Architecture
- Project: VMware Campus
- Location: Palo Alto, California, USA
- Photography: John Sutton
- Design Principal: John Marx, AIA
- Principal-in-Charge: Robert Giannini
- Principal/Project Manager: James Tefend, AIA
- Developer: Hines
- Contractor: Swinerton Builders
- Landscape Architect: PWP Landscape Architecture; Studio 5
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Article source: Alexandre Lucas
UNIQUE RESIDENCE has units that fall on this line of credit, in addition to already have the system all the assessment and property framework that streamlines the hiring and credit guarantee!
Ministry of Cities will relocate R $ 2.5 billion (for housing this value is quickly consumed) to the line which finances the home; credit had been suspended for lack of funds.
Image Courtesy © Alexandre Lucas
- Architects: Alexandre Lucas
- Project: Unique Residence
- Location: Lajeado, Brazil
Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Article source: LEVS architecten
In the village of Bussum, three sculptural apartment-villas stand amid the semi-public area between the Brinklaan and the district office building Gewestkantoor, another LEVS project from 2011. The villas form part of the Spoorzone Zuid, an urban plan by LEVS architecten, that stretches along both sides of one of the busiest railways in the Netherlands. In scale and measure, the villas fit in well with the surrounding environment, which dates back to the late 19th century.
Image Courtesy © LEVS architecten
- Architects: LEVS architecten
- Project: Apartment-villas Het Gewest
- Location: Bussum, The Netherlands