Archive for the ‘Illustrator’ Category
Sunday, January 27th, 2013
Article source: NL Architects
Qube is a commission for an office building in Amsterdam. Qube is part of a development called IJpunt by G&S Vastgoed. IJpunt will consist of four blocks designed by Claus en Kaan, Dedato, MVSA and NL A.
The site is truly unique: the most western corner of the Minervahaven, overlooking the Mercuriushaven and the river IJ. Well connected to both the city center as the rest of the world, both by car, public transport and bike.
Image Courtesy NL Architects
- Architects: NL Architects
- Project: Qube
- Location: IJpunt, Minervahaven, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nl Architects: Pieter Bannenberg, Walter Van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Team: Arne Van Wees With: Giulia Pastore, Gen Yamamoto, Gert Jan Machiels
- Qube: Office Building, Ijpunt,Minervahaven, Amsterdam 2012 – 201?
- Client: G&S Vastgoed
- Size: Gross Floor Area 6560m², Net Floor Area 5940m², Plot 2430m²
- Structural Engineers: Van Der Vorm
- Installations: Wichers & Dreef
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino 3D, 3dS Max, Adobe Illustrator
Friday, January 18th, 2013
Article source: Mikou Design Studio
This new building is a remarkable amenity in the city centre, visible by its façades and its roof, a founding element of the project. We designed it to be both welcoming and protective, turned inwards towards inner courtyards to ensure privacy.
Building’s aerial view : Image Courtesy Florian Kleinfenn
- Architects: Mikou Design Studio
- Project: Bobigny School Complex
- Location: Bobigny, Paris, France
- Program: Pre-school, Primary School, Sports And Recreation Center, Library
- Client: City of Bobigny
- Surface: 5 000 m²
- Date: Completion septembre 2012
- Photo Credits: Florian Kleinfenn
- Software used: Autocad LT 2011, Rhinoceros, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Saturday, January 12th, 2013
Article source: Studio North
Camp at Cabot Beach is designed to address the needs of children between the ages of 8-17 who are living in families that have been affected by chronic illness or disability. The camp was established 5 years ago and runs for 3 weeks every August. In 2009 they needed new facilities.
Frontview : Image Courtesy © Matthew Kennedy
- Architects: Studio North
- Project: Camp at Cabot Beach
- Location: Malpeque, Prince Edward Island
- Photography: Matthew Kennedy
- Collaborators: Clayton Blackman, Andrew Choptiany, Sam Lock
- Area: 3,900sq.ft.
- Completed: 2009
- Software used: Designed the camp by hand, drawings and modeling using rhino; also used illustrator for diagrams and lineweights.
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013
Article source: Shogo Iwata Architects
This building was built in Kagawa Japan. It locates nearby Mt. Yashima, the natural monument of this region, suburb of Takamatu city. We designed this building as a floating white box which benefits from the scenery of Mt. Yashima.
View of the west facade : Image Courtesy © Shigeo Ogawa
- Architects: Shogo Iwata Architects
- Project: Yashima Project
- Location: Kagawa, Japan
- Photography: Shigeo Ogawa
- Main use: Residential care home for the elderly
- Site area: 1685.26㎡
- Building area:933.57㎡
- Total floor area: 1566.39㎡
1st floor: 800.11㎡
2nd floor: 766.28㎡
- Number of private room for residents: 31
- Structure: Reinforced concrete structure
- Date of completion: 2012/10
- Software used: Vectorworks for drawing, illustrator and photoshop for other things
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
Located in Los Angeles’s Hancock Park neighborhood, this scheme combines disparate elements to fulfill needs for private and public entertainment, with a unique phenomenological-based design solution between shelter, environment and user.
Image Courtesy Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Architects: Robert Kerr Architecture Design
- Project: Huec
- Location: Los Angeles
- Software used: Autocad for the drawings, and Photoshop, Rhino and Illustrator for all presentation work
Friday, December 7th, 2012
Article source: Dellekamp Arquitectos
Daegu-Gosan Park Library proposes a progressively ascending spiral that both creates a collaborative learning environment and dynamically merges with the life unfolding in the surrounding city park. The book-stacks wrapping the outer wall of the four-story spiral ramp facilitate browsing its walk of shared continuous knowledge.
Exterior : Image Courtesy © Dellekamp Arquitectos
- Architects: Dellekamp Arquitectos
- Project: Daegu-Gosan Park Library
- Location: Daegu, South Korea
- Architectural Project: Dellekamp Arquitectos | Derek Dellekamp
- Project Leader: Jachen Schleich
- Program: Public Library
- Status: International Competition
- Team: Luis Morales, Jorge Escobedo, Cristian Jorge Ramírez, Pavel Rentería, Valentina Sánchez, Jérémie Dagaud, Antoine Calcagno, José Cherem Serur, Gustavo Hernández.
- Text: Yaocí Pardo.
- Software used: ZWCAD, Photoshop, Ilustrator, SketchUp
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Article source: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
The concept design proposal is based on the social aspect that defines every manufactured product within its geographical scope. This social aspect manifests itself through the design of an externally equipped public space, internal common areas with natural light, an elaborate landscape and hard-scape design, a predisposition of interesting observation points and the contemplation of their surrounding context, and the desire to accentuate a constant permeable state between external and internal spaces.
Image Courtesy Organic Scapes and Architecture
- Architects: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
- Project: Redevelopment of Malga Fosse
- Location: Comune di Siror, Trento, Italy
- Project in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Type: International Competition
- Program: Restaurant, Residence, Bar
- Year: 2012
- Status: Competition Entry
- Team: [OS+A – Gabriel Belli Butler, Stefano Rocchetti] in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Energy and Sustainabilty Consultant: Lukas Sosna
- Building Volume: 1740 m³
- Software used: Rhino 4.0, 3D studio Max 11, Vray 1.5, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS5
Saturday, November 10th, 2012
Article source: PLANT Architect Inc.
The Canadian Firefighters Memorial officially opened on September 9, in Ottawa. Located at the site of the capital’s devastating fire of 1900, this urban-planning memorial ensemble was collaboratively designed by PLANT Architect Inc. and Canadian visual artist and novelist Douglas Coupland. The team won the national competition hosted by the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation (CFFF) and the National Capital Commission (NCC) in 2010.
Image Courtesy © PLANT Architect Inc.
- Architects: PLANT Architect Inc. in collaboration with Douglas Coupland
- Project:Canadian Firefighters Memorial
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Client: Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation (CFFF) in collaboration with National Capital Commission (NCC)
- Photographer: Steven Evans | Linda Matta | © PLANT Architect Inc.
- Project manager: Mary Tremain, Partner, PLANT Architect Inc., GB Associates
- Design team: PLANT Architect Inc. — Mary Tremain, Lisa Rapoport, Chris Pommer (Partners; Architects) | Vanessa Eickhoff (Associate; Landscape Architect; OALA) | Suzanne Ernst | Jeremy McGregor
- Collaborators: Douglas Coupland (Artist)
- Blackwell Bowick Partnership Ltd. (Structural Engineering)
- Novatech Engineering Consultants Ltd. (Civil Engineering)
- Goodkey Weedmark and Associates Ltd. (Electrical Engineering)
- A.W. Hooker Associates Ltd. (Quantity Surveyor)
- Contractor: Prestige Design & Construction Ltd.
- Lighting design: Suzanne Powadiuk Design Inc.
- Surface: 3,000 m2
- Project end date: September 2012
- Software used: For the main design, used Vectorworks, Sketch-Up, and Photoshop softwares. The overall wall design was done in Vectorworks. Detailed type design was done in Indesign and Adobe Illustrator.
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012
Article source: Kidosaki Architects Studio
The owner spent quite a few years for found this site, therefore my main concern was to link the beautiful vast sea of trees spread out to Mt. Asama (Asamayama in Japanese) with internal space.
First of all, we can enjoy a sea of trees from the approach deck to the entrance. When open the large door to the living room, Mt. Asama and the foot of it spread in picture window frame formed by the deep and low-height eaves.
Image Courtesy Junji Kojima
- Architects: Kidosaki Architects Studio
- Project: House in Asamayama
- Location: Nagano, Japan
- Photography: 45g Photography- Junji Kojima
- Architects: Kidosaki Architects Studio- Hirotaka Kidosaki,
- Principal-in-charge; Coco Ashihara
- Structural Engineer: Takashi Manda Structure Design- Takashi Manda, Mitsuru Kobayashi
- General contractor: Niitsugumi
- Structural System: Reinforced concrete, steel-frame partly
- Site area: 1301.31m2,
- Built area: 225.51m2,
- Total floor area: 145.27m2
- Construction: August 2010 to August 2011
- Software used: Vectorworks and Adobe Illustrator
Wednesday, October 10th, 2012
Article source: COEN!
Three symbols captured in one reflective new design by COEN! Wear this translation of these three important values in life. Or hare them in a special way to show that you care. Enjoy wearing this jewel and find love, hope and faith for yourself, for the ones you love and for the rest of the world.
This precious jewel love hope faith has been handmade in Holland. It is made of surgical steel and comes together with a necklace.
Image Courtesy COEN!
- Architects: COEN!
- Project: Jewel Love Hope Faith
- Location: Holland
- Jewel size: 55 x 40 x 3 mm
- Material: Surgical steel, one side polished and one side brushed
- Software used: Adobe Illustrator