Archive for the ‘InDesign’ Category
Wednesday, March 21st, 2018
Article source: ZHOU Wei + ZHANG Bin / Atelier Z+
“River Viewing Service Station” is a service station at Lujiazui northern riverside section on the eastern bank of the Project on “Connecting Both Sides of Huangpu River of Shanghai”, providing citizens with rest spaces and public toilets. The station is within a narrow levee-shaped green field defined by riverside running path and inner riding path. It is an extension of the access of an existing underground garage staircase. The site is more than two meters above the city roads with the northern riverside slightly higher than the southern side. In the neighborhood there are many old trees, forming a small forest. In order to balance an extremely short project schedule of only one month and our unremitting pursuit forquality and space experience and to give consideration to problems such as space constraint and control of garage roof structural weight, we adopted the steel and wood hybrid system mainly composed of laminated wood to make a rapid construction possible. With a high prefabricated rate, the site is basically adopting dry construction, which has little impact on the environment.
Image Courtesy © WU Qingshan
- Architects: ZHANG Bin + ZHOU Wei / Atelier Z +
- Project: River View Service Station
- Location: Binjiang avenue, Pudong, Shanghai, China
- Photography: WU Qingshan
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop
- Client: Shanghai LuJiazui (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Partner in Charge: ZHANG Bin, ZHOU Wei
- Project Architect: LI Zina
- Project Team: LIU Xiaoyu, ZHANG Jihao, XIE Zhaorong
- Design Cooperation: Shanghai SKF Construction Co.,Ltd.
- General Contractor: Shanghai Shunjie Construction (Group) Co., Ltd., Shanghai SKF Construction Co.,Ltd.
Thursday, March 1st, 2018
Article source: Gerber Architekten GmbH
Gerber Architekten have been awarded 1st prize for their design of the Hainan BoAo Bio-Medical Regeneration and Research Centre. This new 90,000 m² health resort with a medical centre and associated stem cell research facilities is to be constructed on Hainan Island in the South China Sea. It will be a unique combination of world-class medical departments and facilities for rest and recuperation, equipped to provide the highest standards of comfort.
Image Courtesy © Gerber Architekten GmbH
- Architects: Gerber Architekten GmbH
- Project: Hainan BoAo Bio-Medical Regeneration Clinic (Research) Center
- Location: Hainan, China
- Software used: Rhino, Grasshopper, Lumion, ArchiCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
Article source: CAB ARCHITECTES (CALORI AZIMI BOTINEAU)
When we discovered the immense sky and the plateau devoid of physical constraints we sought to capture the landscape by a simple form and by an abstract architectural language.
The proximity of the site to the edge of the woodland led us intuitively to the primary material as it seemed necessary in this country-side site to place the building lightly on the ground. To achieve this we chose to define the project by a steel exoskeleton.
Image Courtesy © AldoAmoretti
- Architects: CAB ARCHITECTES (CALORI AZIMI BOTINEAU)
- Project: Ensae Paristech Campus Paris-Saclay
- Location: ZAC du Quartier de l’Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau (91)
- Photography: Aldo Amoretti, Olivier Rigal
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop, and Word, Excel.
- Client: Groupe des Ecoles Nationales d’Economie et de Statistique (GENES)
- Lead Architects: Christophe Wilke
- Project Director: Cécile Jalby
- Landscape: MARTEL ET MICHEL paysage
- Structure and civils: BATISERF BET Structure
Tuesday, February 20th, 2018
Article source: Dreimeta
The 25hours Hotel has found its new home in Munich, in the magnificent building at Bahnhofplatz 1. The listed structure was built in 1871 in the Renaissance Revival style. In the last century, it served as a building for the postal service and was the home of the royal telegraph station. During the war, the building was almost completely destroyed; however, it was rebuilt according to its original appearance.
Image Courtesy © Steve Herud
- Architects: Dreimeta
- Project: Hotel 25hours The Royal Bavarian Munich
- Location: Bahnhofplatz 1, Munich Germany
- Photography: Steve Herud
- Software used: Vectorworks, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Area: Approx. 4.000 sqm
- Number of Rooms: 165
- Opening: November 2017
- Designed: 2015 – 2017
Sunday, February 18th, 2018
Article source: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
Kjellgren Kaminsky’s renovation and interior design of its own premises on Viktor Rydbergsgatan 14 in Gothenburg combines caution with bold approach. The office is housed in a 1917 listed shipowner’s villa, so all solutions are reversible and in harmony with the beautiful original decor. We have chosen a warm color scheme with soft and genuine materials that match the original wooden walls. From the main entrance you enter the office’s meeting room, a stepped seating area combined with the library. A large open space has been divided into smaller spaces using newly built meeting rooms and shelf walls. The office has been furnished with a large proportion of used and self-manufactured furniture. The work on BREEAM certification of the office is underway, which affects both the interior and the daily work.
Image Courtesy © Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Architects: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Project: Kjellgren Kaminsky Hq
- Location: Göteborg, Sweden
- Photography: Kalle Sanner
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad, Illustrator, InDesign
Sunday, November 5th, 2017
Article source: J. MAYER H.
The non-profit FOM University is Germany’s largest private university. With over 24 study centers in Germany and abroad, FOM university enrolls more than 21,000 working students, trainees and apprentices. The new building of the FOM University Düsseldorf provides the necessary space for the ever-increasing numbers of students.
Image Courtesy © David Franck
- Architects: J. MAYER H.
- Project: FOM University – New building for the FOM Hochschule
- Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Photography: David Franck, Patricia Parinejad
- Software used: ArchiCAD, InDesign, Photoshop
- Client: BildungsCentrum der Wirtschaft gemeinnuetzige GmbH (Education Center for Trade and Industry), Essen
- Partner in charge: Jürgen Mayer H., Hans Schneider
- Project team: Ana I. Alonso de la Varga, Mehrdad Mashaie, Wilko Hoffmann
- Architect on site: Starmans Architekturbuero, Aachen
- Structural engineer: Thomas & Boekamp Ingeniuergesellschaft mbH, Muenster
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Article source: O2 Studio
Albergo Villa Marta, a hotel near Lucca in Tuscany, has on its land a Neo Gothic church from the XVIII century. This incredible church was used as storage space until O2 Studio was asked to transform it into a hotel suite.
Image Courtesy © Albergo Villa Marta
- Architects: O2 Studio
- Project: Chapel Suite Albergo Villa Marta
- Location: Albergo Villa Marta, Lucca, Italy
- Photography: Albergo Villa Marta
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, InDesign
- Project team: Lucía Giménez Puerta, Tjerk van de Wetering, Mariska Palsgraaf
- Project Year: 2017
Wednesday, September 20th, 2017
Article source: KAMJZ
Enhancing Public Participation
The base for the design was the desire to create a free unrestricted access to knowledge and information, as well as a collaborative and cooperative management and decision making process with emphasis on the right to see the operations and activities of government at work. This supports government accountability and helps protect other necessary rights. The new City Hall of Sandnes would celebrate the concept of openness and transparency. Designed as a welcoming house which is as accessible as possible to it’s citizens and a building that lives up to the highest requirements for a modern, efficient and flexible office space. The volume required by the program would be adapted to the local urban conditions and modified to create connections with the surrounding area and bring the inhabitants closer to the city officials and their decision making process in the spirit of true participation. With all the office spaces continuously facing the streets a courtyard is created which would be the central area of the whole Havneparken masterplan. Walking and biking, crisscrossing from the streets, would be encouraged to reach the water promenade, creating a vibrant district for pedestrians and cyclists. The importance of the building in the area would be emphasized by it’s architectural exterior design where past tradition would be commemorated with a modern dynamic and universal outlook.
Image Courtesy © KAMJZ
- Architects: KAMJZ
- Project: Open Sandnes City Hall
- Location: Sandnes, Norway
- Software used: Rhino, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Client: Sandnes Kommune
- Team: Marco Bellotti, Łukasz Wenclewski, Yoshihiro Kaneko, Michał Polak, JinSol Kim, Yuliya Pidlubnyak, Artur Zakrzewski
- Project Leader: Maciej Jakub Zawadzki
- Year: 2015
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017
Article source: Martins Architecture Office
A 32 year old bakery needed to refurbish and endorse a new contemporary image.
The clients had already some commercial strategies and specific equipments to adapt.
Image Courtesy © NUDO
- Architects: Martins Architecture Office
- Project: Commercial Axis
- Location: Guimarães, Portugal
- Photography: NUDO
- Software used: Autocad, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, 3dS Max, V-Ray
- Team: José Martins, Marta Machado, Ana Moura
- Size: 96,00 m2
- Year: 2016-2017
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
Article source: DMAA
Hyundai’s “Modern Premium” strategy – the concern’s definition of quality encompassing technology, functionality, design, comfort and sustainability – formed the basis for an invited architectural competition to find a correspondingly comprehensive design concept, which could be simultaneously applied to all of Hyundai’s spatially very diverse locations.
Image Courtesy © Katsuhisa Kida
- Architects: DMAA
- Project: Hyundai Motorstudio Goyang
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Photography: Katsuhisa Kida and Raphael Olivier
- Software used: Bentley Microstation, Rhino, Grasshopper, McNeel Rhino, Karamba3d.com for Grasshopper, Octopus for Grasshopper, Dlubal RStab & RFEM, Adobe Illustrator & InDesign, Nemetschek Allplan
- Project team:Michael Lohmann, Diogo Teixeira, Christian Schrepfer, Gerhard Gölles, Win Man, Christian Groß, Florian Schafschetzy, Bogdan Hambasan, Toni Nachev
- Managing Partner: Martin Josst
- Project manager: Sebastian Brunke
- Construction management: Hyundai Architects & Engineers Associates
- Project controlling: Hyundai Architects & Engineers Associates
- General contractor: Hyundai Engineering & Construction