Archive for the ‘InDesign’ Category
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: Architecturama
Whether visiting alone, with a large group of guests or as a family, the owners were looking for a relaxed, welcoming environment, conceptually similar to a cottage yet more refined, particularly in the relationships among spaces and between people. The goal was to have a present, living and enthusiastic architecture that engages the senses.
The design process, grounded in the setting, symbiosis with the site and a reduced environmental footprint, led to a reflection process on the functional elements and their optimization.
Image Courtesy © James Brittain
- Architects: Architecturama
- Project: Lake Jasper House
- Location: Chertsey, Canada
- Photography: James Brittain
- Software used: SketchUp, Autocad, Mock-up, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Project team : Sylvain Bilodeau, architecte, Nicolas Mathieu-Tremblay, architecte
- Structure: Genivar (now WSP)
- General Contractor : Les entreprises Sylvain Lachance
- Exterior cladding : Éco-Cèdre Inc.
- Area : 80 m² (140 m² floor area)
- Conception : 2011-2013
- Construction : 2012-2014
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Article source: Austin Maynard Architects
In a nutshell
She’s a senior executive and now a new mum. For her and her newborn baby she wanted a light-filled home that could hide the mess. We gave her a floor that was a giant toy-box.
Mills is an extension to a one level weatherboard terrace in Melbourne. The original facade and front 2 rooms of the terrace remain. One of those rooms has been altered to incorporate a study and a bathroom. A large lightwell separates the original structure from the new extension. The extension has two bedrooms and a bathroom above an open kitchen, living, dining space.
Mills is a complex home, full of ideas, however there are 2 core elements.
- The floor is a giant toy box.
- The rear facade filters and softens the strong sunlight that had previously dominated the backyard.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts Studio
- Architects: Austin Maynard Architects
- Project: MILLS, THE TOY MANAGEMENT HOUSE
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts Studio
- Software used: Vectorworks, Sketchup, Photoshop, Indesign
- Builder: Grand Plan Properties
- Engineer: Hive Engineering
- Site Area: 202m2
- Floor area: 154m2
- Completion date: September 2015
Sunday, December 20th, 2015
Article source: IR arquitectura
AA House is located in a neighborhood of villas in Tortuguitas, Buenos Aires. Its position in the lot guarantees the best solar incidence range on the north side, on which all the main rooms of the house are laid out. On the other hand, it provides a form of processional visual approach to its visitors.
Image Courtesy © Federico Cairoli
- Architects: IR arquitectura
- Project: Casa AA
- Location: Tortuguitas, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Photography: Federico Cairoli
- Project team: Luciano Intile, Andres Rogers, Martín Zlobec, Rodrigo Perez de Pedro, Enrico Cavaglia, Felipe Buigues, Fermin Indavere.
- Structures: Jorge Barroso.
- Energy management: Wulcon Energy.
- Construction: Jorge Belardi.
- Project year: 2014 – 2015
- Software used: Autocad and 3ds max, Photoshop, Illustrator,Indesign
Saturday, November 28th, 2015
Article source: km Architektur
The location alone of this single family home in Unterterzen, with a clear view of lake Walensse and the mountains of Churfirsten is spectacular.
Image Courtesy © km Architektur
- Architects: km Architektur
- Project: Walensee House
- Location: Walensee, Switzerland
- Software used: Nemetschek, Photoshop, Indesign
Sunday, November 8th, 2015
Article source: SAR architecten
In the Middle Ages, Bruges had two big ambitions: to have a sea port and a university, fine ambitions that the magnificent old city could barely realize despite its many efforts. During history Antwerp and Ghent took over the leading roles in those matters and Bruges became during three centuries ‘Bruges la morte’. However at the end of the 20th century Bruges is the 3rd seaport of the BENELUX, and in 2009 the VIVES University College was built, associated to the well known ‘University of Louvain’.
Campus east side (1) , Image Courtesy © Christine Deboosere
- Architects: SAR architecten
- Project: Vives university college – campus Bruges
- Location: Xaverianenstraat, 10, BE 8000 Bruges, Belgium
- Photography: Christine Deboosere, Toon Grobet (nv Zumtobel Lighting sa)
- Software used: Autodesk AutoCAD, Microstation, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator
- Architects in Charge: Johan Bosschem, Jan De Vloed
- General contractor: Strabag Belgium NV – registered office Gent
- Associate firm: Architektenburo De Vloed bvba
- Design team: Thierry Halsberghe, Eveline Vandenbogaerde, Veerle De Langhe, Patrick Persoons
- Landscape: Buro voor Vrije Ruimte VOF (more…)
Friday, October 30th, 2015
Article source: Andrew Maynard Architects
How do you create a home in 4.5m? It’s tricky, but a lot of fun.
A family of four had lived in this modest, ageing house for almost eight years. As the children neared their teenage years something had to be done. Abandoning their home and moving elsewhere was not an option as the family was an important part of a thriving community.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts
- Architects: Andrew Maynard Architects
- Project: Moor Street Residence
- Location: Fitzroy, VIC, Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennets, Andrew Maynard Architects
- Software used: Vectorworks, SketchUp, Indesign & Photoshop
- Building surveyor: Building Strategies
- Engineer: Coulthard Shim P/L
- Date of completion: March 2012
- External cladding
- Spotted gum timber cladding
- Stramit colorbond Long Span metal sheet
- Reinforced concrete slab (ground floor)
- Timber flooring (first floor)
- Internal cladding: Plywood, plasterboard
- Roof: Stramit Long Span roofing
- Windows: Steel framed windows by Skyrange Engineering
- Tiles: Classic Ceramics
Saturday, October 24th, 2015
Article source: Scenic Architecture Office
As the most integrally preserved canal-town in Shanghai, Zhujiajiao attracts an increasing number of visitors every year with its authentic tradition of eastern China. The site, located at the entry of the old town, faces two 470-year-old ginkgo trees. This 1,800 sqm museum will house paintings and other art works related to the history of Zhujiajiao.
- Architects: Zhu Xiaofeng / Scenic Architecture Office
- Project: Zhujiajiao Museum of Humanities & Arts
- Location: Zhujiajiao town, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Iwan Baan
- Software used: CAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, IN design
- Client: Shanghai Dianshanhu Newtown Development Ltd.
- Site Area: 1448 sqm
- Building Area: 1818 sqm
- Program: Fine Arts Museum
- Design/Built: 2008-2010
- Design Team: Li Qitong, Xu Lei, Dong Zhiping, Zhang Hao
- Structural & MEP: Shanghai Xiandai Huagai Architectural Design Ltd.
- Material: White painted wall, Glass, Zinc panel roofing, granite
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Article source: JagerJanssen architecten BNA
This is written account of the third private dwelling bij JagerJanssen architects. It concerns the ‘dream-house’ in Blauwestad [Groningen], the Netherlands for Dijk family.
Image Courtesy © Rob de Jong/SAPh, Michiel en karin Dijk
- Architects: JagerJanssen architecten BNA
- Project: House Dijk
- Location: Blauwestad, The Netherlands
- Photography: Rob de Jong/SAPh, Michiel en karin Dijk
- Software used: Vectorworks, SketchUp, Photoshop, inDesign.
- Design team: ir. Alex Jager, architect ir. Rogier Janssen, architect ir. Sanne Braakenburg, architect advisors Solk Abbring [technical installations]
- Contractor: ir. Marcel van der Sluis
- Gross area: 318 m2 incl. souterrain
- Cost: ca. €250.000
- Building period: 8 months
- Finished:16 juli 2007
Thursday, August 6th, 2015
Article source: Bean Buro
The brief for the 8,000sqft flagship restaurant for Tasty Congee & Wantun Noodle Shop, located at Swire Properties’ Daci Temple Sino-Ocean Taikoo Li Chengdu China, was to celebrate the client’s 70 years old Wontun noodle brand by upgrading its historical street-food status to a contemporary international identity. The new space is a cultural exchange between east and west, old and new, in Chengdu China.
Image Courtesy © Bean Buro
- Architects: Bean Buro
- Project: Tasty Flagship Restaurant Taikoo
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Software used: Rhino, Vray, Dialux, Autocad & Adobe suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign)