Archive for the ‘Industrial’ Category
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Article source: Nissen & Wentzlaff Architects BSA SIA AG
Award „best. architects 11“; „Award 2010 for Marketing + Architecture“: The building is primarily used to present the company’s current products to visitors in a form that not only shows off their appearance but also demonstrates their use. At the same time, the premises are a suitable venue for public events, product presentations and informal gatherings. The two-storey building is designed as a shell, with the central core providing space for storage, the lift and side rooms. Two open, opposed and curved staircases link the ground floor to a gallery with exhibition bays and demonstration bathroom layouts on the upper floor. The atrium at the centre of the building is filled with natural light from small round skylights in the ceiling.
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Article source: Levy Design Partners, Inc
This historically significant 4-story building, constructed of masonry bearing walls and heavy timber, occupies a rectangular 1.5 acre site at 1614 Campbell Street in Oakland, CA. Originally used as an incandescent light factory by General Electric (GE) and designed by the Austin Company, the building construction was completed between 1912 and 1917. The site continued under GE ownership in 1962 when the division closed. The 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake resulted in the destruction of a north bay of the west wing, not to be rebuilt in the rehabilitation project. The structure is noted for being the first industrial building on the West Coast to employ women.
Image Courtesy © Ken Gutmaker
- Architects: Levy Design Partners, Inc
- Project: Lampwork Lofts, Oakland
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Photography: Ken Gutmaker
- Owner: Madison Park Financial Corporation (MPFC)
- Building Contractor: DCI Construction
- Principal Architect: Toby S. Levy, FAIA
Thursday, September 11th, 2014
Article source: van Es architecten
For Helmacab, supplier of shipboard, installation, industrial cables and accessories, van Es architecten made the design for a new industrial building with office space in Schelluinen. The building has been realized at industrial estate Schelluinen-West and has been given an contemporary appearance. The office area cantilevers above the loading dock as a striking eye catcher.
Image Courtesy © van Es architecten
- Architects: van Es architecten
- Project: Helmacab
- Location: Schelluinen, Netherlands
- Realised: 2013
Thursday, September 4th, 2014
Article source: Another Design International
Creative designers have persistence of visions to make waves in the industry. The international awarded designer Pal Pang from Another Design International was invited by the international acclaimed Indian developer Artha Property for a collaboration interior design project “One World” for Artha shares Pal’s devotion and passion in design, arts and culture.
Image Courtesy © Another Design International
Wednesday, June 11th, 2014
Article source: Skälso Arkitekter
The Bungenäs Lime Barn was built as a part of the former lime stone quarry in 1910.Its two brick ovens make it one of the most characteristic buildings in the area of Bungenas. It played a very important role for the lime stone industry;After the stone was burnt in the tall ovens, it was stored in the barn before shipping.
Image Courtesy © Anna Sundström
- Architects: Skälso Arkitekter
- Project: The Lime Barn
- Location: Gotland, Sweden
- Photography: Anna Sundström
- Year: 2013
- Client: BungenäsKalkbrott AB
Tuesday, February 25th, 2014
Article source: CHIRAG N MULANI
TRANSFORM INDUSTRY IN TO MODERN USING INNOVATIVE STRUCTURES..
MAKES A LAYOUT THAT CONSIST IMPORTANTS OF BUILDING WHICH HAS ITS OWN WEIGHTEGE.
SELF SUSTAIN DESIGN..SECURITY OF WORKERS MAXIMIZE USING BLAST RESIST STRUCTURES..
THOUSANDS OF TRAFFIC MOVEMENTS CONTROL AS WELL AS WORKERS..
Image Courtesy © CHIRAG N MULANI
- Architects: CHIRAG N MULANI
- Project: INDUSTRIAL ARCHITECTURE
Thursday, September 19th, 2013
Monday, June 24th, 2013
Article source: Mauro Alpini
Image Courtesy © Mauro Alpini
- Architect: Mauro Alpini
- Project: San Giustino Umbro Industrial building
- Location: Perugia, Italy
- Photography: Mauro Alpini
- Year: 2010-2012
- Collaborators: Slaven Penovic, Revital Bitan, Marino Presenti
- Software used: Autocad 2007, Cinema 4D
Friday, June 7th, 2013
Article source: Latitude Studio
In large industry structures, the construction of the industrial building is based on logistic, distribution and volumetric requirements determined by the production. It is one of the few building types whose value is measured more in terms of equipment assets than how it performs as social infrastructure.
Image Courtesy Latitude Studio
- Architects: Latitude Studio
- Project: Research and Design Center
- Location: Hebei Province, China
- Year: 2013
- Type: Commission
- Status: On-going
- Client: N/A
- Chief Designer: Manuel Navarro
- Project Manager: Lihui Sim
- Team: Jorge Cortes, Wang Heyi, Carrie Xun, Lin Yiye
- Software used: Adobe Illustrator CS6, Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013, AutoCad 2010
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013
Article source: JDS Architects
The Kagithane Gardens is a business district that focuses on the users working and living qualities and addresses its presence in Istanbul as a new form of contextual and urban approach: The building is formed by our desire to make it interact with its environment.
Image Courtesy JDS Architects
- Architects: JDS Architects
- Project: KAG / Premier Campus Office in Kagithane
- Location: Kagithane, Istanbul, Turkey
- Project Team: Julien De Smedt, Kamile Malinauskaite, Laure Vandenbroucke, Vincent Macris, Emily Pescod, Melike Ceyisakar, Camille Fatier, Borna Pavicic, Kazuya Uchida
- Program: Commercial
- Type: Invited Competition
- Size: 100 000 M2
- Budget: Confidential
- Client: Feryapi
- Collaborators: DB Architects, Tavusbay-STATIK, Geodinamik, Dinamik Proje, Pozitif Proje, SPIGA, CWG
- Status: On-Going