Archive for the ‘Institute’ Category
Thursday, June 19th, 2014
Article source: Bruno Camara Architects
Levitation over the history of Portugal, is the concept of the project that inspires young people of Guimarães in areas such as multimedia and film, increasing experimentation with new technologies integrated in culture, introducing the concept of a learning center Portugal.
Image Courtesy © Bruno Camara Architects
- Architects: Bruno Camara Architects
- Project: Guimarães Learning Center
- Location: Guimarães, Portugal
- AREA: 60 sqm
- Design Team: Bruno Câmara, Luis Ferreira, Pedro Gomes
- Structure: Isaque Vaz
Sunday, June 15th, 2014
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs (IFI) building by Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) continues the on-going implementation of the 2002 AUB Campus Master Planby Sasaki Associates(in collaboration with Machado and Silvetti, MGT of America, and Dar Al-Handasa, Shair and Partners)to advance the university’s academic mission in the 21st Century with facilities of the highest international standards.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairsat
- Location: American University in Beirut, Lebanon
- Photography: Hufton + Crow, Luke Hayes
- University President: Dr Peter Dorman
- Facilities for Design & Planning Unit Director: Bassem Baroumi
- IFI Project Manager: Alain Eid
- Director:Dr Rami Khouri
- Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Project Architect: Saleem A. Jalil
- ZHA Project Team: Christos Passas, Saleem A. Jalil, Graham Modlen, Human Talebi, Brandon Buck,MiyaUshida
- ZHA Competition team: Saleem A. Jalil, RokhsanaRakhshani, Teakjin Kim, Ben Holland, CharbelChagoury, AnasYounes, Fulvio Wirtz, Mariagrazia Lanza, Renata Dantas.
- Local Architect: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Hazar Mansour, Roger Skaff)
- Structural Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Rafik El Khoury, Georges Sfeir, MayaCharry, Guy Ghosn, Roger Skaff)
- Mechanical Engineering: ZEF London (DD stage) /Rabih. Rafik El Khoury& Partners(IssamMourrad)
- Electrical Engineering: Rafik El Khoury& Partners (Karim Nammar)
- Acoustic Consultant:Rafik El Khoury& Partners (WassimSader)
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
Archshowcase: A-001 Taller de Arquitectura
“Fashion speaks louder than words”
Design process provides spaces with significance masks from the material, color and ornamentation, it supplants the essence for a new one as part of the creation of an architectural show.
ReMake Up is concieved as part of creating the new identity for the Professional Image Institute (IDIP) in Mexico City; this, through a process of architectural makeup removing which exhibits the natural and rawness of the elements, just like model without any makeup.
Image Courtesy © Moritz Bernoully
- Architects: A-001 Taller de Arquitectura
- Project: ReMake Up
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Moritz Bernoully
- Project Area: 200 m2
- Year: 2014
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Article source: McCarthy Building Companies
Bringing to life what is sure to become one of San Diego’s most iconic buildings, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.has completed construction for the new J. Craig Venter Institute(JCVI), La Jolla, located on a 1.75-acre scenic site at 4120 Torrey Pines Road on the University of California, San Diego, (UCSD) campus.
Image Courtesy © Stephen Whalen Photography
- Project: J. Craig Venter Institute
- Location: San Diego, California
- Photography: Stephen Whalen Photography
Tuesday, February 11th, 2014
Article source: Ghigos Ideas
The project for the new SAE campus in Milan works with the brand multiplication. The logo is translated into signage, furnishing and architecture, in order to communicate the company identity, mission and values to let more effectively experience those by students and people. SAE visual identity, constituted by horizontal lines, is broken down into its elements to turn into an architectural element, thus a more effective communication tool.
Image Courtesy © Ghigos Ideas
- Architects: Ghigos Ideas
- Project: SAE Institute new campus
- Location: Milan, Italy
Sunday, November 10th, 2013
Article source: Banker Wire
MUKWONAGO, WI…In September 2013, Manatee Technical Institute celebrated its 50th anniversary in a new main campus facility. Featuring railing infill panels woven by Banker Wire, the Bradenton, FL, ‘Main Campus’ is a state-of-the-art facility that is home to post-secondary adult, career and technical education programs.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire
- Project: Manatee Technical Institute
- Location: Bradenton, FL, U.S.A
Friday, October 11th, 2013
Article source: Sol89
Located in one of the lots of the former International Exposition of 1992 in Seville, a tertiary landscape saturated with high-flown singularities, a heritage from the exhibition´s pavilions, the competition includes areas for certain medical specialties the surface of which is proportional to the capital invested in each of them. From this proportionality, we proposed a section shaped as a bar chart, setting up three linked voids forming a large space that develops the Center´s circulation and activities.
Image Courtesy © Jesús Granada
- Architects: Sol89
- Project: ANDALUSIAN INSTITUTE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
- Location: SEVILLE, SPAIN
- Photography: Jesús Granada
- Technical Architect: Victor Batzan Cascales.
- Contributors: David Rodriguez, an architecture student.
- Structure: Alejandro Cabanas, Industrial Engineer.
- Facilities: Insur JG.
- Living intervention: 6398.74 m²
- Promoter: Tecnolaser SA
- Construction: Level-Econivel SA
Thursday, June 6th, 2013
Article source: Wonk architectes
The IFSanté is a 3200 square-meter Health Formation Institute building in Lomme, France, for the Catholic University. The site is near the Saint-Philibert Hospital and the subway, in a new neighborhood named “Humanicité” and composed of several open blocks crossed by a large pedestrian avenue.
Image Courtesy © julien lanoo
- Architects: Wonk architectes
- Project: IFSante
- Location: Lille, France
- Photography: Julien Lanoo
- Program: Enseignement : formation universitaire d’infirmier et cadres de santé
- Area: 3 200m²
- Budget: 4 403 420.00 € HT
- Client: SCI des Facultés Catholiques de Lille
- Engineering: Projex Ingénierie, Diagobat, Daniel Caucheteux
- Year: 2012
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013
Article source: Baer Shifman-Nathan Architects
The Botnar Building, which houses IMRIC – the Institute of Medical Research Israel Canada, is a unique facility of laboratories designed for current standards of microbiology research. In addition, the building provides auditorium spaces and seminar classrooms for the Hebrew University School of Medicine.
Image Courtesy © G. Shifman-Nathan, Ilia Kruvorechko
- Architects: Baer Shifman-Nathan Architects
- Project: The Botnar Building of the Institute of Medical Research Israel-Canada
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
- Photography: G. Shifman-Nathan, Ilia Kruvorechko
- Area: 12,700 sq.m.
- Completed: Partial occupancy, still in progress
- Client: The Hebrew University, School of Medicine
- HVAC: Harari-Shapira Engineers
- Plumbing: A. Yosha Ltd.
- Structural Engineer: D. Gordom Engineers
- Software used: Designed using AutoCAD, rendered using 3DS max
Sunday, April 21st, 2013
Article source: ZGF Architects
With completion of the new J. Craig Venter Institute, La Jolla, later this year, San Diegans will have more reason to be proud of its reputation for being the nation’s leader in high-tech science and innovation and home of more Nobel Prize winning scientists than any other city.
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. (www.mccarthy.com), one of the nation’s premiere research laboratory builders, this week topped off the last concrete pour for the three-story, 45,000-square-foot laboratory facility, located on a 1.75-acre scenic coastal site at 4120 Torrey Pines Road in La Jolla, Calif., within the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) campus. Zimmer GunsulFrasca Architects (ZGF) is the architect.
McCarthy Tops Out Concrete Construction for J. Craig Venter Institute on UCSD Campus : Image Courtesy © Steve Whalen
- Architects: ZGF Architects
- Project: J. Craig Venter Institute in La Jolla
- Location: La Jolla, California, USA
- Photography: Steve Whalen
- Project Built: McCarthy Building Companies