Archive for the ‘Interiors’ Category
Sunday, March 27th, 2016
Article source: Y A O
East London architecture studio Y A O has designed a bubble tea shop which features an architectural optical illusion.
Commissioned by Milk Tea & Pearl, the brief was simple – to provide a refreshing, memorable interior. The shop is located at Boxpark, a temporary shopping centre made from cargo containers, in the London borough of Hackney.
Image Courtesy © Y A O
- Architects: Y A O
- Project: Milk Tea & Pearl Boxpark
- Location: London, England
- Team: Yaojen Chuang (Project Architect), Alberto Torres Hernandez (Artist), Odel Jeffries (Joinery), Joseph Waller Fabrications (Fabrications), Sam Mitchell (Fit-out)
- Lead Designer: Y A O
- Size: 28 sqm
- Construction cost: Undisclosed
Sunday, March 27th, 2016
Article source: RIGIdesign
One Idea is a chain brand for homeware.
One Idea is a newly-established brand, the client consigns Rigidesign to conduct pre-research into the relevant industry and set up the brand through SI & VI. Through its analysis on the new social demands, integration in demand and channel, Rigidesign determines the brand as provision of life experience, a diversified platform to satisfy consumer’s demand of social role and life experience.
Image Courtesy © Jack Wen
- Architects: RIGIdesign
- Project: One Idea Outlet
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Jack Wen
- Designer: Kai Liu
- Area: 200 m2
- DesignTime: 2013
- Completion Time: 2014/1
Sunday, March 20th, 2016
Article source: Robot3 Design
This project is located at the east side of Beijing Jing Yuan Arts Center. The owner wants to turn the first and second floors of the office building into a “free Café” where customers can stay and communicate freely. Because the first Ban Shan café is located at the foot of Fragrant Hills of Beijing, so this café downtown could smell the “hills” as well.
Image Courtesy © Xi-Xun Deng
- Architects: Robot3 Design
- Project: Ban Shan Café
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Xi-Xun Deng
- Designers: Fei Pan, Zhi-Bang Shao, Xiao-Han Li
- Area: 600m2
- Completion time: 2015 /08
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Ofist
The flat is on the fourth floor of Hamit Bey Apartment building which was designed by the architect Apostol Mavrodoglu a century ago and it is located on Gumussuyu Street in Taksim, Istanbul.
Image Courtesy © Ali Bekman
- Architects: Ofist, YaseminArpac, Sebahattin Emir
- Project: Bell House
- Location: Gumussuyu, Taksim, Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Ali Bekman
- Project Coordinator: GoksenGungor
- Total Construction Area: 160m2
- Project Date: 2014
Sunday, March 6th, 2016
Article source: Stefano Viganò Architetto
Reorganization of space, design and production of furniture, modernity and welcoming feeling are the objectives of the restructuring of an existing space, now a notary office.
Image Courtesy © Stefano Viganò Architetto
- Architects: Stefano Viganò Architetto
- Project: Office SB
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Article source: LYCS Architecture
The interior space of Hangzhou V+ Lounge, which serves as the famous brand’s third branch in China after Beijing and Chengdu, is designed together by Studio Waffles and LYCS Architecture. The project is located at the southwest corner of the crossroad of Dongpo Rd. and Pinghai Rd, which is also the most flourishing commercial zone nearby West Lake. Meanwhile, the site is less than one hundred meters away from the largest flagship store of Apple in Asia.It is this unique location of the project that initiated the inspiration of translating the water of West lake into a design concept. Curves, mirrors and different lights are adopted to support this concept, thus integrating diverse sensory experiences of underwater, water surface as well as over-water as a whole interior space.
Image Courtesy © Studio Waffles + LYCS Architecture
- Architects: LYCS Architecture
- Project: V+ Lounge by the West Lake
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Photography: Studio Waffles ,LYCS Architecture
- Design Team(Studio Waffles): Oscar Wang, Evan Wen, MI Anyu, Nissa Zhang
- Design Team(LYCS Architecture): RUAN Hao, HE Yulou, LAI Zhenyu, ZHANG Qiuyan, WU Miao, XU Weizhuo, XU Jing, LUO Jingzhong
- Interior Design: Studio Waffles + LYCS Architecture
- Size: 2779 sqm
- Project Date: 2015
Friday, January 29th, 2016
Article source: dep studio
The intervention consists in the reorganization of the interior spaces of an apartment to get a new room and upgrade your stay.
The creation of a double-sided cabinet has allowed the elimination of the corridor for the rooms while preserving the privacy of the rooms. The new furniture , custom made , including closed containers and compartments highlighted by the dark coloration that breaks the glossy white doors.
Image Courtesy © dep studio
- Architects: dep studio
- Project: Casa luc
- Location: Palazzolo sull’Oglio, Italy
Thursday, January 28th, 2016
Article source: Salt&Water Design Studio
The concept of the V+A superyacht interior design came out as a result of the collaboration between“Salt & Water”, an award-winning team specialized in yacht styling and aircraft interior design and a yacht designer Alvaro Aparicio de Leon.
Image Courtesy © Salt&Water Design Studio
Sunday, January 24th, 2016
Article source: Penda
The project describes a space for storing and selling paintings in a tower located at the centre of Hong Kong. Given the program of an infrequently used space, we are introducing a suitcase-like box made out of matte-reflecting copper panels. The box can be fully opened and integrated in the space; thus, after the paintings are shown, the box can be fully folded up to secure the artwork when the space is unoccupied.
Image Courtesy © Penda
- Architects: Penda
- Project: Hongkong Art Storage
- Location: Hongkong, China
- Project Team: Chris Precht, Sun Dayong, Bai Xue, Quan, He, Li Pengchong, Chris Precht
- Project Size: 200 m2
- Project Year: 2015 / 2016
Friday, January 22nd, 2016
Article source: ArchiWorkshop
Glamping Architecture by ArchiWorkshop.kr offers a unique camping experience. Two types of Glamping units with contemporary design positioned in the middle of gentle Korean nature. From the Glamping site, you have a view of the valley, miles of forest and the stream.
Image Courtesy © June Young Lim
- Architects: ArchiWorkshop
- Project: Glamping
- Location: South Korea
- Project Architect: Hee-Jun Sim, Su-Jeong Park
- Photography: June Young Lim
- Year of completion: 2013.12