Archive for the ‘Interiors’ Category
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Yiduan Shanghai Interior
In this project the designer looks at how to break through stereotypes of design under background of secular fashion deluge. The design is inspired by the concept of “water”- the main line of this project which is found by chance. Diet is the source of life, and diet could not exist without water. Water makes people associate with boat, and eating on boat is a lovely thing. This is how the story born from the concept of water begins. The whole restaurant combines with landscape of local terrace cropping to create a primitive and plain feeling. Entering the door a huge pot and stove is unfolded in front of visitors; it highlights the theme while giving people an entertaining feeling. A few boats look like drifting leisurely on the waterway of Jiangnan, and staggered-floor is added to both shores, these makes the waterway looks like natural water surface. The space planning is interesting, full of changes and well-arranged. Eating on the staggered–floor and overlooking the boats on the water surface makes people think of Jiangnan water towns. A space with great contrast of romantic feeling and primitive simplicity is created. The huge boat on the top and mud wall terraced fields on both shores, together with natural scenes such as the elevated dining area on mountain cableways, rough granite handrail and etc., all reflects and fits the theme perfectly—cook delicious food with a simple and sincere heart.
Image Courtesy © Xu Xu-Jun
- Architects: Yiduan Shanghai Interior
- Project: Pu Zao Restaurant
- Location: 4F, Tongde Plaza, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Photography: Xu Xu-Jun
- Chief Designer: Xu Xu-Jun
- Design Team: Xu Xu-Wei, Chang Tao, Zhang Qiang-Long
- Area: 550 sqm
- Completion Time: 2016.10
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Bloom Design
Hiding in the trade area in the central part of Tianhe District of Guangzhou, Blue Space is a leading fashion brand planning agency. Freedom, openness and returning to simplicity are the spirits that Blue Space advocates. When Bloom Design is commissioned to do the design for this old space, it decides not to cater for popular aesthetics but to look at how to make a difference and how to shape the temperament of fashion of Blue Space. Bloom Design keeps questioning about the nature of design: when we are living in the bustling and noisy city, what are the real needs deep inside our heart?
Image Courtesy © He Yuan-Sheng
- Architects: Bloom Design
- Project: Fashion of Simplicity-Blue Space Office
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Photography: He Yuan-Sheng
- Creative Director: Li Bao-Long, Chen Xiao-Hu
- Project Team: Xing Zi-Chao, Qiu Wen-Di3
- Author: Qiu Wen-Di
- Main Material: Black brick, White glass, Walnut
- Area: 230M2
- Design Time: 2015.06-2015.07
- Construction Time: 2015.07- 2015.08
Friday, June 30th, 2017
Article source: ARTIQ
Leading art consultants ARTIQ have curated show-stopping art collections for both the conference, banqueting and event spaces and the bedrooms of the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, with the former area going on to win the European Hotel Design Award for ‘Event Spaces’, where judges commented on its ‘fresh and more grown-up approach to the conception of mixed-use function spaces, working successfully as a business and social venue.’
Image Courtesy © Alastair Lever
- Architects: ARTIQ
- Project: Art for the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
- Location: London
- Photography: Alastair Lever
Friday, June 30th, 2017
Article source: dARCHstudio
Since September 2015, the plastic surgery practice is located on the first floor of a class listed building, dating back to 1912, in the centre of Rhodes. Aiming to preserve and emphasize the new from within the old, the interior space was renovated with subtlety to be transformed into a contemporary, functional medical practice with all the necessary equipment but without losing its charm Italian-architecture characteristics. The practice is bisected by a wide airy corridor that houses the reception and lounge area, and ends in a sunny balcony at one end. From it branch the entrance, two offices, an operating room, a kitchen and a bathroom. The white color of the walls radiates a sense of cleanliness and sterility while simultaneously it stands in contrast to the colorful variety and the geometric patterns of the old floor tiles. A smooth and uniform cement mortar layer fills the voids of the floor, where the tiles are missing. All the furniture and the lighting, except for the office desks and chairs, is custom-made by the studio. The design of the furniture is inspired by the human anatomy, as well as by the important (for both architecture and plastic surgery) meaning of “section-incision”.
Image Courtesy © Evangelos Hatzikelis
- Architects: dARCHstudio
- Project: Plastic surgery practice
- Location: 44 Ionos Dragoumi str, Rhodes, Greece
- Photography: Evangelos Hatzikelis
- Client: Vassilios Papageorgiou
- Design: Elina Drossou
- Project Magement: Elina Drossou
- Program: 100 sqm, medical practice
- Date Of Completion: September 2015
- Status: Completed
Thursday, June 29th, 2017
Article source: PRISM DESIGN
PRISM DESIGN provided an office design for UNBOT—an information technology service company.
In IT industry, technology renewing in a very fast speed. So that the scale of a company would also expands quickly. That requires the office design to leave the elasticity space for the future expansion.
Image Courtesy © Studio W / Wataru Ishida
- Architects: PRISM DESIGN
- Project: Unbot Inc. Office
- Location: Bldg 6 2st floor, Garden Office, No.161 Lane 465 Zhengning Rd, Changning District, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Studio W / Wataru Ishida
- Client: Unbot inc.
- Construction: Shanghai KUI SPACE Architectural Ornament Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Total Floor Area: 300M2+Loft expansion140M2=total;440M2
- Design Period: Nov.2016 – Jan.2017
- Construction Period: Jan.2017 – 27 May.2017
Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Article source: Objectum Studio
Presented apartment is situated in Prague Letna district in building constructed in 1938. The building is under protection of heritage department. That can be seen in public areas as well as in each apartment. Some valuable elements as existing doors or special glass cladding behind the heating radiators are preserved.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: Objectum Studio
- Project: Apartment Letna
- Location: Letna Prague 7, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architect: Ing. arch Jana Schnappel Hamrová
- Area: 120m2
- Project year: 2016
- Completion Year: 01/2017
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: Chaukor Studio
REN Technologies India Ltd. is a service oriented company that provides its customers with various design applications on different types of mediums based on the end usage. The applications range from creating patterns, textures, CNC jaalis, 3D printing, digital printing on paper, wood, stone, tiles, glass etc.
The idea is to explore the various applications that are provided at REN Technologies and exploit the same to bring about the inherent character and reflect the identity of the company within the framework of the interior design.
Double-height reception area, Image Courtesy © Chaukor Studio
- Architects: Chaukor Studio
- Project: Ren technologies
- Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Client: REN Technologies India Ltd.
- Project Estimate: Rs1.2 Crore
- Project Area: 12000 sq. ft
- Commencement Date: September 2013
- Completion Date: October 2014
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: Filippo Taidelli Architetto
The project foresees the conversion of a workshop into an apartment with the intention to adequate the original installations to the requirements of a contemporary apartment. The environment, once a grain store, is characterized by a system of ribbed vaults leaning on granite pillars. From the main entrance access is granted to a distribution compartment from which to access the service, sleeping, and living areas. The sleeping area is characterized by regular volumes with marmorino warm colours finishing inserted on the existent bright white envelope, while the living area has been projected as ample open space to which the kitchen faces.
Image Courtesy © Andrea Rossetti
- Architects: Filippo Taidelli Architetto
- Project: Calusca Apartment
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Photography: Andrea Rossetti
- Lighting designer: Rossi Bianchi Lighting Design
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: Taller Estilo Arquitectura
The Lemon Tree House, a single-family residence that develops on two floors. Its composition, divided into two clear sections: the first area, where the main access from the street is located and is occupied by the existing construction and the second area where the bedrooms and central courtyard are located. The courtyard functions as: terrace, pool and as a connection to the new building. The terrace, acts as a distribuitor, housing the beginning of the stairway and allows access to the bedrooms.
Image Courtesy © Taller Estilo Arquitectura
Thursday, June 22nd, 2017
Article source: N+K Architectvra
Fabryka Kavy (Coffee Factory in Ukrainian) is the first café with its own coffee roasting in town. It is situated in a building of the post-soviet period not far from the town lake and park. The café owners got premises with high ceilings and large windows which let in lots of light from the setting sun.
Image Courtesy © Andrii Shustykevych
- Architects: N+K Architectvra
- Project: Fabryka Kavy coffee shop
- Location: Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
- Photography: Andrii Shustykevych
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max, Illustrator
- Area: 138 m²
- Year: 2017