Archive for the ‘Interiors’ Category
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: BLVD
Located amid the historic city of Luoyang, this new construction hotel features 250 guest rooms and suites. The design overlay the contemporary hotel with a sleek, sophisticated atmosphere that references the city’s rich context and history.
The design celebrates the places where the functional spaces and the radiance of light on the 6th sky lobby floor converge. Staying true to the core values of the Hyatt Place brand, the clean, relaxed and youthful nature was revived and highlighted. Stones and tiles, dark copper, textured glass, and warm wood create an earthy architectural foundation into which subtle textures and sculptural forms are layered. Screen elements maintain the transparency and connection between spaces while provoking curiosity within the guests.
Image Courtesy © Dirk Weiblen and Sun Xiangyu
- Architects: BLVD
- Project: Hyatt Place Hotel Luoyang
- Location: Luoyang, Henan Province, China
- Photography: Dirk Weiblen and Sun Xiangyu
- Client: Luoyang Buynow Electronics Information Co., Ltd.
- Chief Designer: LIU Hong-lei, HE Hai-jun
- Participating Designer: HUANG Jian, XING Yi-sheng, LiANG Xiao-mei
- Design Area: 20,695 sqm
- Design Time: 2014
- Completion Time: 2016
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017
Article source: na3 – studio di architettura
The connection is the focus: a continuous, equipped panel in raw iron and wood, thought as double wall, branches out into three spatial axes to thicken the consistency of one of the main building components. Value is conferred to the structure through additional panels that merge, loosen, huddle around, re-open and lastly extend; synchronous, inverted, alternate, they embody, unveil and gather the intimacy of this home: the panels are diaphanous to see, glimpse, conceal, discover, double: a wardrobe, an entrance, a hall, a large kitchen, a bookcase.
Image Courtesy © na3 – studio di architettura
Tuesday, July 4th, 2017
Article source: PERSIMMON HILLS architects
This project involved redesigning one dwelling unit of condominium in Osaka, Japan.
Requests from clients were “widely and brightly expansive space” and “amount of storage that is twice as large as general house”, when we started design. Although these are at first somewhat contradictory, requests that everyone wants. For responding such requests in limited occupied area and ceiling height of building skeleton, we focused to three elements usually working behind the space.
Image Courtesy © Kenta Hasegawa
- Architects: PERSIMMON HILLS architects / Yusuke Kakinoki + Shuhei Hirooka
- Project: Pillar form / Beam form
- Location: Osaka, Japan
- Photography: Kenta Hasegawa
- Structure: RC rigid frame structure
- Construction: Wides construct office
- Mumber of stories: 1st floor / 15 stories
- Total floor area: 62 M2
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Yiduan Shanghai Interior
In this project the designer looks at how to break through stereotypes of design under background of secular fashion deluge. The design is inspired by the concept of “water”- the main line of this project which is found by chance. Diet is the source of life, and diet could not exist without water. Water makes people associate with boat, and eating on boat is a lovely thing. This is how the story born from the concept of water begins. The whole restaurant combines with landscape of local terrace cropping to create a primitive and plain feeling. Entering the door a huge pot and stove is unfolded in front of visitors; it highlights the theme while giving people an entertaining feeling. A few boats look like drifting leisurely on the waterway of Jiangnan, and staggered-floor is added to both shores, these makes the waterway looks like natural water surface. The space planning is interesting, full of changes and well-arranged. Eating on the staggered–floor and overlooking the boats on the water surface makes people think of Jiangnan water towns. A space with great contrast of romantic feeling and primitive simplicity is created. The huge boat on the top and mud wall terraced fields on both shores, together with natural scenes such as the elevated dining area on mountain cableways, rough granite handrail and etc., all reflects and fits the theme perfectly—cook delicious food with a simple and sincere heart.
Image Courtesy © Xu Xu-Jun
- Architects: Yiduan Shanghai Interior
- Project: Pu Zao Restaurant
- Location: 4F, Tongde Plaza, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Photography: Xu Xu-Jun
- Chief Designer: Xu Xu-Jun
- Design Team: Xu Xu-Wei, Chang Tao, Zhang Qiang-Long
- Area: 550 sqm
- Completion Time: 2016.10
Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
Article source: Bloom Design
Hiding in the trade area in the central part of Tianhe District of Guangzhou, Blue Space is a leading fashion brand planning agency. Freedom, openness and returning to simplicity are the spirits that Blue Space advocates. When Bloom Design is commissioned to do the design for this old space, it decides not to cater for popular aesthetics but to look at how to make a difference and how to shape the temperament of fashion of Blue Space. Bloom Design keeps questioning about the nature of design: when we are living in the bustling and noisy city, what are the real needs deep inside our heart?
Image Courtesy © He Yuan-Sheng
- Architects: Bloom Design
- Project: Fashion of Simplicity-Blue Space Office
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Photography: He Yuan-Sheng
- Creative Director: Li Bao-Long, Chen Xiao-Hu
- Project Team: Xing Zi-Chao, Qiu Wen-Di3
- Author: Qiu Wen-Di
- Main Material: Black brick, White glass, Walnut
- Area: 230M2
- Design Time: 2015.06-2015.07
- Construction Time: 2015.07- 2015.08
Friday, June 30th, 2017
Article source: ARTIQ
Leading art consultants ARTIQ have curated show-stopping art collections for both the conference, banqueting and event spaces and the bedrooms of the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, with the former area going on to win the European Hotel Design Award for ‘Event Spaces’, where judges commented on its ‘fresh and more grown-up approach to the conception of mixed-use function spaces, working successfully as a business and social venue.’
Image Courtesy © Alastair Lever
- Architects: ARTIQ
- Project: Art for the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel
- Location: London
- Photography: Alastair Lever
Friday, June 30th, 2017
Article source: dARCHstudio
Since September 2015, the plastic surgery practice is located on the first floor of a class listed building, dating back to 1912, in the centre of Rhodes. Aiming to preserve and emphasize the new from within the old, the interior space was renovated with subtlety to be transformed into a contemporary, functional medical practice with all the necessary equipment but without losing its charm Italian-architecture characteristics. The practice is bisected by a wide airy corridor that houses the reception and lounge area, and ends in a sunny balcony at one end. From it branch the entrance, two offices, an operating room, a kitchen and a bathroom. The white color of the walls radiates a sense of cleanliness and sterility while simultaneously it stands in contrast to the colorful variety and the geometric patterns of the old floor tiles. A smooth and uniform cement mortar layer fills the voids of the floor, where the tiles are missing. All the furniture and the lighting, except for the office desks and chairs, is custom-made by the studio. The design of the furniture is inspired by the human anatomy, as well as by the important (for both architecture and plastic surgery) meaning of “section-incision”.
Image Courtesy © Evangelos Hatzikelis
- Architects: dARCHstudio
- Project: Plastic surgery practice
- Location: 44 Ionos Dragoumi str, Rhodes, Greece
- Photography: Evangelos Hatzikelis
- Client: Vassilios Papageorgiou
- Design: Elina Drossou
- Project Magement: Elina Drossou
- Program: 100 sqm, medical practice
- Date Of Completion: September 2015
- Status: Completed
Thursday, June 29th, 2017
Article source: PRISM DESIGN
PRISM DESIGN provided an office design for UNBOT—an information technology service company.
In IT industry, technology renewing in a very fast speed. So that the scale of a company would also expands quickly. That requires the office design to leave the elasticity space for the future expansion.
Image Courtesy © Studio W / Wataru Ishida
- Architects: PRISM DESIGN
- Project: Unbot Inc. Office
- Location: Bldg 6 2st floor, Garden Office, No.161 Lane 465 Zhengning Rd, Changning District, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Studio W / Wataru Ishida
- Client: Unbot inc.
- Construction: Shanghai KUI SPACE Architectural Ornament Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Total Floor Area: 300M2+Loft expansion140M2=total;440M2
- Design Period: Nov.2016 – Jan.2017
- Construction Period: Jan.2017 – 27 May.2017
Sunday, June 25th, 2017
Article source: Objectum Studio
Presented apartment is situated in Prague Letna district in building constructed in 1938. The building is under protection of heritage department. That can be seen in public areas as well as in each apartment. Some valuable elements as existing doors or special glass cladding behind the heating radiators are preserved.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: Objectum Studio
- Project: Apartment Letna
- Location: Letna Prague 7, Czech Republic
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architect: Ing. arch Jana Schnappel Hamrová
- Area: 120m2
- Project year: 2016
- Completion Year: 01/2017
Friday, June 23rd, 2017
Article source: Chaukor Studio
REN Technologies India Ltd. is a service oriented company that provides its customers with various design applications on different types of mediums based on the end usage. The applications range from creating patterns, textures, CNC jaalis, 3D printing, digital printing on paper, wood, stone, tiles, glass etc.
The idea is to explore the various applications that are provided at REN Technologies and exploit the same to bring about the inherent character and reflect the identity of the company within the framework of the interior design.
Double-height reception area, Image Courtesy © Chaukor Studio
- Architects: Chaukor Studio
- Project: Ren technologies
- Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Client: REN Technologies India Ltd.
- Project Estimate: Rs1.2 Crore
- Project Area: 12000 sq. ft
- Commencement Date: September 2013
- Completion Date: October 2014