Archive for the ‘Kindergarten’ Category
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Article source: Daycare Nursery and collective housing
The founding act of the project begins with the landscape. It is rare in Paris to be able to take advantage of panoramic views without vis-à-vis. Yet here the site overlooks two distant landscapes: the city and the suburbs.
Image Courtesy © Margot-Duclot
- Architects: Margot-Duclot
- Project: Daycare Nursery and collective housing
- Location: Paris, France
- Contractor: BOUYGUES Habitat Social
- Surface : logements 7000 m², commerce 100m² crèche 900 m²
- Client: Régie Immobilière de la Ville de Paris
- Budget: 12.900.000 €HT
- Phase: Winning design (2009), Completed (2014)
- Engineering: BETHAC / AEI / C&E ing. / ERA
Saturday, September 13th, 2014
Article source: Schaap en Sturm architecten
This school in Bergen op Zoom functions as heart for the neighbourhood Nieuw-Borgvliet/Langeweg. The building houses a primary school Het Palet, a kindergarten, a creche and extramural activities. Next to this a number of child healthcare organisations are housed as well.
Image Courtesy © Schaap en Sturm architecten
Friday, September 12th, 2014
Article source: Joey Ho Design
Spring is a newly established learning center for children that eschews the fairytale cliche of its genre: space filled rainbow colours, cartoon characters, toys and stuff, which is often the result of superimposing an adult’s perspective onto the space. For this project, the designer tried to look at the picture from a child’s viewpoint, and concentrate on the learning experience as a whole. The aim is to formulate a space that caters to children’s both physical and psychological needs, and ultimately help them achieve their development and learning potential.
Image Courtesy © Dick Liu
- Architects: Joey Ho Design
- Project: Spring
- Location: Centre Point, 181-185 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- Photography: Dick Liu
- Design team: Noel Chan
- Branding Design: Eddy Yu & Hung Lam (Co Design Limited)
- Area: 697 sq. m. (7,500 sq. ft.)
- Completion (date) : Mar 2013
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Article source: L3P Architekten
Diverse operational and economic considerations led to the development of a new kindergarten on the north side of the already existing primary school in Weiach. The new development was realised from pre-fabricated wooden elements. A child-friendly, delicate façade made from artificial lawn naturally moulds into the colour tones of straw gold, red kraut and olive green in the rural village centre and stimulates playful dialogue.
Image Courtesy © Sabrina Scheja
- Architects: L3P Architekten
- Project: New Weiach Kindergarten Development
- Location: Weiach, Switzerland
- Photography: Sabrina Scheja, CH-9435 Heerbrugg
- Constructor: SchuleWeiach, CH-8187 Weiach
- Landscape Designer: BütikoferSchaffrathLandschaftsarchitekten BSLA BDLA SIA, CH-8134 Adliswil, 6300 Zug, 8645 Jona, 7000 Chur
- Wood Construction Planer: Legniplangmbh, Ernst Kropf, CH-8306 Brüttisellen
- Building Engineer: Lucio Schiavi + Partner AG, CH-8180 Bülach
- Building Physicist: WichserAkustik&Bauphysik AG, Zurich
Thursday, August 14th, 2014
Article source: Schemaa
The 4 Nurseries project has been designed into a former printing shop.
They are specific by a game of playful shapes and colors. This completes the project at several levels:
Image Courtesy © Sébastien Andréi
- Architects: Schemaa
- Project: 4 Nurseries
- Location: Sartrouville, France
- Photography: Sébastien Andréi
- AREA: 490 m² SHON
- FINISHED: 2013
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Article source: N MAEDA ATELIER
Our recent residential project ORANGE is intended to realize a space where children can touch the raw world with their innate, pure sensitivity.
The concept has its root in my personal absorption in phenomenological and ontological spatial studies during college.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO DIO
- Architects: N MAEDA ATELIER
- Project: ORANGE
- Location: Japan
- Photography: STUDIO DIO
- Translation is by: Shingo Tsuji (CHIASMA Factory)
Wednesday, July 16th, 2014
Article source: PORT
Children have a drive to be independent and do things on their own. This is a healthy part of normal child development. As children grow, they are able to do more and more tasks. Kids use their 5 senses to discover the world and shape their personality. They absorb surrounding, which affects concentration and harmonious development. Surrounding creates children’s reality, affect knowledge and encourage to develop certain skills. And through all of above makes them happy.
Image Courtesy © S.Zaj¹czkowski
- Architects: PORT
- Project: Kindergarden in Chroscice
- Location: Opole, Polska (Poland)
- Photography: S.Zaj¹czkowski
- Area: 657,6 sqm
- Year: 2014
Saturday, July 12th, 2014
Article source: VAUMM
Settled down on north and west side, the building opens towards the south and south-east, the most open and furthest direction from the walls, batters and staircases that give shape to the park. The diagram of arrangement works out in both floors, the entrance from north face of site and from there, the different elements are organized in two arms, hugging the court.
Image Courtesy © Aitor Ortiz
- Architects: VAUMM
- Project: Sansaburu Kindergarten and parking
- Location: Gipuzko, Spain
- Photography: Aitor Ortiz
- Client: IMESA S.A.
- Colaborators during the competition: Amaya El Busto Saenz
- Colaboratos during the Project: Sonia Diez de Gereñu _ student, Ainhoa Errazkin _ student
- Installations: INCONOR Ingenieros Consultores.
- Constructor: FONORTE S.A.
- Estimate : 2.098.319 €
- Parking area: 3.242 m2.
- Kindergarten area: 1.227 m2.
- Playground area: 715 m2.
Sunday, June 15th, 2014
Article source: SPONGE ARCHITECTS
The project “Kinderstad” (Dutch for “children’s city”) emanated from the Young Architects Competition of the Dutch National Board of Architects (BNA) together with the Ronald McDonald Children’s Foundation (Kinderfonds) in 2003. SPONGE ARCHITECTS & Rupali-Gupta in cooperation with IOU ARCHITECTURE (Björn van Rheenen, Rupali Gupta and Roland Pouw) won the first prize and received at the same time the appointment to realize the winning design for both the exterior and interior work including the management of the project. “Kinderstad” is the first project among the projects presented to the BNA Young Architects Competition that has actually been realized and implemented. The similarity between the result and the competition design is striking. During the process of the implementation almost all ideas and designs have been adopted.
Image Courtesy © Kees Hummel
- Architects: SPONGE ARCHITECTS & Rupali-Gupta in cooperation with IOU ARCHITECTURE
- Project: Ronald McDonald VU-Kinderstad
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Kees Hummel
- Project architect and -manager:Björn van Rheenen (SPONGE, ARCHITECTS)
- Principal: Ronald McDonald VU Huis /Kinderstad
- Building contractor: BAM Utiliteitsbouw, Amsterdam
- Structural engineer: DHV, Rotterdam
- Installations: Kropman, Utrecht
- Start of conceptual design: November 2003
- Start of construction: May 2006
- Acceptance of construction work: October 2007
- Dedication: February 2008
- Total area: 1000m²
- Volume: 4000m³
- Construction sum incl. installation: 3.500.000,- Euro (excl. VAT)
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Article source: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
Background and Context
Since 2008, 21 new kindergartens have been built in Medellín in barrios with problems of insecurity and social inequality. The El Pinal Kindergarten was awarded through a public architectural tender and has been conceived as a space for education, culture and life. The project is located on the slopes of the central – eastern area of Medellín, in a sector of unplanned settlements and informal housing.
Image Courtesy © Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Architects: Felipe Bernal Henao + Javier Castañeda Acero + Alejandro Restrepo Montoya
- Project: THE EL PINAL KINDERGARTEN
- Location: Medellín, Colombia
- Photography: Juan Felipe Gómez Tobón
- Software used: Autocad 2014, Sketch up and 3D-Max.
- STRUCTURAL DESIGN: Jorge Arbeláez
- HYDROSANITARY DESIGN: Caudales y Presiones S.A.
- ELECTRICAL AND ILLUMINATION DESIGN: Lighten S.A.
- LANDSCAPING DESIGN: Andrés Ospina
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN CONSULTANT: Carlos Mario Rodríguez Osorio
- BIOCLIMATIC AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Ader Augusto González, PVG Arquitectos
- YEAR: 2012
- SURFACE AREA: 850 m2
- ARCHITECTURAL – DESIGN AND PROJECT – DEVELOPMENT GROUP: Juan David, Cerón Betancur, Luis Felipe Cardona, Juan Esteban Parra Henao, Pablo Rico Álvarez, Parmenio Bedoya Aguirre, Maritza Mejía, Sebastián Vallejo Palacio, Eugenio Lara Rodríguez, Martina Centeno, Carlos Ossa, Steven Yepes, Camilo Arenas, Maida González, Alejandro Vanegas, Yuri Rosero, David Hernández, Santiago Bedoya Macías, Felipe Valencia Herrera