Archive for the ‘Landscapes’ Category
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: Grant Associates
Grant Associates, the international landscape architecture practice, has unveiled details of its new landscape and public realm design for Capitol Singapore, a prestigious $1.1 billion mixed-use redevelopment of a key heritage site in the city’s downtown civic district. The first phase of the integrated development is due to open end 2014.
Image Courtesy © Grant Associates
- Architects: Grant Associates
- Project: Grant Associates unveils landscape designs for Capitol Singapore
- Location: Capitol Singapore
Sunday, February 16th, 2014
Article source: Pu Miao Architecture
In the last two decades, Kunshan, Jiangsu Province, China has transformed itself from an ancient canal town to a modern industrial city. The west edge of its built-up area is reaching Lake Yangcheng. As the only public space on the lake shore, a park has been constructed. Three pavilions (Buildings B,C,D) were planned in the east area of the park.
Northeast view of the building, Image Courtesy © Pu Miao Architecture
- Architects: Pu Miao Architecture
- Project: Pavilions
- Location: Kunshan, China
- Project Period: 2009-2010
- Building Area: 160 square meters
- Client: Kunshan City Construction, Investment and Development Co., Ltd.
- Designer: Architecture: Miao Design Studio (Design Architect), Pu Miao; Hanjia Design Group, Shanghai (Architect of Record), Jiang Ninqing, Structure: Shanghai Yuangui Structural Design Inc., Zhang Yewei, Liu Xiao, Engineering: Hanjia Design Group, Shanghai, Guo Zhong, Yu Yang, Wu Qiuyan
Sunday, August 25th, 2013
Article source: STUDIO ROOSEGAARDE
DUNE is an interactive landscape that interacts with human behavior.This hybrid of nature and technology exists out of large amounts of fibers which brighten according to the sounds and motion of passing visitors.
Our most recent version is filled with hundreds of interactive lights and sounds. DUNE investigates nature in a futuristic relation with urban space by means of looking, walking and interacting.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO ROOSEGAARDE
- Architects: STUDIO ROOSEGAARDE
- Project: DUNE
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Daan Roosegaarde, Tomek Whitfield
- Date: 2006 – 2011
- Client: Self Commissioned
- Materials: Hundreds of fibers, steel, microphones, sensors, speakers, software and other media.
- Artist: Daan Roosegaarde
- Size: Modular system of variable square meters up to 100 meters.
Sunday, February 3rd, 2013
Article source: Martine Brisson
Martine Brisson designed the landscaping of the roof terrace of the former residence and studio of painter Betty Goodwin, for which she has just won one of the GRANDS PRIX DU DESIGN 2012 in the “Terrace” category. Always keeping in mind a feeling of warmth, functionality, and simplicity, Brisson created an outdoor environment that is coherent yet open, with different functional zones (kitchen, living area, bathroom, garden, etc.) that fit together as naturally as the rooms in an interior space.
Image Courtesy Marc Cramer
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013
Article source: doxiadis+
How does one build on the stark beauty of a Cycladic landscape without destroying it? This project seeks an answer to that very question. Placing such a rich development programme on this highly sensitive site necessitates a careful examination of the natural and historic elements which characterise the landscape: the amphitheatrical circle of hills, the seasonal streams, the juniper trees and frigana vegetation, the pezoules (agricultural terraces) and the xerolithies (dry stone walls).
Image Courtesy © Clive Nichols
- Architects: doxiadis+
- Project: Landscapes of Cohabitation
- Location: Antiparos, Greece
- Area: 12 Ha
- Scope: Site Planning, Landscape Architecture
- Landscape Architects: doxiadis+ (Thomas Doxiadis, Terpsy Kremaly)
- Client: OLIAROS S.A.
- Photography: Clive Nichols, Cathy Cunliffe, Thomas Doxiadis
- Software used: AutoCAD