Article source: STUDIO ROOSEGAARDE
DUNE is an interactive landscape that interacts with human behavior.This hybrid of nature and technology exists out of large amounts of fibers which brighten according to the sounds and motion of passing visitors.
Our most recent version is filled with hundreds of interactive lights and sounds. DUNE investigates nature in a futuristic relation with urban space by means of looking, walking and interacting.
- Architects: STUDIO ROOSEGAARDE
- Project: DUNE
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Daan Roosegaarde, Tomek Whitfield
- Date: 2006 – 2011
- Client: Self Commissioned
- Materials: Hundreds of fibers, steel, microphones, sensors, speakers, software and other media.
- Artist: Daan Roosegaarde
- Size: Modular system of variable square meters up to 100 meters.