Archive for the ‘Library’ Category
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014
Article source: ADEPT
The new library at Dalarna University, Dalarna Media Library, is now officially open to the public. The building that reinterprets the library in a multifunctional design is laid out as an approximately 3.000 m2 ’spiral of knowledge’ that naturally integrates into the surrounding landscape at the Dalarna University Campus in Falun, Sweden.
Image Courtesy © KAARE VIEMOSE
- Architects: ADEPT
- Project: DALARNA MEDIA LIBRARY
- Location: HÖGSKOLAN DALARNA, 791 88 FALUN, Sweden
- Photography: KAARE VIEMOSE, WILHELM REJNUS & LINUS FLODIN
- COMPETITION TEAM: ADEPT, RAMBØLL, SOU FUJIMOTO, TOPOTEK1, BOSCH & FJORD
- CLIENT: FÖRVALTNINGSBOLAGET HÖGSKOLEFASTIGHETEN AB
- CONTRACTOR: HMB CONSTRUCTION AB
- SIZE: 3.000 M2
- BUDGET: 120 MIO SEK
- YEAR: 2014
Wednesday, May 28th, 2014
Article source: Renderus
The Multifunctional building in Coldstream is design for multi-purpose cultural events and office space.
The Coldstream gallery creates a new urban space that enriches the diversity of cultural life and expresses the dynamism of an institution looking to the future.
The Coldstream gallery design promotes a multidisciplinary environment by connecting the variety of programs, establishing a collective culture research where many contributions and innovations can feed off each other.
Image Courtesy © Renderus
- Architects: Renderus
- Project: Coldstream Gallery
- Location: Coldstream, Scotland
- Work started in: 2014
- Main structure is: steel
- Height: 62m
- Total area: 6000 m²
- Number of floors: 18
- Status: Current works
- Type: Cultural, Waterfront, Office Buildings, Business Centers, Museums, Libraries.
- 3D Visualisation: Renderus.
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
Article source: 4PLIUS architects
The idea behind this project was simple and symbolic at the same time: books, the essence of knowledge, communication and cultural tradition. As the function of a public library requires, it is open to everyone – and that is why the shape of a transparent cube, a shining body at night has been chosen. As if books follow the precept of the first Lithuanian book inviting “take me and read me”…
Image Courtesy © R.Urbakavicius
- Architects: 4PLIUS architects (Donaldas Trainauskas , Darius Baliukevicius)
- Project: Public Library of A.& M. Miskiniai
- Location: Utena, Lithuania
- Photography: R.Urbakavicius
- Constructor: Vytas Merkevicius
- Area: 3.500 sqm
- Year: 2008
Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
Article source: Pascal Arquitectos
Why build a library today? seems absurd, it would be more logical to build a museum for books.
This would be like a mausoleum, a masterpiece of our last president who in a patron’s act wanted to be remembered and transcend through its materiality.His intentions were to mimic what was done with the construction of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao; to trigger the real estate recovery of the zone by creating added value to de adjacent land.
Image Courtesy © Pascal Arquitectos
- Architects: Pascal Arquitectos
- Project: Jose Vasconcelos Public Library
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Software used: it is drawn in AutoCAD
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
Article source: Khosla Associates
The brief for this house was a well articulated document that delved into the nuances of how this family of 3 wanted to live. The family, comprising an entrepreneur-industrialist, married to a bohemian writer and with a teenage daughter, wanted the house to reflect the diverse range of their lives.
Image Courtesy © Shamanth Patil J.
- Architects and Interior Design: Khosla Associates
- Project: The Library House
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Photography: Shamanth Patil J.
- Principal designers: Sandeep Khosla and Amaresh Anand
- Design team: Sandeep Khosla, Amaresh Anand and Priyanka Sams
- Clients: Nikhil Kumar and Lavanya Sankaran
- Civil Contractors: JJ Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
- Structural Engineer: S & S Associates.
- Landscape: Dewa Kusuma, Bali.
Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Article source: DONAIRE ARQUITECTOS
Restoration of the “Los Reales de Almonte” Warehouse for use as a public library, and School of Arts (Music, Dance and Art). The project is centred on a warehouse registered as being of Cultural Interest.
It is situated in the “Culture City” in Almonte, next to the town’s new Theatre and enclosed within a public square.
Specifically, the library is located in a wine cellar, typical of the local area. The building is 78m long and 10,5m wide, with a total area of 821 m² The building is open on 3 sides.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: DONAIRE ARQUITECTOS
- Project: PUBLIC LIBRARY AND MUSIC SCHOOL
- Location: Almonte, Spain
- Photography: Fernando Alda
- Project year: 2004-2010
- Client: Almonte Town Hall
- Area: 1.725,00 m²
- Budget: 828.214,10 €
- Architect authors: Juan Pedro Donaire Barbero
- Architect team: Jesús Núñez Bootello, Ignacio Núñez Bootello , Carmela Domínguez Asencio , Tibisay Cañas Fuentes , Beatriz Hacar Hernández , Juan Vega Espinar , David Rapado Moreno , Delia Pacheco Donaire , Pablo Baruc García Gómez.
- Engineering: Javier Drake Canela , Guillermo Márquez Villanueva, Alfonso Buiza Camacho.
Thursday, May 1st, 2014
Article source: Triptyque Architecture
The multimedia library of Osny was designed by Triptyque’s architects as a covered urban space : an extension of the public space. The project draws freeing up the architectural plan, reducing the boundaries between inside and outside. The building is designed like a hall, emphasizing spatial fluidity and scalability of interior spaces for future adaptations.
Image Courtesy © Triptyque Architecture
- Architects: Triptyque Architecture
- Project: Multimedia library
- Location: Osny 95, France
- Photography: Triptyque Architecture
- Project owner: Mairie d’Osny
- Mastery of work: Triptyque (agent architect) / Bidard &Raissi (architect associate)
- Program: Médiathèque BBC
- Mission: basis mission
- Surface SHON: 1487 m²
- Plot area: 2150 m²
- Budget: 3,65M€
- Planning: under construction
- Delivery: Avril 2015
- Partner: Greg Bousquet, Carolina Bueno, Guillaume Sibaud et Olivier Raffaelli
- General Coordinator: Morgan Rapy
- Project Manager: Damien Murat
- Technical Consultancy TCE: Arcadis
- Acoustician: Tisseyre & associés
- General Firm: Fayolle & Fils
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Article source: Neutelings Riedijk Architects
The Eemhuis combines a number of existing cultural institutes in the city of Amersfoort: the city library, the exposition center, the heritage archives and a school for dance, music and visual arts. It is located on an urban redevelopment area close to the city center.
Image Courtesy © Daria Scagliola en Stijn Brakkee + Neutelings Riedijk Architects
- Architects: Neutelings Riedijk Architects
- Project: LIBRARY, MUSEUM AND ART SCHOOL “EEMHUIS”
- Location: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
- Photography: Daria Scagliola en Stijn Brakkee + Neutelings Riedijk Architects
- Surface area: 16.000 m2
- Client: City of Amersfoort, Stadhuisplein 1, 3811 LM Amersfoort
- Desig: 2006
- Start construction: 2011
- Opening spring: 2014
- Structural desig: ABT Adviesbureau voor Bouwtechniek, Delft, Velp , The Netherlands
- Building physics: DGMR Raadgevend Ingenieurs, Arnhem, The Netherlands
- Installation design: HE Adviseurs, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Cost managment: BBN Adviseurs, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- General contarctor: Dura Vermeer Bouw bv, Hengelo, The Netherlands
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
The building and its location
The media library is pointing at three directions: East, West and South. These are making up the three images and views of the building.
Image Courtesy © Luc Boegly
- Architects: OPUS 5 Architectes
- Project: MEDIA LIBRARY
- Location: BRITTANY, FRANCE
- Photography: Luc Boegly and Bruno DECARIS
- Project owner: Ville de Pontivy
- Project management: Opus 5 architectes, Structural engineer Batiserf, Fluids engineer Louis Cholet, Acoustic engineer Impedance, Economist Bureau Michel Forgue,
- Program: construction of a media library and public archives
- Area: 2 700m²
- Cost of works: 5.2M€ HT
- Schedule: Delivery September 2013
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: +ADD
FiftyThree is a space to create – a combination between work space, library, home and a forest. Honest materials and understated confidence. Under this creed – that we never lost sight of – we created a space that involved a very honest and open layout that promoted teamwork and collaboration.
Image Courtesy © Matthew Williams
- Architects: +ADD (Laura Gonzalez Fierro )
- Project: FIFTYTHREE, INC.
- Location: 60 Hudson Street Suite 1810, NEW YORK 10013
- Photography: Matthew Williams
- Software used: Autocad 2013, 3D Max, Rhino, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Collaborator: Carolina Rivera
- Structural Engineer: Anthony Gennaro P.E.
- General Contactor: Northern Bay Contractors, Inc
- Project Year: 2014
- Area: 6,600 sq ft