Archive for the ‘Library’ Category
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017
Article source: Architect Doron Sheinman
The new addition to the Rishonim Junior High School at Ganey Tikva, emerged from the desire to turn the usual experience of institutional domination into a celebration of the freedom of choice.
Image Courtesy © Yael Engelhart
- Architects: Architect Doron Sheinman (Noam Bitrany)
- Project: Rhishonim Junior High School
- Location: Ganey Tikva, Israel
- Photography: Yael Engelhart
- Client: Ganey Tikva Local Council
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: OMA
In an era of privatization, cities are facing a major challenge: investment in the public domain depends increasingly on the private sector. As a result of this reframing of the collective agreement, the role of architecture is often reduced to the visual impact of its shape and surface rather than contributing to a new educational, social and civic dimension. The competition launched by the Ecole Centrale Paris for the design of a new engineering school has become the perfect opportunity to explore ways to answer this demanding challenge.
Image Courtesy © Vitor Oliveira
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Lab City CentraleSupélec
- Location: Plateau de Saclay – Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Photography: Vitor Oliveira
- Partner in Charge: Ellen van Loon, Rem Koolhaas
- Program: Education, Total 48700 m2, including 9000 m2 offices, 2500 m2 restaurant, 1500 m2 library and 10 500 m2 parking space
- ESQ Phase
- Project leaders: Clément Blanchet, Edouard Pervès
- Project team: Fred Awty, Felicity Cardoso, Maria Aller Rey, Gabriella Bandeira, Eugenio Cardoso, Alban Denic, Cristina Martin de Juan, Pedro Pitarch Alonso, Ana Rubin, Saul Smeding, Alicia Casals, Phil Handley, Helena Hiriart, Li Huang, Didzis Jaunzems, Sang Woo Kim, Ida Stople, Pierre-Jean Le Maitre
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017
Article source: Schiavello Architects Office
Brazil: a new area of the Harbour of Navegantes inaugurated by the young Italian Studio \”Schiavello Architects Office\” and its Brazilian partner \”Canhadas Bottarelli Arquitetura\”
The \”Portonave\” Company has opened a new area of the Harbour of Navegantes, in Brazil, one of the nation’s largest private commercial ports owned by the Company itself. The Project of expansion, taking its name from the abovementioned Company, has been planned by the \”Schiavello Architects Office\” and the \”Canhadas Bottarelli Arquitetura\” studios.
Image Courtesy © Schiavello Architects Office
- Architects: Schiavello Architects Office (Francesco Schiavello, Sabina Bottarelli, Marina Canhadas )
- Project: Portonave auditorium
- Location: Navegantes, Brazil
- Client: Portonave S/A – Terminais Portuários de Navegantes
- Area: 6000 mq
- Building construction: 2016/2017
Friday, September 29th, 2017
Article source: Serrano Monjaraz Arquitectos
For the master plan of this project we considered a distribution with a clear structure able to support the company´s activities. Barry-Callebaut required an operative center with an academy, green house, relaxing area and open space offices in a single area.
Image Courtesy © Serrano Monjaraz Arquitectos
Friday, September 15th, 2017
Article source: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC) is a government agency with a mission to inspire creative thinking in the society and to propel the country’s creative economy. It provides a broad range of resources and services. The main components are a design library, a material library, and a co-working space. Other components include a makerspace, exhibition spaces, and workshops.
Image Courtesy © W Workspace
- Architects: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
- Project: Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC)
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Autocad, 3dS Max
- Design Team: Peerapat Singkalvanich, Penlada Somjaidee, Komkrich Thonglaem, Tanasab Apiwannarat, Worrawit Leangweeradech, Tanapat Phanlert, Phasit Rattanachaisit, T-mah Chaivuthigornvanit
- Landscape Architect: Shma
- Lighting Designer: ACCENT Studio
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
Article source: NEW SPACE ARCHITECTS PTE LTD
There was a public consultation regarding the new library experience in end Dec 2012. Design Thinking – a user-focused approach was used to develop the concept for the library@orchard initially. They developed a range of prototypes on ideas of space design and allowed the public to give feedback and suggestions to shape their library-going experience for the new library.
Image Courtesy © NEW SPACE ARCHITECTS PTE LTD
- Architects: NEW SPACE ARCHITECTS PTE LTD
- Project: library@orchard
- Location: Singapore
- Floor Area: 1,700 square meters
- Collection Size: 100,000
- Opening Date: 23 October 2014
Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
Article source: acdf architecture
Located on the edge of the St. Lawrence River, La Malbaie was one of Canada’s first holiday resort towns. The new Laure Conan Library and City Hall in La Malbaie, emphasizes the importance of offering a contemporary architecture with a “story to tell.” The project’s main narrative focuses on the value of the site’s historic landscape as it symbolizes the reconciliation between the present city, and the historical landscape closely linked to the St. Lawrence River.
Image Courtesy © acdf architecture
- Architects: acdf architecture
- Project: Laure-Conan Library
- Location: La Malbaie, Canada
- Client: Town of La Malbaie
- Budget: 6.5 M$
- Completion: 2011
- Area: 2040 m2
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Wutopia Lab
Eight tenths Garden is an art museum dedicated to arts and crafts, which can also be used as a venue for the conference in the idle hours. It has a coffee shop, a library, offices, bed and breakfasts, as well as a restaurant, study rooms and chess rooms. It is a micro cultural complex in all.
Eight tenths garden was originally a sales center. The sales center was one of the two-story buildings on the street’s triangular corner, with a four-story circular hall embedded on the top of it. The entrance is located on the garth of the triangle. The other two sides of the building were the neighborhood committee and shops along the street.
Image Courtesy © CreatAR
- Architects: Wutopia Lab
- Project: Eight tenths Garden
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: CreatAR
- Client: Shi Huijuan
- LDI: Shanghai DuJuan Engineering Design and Consultants Limited
- Interior Design: ShangRuiYuan Building Design Consultants Limited
- Landscape design: Atelier VISION
- Chief architect: Yu Ting
Wednesday, July 5th, 2017
Article source: CIVIC – TheCloudCollective
In the Tilburg railway zone, the construction of the LocHal took off this week. Within the contours of the monumental locomotive hall, CIVIC architects in collaboration with Braaksma & Roos Architecten and Inside Outside, designed a large public building. The project houses a public library, workspaces, conference rooms, exposition spaces, an art school, a glass music hall and an elevated foyer overlooking the city. The building adds a contemporary layer to the ancient typology of the library. It functions as a public space where visitors can read and lend books and other media but at the same time are stimulated to collectively share and develop new knowledge.
Image Courtesy © 3d studio Prins
- Architects: CIVIC – TheCloudCollective
- Project: Cityforum & Public Library Tilburg
- Location: Tilburg, The Netherlands
- Photography: 3d studio Prins
- Client: Gemeente Tilburg
- Restauration architect: Braaksma & Roos architecten
- Interior & textiles: Inside Outside – Petra Blaisse
- Interior design Library: Mecanoo architecten
- Design & Coordination: CIVIC – TheCloudCollective, Braaksma & Roos architects, InsideOutside and Arup