Archive for the ‘Library’ Category
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: CRUZ Y ORTIZ ARCHITECTS
Since 1953 the Ambassade Hotel resides in Amsterdam, on the Herengracht and Singel, occupying an ensemble of 17th century canal houses. In the sequence of time the hotel implemented several improvements, always being faithful to the concept of an intimate and comfortable hotel: a place where guests feel at home.
Image Courtesy © Ronald Tilleman-Jose Manuel Alorda
- Architects: CRUZ Y ORTIZ ARCHITECTS
- Project: Hotel Ambassade
- Location: Herengracht 341. 1016 AZ, Amsterdam, Holland
- Photography: Ronald Tilleman-Jose Manuel Alorda
- Client: Ambassade Hotel
- Collaborators: Giordano Baly, Alicia López, Alex Etxeberria
- Contractors: Krämer Bouw, Gielissen Interiors
- Main building: Brasserie: 177,65 m2 – Public areas: 114,00 m2 – Bar: 74,07 m2
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: concrete
Within the bustling streets of Mongkok, Hong Kong, concrete created a welcoming clubhouse for all residents of the Skypark tower.
Skypark is a large residential development by Hong Kong based New World Development, led by Mr Adrian Cheng. Within one of the densest areas of Hong Kong the tower is suited to people who enjoy life in a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, but with its communal clubhouse and outside park on the very top of the building it also provides them an escape from the city.
Skypark aerial, Image Courtesy © concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: Clubhouse Mongkok Skypark
- Location: Mongkok 17 Nelson street, Hong Kong
- Software used: Autocad, Vectorworks
- Project team: Rob Wagemans – Maarten de Geus Tom Ruijken – Sofie Ruytenberg – Julia Hundermark Wouter Slot – Yoekie de Bree
- Executive architect: P&T architects & engineers Ltd.
- Executive landscape architect: Adrian L. Norman Ltd.
- Structural engineer: CM Wong & Associates Ltd.
- MEP engineer: WSP Hong Kong Ltd.
- Lighting consultant: Pro-lit Ltd.
- General Contractor: New World Construction Co. Ltd.
- Electrical contractor: Junefair Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Mechanical contractor: Kai Chuen Engineering (H.K.) Co. Ltd.
Monday, November 6th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park is located in the Pudong district of Shanghai, China. It was established in 1992 as a site for business enterprises, R&D companies and education institutions who operate within the world of high-technology and innovation. Over time many national and international companies have chosen to settle there and today there are approximately 4000 companies and over 100,000 workers in the area.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Zhangjiang Future Park
- Location: Zhangjiang District, Shanghai, PRC, China
- Client: Zhangjiang Group Co. Ltd.
- Design: MVRDV – Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries
- Design Team: Nathalie de Vries, Wenchian Shi, Marta Pozo Gil with Marco Gazzola, Lorenzo Mattozzi, Enrico Pintabona, Chiara Girolami, Shengjie Zhan, Cai Zheli, Cosimo Scotucci, Wenzhao Jia, Emma Rubeillon, Chi Zhang, Ray Zhu, Chi Li
- Visualization: Antonio Luca Coco, Paolo Mossa Idra, Costanza Cuccato, Davide Calabrò, Pavlos Ventouris and Tomaso Maschietti
- Co-Architect: ISA Architecture
- Landscape Architect: Openfabric
- Designers: Francesco Garofalo, Jacopo Gennari Feslikenian and Maria Teresa Pinna
- Year: 2017
Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
Article source: Architects NRT Ltd
The former main building of the Helsinki University of Technology took on a new role when three universities were merged as Aalto University in 2010. The Otaniemi Campus designed by Alvar Aalto was chosen as the shared home of the Aalto Schools of Engineering, Business and
Arts & Design.
Image Courtesy © Tuomas Uusheimo
- Architects: Architects NRT Ltd
- Project: Aalto University, Otakaari 1
- Location: Otakaari 1, 02100 ESPOO, Helsinki, Finland
- Photography: Tuomas Uusheimo
- Software used: ArchiCAD versios 13-16 and we also used several other programs for text editing, listings, and layouts.
- Detailed information: Former TKK main building Original design by Alvar Aalto 1964 Phase 2-4 renovation
- Client/Contractor: Aalto University Properties Ltd.
- Project acquisition method: Bidding competition 2009
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017
Article source: UArchitects
This a unique sustainable and digital school in the Netherlands.
Two existing schools in two neighbouring locations in Maastricht are merging into a new school on a new location in that city. This particular location was chosen to strengthen the weak social structure of the two neighbourhoods and to introduce a new digital education system to learn also more about the environment, nature and sustainability. Even the playground outside has different zones to help children (re)discover nature and explore their world by means of experiments or to build and test objects.
Image Courtesy © UArchitects
- Architects: UArchitects
- Project: IKC de Geluksvogel
- Location: Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Software used: Autodesk
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017
Article source: Architect Doron Sheinman
The new addition to the Rishonim Junior High School at Ganey Tikva, emerged from the desire to turn the usual experience of institutional domination into a celebration of the freedom of choice.
Image Courtesy © Yael Engelhart
- Architects: Architect Doron Sheinman (Noam Bitrany)
- Project: Rhishonim Junior High School
- Location: Ganey Tikva, Israel
- Photography: Yael Engelhart
- Client: Ganey Tikva Local Council
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Article source: OMA
In an era of privatization, cities are facing a major challenge: investment in the public domain depends increasingly on the private sector. As a result of this reframing of the collective agreement, the role of architecture is often reduced to the visual impact of its shape and surface rather than contributing to a new educational, social and civic dimension. The competition launched by the Ecole Centrale Paris for the design of a new engineering school has become the perfect opportunity to explore ways to answer this demanding challenge.
Image Courtesy © Vitor Oliveira
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Lab City CentraleSupélec
- Location: Plateau de Saclay – Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Photography: Vitor Oliveira
- Partner in Charge: Ellen van Loon, Rem Koolhaas
- Program: Education, Total 48700 m2, including 9000 m2 offices, 2500 m2 restaurant, 1500 m2 library and 10 500 m2 parking space
- ESQ Phase
- Project leaders: Clément Blanchet, Edouard Pervès
- Project team: Fred Awty, Felicity Cardoso, Maria Aller Rey, Gabriella Bandeira, Eugenio Cardoso, Alban Denic, Cristina Martin de Juan, Pedro Pitarch Alonso, Ana Rubin, Saul Smeding, Alicia Casals, Phil Handley, Helena Hiriart, Li Huang, Didzis Jaunzems, Sang Woo Kim, Ida Stople, Pierre-Jean Le Maitre
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017
Article source: Schiavello Architects Office
Brazil: a new area of the Harbour of Navegantes inaugurated by the young Italian Studio \”Schiavello Architects Office\” and its Brazilian partner \”Canhadas Bottarelli Arquitetura\”
The \”Portonave\” Company has opened a new area of the Harbour of Navegantes, in Brazil, one of the nation’s largest private commercial ports owned by the Company itself. The Project of expansion, taking its name from the abovementioned Company, has been planned by the \”Schiavello Architects Office\” and the \”Canhadas Bottarelli Arquitetura\” studios.
Image Courtesy © Schiavello Architects Office
- Architects: Schiavello Architects Office (Francesco Schiavello, Sabina Bottarelli, Marina Canhadas )
- Project: Portonave auditorium
- Location: Navegantes, Brazil
- Client: Portonave S/A – Terminais Portuários de Navegantes
- Area: 6000 mq
- Building construction: 2016/2017
Friday, September 29th, 2017
Article source: Serrano Monjaraz Arquitectos
For the master plan of this project we considered a distribution with a clear structure able to support the company´s activities. Barry-Callebaut required an operative center with an academy, green house, relaxing area and open space offices in a single area.
Image Courtesy © Serrano Monjaraz Arquitectos
Friday, September 15th, 2017
Article source: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC) is a government agency with a mission to inspire creative thinking in the society and to propel the country’s creative economy. It provides a broad range of resources and services. The main components are a design library, a material library, and a co-working space. Other components include a makerspace, exhibition spaces, and workshops.
Image Courtesy © W Workspace
- Architects: Department of ARCHITECTURE Co., Ltd.
- Project: Thailand Creative and Design Center (TCDC)
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: W Workspace
- Software used: Rhinoceros, Autocad, 3dS Max
- Design Team: Peerapat Singkalvanich, Penlada Somjaidee, Komkrich Thonglaem, Tanasab Apiwannarat, Worrawit Leangweeradech, Tanapat Phanlert, Phasit Rattanachaisit, T-mah Chaivuthigornvanit
- Landscape Architect: Shma
- Lighting Designer: ACCENT Studio