Archive for the ‘Lounge’ Category
Sunday, July 7th, 2013
Article source: Meta- Studio
Located in Pudong district, Shanghai, well known as business area, Studio Meta-, Hong Kong based architecture practice, was commissioned to design XJB Lounge which serves as an exclusive VIP member lounge for metal fabrication company. The main purpose behind the design proposal is to use their existing product which is metal.
Image Courtesy © Meta- Studio
- Architects: Meta- Studio
- Project: XJB Lounge
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Project type: Bar, Lounge
- Project team: Jaenes Bong, Jonathan Alotto, Jaena Bong, Thien Ty Ly
- Status: Design proposal
- Area: 210m2
Tuesday, November 27th, 2012
Article source: Cadaval & Solà-Morales
Tepoztlan, is a small town nestled between rocky cliffs located to the south of Mexico City, 50 kilometers away from the vibrant metropolis. With its well preserved historic center and wild countryside, Tepoztlan is a town of legends and deep cultural roots that has been appreciated by writers, poets, artists and musicians over many decades, turning it into their hometown or weekend retreat. Located in this incredible context and surrounded by an astonishing landscape, the Tepoztlan Lounge is the first building completed of a larger project that also includes a series of bungalows of different sizes and designs, which can be rented by years, months or days. The lounge is set to be a central communal space for leisure in nature, and is located in the perimeter of an incredible lawn; the idiosyncrasy of the project relies on enabling the experience of the carefully manicured lawn while promoting the experience of the wild nature existing in the boundaries of this central space. The project is a negotiation between interior and exterior, a construction of an in-between condition, an inhabitable threshold, which becomes the main space of the project; the limits between the open and the content space merge to produce a single architectural entity.
Image Courtesy © Diego Berruecos
- Architects: Cadaval & Solà-Morales
- Project: Tepoztlan Lounge
- Location: Tepoztlán, Morelos, México.
- Name of the Office: Cadaval & Solà-Morales.
- Project: Eduardo Cadaval & Clara Solà-Morales.
- Collaborators: Eugenio Eraña Lagos, Tomas Clara, Manuel Tojal.
- Structural Engineering: Ricardo Camacho de la fuente.
- Área: 250sqm.
- Date: Project: 2009. Construction 2012
- Photos: © Diego Berruecos, © Sandra Pereznieto, © Cadaval & Solà-Morales
Saturday, November 10th, 2012
Article source: XYZ Technologie Culturelle
LA FIRME, in collaboration with Baillat Cardell & Fils and XYZ Technologie Culturelle, was handed the mandate to design the installation of the lounge and the space dressing of La Cinémathèque québécoise, which will host from November 7 to 18, 2012 the Montreal International Documentary Festival.
Image Courtesy Emily Gan
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
Article source: Bluarch
Located on the penthouse level of a commercial tower, this venue is a private bar/lounge/showroom for the liquor brand Right Gin. Similar venues were built in New York and Miami.
Image Courtesy Bluarch
- Architects: Bluarch
- Project: Right Gin Chicago
- Location: Chicago
Thursday, October 25th, 2012
Article source: Vaillo+Irigaray Architects
The organizational scheme is due to similar patterns of organic micro-structures, more in line with patterns of liquid and/or gelatinous geometry than with Cartesian structures. It sets up a framework by using a soft geometry and a unified airy treatment of space.
Image Courtesy Jose Manuel Cutillas
- Architects: Vaillo+Irigaray Architects
- Project: Lounge Ms Cadreita
- Location: Cadreita, Spain
- Rigger: Pacho Jiménez
- Structure: Tadeo Errea- LANDABE
- Engineering: Luis Miguel Navarro
- Lighting: Anton Aman – ALS LIGHTING
- Facades: VITROCSA
- Developer: Restaurante Marisol
- Photographer: Jose Manuel Cutillas
Saturday, September 15th, 2012
Article source: Doyle Collection Co.,ltd.
This members’ bar lounge targets to the executives who are keen in spending stylish city nights. It goes without saying that you will feel something special and extraordinary for those who want to become a member and who are willing to use this bar. What’s more, once you start using here, usability and comfort will play a great significance to the operation form. You might find these two aspects mentioned above quite odd, and to give just the right touch, was our challenge.
Image Courtesy Satoru Umetsu/ Nacasa & Partners
- Architects: Doyle Collection Co.,ltd.
- Project: Cronnus
- Location: Nishi-azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Year: 1,Jun,2012
- Built Area: 150.55sqm
- Construction: Junnosuke Sawada/ ASWELL co.,ltd.
- Client: ZOME Inc.
- Photo Credits: Satoru Umetsu/ Nacasa & Partners
Saturday, April 28th, 2012
Article source: Jean De Lessard, Designer Créatif
The Art of Line and Colour
With its new project situated in Complexe Ste-Julie, The Lounge, designer Jean de Lessard’s firm energizes and clarifies the dim, chaotic space of a bar that has been in existence for more than 20 years. Very economically, the designer successfully weds exuberance and intimacy, clean lines and friendliness.
Images Courtesy David Giral
- Name of design firm: Jean de Lessard, Designer Créatif
- Official name of the project: The Lounge
- Location: Ste-Julie, Quebec, Canada
- Project category: Interior design
- Client name: Patrick Claveau
- Photographer: David Giral
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012
Article source: Gensler
Located at Incheon Airport in Korea, this 250 sm project seeks to create an exclusive environment to offer unique travel assistance for HyundaiCard Black members. As a counterpoint to the surrounding visual noise and frenzied airport activity, the proposed parti is deceptively simple, with functions arranged in a freestanding “black box”.
Image Courtesy Ryan Gobuty
- Architects: Gensler
- Project: HyundaiCard Air Lounge
- Location: Incheon, South Korea
- Owner: HyundaiCard Company
- Consultant: Laschober + Sovitch
- Engineer: Kesson International
- Lighting: Kaplan Gehring McCarroll
- Photography: Ryan Gobuty
Friday, September 9th, 2011
Article source: Bluarch Architecture
Cienna Ultralounge is a venue in the heart of Astoria [Queens, NY] designed to offer the ultimate entertainment experience to the discerning New York crowd. If Cienna Restaurant is an exercise on experiential lightness, Cienna Ultralounge is an essay on softness. This project is conceptually linked to the mathematical clarification of the shape of a silk cocoon via a cosine Fourier series. Formally, the space transposes such geometric formalization into a meandering system of openings on the ceiling and walls.
- Architects: Bluarch Architecture + Interiors + Lighting
- Project: Cienna Ultralounge
- Location: New York, USA
- Software used: The person who provides the lighting software installed a DMX controller at the DJ booth, which is a software to control the lighting – brightness, color, timing, action by sounds/music, etc…All of the LED lights above the acrylic rods are controlled by the software. The actual design of the space was tested in 3D max prior to construction, as is done for most of our projects since we employ organic forms and design systems that have often never been done before.
Sunday, June 5th, 2011
Article source: NAU
Raiffeisen’s flagship branch on Zurich’s Kreuzplatz dissolves traditional barriers between customer and employee, creating a new type of “open bank,” a space of encounter. Advanced technologies make banking infrastructure largely invisible; employees access terminals concealed in furniture elements, while a robotic retrieval system grants 24 hour access to safety deposit boxes. This shifts the bank’s role into becoming a light-filled, inviting environment – an open lounge where customers can learn about new products and services.
Interior View (Image Courtesy Jan Bitter)
- Architects: NAU Architecture
- Project: Open Lounge
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Client: Raiffeisen Schweiz
- Area: 400m2
- Competition: 1st prize, December 2009
- Completetion: January 2011
- Photographer: Jan Bitter