Archive for the ‘Lounge’ Category
Saturday, September 15th, 2012
Article source: Doyle Collection Co.,ltd.
This members’ bar lounge targets to the executives who are keen in spending stylish city nights. It goes without saying that you will feel something special and extraordinary for those who want to become a member and who are willing to use this bar. What’s more, once you start using here, usability and comfort will play a great significance to the operation form. You might find these two aspects mentioned above quite odd, and to give just the right touch, was our challenge.
Image Courtesy Satoru Umetsu/ Nacasa & Partners
- Architects: Doyle Collection Co.,ltd.
- Project: Cronnus
- Location: Nishi-azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Year: 1,Jun,2012
- Built Area: 150.55sqm
- Construction: Junnosuke Sawada/ ASWELL co.,ltd.
- Client: ZOME Inc.
- Photo Credits: Satoru Umetsu/ Nacasa & Partners
Saturday, April 28th, 2012
Article source: Jean De Lessard, Designer Créatif
The Art of Line and Colour
With its new project situated in Complexe Ste-Julie, The Lounge, designer Jean de Lessard’s firm energizes and clarifies the dim, chaotic space of a bar that has been in existence for more than 20 years. Very economically, the designer successfully weds exuberance and intimacy, clean lines and friendliness.
Images Courtesy David Giral
- Name of design firm: Jean de Lessard, Designer Créatif
- Official name of the project: The Lounge
- Location: Ste-Julie, Quebec, Canada
- Project category: Interior design
- Client name: Patrick Claveau
- Photographer: David Giral
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012
Article source: Gensler
Located at Incheon Airport in Korea, this 250 sm project seeks to create an exclusive environment to offer unique travel assistance for HyundaiCard Black members. As a counterpoint to the surrounding visual noise and frenzied airport activity, the proposed parti is deceptively simple, with functions arranged in a freestanding “black box”.
Image Courtesy Ryan Gobuty
- Architects: Gensler
- Project: HyundaiCard Air Lounge
- Location: Incheon, South Korea
- Owner: HyundaiCard Company
- Consultant: Laschober + Sovitch
- Engineer: Kesson International
- Lighting: Kaplan Gehring McCarroll
- Photography: Ryan Gobuty
Friday, September 9th, 2011
Article source: Bluarch Architecture
Cienna Ultralounge is a venue in the heart of Astoria [Queens, NY] designed to offer the ultimate entertainment experience to the discerning New York crowd. If Cienna Restaurant is an exercise on experiential lightness, Cienna Ultralounge is an essay on softness. This project is conceptually linked to the mathematical clarification of the shape of a silk cocoon via a cosine Fourier series. Formally, the space transposes such geometric formalization into a meandering system of openings on the ceiling and walls.
- Architects: Bluarch Architecture + Interiors + Lighting
- Project: Cienna Ultralounge
- Location: New York, USA
- Software used: The person who provides the lighting software installed a DMX controller at the DJ booth, which is a software to control the lighting – brightness, color, timing, action by sounds/music, etc…All of the LED lights above the acrylic rods are controlled by the software. The actual design of the space was tested in 3D max prior to construction, as is done for most of our projects since we employ organic forms and design systems that have often never been done before.
Sunday, June 5th, 2011
Article source: NAU
Raiffeisen’s flagship branch on Zurich’s Kreuzplatz dissolves traditional barriers between customer and employee, creating a new type of “open bank,” a space of encounter. Advanced technologies make banking infrastructure largely invisible; employees access terminals concealed in furniture elements, while a robotic retrieval system grants 24 hour access to safety deposit boxes. This shifts the bank’s role into becoming a light-filled, inviting environment – an open lounge where customers can learn about new products and services.
Interior View (Image Courtesy Jan Bitter)
- Architects: NAU Architecture
- Project: Open Lounge
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Client: Raiffeisen Schweiz
- Area: 400m2
- Competition: 1st prize, December 2009
- Completetion: January 2011
- Photographer: Jan Bitter