Archive for the ‘Market’ Category
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Article source: Corde Architetti Associati
The risk one may run in adding a new commercial building in the centre of a small village is to subvert balances and prevail on the existing. This is intended to be a different kind of approach compared with the usual box-shaped shopping centre: an aggregation of volumes with different heights and rough concrete panelling attempts to confront with the old urban pattern. The massive presence of vegetation, both trees and climbers, is the unpredictable element guided by time and seasons as a moment of mediation.
supermarket volume, Image Courtesy © Alessandro Ruzzier
- Architects: Corde Architetti Associati
- Project: COOP Supermarket
- Location: Porcia, Pordenone, Italy
- Photography: Alessandro Ruzzier
Friday, November 27th, 2015
Article source: Latitude Studio S.L.
How does our design can function as a catalyst to merge people‘s shopping experience into the pleasure of a healthy lifestyle?
An organic market is not simply an ordinary place to purchase food. It is a place where you go to seek out products that reflect the taste and feel of nature. With this in mind, our goal is to design every part of the market based on the principle of flexibility, adapting every decision to the nuanced demands of each kind of food and product. Thus, the experience of purchasing daily goods becomes more than a routine, it becomes an experience wherein the customer perceives the essence of the products sold in this kind of place.
Image Courtesy © Shannon Fagan
- Architects: Latitude Studio S.L.
- Project: Original Life Market
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: Shannon Fagan
- Principal Architect: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Team: Andrea Ramos Rodriguez, Bo Liu, Jorge Cortes de Castro, Lisa Bai, Lucia Bravo Guinea
- Client: Yiyang Group
- Program: 2,000m²
- Status: Completed
- Year: 2014 – 2015
- Budget: 1,100,000€
Saturday, August 22nd, 2015
Article source: I Like Design Studio
Food Villa Market is a local open-air market open daily features outstanding standard of fresh market, offering a variety of high-quality food, life style shops and many more at a reasonable price.
Image Courtesy © Suppakorn Srisakul
- Architects: I Like Design Studio
- Project: Food Villa Market
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
- Photography: Suppakorn Srisakul
- Clien t: BT Group Corporation
- Area : 4,000 sq. m.
- Project Year : 2013
Sunday, August 16th, 2015
Article source: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
Project for a kiosk on the lakefront of Chicago. Waterfronts are special places. A meeting point between earth and sea, the horizon is exposed. More than elsewhere the sky is present, it illuminates and color permeates the place. The project aims to exacerbate this feeling by framing the views and accentuating the light of the moment.
EXTERIOR VIEW_LIBRARY- BOOK SHOP, Image Courtesy © Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Architects: Guillaume Mazars Architecture
- Project: AMBIENT LIGHT
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015
Article source: Mateo Arquitectura
The market, since its origins, has been a large covered place.
We conserve and repair the beautiful structure that supports that roof. Beneath, we dig into the site to introduce new services that complement sales activity: logistics, parking, installations.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Mateo Arquitectura
- Project: REMODELLING OF THE NINOT MARKET
- Location: Calle Mallorca 135, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Author: Josep Lluís Mateo
- Structural Engeering: BOMA
- Client: IMMB-Institut Municipal de Mercats de Barcelona
- Instalations Engeeniring / Budget Control/ Security and Health standards: Mur Garganté
- Surface: 16.184 m2
- Project: 2008
- Construction: 2010-2015
Wednesday, December 17th, 2014
Article source: [delacourt][vanbeek]
Uploading city is a proposal for creating a sustainable market hall that will upload itself over time. It uploads in a literal way by making use of solar panels on the roof and figuratively by the new activities that will be developed here.
Image Courtesy © [delacourt][vanbeek]
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Article source: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
The new market “Mercado dels Encants” in Barcelona acts as a mediation device between the renovated Plaza de las Glorias, and the axis of the Meridiana, an area popularly known as “el Bosquet de les Glòries”.
Image Courtesy © b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Architects: b720 Fermín Vázquez Arquitectos
- Project: Mercat dels Encants
- Location: Plaza de las Glorias. Barcelona, Spain
- Client: Barcelona d’Infraestructures Municipals (BIMSA), Barcelona City Council
- Architects team: Francesc de Fuentes, Cristina Algas, Sonia Cruz, Guillermo Weiskal, Albert Freixes, Gemma Ojea, Javier Artieda, Angel Gaspar, Oriol Roig, Juan Pablo Porta, Leonardo Novelo
- Structural Engineering: BOMA
- Services Engineering: Grupo JG
- Competition: October 2006
- Project: 2008-2009
- Execution : 2010-2013
- Gross floor area: 35.440 m²
Saturday, September 6th, 2014
Article source: Söhne&Partner architects
Hans-Gasser-Platz is opened and invites people to stroll, relax and meet up. Through this opening an important, flexible space is designed and functions as the perfect spot for day markets and the traditional “Villacher Kirchtag” market.
The new design removes all obstructing elements from the square and sets the visual axes free.
Image Courtesy © Söhne&Partner architects
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
Article source: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
When Ponte de Lima Municipal Market was built in 1927 it was the cause of public discussions concerning the pros and cons of its location, although no negative remarks seem to have been made about its elegant design.
70 years later we can still see its somewhat domineering relationship, from the height of its granite base, with the city centre and the avenue of plane trees.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Guerra
- Architects: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
- Project: Ponte de Lima Municipal Market
- Location: Portugal
- Photography: Fernando Guerra
- Client: City Hall of Ponte de Lima
- Project Time: 1998/2002
- Design Team: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
- Structural Engineering: Proença e Neves
- Landscape Architecture: Guedes Cruz Arquitectos
- Main Firm: Teixeira Duarte, SA
- Total Floor Area: 4998m2
- Approximate Cost: euro 5000,000
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
Article source: GAD ARCHITECTURE
The refurbishment of the Besiktas Fish Market is not a design and realization process that was prosecuted in an accustomed manner. It is not intended to be carried through to an in-computable state. On the contrary, the aspiration is to initiate a dynamic outset by the gradual functional supplements and substitutions and even with the immediate effects of artistic approaches.
Image Courtesy © Alp Eren
- Architects: GAD ARCHITECTURE
- Project: BESIKTAS FISH MARKET
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Photography: Alp Eren
- Architectural Project: Gokhan Avcİoglu &GAD
- Architecture firm: GAD
- Project Architects: Gokhan Avcioglu
- Collaborator: Besiktas Municipality
- Project Team: Ozan Ertug, Serkan Cedetas, Gozde Demir, Tahsin Inanici
- Owner: Besiktas Municipality
- Client: Beşiktaş Municipality / İsmail Ünal
- Contactor: Cedetaş Mimarlık / Serkan Cedetaş
- Construction type: Steel
- Site Area: 320 m2
- Total Construction Area: 320 m2
- Project Data: 2007-2008
- Construction Date: 2008-2009