Archive for the ‘Master Plan’ Category
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: COBE and Lundén Architecture
The international design competition for Tampere Travel and Service Centre was decided today at 11 AM Finnish time at Tampere City Hall, where Mayor Anna-Kaisa Ikonen unveiled the winning project. The winners are Danish architects COBE and Finnish Lundén Architecture in collaboration with Ramboll Finland and Newsec. The competition is the largest of its kind in Finland in many years.
Image Courtesy © COBE and Lundén Architecture
- Architects: COBE and Lundén Architecture
- Project: Tampere Travel and Service Center
- Location: Tampere, Finland
- Client: City of Tampere, Finnish Transport Agency, VR-Group and Senate Properties
- Engineer: Rambøll Finland
- Property valuation: Newsec
- Programme: New Travel and Service Centre for the City of Tampere, as well as a masterplan for the areas surrounding the railyard
- Size: 120.000 m2
- Assignment type: 1st Prize in competition in 2014
Friday, December 6th, 2013
Article source: Chyutin Architects
BGU University North Campus Master plan Winning competition 2013
Chyutin Architects won the competition for the design of the new campus for the Ben Gurion University in the city Beer Sheva in Israel. The new campus on a lot of 30 hectare and build area of 300 thousand square meters will double the size of the existing campus.
Image Courtesy © Chyutin Architects
- Architects: Chyutin Architects
- Project: BGU University North Campus Master plan
- Location: Beer sheba, Israel
- Client: Ben-Gurion University
- Competition team: Bracha Chyutin, Michael Chyutin, Jacques Dahan, Joseph Perez
- Area: 30 Hectares
- Project year: 2013
Tuesday, September 10th, 2013
Article source: RRC STUDIO
New Town Masterplan is a new residential district included in the larger project of the development of the area of Pudong across from the city center of Shanghai. The complex of 450.000 sqm is characterized mainly by residential types surrounded by large spaces dedicated to different utilities.
Image Courtesy © RRC STUDIO
- Architects: RRC STUDIO
- Project: NEW TOWN MASTERPLAN
- Location: PUDONG, CHINA
- Photography: RRC STUDIO
- DATE: 2013
- CLIENT: Private
- TYPE: Urban Design, Residential, Retail
- BUILT-UP AREA: 450.000 sqm – 4.9 milion sqft
- DATA: 5.500 apartments
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Article source: Grant Associates
Top UK landscape architecture firm, Grant Associates, has developed a holistic landscape framework and public realm strategy for the world’s most famous tennis club, Wimbledon, working alongside lead masterplanners, Grimshaw.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) has unveiled the Wimbledon Master Plan, which sets out a vision and framework for the future guiding the development and enhancement of Wimbledon as the pre-eminent Grand Slam and the ﬁnest stage in world tennis.
Image Courtesy © Grant Associates
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
Article source: PROMONTORIO
Built next to the campus of the University of Lisbon, the Entrecampos Square is the largest urban regeneration scheme under development in Lisbon since the Expo’98. Like so many other cities in Europe, Lisbon has been loosing inhabitants to the outer rings of the metropolitan area. In addition to macro-scale factors, like the declining birth rate and the persistence of rent-controlled contracts, the cost of housing in city centres has become prohibitive for young people.
Image Courtesy © PROMONTORIO
- Architects: PROMONTORIO
- Project: Entrecampos Masterplan
- Location: Avenida das Forcas Armadas, Lisbon, Portugal
- Client EPUL: (Empresa Publica de Urbanizacao de Lisboa)
Landscape Architecture João Nunes (PROAP)
- Programme: Mixed-use development with housing (67,000 sq.m), retail (12,000 sq.m), offices (24,000 sq.m), art centre (9,000 sq.m) and parking (3,500)
- Gross Built: Area 112,000 sq.m (plus 130,000 sq.m below grade)
- Project Status: 2004 (master planning) – 2004 (approved by the municipal)
- Software used: ArchiCAAD, Acrobat Pro, Adobe Illustrate
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Article source: EFFEKT + Henning Larsen Architects
Welcome to vinge
Vinge is a brand new town planned in scenic nature surroundings 30 minutes from Copenhagen. The development of Vinge is a large project both in international and regional perspectives. With its development area of 350 hectares it is currently the largest urban development in Denmark. Wing will house around 10,000 residents and employ 4,000 people. The city will have its own train station and a new highway will take its residents rapidly to and from Copenhagen.
Image Courtesy EFFEKT + Henning Larsen Architects
Sunday, May 12th, 2013
Article source: Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
The new Master Plan for the Ben-Gurion Campus 101-0661176, clearly marks a conceptual shift which is intended to gradually transform Rupin Road into the main axis of the Government Compound of Giv’at Ram. This new vision radically transforms the approach of scattering architectural landmark buildings within a large urban “park”, so as to create a vibrant urban fabric.
Image courtesy Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
- Architects: Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
- Project: The National Library
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
- Photography: Baer, Shifman-Nathan Architects
- Area: 45,000 m2
- Client: The National Library
- Software used: AutoCAD and 3dS Max
Tuesday, July 31st, 2012
Article source: Arata Isozaki y Asociados Espana
DISTRITO 38 is an office-park project of 70,000 square meters developed on a 35,000 square meter lot, which is to be built in three phases according to a master plan produced in collaboration with FOA. The area can be found at the foot of Montjuic hill, to the west of Barcelona, in a zone abounding in office projects currently under development, thus converting the area into an important tertiary centre located close to the airport and the seaport.
Image Courtesy Filippo Poli
Tuesday, July 10th, 2012
Article source: Holm Architecture Office
The Dongjiang Master Plan site is situated within the Binhai area, 60 kilometers outside of the city of Tianjin in Northern China on a newly developed section of the coastline. The plan includes 280,000 square meters of residential development, with 40,000 square meters of mixed-use office, retail, and public space.
- Architects: Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Dongjiang Harbor Master Plan
- Location: Tianjin, Binhai, China
- Program: Residential, Office, Commercial and Landscape.
- Type: Invited Competition.
- Size: 280.000 M2 residential, 40.000 M2 Mixed Use Office & Retail.
- Client: Confidential.
- Team: HAO/Holm Architecture Office and Archiland Beijing.
Friday, May 25th, 2012
Article source: UNStudio
As with many cities in China, Hangzhou is undergoing rapid urban change. Whilst the city centre has been beautifully developed around the West Lake area, opportunities for industry and commerce have shifted the city’s expansion towards the riverfront area in the South and towards the East, where the Hangzhou New District is located.
Day aerial view
- Architects: UNStudio
- Project: Master plan Hangzhou New District
- Location: Hanghzou East, Hanghzou, China
- Client: Hangzhou Railway Investment Co., Ltd.
- Building surface: 1,741,000 m2
- Building site: 367600 m2
- Programme: Masterplan
- Status: Competition
- UNStudio Team: Ben van Berkel, Caroline Bos, Gerard Lozekootand Filippo Lodi, Marcin Koltunskiand Jae Young Lee, Colette Perras, Valerie Tam, Zhuang Zahng, Lingxiao Zhang, Ramon van der Heijden, Ren Yee, Bartek Winniki, Tomas Mork