Archive for the ‘Medical Center’ Category
Sunday, August 14th, 2011
Article source: SPACESPACE
A dispensing pharmacy built on the roadside in Suzuka, Mie Prefecture. In suburb where cars are popular in daily use, many shops stand in a row on a national road rather than in front of the station, a unique road sight that car parks line along the road and the wall surface of buildings are secluded from the road can be frequently seen.
- Architect: SPACESPACE
- Name of Project: Isoyama Dispensing pharmacy
- Location: Suzuka, Japan
Wednesday, July 20th, 2011
Article source: Two Create Studio
London based Two Create were commissioned to design the latest Teenage Cancer Trust Unit in the brand new state of the art Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. Known as the Teenage Cancer Trust YPU (Young Persons Unit) the 12 patient ward consists of four single bed bays, two four bed bays and three social spaces including a study room, cinema room and kitchen/day room.
Image Courtesy John Selby
- Architects: Two Create Studio
- Project: Teenage Cancer Trust YPU
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Category: Public Sector Interior
- Client: Teenage Cancer Trust
- Software used: Creative Suite 4 and 5
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011
Article source: Tony Fretton Architects
Tony Fretton Architects’ 1490 sqm building is a hybrid development comprising ten apartments and a medial centre, which occupies the entire ground floor. It is a carefully crafted robust building offering light filled residential spaces with elegant fittings, proving that economically conceived housing for sale can be beautiful and well planned.
Image Courtesy Peter Cook
- Architect: Tony Fretton Architects
- Project: Vassall Road Housing & Medical Centre
- Location: 89 Vassall Road, Lambeth, London, England
- Photography: Peter Cook
Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011
Article source: Henley Halebrown Rorrison
Henley Halebrown Rorrison has completed its phased masterplan development of The Waldron health centre in Lewisham South London. Designed to change people’s perception of healthcare, The Waldron is planned around a new civic square framed by the health centre, shops, and a 5-storey development with street level café. Inside, the 6,029 sq m health centre is organised around two courtyard gardens and a spacious foyer featuring a site-specific installation by artist Martin Richman.
Entrance (Image Courtesy Nick Kane)
- Architects: Henley Halebrown Rorrison Architect
- Project:The Waldron Health Centre
- Location: Stanley Street, Lewisham, South London SE8 4GB
- Gross internal area: 6,029 sq m
- Value: £13.4 million
- Client: Lewisham Primary Care Trust, Lambeth Southwark & Lewisham LIFT Co, the developer Building Better Health & contractor Willmott Dixon
Tuesday, June 7th, 2011
Article source: klab
The design process for this large (600m2) supralocal pharmacy forced us to shift our viewpoint and come up with a virtual building—a placebo pharmacy. The octagonal shape of the existing structure was re-formed into a cylinder in order to create a spiral which seeks to converse with the rapid motion on Vouliagmenis Avenue, the urban artery on which the building stands. The panels of the façade are perforated using Braille, which both alludes to the system’s use on pharmaceutical packaging and boosts visibility by allowing the light to find its way into the interior. The new facade also protects the interior while acting as a lure for passers-by. Inside, the product display mirrors the circular frontage, while a ramp up to the upper level extends the dynamism of the exterior spiral into the interior space.
- Architects: Konstantinos Labrinopoulos
- Project: Placebo pharmacy
- Location: Glyfada, Athens, Greece
- Façade artistic implementation: Xara Marantidou
- Design team: Enrique Ramirez, Mark Chapman, Kostis Anagnostakis
- Images credit: P. Kokkinias
Thursday, April 28th, 2011
Article source: Visiondivision
Visiondivision has made a waiting room for a private clinic in Stockholm that specializes in athletic injuries. The clinic has two functions; it consists of a rehab gym and an arthroscopic centre. The clinic is occupying a storey in a larger hospital with a staircase and elevator unit that goes through all the floors in the building. We wanted to separate the clinic from the rest of the rather bland hospital environment when creating the new waiting room, and make a clearly defined space that is fresh and diverse while still being comfortable and relaxed to hang around and work in.
Waiting room for a private clinic
- Architecture firm: Visiondivision (Anders Berensson & Ulf Mejergren)
- Management and service consultant: Wild Windows (Wille Winell)
- Expected completion date: late summer 2011.
- Location: Stockholm
Wednesday, April 27th, 2011
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
More projects by Henning Larsen Architects
The 52,000 m2 extension of Herlev Hospital will comprise a new emergency department and maternity services centre, including a pediatrics unit and maternity ward, among others.
The winning project consists of three circular buildings placed on rectangular bases – which are displaced from each other creating a number of inviting outdoor spaces. The new extension thus constitutes a down-scaled and compressed contrast to the 120 metre high rectangular geometry of the existing hospital.
The new hospital in Herlev, Denmark, will open in 2017
- Location: Herlev Ringvej 75 2730 Herlev, Denmark
- Client: The Capital Region of Denmark
- Architects: Henning Larsen Architects, Friis & Moltke and Brunsgaard & Laursen
- Landscape architect: SLA
- Engineers: Orbicon | Leif Hansen, Norconsult and NNE Pharmaplan
- Gross floor area: 52,000 m2 (Phase 1)
- Type of assignment: First prize in international competition
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011
The new Health Centre is located in A Parda, a recent urban sprawl area on the outskirts of the city of Pontevedra, where the recent expansion of the urban structure is still coexisting with rural areas. The building emerges in a large lot surrounded by different kind of buildings like the new Music School, apartment blocks and some other facilities still to be defined.
Health Centre in a Parda Vier Aechitects
- Architects: Vier Arquitectos SLP
- Project: A Parda Health Centre
- Address: C/ Santiago de la Iglesia, 5, bajo. 15004. A Coruña. Spain
- Client: Xunta de Galicia (Regional Government)
- Software used: AutoCAD and CYPE
Monday, February 7th, 2011
This project transformed the top of an underutilized parking garage into a tranquil oasis and meditative garden within the Houston Medical Center.
Tuesday, February 1st, 2011
Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Architects Ward + Blake Finalists in International Health Care Design Competition with Sustainable Radiology Center Design
An innovative health care building design by Jackson Hole, Wyoming, commercial architects Ward + Blake Architects is named finalist in the International Academy for Design and Health awards for international healthcare projects under 40,000 square meters. The energy-efficient commercial design includes “daylighting” to promote wellness.
Exterior, horizontal, overall south facade from south southeast, Teton Radiology Madison, Rexburg, Idaho; Ward + Blake Architects