Archive for the ‘Medical Center’ Category
Friday, February 17th, 2012
Article source: José Javier Gallardo Ortega ///g.bang///
ONE CONCEPT, ONE COLOR AND ONE MATERIAL
The assignment is motivated by the need to expand the Neuro psychiatric Centre Our Lady of Carmen, in Zaragoza. In the first phase there is a new support centre for youth with behavioral problems, and currently sharing facilities with the geriatric section and, by the nature of their treatment and pathology, was necessary to become independent. In a second phase will be built the “Module for Occupational Workshops.”
- Architect: José Javier Gallardo Ortega ///g.bang///
- Name of Project: Yound Disabled Moduls And Workshop Pavillions
- Location: Camino del Abejar – Zaragoza, Spain
- Client: Nuestra Señora del Carmen Neuropsychiatric Centre, Hermanas Hospitalarias del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús
- Type: Medical Facility
- Building status: built in 2011
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Article source: Tsoi/Kobus & Associates
The Center for Life Science | Boston is the first of its kind in the country, a speculative, privately-owned, high-rise, multi-tenant laboratory building that offers flexible, cutting-edge research space to leading academic and medical institutions— Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children’s Hospital Boston, and the Immune Disease Institute—without the institutions’ having to spend their own capital dollars. The 22-story building is located in the Blackfan Research District of Boston’s renowned Longwood Medical Area, home to the highest concentration of life science researchers in the world.
Exterior View (Image Courtesy Jeffrey Totaro)
- Architects: Tsoi/Kobus & Associates
- Project: The Center for Life Science
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Owner: BioMed Realty Trust, Inc.
- Developer: Lyme Properties, LLC
- Construction Manager: William A. Berry & Son, Inc.
- MEP Engineer: AHA Consulting Engineers
- Structural Engineer: McNamara/Salvia, Inc.
- Landscape Architect: Copley Wolff Design Group
- Acoustical Consultant: Shen Milsom & Wilke
- Photographers: Jeffrey Totaro
- Software used: Given the high rise nature of the project, as well as the unusual geometry, designing and constructing the exterior curtain wall and its supporting structure was critical to maintain the budget and schedule. TK&A used an early version of BIM software to describe the various design options, both in terms of the visual geometry and the physical construction of the components and structural attachments.
Thursday, November 24th, 2011
Article source: Firma d.o.o.
Our proposal was directly influenced by the characteristics of the immediate surroundings of the plot. Through detailed site analysis, we concluded that the most important aspects of context are the landscape and the extreme impact of the rural environment. Therefore, the proposed residence for the elderly, apart from fulfilling all functional prerequisites, must be consistent with those surrounding features.
Nursing & Retiree Home
- Architects: Firma d.o.o.
- Project: Nursing & Retiree
- Location: Alava, Spain
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3dS Max and Adobe Photoshop
Thursday, November 24th, 2011
Article source: estudio SIC
The biopharmaceutical facilities, first antibody monoclonal manufacturing plant built in Spain, is the expression of the complex inner manufacturing processes of the product: a technological, efficient and sustainable solution.
GH Genhelix Biopharmaceutical Facilities
- Architects: estudio SIC
- Project: GH Genhelix Biopharmaceutical Facilities
- Location: León, Spain
Monday, November 7th, 2011
Article source: McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
The design/build team of McCarthy Building Companies, Inc., and TAYLOR, are working with St. Joseph Health System to build a new patient tower, parking structure and central utility plant at the St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton, Calif. Located on the northern side of the existing medical campus at Bastanchury Road and Harbor Boulevard, site preparation has been underway since December 2010, and the new tower officially broke ground during a private ceremony on September 25, 2011.
St. Jude Medical Center Northwest Patient Tower (Image Courtesy Shimahara Illustration)
- Architects: McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Project: New Patient Tower at St. Jude Medical Campus
- Location: Fullerton, CA
- Photography: Shimahara Illustration
- Software used: Revit Architecture, Revit Structures, Revit MEP, AutoCAD MEP 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D, CADmech, CADpipe, NavisWorks and Google Sketch-up
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011
Article source: inFORM studio
The Cozart Medical Office Facility involves the development of a 7,500 square foot medical office to contain a plastic surgery center, and possible leasable space, located on a .51 acre site along Grissom Avenue, in the Oleander Business Park, Myrtle Beach, SC.
Cozart Medical Office Building
- Architects: inFORM studio
- Project: Cozart Medical Office Building
- Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Total Project: 7,500 sq.ft.
Friday, October 28th, 2011
Article source: Doblee
The project, beside giving content to the program of a medical doctor’s office, tries to generate a dialog between the interior of the building and the public space that surrounds it, having in it counts the sun and the spaces of privacy of the consultations.
Image Courtesy Josema Cutillas
- Architects: Doblee Architect
- Project: Medical Centre in Milagro
- Location: parcel nº 782 of the polygon nº1, between the street Profesor Turrillas and San Juan Avenue, Milagro, Navarra (Spain).
- Architect Design: Borja Izaguirre Larrañaga, Cristina Arregi Gonzalo, Silvia Echeverría Echeverría, Beatriz Gil Rodríguez
- Promoter: Town Hall of Milagro (Spain)
- Constructed Area: 653 m2
- Date: From: August 2009 Finish: April 2010
- Budget: 588.420 Euros
- Photography: Josema Cutillas
Thursday, September 8th, 2011
Article source: Cannon Design
As one of the top medical institutions in the Middle East known for its high-caliber professional staff and state-of-the-art medical techniques, this new Hospital and Research Center project will further enhance the client’s image, expressing its vibrant future and cutting edge clinical care and research practices. Goals for the project include creating world class healing environments that provide technologically advanced medical care for patients, and a collaborative working situation for medical staff.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Cannon Design)
- Architect:Cannon Design (In association with DAR al Riyadh)
- Name of project: King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center
- Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Size: 1.8 million sf
- Engineers: Cannon Design
- Photography: Renderings/Drawings by Cannon Design
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011
Article source: C. F. Møller Architects
The circular building housing the casualty and isolation departments at Skåne University Hospital (SUS) in Malmö, Sweden – designed to offer the best possible prevention against the spread of infection – is set to become the hospital’s striking new landmark.
Night View (Image Courtesy Jørgen True)
- Architects: C. F. Møller Architects in collaboration with SAMARK Arkitektur& Design
- Project: Emergency and Infectious Diseases Unit – Skåne University Hospital (SUS)
- Location: Malmö, Sweden
- Client: RegionserviceSödraSkåne
- Size: 26,000 m²
- Year: 2006-2011
Sunday, August 14th, 2011
Article source: SPACESPACE
A dispensing pharmacy built on the roadside in Suzuka, Mie Prefecture. In suburb where cars are popular in daily use, many shops stand in a row on a national road rather than in front of the station, a unique road sight that car parks line along the road and the wall surface of buildings are secluded from the road can be frequently seen.
- Architect: SPACESPACE
- Name of Project: Isoyama Dispensing pharmacy
- Location: Suzuka, Japan