Archive for the ‘Mixed use’ Category
Friday, December 2nd, 2016
Article source: Studio RHE
Built in 1993, Republic is a 600,000 square feet office development with retail and leisure amenities and 471 car parking spaces situated on a prominent 6.4-acre island site in the London Docklands. It is currently being refurbished and reimagined by Trilogy Property and La Salle Investment Management to appeal to the burgeoning innovation, co-working, cultural and tech sectors. With a distinctive building wrap from Studio Hingston and designs from award-winning architect Studio RHE, Republic aims to provide competitive rents to young talent priced out of central London locations such as the West End and Shoreditch.
Republic’s location, directly accessed by East India DLR station in E14, anticipates the eastward migration of the creative and digital sectors and cultural institutions, such as the English National Ballet’s move to London City Island and Olympicopolis in Stratford, and enjoys a Zone 2 location and transport links which connects in minutes to the established business districts of Canary Wharf, the City and West End, as well as the cultural neighbourhoods of Stratford and Shoreditch.
Image Courtesy © Studio RHE
- Architects: Studio RHE
- Project: Republic
- Location: London, United Kingdom
Tuesday, November 29th, 2016
Article source: Studioninedots
Studioninedots and Lingotto are proud to have won the tender for an iconic new building on Lelylaan, Amsterdam with our design that has a collective ‘Super Space’ as its heart. West Beat has a vast, transparent ground floor – a continuous public space. From a physical and programmatic sense, residents, businesses and passersby experience West Beat as a lively connector. In the tender phase, the project convinced the City of Amsterdam with its quality of design and concept, and approach to sustainability.
Image Courtesy © A2Studio
- Architects: Studioninedots
- Project: West Beat
- Location: Lelylaan-Delflandlaan, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Visualization: A2Studio
- Client: Lingotto Ontwikkeling BV
- Design team: Albert Herder, Vincent van der Klei, Arie van der Neut, Metin van Zijl
- Project team: Joost Maatkamp, Wouter Hermanns, Karlijn de Jong, Joost Körver
- Concept and landscape: SLeM
- Sustainability: DPA | Cauberg-Huygen
- Structural: Royal HaskoningDHV
- Construction costs: IGG Boiton de Groot
- Programming and operations: Horeca Development
- EPC: -0.05
- Plot: 3.250 m2
- Design-completion: 2016-2020
Saturday, November 26th, 2016
Article source: Squire and Partners
Squire and Partners won an invited competition in 2006 to design a new mixed-use building for a prestigious corner site in Mayfair which addresses both Hanover Square and Hanover Street.
Launched in April 2012, the completed building marks the first UK venture for Mitsui Fudosan, Japan’s leading property company, working with development managers Stanhope. The clients sought to provide a high quality exemplar sustainable building providing 91,000 sq ft of office, residential and gallery space.
Image Courtesy © Squire and Partners
Thursday, November 24th, 2016
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Andrew Bromberg at Aedas, Gemdale Changshou Road is located within the inner ring of Shanghai urban city, near the historic Changde Road with close proximity to two metro stations and a planned future green area in the residential zone on the south. The 45,000-square-metre project consists of an office tower and a retail podium. The project had an interesting challenge as a bridge between the low-rise, residential developments to the south and Changshou Road to the north.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Gemdale Changshou Road
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Client: Gemdale Properties and Investment Corporate Limited
- Director: Andrew Bromberg at Aedas
- Gross floor area: 63,595 square metres
- Completion year: 2019
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016
Article source: ARCHETONIC
Zentral is located on a property with unusual geometry. It is a multiuse complex with offices, a shopping center, and apartments. Facing the Manuel Gómez Morín peripheral ring, Zentral enjoys a strategic location on one of Guadalajara’s main routes in the Puerta de Hierro neighborhood. Its soaring views of the city serve as a cornerstone for the project.
Image Courtesy © Bloom Render
- Architects: ARCHETONIC (Jacobo Micha Mizrahi + Jaime Micha Balas)
- Project: Zéntral
- Location: Puerta de Hierro, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México
- Renders: Bloom Render
- Design team: Gustavo O´Farrill Ferro,Alfredo Monterde Alarcón, Adrián García García, Rodrigo Muñoz García, Rodolfo Romero Chávez
- Structure: Ing. Rodolfo Valles
- Construction: Constructora SMB
- Engineering: INTERBRAX, INRASA, CYVSA
- Area: 79,264 m2
- Year: 2016
- Status: In process
Saturday, November 19th, 2016
Article source: OMA
Bibliothèque Alexis de Tocqueville is a public library for the metropolitan region Caen la Mer in Normandy, France. The 12,000 m2 multimedia library is located at the tip of the peninsula that extends out from the city of Caen to the English Channel. Its key position – between the city’s historic core and an area of Caen that is being developed – supports the city’s ambition for the library to become a new civic center. The library’s glass facade visually connects the adjacent park, pedestrian pathway and waterfront plaza to the interior and together with two large ground floor entrances at both sides of the building, enables a fluid interaction of the library with its surroundings. On the upper floors, the urban belvedere provides unobstructed views in all four directions.
Photograph by Philippe Ruault, Courtesy of OMA
- Architects: OMA
- Project: Bibliothèque Alexis de Tocqueville
- Location: Caen, France
- Photography: Philippe Ruault
- Client: Communauté d’agglomération Caen La Mer
- Architecture: Clement Blanchet Architecture, Barcode Architects
- Engineering: Iosis / Egis Batiments
- Sustainability & Facade: Elioth
- Acoustic: RHDHV
- Scenography: Ducks sceno
- Renderings / moving images: ArtefactoryLab
- Façade: Rob van Santen / VS-a group
- Curtains: Inside Outside
- Program: Library, Total 12 700 m2 (SHON), including 325 m2 exhibition space, 350 m2 restaurant, 250m2 auditorium, 3200 m2 reading spaces, 2075m2 offices + logistics and 1900 m2 storage space
- Status: Construction
Sunday, November 13th, 2016
Article source: ROGERS PARTNERS
The Rogers Partners / ASD | SKY / Ken Smith Workshop design for a new St. Petersburg pier creates a destination that embraces the pier’s role both as an icon for the City of St. Petersburg and an integral part of the vitality of downtown – a place for tourists and the local community alike, one that honors its history, while establishing a new icon for a 21st century public place.
Image Courtesy © ROGERS PARTNERS
- Architects: ROGERS PARTNERS
- Project: The New St. Pete Pier
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
Friday, November 11th, 2016
Article source: CORE Architects Inc.
12 degrees was designed as an urban infill project, fitting into the context of a mixed use residential area where the city block has buildings that include both the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Ontario College of Art and Design.
Given the artistic nature of the city block, the design became a playful exercise in massing and an anchor to the south-west corner of the block. The design can be read as analogous to the stacking of toy blocks, with one of the blocks skewed at 12 degrees from the others.
Image Courtesy © CORE Architects Inc.
- Architects: CORE Architects Inc.
- Project: 12 Degrees
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Software used: REVIT and AutoCad
Thursday, November 10th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Founded in 1990 by partners Dan Menchions and Keith Rushbrook, II BY IV DESIGN is a creative studio that you know, only if you’re in the know. The creators of many high profile projects, their portfolio of work is impressive and their client list reads like a who’s who in industry circles; however, Menchions and Rushbrook are understated about their success, preferring to let their design work take center stage.
Ten York_Exterior, Image Courtesy © Norm Li Architectural Graphics
- Architects: II BY IV DESIGN
- Project: The Epitome of Silent Luxury
- Location: USA
- Photography: Norm Li Architectural Graphics, Aareas Interactive Inc., Javier Lovera Yepes and Steelblue
Sunday, November 6th, 2016
Article source: Pedro Quero Arquitectos
PORTA NOVA (a new Gateway)
How should we design a place facing the remains of Alcudia’s historical walls? What action to take opposite to the historical fortifications in there since times of Jaume II? A reinterpretation of the walled citadel and the site´s symbolism gave us the key to solve the proposal.
Image Courtesy © Pedro Quero Arquitectos