Archive for the ‘Mixed use’ Category
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: HWKN and Handel Architects
The team from HWKN yesterday joined Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, owners The KRE Group and National Real Estate Advisors and other local dignitaries to celebrate the groundbreaking of Journal Squared, HWKN and Handel Architects’ highly-anticipated three-tower, mixed-use development adjacent to the Journal Square PATH Station that is expected to fuel the revitalization of the massive transportation hub and serve as the centerpiece of a resurgent urban neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © HWKN and Handel Architects
- Architects: HWKN and Handel Architects
- Project: Journal Squared
- Location: Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Size: 2,300,000 sq. ft. in 3 phases. Phase 1 currently under construction, containing 540 units.
- Client: Kushner Real Estate Group, National Real Estate Advisors
- Consultants: WSP Cantor Seinuk Inc. (structure), Barone Engineering Associates (MEP), Melillo + Bauer Associates, Inc. (landscape architect), Christopher Stevens LLC (Interiors), Bruce Mau Design (Identity), Bliss Fasman Inc. (Lighting Consultant), Van Deusen & Associates (Elevator Consultant), Israel Berger & Associates (Building Envelope Consultant), Dresdner Robin (Civil Engineers), Dolan and Dean Consulting Engineers, LLC (Traffic Consultant
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
“It is time for Cairo to witness the creation of an iconic sustainable building that would express the future of the city Victorious , after decades of urban degradation and also after the recent flip page of unrest – it represents the demand to look into the peak guidance into the future which developers would seek to track.»Abraj Misr
Our Client «Abraj Misr»is developing a new site in a very strategic location in Cairo, on al Nozha Street in Nasr City (vital street). The site is neighbored with large
projects, either already
constructed (e.g. City Stars) or
under Construction (e.g. Delta
Development Project on Al Nasr
Road), or potential projects (e.g. Al Tayyar Land on Al Nasr Road). The site enjoys strong connections to Cairo Airport and main Cairo Arteriessuch as Al Nasr Road (Auto Strad) and Al Orouba Road.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: THE GATE RESIDENCE
- Location: Heliopolis District, Cairo,Egypt
- CLIENT: Abraj Misr, Urban Development
- PROGRAM: 1000 Appartments, Offices and Shopping Mall
- SURFACE AREA: 450 000 M²
- BUDGET : EGP 4,5 bn.
- START OF THE CONSTRUCTION : March 2015
- DELIVERY: 2019
- CURRENT PHASE: Schematic Design / Building Permit
- GREEN CERTIFICATION: LEED Gold Plus
- LOCAL ARCHITECT: K&A Design, Injaz Development
- VCA’S TEAM: Agnès Martin, Jiaoyang Huang, Fabrice Zaini, MaguyDelrieu, Vincent Callebaut
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Hamonic + Masson & Associés
The programme of this competition, won in 2008 by Hamonic + Masson & Associés architects, was to reconstruct the Marne departmental archives annexe, situated in the French city of Reims. The new construction is located opposite the old building, and the project was completed and delivered by Hamonic + Masson & Associés in 2014. The aim was to turn the building in to a modern history research hub and a regional information centre, whilst expanding the linear archival storage space from 7km to 18km.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia
- Architects: Hamonic + Masson & Associés
- Project: Reconstruction of departmental archives
- Location: 129, avenue de l’Yser, Reims, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia
- Software used: Vectorworks, Nemetschek
- Client: Conseil Général de la Marne.
- Structural engineer: SIBAT
- Cost: 6,6 M€ excluding tax.
- Surface: 5 145 m2
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: mikelić vreš arhitekti d.o.o.
The “Histria Aromatica” homestead is the center of a unique agricultural – tourist complex planted with indigenous, medicinal, aromatic plants and herbs.The complex is located on a formerly neglected hill in the municipality Pizanovac Bale in Istria. At its highest point lies a unique micro location which offers uninterrupted panoramic views of the Istrian coast, from historic town of Rovinj to the National park of the Brijuni archipelago.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Dorotić
- Architects: mikelić vreš arhitekti d.o.o.
- Project: Histria Aromatica Homestead
- Location: Bale, Croatia
- Photography: Ivan Dorotić
- CLIENT: Bioaromatica d.o.o.
- ARCHITECTS TEAM: Marin Mikelić, Hrvoje Vidović,Tomislav Vreš
- SITE AREA: 100.000 m²
- BUILDING AREA: 780 m²
- TOTAL FLOOR AREA: 972 m²
- STORIES: Basement + ground floor + 1st floor
- STRUCTURE: Concrete
- FINISH: Natural stone
- COMPLETED DATE: 2014.
- DESIGN PARTICIPATION: Sara Pavlov, Silvija Pranjić, Stjepan Birač (Architecture), Mateo Biluš (Details, Building Physics), Mario Todorić, Toding (Structural Engineering), Srećko Zubak, Shema ZS (Electrical Engineering), Marinko Zečević, Citara (HVAC), Goran Vučković (Plumbing Engineering), Davor Belužić, Hobby bazeni (Fountain Engineering), Željko Mužević, Flamit (Fire Protection)
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: Grant Associates
Grant Associates, the international landscape architecture practice, has unveiled details of its new landscape and public realm design for Capitol Singapore, a prestigious $1.1 billion mixed-use redevelopment of a key heritage site in the city’s downtown civic district. The first phase of the integrated development is due to open end 2014.
Image Courtesy © Grant Associates
- Architects: Grant Associates
- Project: Grant Associates unveils landscape designs for Capitol Singapore
- Location: Capitol Singapore
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: KNOWSPACE
The reorganization of the Center for Hydro-geology and Environmental Geology Survey’s campus includes several different interventions in 2 phases: phase 1 comprises of a 2-storey canteen and activity center building and the renovation of the doorman house, while phase 2 includes a 10-storey laboratory building and the refurbishment of the office building facade from the 1980s.
Image Courtesy © Lv Hengzhong
- Architects: KNOWSPACE
- Project: CHEGS CAMPUS CANTEEN
- Location: Baoding, China
- Photography: Lv Hengzhong
- Software used: AutoCAD
- Client: Center for Hydrogeology and Environmental Geology Survey (CHEGS), Baoding
- Consultants: Baoding Institute for Architecture Design Co., Ltd (Structure, HVAC and site supervision)
- Area: 660 m2 GFA
- Time: 2012-2014
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Article source: Girimun Architects
As part of a package of investments for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, the regeneration of 85 hectares of land near the old docks will create more than 1 million sqm of apartments, hotels, office buildings and a convention centre. The project addresses two moments: the completion of support facilities for the 2016 Olympic Games (10,600-room accommodation for media and referees, a media-centre and 3 to 5-star hotels) and its transformation post-Games into a vibrant mixed-use extension of the city centre. A green loop circuit of public spaces embraces the whole master plan encouraging pedestrian and bicycle use by linking the various dissociated sites and connecting the whole area to the nearby waterfront of the revitalized docks.
Image Courtesy © Girimun Architects
- Architects: Girimun Architects
- Project: Porto Olimpico
- Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Size: 1,000,000 m2
- Client: Competition
- Collaborating firm: BuroldHappold Engineering + DG Arquitetura e Planejamento, Mauro Resnitzky
Friday, October 17th, 2014
Article source: Frank Gehry
Created in one of the most biodiverse places in the world, with content developed by scientists at the University of Panamá and the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, the Biomuseo will celebrate the public opening of its completed building by Frank Gehry on October 2, 2014. The 44,132-square-foot (4,100-square-meter) building is the world-renowned architect’s first project in Latin America.
Image Courtesy © Fernando Alda
- Architects: Frank Gehry
- Project: Biomuseo
- Location: Amador, Panama
- Client: Fundación Amador, María del Pilar Arosemena de Alemán, President
- Biomuseo Leadership: Victor Cucalón, Director
- Exhibition Design: Bruce Mau Design
- Project Size: Building: 4,100 square meters / 44,000 square feet
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
Article source: SPF:architects
The program for the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts [the Wallis] was to transform the Historic Post Office Site into a cultural center for the performing arts including, the 500 seat Goldsmith Theatre, the 120 seat Lovelace Studio Theatre, an education wing, administrative offices, café, gift shop, sculpture garden, education court and a state of the art performing arts support spaces.
Image Courtesy © SPF:architects
- Architects: SPF:architects
- Project: Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
- Location: Beverly Hills, California, U.S.A
- OWNER: Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
- PRESERVATION ARCHITECT & HISTORIC TAX CREDIT: Historic Resources Group
- THEATER CONSULTANT: Schuler Shook
- ACOUSTIC CONSULTANT: Jaffe Holden Acoustics
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: Structural Focus
- MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL/PLUMBING: ARC Engineering
- CIVIL ENGINEER: Rothman Engineering, Inc.
- AUDIO/VIDEO CONSULTANT: Electrosonic Design Consulting
- LIGHTING: HLB Lighting
- CONTRACTOR: Matt Construction Company
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
Article source: Frei + Saarinen Architekten
In 2011, Zurich-based architects Frei + Saarinen won the competition to replace a “front building” that was damaged by a fire. The front-building is so called because it is attached to a triple gymnasium that is also used for events such as concerts, exhibitions, carnival, marriages (with up to 1000 guests), etc.
Image Courtesy © Hannes Henz
- Architects: Frei + Saarinen Architekten
- Project: Front Building of Chliriethalle
- Location: Chlirietstrasse, 8154 Oberglatt, Switzerland
- Photography: Hannes Henz, Zürich , Stefan Wuelser
- Client: Community Oberglatt, Switzerland
- Type of commission: Competition, 1st Prize (2011)
- Architecture Team: Frei + Saarinen Architekten GmbH, Barbara Frei, Martin Saarinen, with Beat Lengen, Hans-Christian Rufer
- Engineer: WGG Schnetzer Puskas Ingenieure AG
- Manufacturers/Suppliers: Eternit roof